Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

i can't be part of your life until i know how to die [O]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

i can't be part of your life until i know how to die [O] Empty
PostSubject: i can't be part of your life until i know how to die [O]   i can't be part of your life until i know how to die [O] EmptyWed 12 Jun 2024 - 8:15

TWILIGHTPAW
Hold on tight to this time, this place...

Twilightpaw had been feeling strangely for the last few days. He’d sparred with Oleander, and then the day after he’d sparred again with Larkspring… and his chest hurt during it. A dense, thudding ache against his ribs; compression in his lungs, making it hard to breathe. The spar with Larkspring did not last long before they had to stop. Twilightpaw had felt dizzy and needed to return to camp. He hadn’t been able to shake the feeling since. The pain did not go away, nor did the blurry darkness that crowded into his vision. Twilightpaw did not tell anyone how he felt, but he could barely attend patrols or training sessions. His state was unignorable, but he had to fight it. He was terrified of the possibility he could be getting sick again.

Twilightpaw lingered just outside the medicine den. It was a familiar haunt. He had spent more of his youth there than in the nursery. Pigeonpounce… Littlesplash’s successor. He could hear her shuffling inside. A breath rattled out of Twilightpaw’s lungs and he kicked at the sand. It would be so easy to brush past the barrier of reeds and admit to her his ailment. She was inexperienced, but perhaps she would be able to tell him something. But Twilightpaw could not get his paws to move forward. He remained exactly where he stood, swaying unsteadily from side to side. She won’t be any help to me, Twilightpaw thought sourly. It was a mean thought. He was upset with himself immediately for having it. Being upset did not stop its passing, nor did it stop him from retreating from the den. I’m fine, he told himself, even as the world threatened to disappear from sight and he wobbled dangerously on his fine. I’m an apprentice now. I’m strong, like Oleander. I’ll be okay.

It wasn’t long before Twilightpaw retired to his den. He was one of the first apprentices to turn in with the setting sun. He forced himself to stay awake until Oleanderpaw joined the den as well, settling in to their side-by-side nests. Only then did he curl up, resting his head on his paws and letting his eyes fall closed. Sleep did not come easily to Twilightpaw. His struggling breaths and the growing pain in his chest made it difficult to relax. But eventually, he succumbed to the tides of weariness.

When Twilightpaw awoke with the dawn, he stretched and yawned as he always did. After blinking twice, he realized something: his chest did not hurt anymore. A self-satisfied smile spread across his muzzle. He’d been right. He was fine--he just needed a few days of recovery. Twilightpaw lumbered to his paws and suddenly stopped short. It was only upon rising that he realized he was moving without the assistance of his body; his body, which lay in a weightless heap exactly where he’d left it, curled up in his nest. Twilightpaw scrambled back, expecting to trip over the other apprentices in the den, but his legs simply passed through them as he wheeled away. ”No, no...” No one stirred at the sound of his voice.

Twilightpaw shook his head hard and dove forward. He pressed against Oleanderpaw’s side, but his brother did not react to his presence. There was no weight for him to feel trying to nudge him awake. ”Oleander,” Twilightpaw said, desperation in his mew, ”Oleander, I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry.” Phantom pressure built up behind his eyes, but he could no longer cry. ”I didn’t know I was leaving. I should’ve stayed awake. I shouldn’t have had that spar with Larkspring. I’m so sorry.” Twilightpaw wrapped his neck around his brother’s in an affectionate embrace and screwed his eyes shut tight. He could feel a tugging in his paws--the call of Silverpelt, trying to summon him. But he wasn’t ready yet. ”Be strong,” he whispered. He knew Oleanderpaw couldn’t hear him, but he hoped his brother could feel the message. ”I know you already are, but keep being strong. I won’t ever stop watching over you. Our whole family--none of us will.” Twilightpaw vowed.

And then he could remain no longer. His already spectral form was beginning to grow even thinner, weaker. ”I love you. I love you, Oleander. Remember to eat well.” The words slipped out fast, very fast, to ensure Twilightpaw had time to say them at all. Then he unfolded himself from his brother’s side and got to his paws. He stepped out of the apprentice’s den, even though he likely could have passed through the roof, and after a final look back, began his climb toward Silverpelt.
...'cause everything you know will be erased.
RiverClan Apprentice • Apprentice • he/him • #5B31AD
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Characters : Basskit / Fuzzybelly
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 512

PostSubject: Re: i can't be part of your life until i know how to die [O]   i can't be part of your life until i know how to die [O] EmptyWed 12 Jun 2024 - 8:42

It was Redpaw's first moon in the apprentice den. He thanked his lucky stars that he was no longer getting primped and prodded by the mothers in the nursery. The dark red tom was asleep– going from chasing butterflies to catching fish was tiring work!

When he awoke, he saw one of the senior apprentices sleeping as well. It made him feel a bit less foolish to be taking a nap if he needed one too.

But... wait... was that guy breathing...?

Redpaw scurried to Twilightpaw, nudging him. There was a sick limpness to the other apprentice's body, something wasn't right...

Redpaw sprinted out, running for the medicine cat.
Back to top Go down
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Characters : [B]oartusk, [Spi]derdance, [O]leanderpaw, [Ser]pentkit
Clan/Rank : [B] Shadowclan T3 Warrior, [Spi] Windclan T3 Warrior, [O] Riverclan Apprentice, [Ser] Thunderclan Unborn Kit
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 637

PostSubject: Re: i can't be part of your life until i know how to die [O]   i can't be part of your life until i know how to die [O] EmptyWed 12 Jun 2024 - 11:36

"You are alone in your grief because you choose to be"
Oleanderpaw
Apprentice | RiverClan | He/Him

Twilight... didn't look right.

He just looked so tired and unsteady on his paws. Oleanderpaw kept close to his side for the past few days. They had been doing so much better since they were apprentices, but as much as he despised it, nursing after a sick sibling didn't feel abnormal to him. Illness was attracted to them like flies to crowfood, one of them destined to catch something the moment one cat in camp started sniffling. That was fine, thankfully they could handle colds just fine.

But this seemed to be affecting Twilight a little more. Maybe this was something a little stronger, but they had made it through everything so far, he was sure Twilightpaw could make it through this as well. He made sure his brother ate and rested. This would pass and they would be sparing once more by the end of the week.

He laid down beside his sibling in the apprentice's den, saying his goodnight as he laid his head down. His back pressed against Twilightpaw's dark spine, unconsciousness swaddling him up in its embrace.

The light gray-brown tom awoke, only catching Redpaw's tail as he slipped out of the den with surprising haste. Did his mentor call for him? Oleander hadn't heard it. It was still quite early, the sky bathed in oranges and pinks as the sun barely dressed the horizon. Maybe he could sneak a few more minutes of rest... Oleanderpaw shifted, twisting to rest his head on Twilightpaw's flank. Feeling the gentle rise and fall was a comforting thing for him, both the gentle rocking and the knowledge his brother was alright usually lulled him to sleep.

Only... there was no trace of it this time.

Oleander froze. No, there was breathing, there had to be. Maybe it was just so faint he couldn't feel it. That wasn't good either. He placed a paw upon the other tom's ribs, pressing in a desperate attempt to feel something. All he felt was a horrible chill.

"Twilight, you gotta get up." His voice was just a whisper, but there was the beginnings of panic starting to tighten his throat. "Twilight, you don't feel right, you gotta get up. We gotta get you to Pigeonpounce." He gently shook his brother, growing sick at just how limply his brother jostled around. He wanted to vomit. This wasn't happening. This was a dream. This was a nightmare he would wake up from.

"Twilight!" He hissed, nudging his brother harder, shaking his entire cold body, hovering over him. "Twilight, come on! Get up!" They were apprentices now! They made it passed their kithood alive. They were supposed to be safe, they were supposed to be warriors together. Why had the death come for him? Twilightpaw deserved to get his full name, to live a full and happy life. Why were the stars so determined to take everyone from him?

"Brother, please. I love you. I love you so much." His words broke into a desperate sob, the apprentice crumbling to nuzzle into his sibling's neck as his face scrunched in absolute despair. He couldn't muster to speak anymore, just wailing as his emotions came out in ways words couldn't contain, tears wetting his sibling's fur. Twilight was the last of his family. He never got to meet his father, his mother and the rest of his siblings falling one by one before his eyes. Twilight was his reason to continue, his reason to try. He had to be good and strong for his brother. An example. Now what? What did he have left?

He was alone.

discord: MediocreCrisis  | timezone: EST | code (c) kieer

Boartusk | Shadowclan T3 Warrior | #990000
Oleanderpaw | Riverclan Apprentice | #669933
Spiderdance | Windclan T3 Warrior | #0883D4
Serpentkit | Thunderclan Unborn Kit | #703642
Not Depicted
Plotting Page | Art Emporium | Character Profiles

Last edited by MediocreCrisis on Wed 12 Jun 2024 - 20:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moths in the Sky

Moths in the Sky

Characters : (P)ineheart, ✝ (R)ainpaw, ? (M)aggotpaw ? [S]nailpaw
Clan/Rank : (P) Riverclan Tier I Warrior, (R) Thunderclan App (M) Skyclan Apprentice [S] Riverclan Apprentice
Number of posts : 443

PostSubject: Re: i can't be part of your life until i know how to die [O]   i can't be part of your life until i know how to die [O] EmptyWed 12 Jun 2024 - 17:28

Snailpaw
He/Him

Snailpaw wasn't doing much just before going to his nest for the night. Or at least, nothing out of the ordinary.

A bit of pondering, a bit of a head shake as he snaps himself out of it, a bit of holding his tail just above the ground as he settled in to finally start a sound sleep, laying down comfortably curled in his nest.

Ah, but his peaceful rest was slowly stirring to a wake during early sunrise as he heard wailing so woeful behind him, from.. Oleanderpaw?

Snailpaw craned his head over to see him, desperately sobbing into Twilightpaw's fur. His heart dropped. What happened? Had Twilight..? He didn't seem healthy before, but Snailpaw didn't think he was going to...

I suppose you never really expect it.. He thought to himself-- Okay, now isn't the time to get all wisdom-y. There's a DEAD APPRENTICE laying right there.

His ears fell back as he stretched out of his nest, walking over to sit next to Twilightpaw and Oleanderpaw.

"...I'm sorry, Oleander. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you, anything at all." He offered, bowing his head from a mix of sorrow and respect.

He could grab Pigeonpounce.. But he figured that Redpaw was out of the den for that reason, considering how he didn't see him..

What a cruel world it is, able to take anything it wishes from you..

Snailpaw
Tom
20HP / 40EP

PM me for plots n stuff

all the cats i got, alive and dead

roman numerals, in case you need them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i can't be part of your life until i know how to die [O]   i can't be part of your life until i know how to die [O] Empty

Back to top Go down

i can't be part of your life until i know how to die [O]
Page 1 of 1