Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

what is dead may never die (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw [D]aytrader, [R]yepaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Deputy | ShadowClan, Apprentice| T1 Loner | WindClan Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 484

what is dead may never die (c) Empty
PostSubject: what is dead may never die (c)   what is dead may never die (c) EmptyFri 24 May 2024 - 16:47

Cindersky
T3 Deputy| RiverClan| she/her
"i loved you like the sun."

Cindersky had made time in the patrols just to speak to Rookflight. It was tricky, plotting and planning it so that it would line up. But she did it. It had only taken a night of thought. They didn't speak anymore. Not like before. There was no bad blood-- She hoped. They spent more time now with Sunpool and Willowwisp, and she was glad of it. Although she would be a fool to deny that she missed them dearly. She missed when it was the three of them. Her, Rookflight, Larkspring.

She fell into step beside them, announcing her presence with the feather-light tip of her nose to their shoulder. She said nothing until they were away from camp centre, both mindlessly moving toward a more secluded spot. She offered them a light smile, and in a tentative voice asked; "Will I ask how you are, or do we want to avoid the rock in the pool?" She was sure they knew what she meant.

discord: @moonazine| timezone: gmt| code (c) kieer

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw |  Ryepaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

PostSubject: Re: what is dead may never die (c)   what is dead may never die (c) EmptySun 26 May 2024 - 11:26

ROOKFLIGHT
I would rather stay in bed, but...

Cindersky hadn’t rotated out of their life, exactly, but the slight distance that had grown between them was notable. Rookflight didn’t like it. It was a casualty of life, he supposed: they had both been consumed by other things, Cindersky especially, and they simply lacked the time to speak as they once had. It did not negate the friendship that existed between them. But still… Rookflight was far from fond. They enjoyed the days where it was them, Cindersky, and Larkspring; always together. But equally, they enjoyed the trio comprised of them, Willowwisp, and Sunpool. Again they were faced with the kithood dilemma of how to split their time.

But today was not for worrying about that. Today, they were blessed with a patrol at Cindersky’s side. Her doing, and intentional, they had no doubt. They rose to their paws followed her out of camp easily when Cindersky arrived at their side. They had been expecting a standard patrol, and were truthfully looking forward to walking quietly by her side and enjoying her presence. It caught them off guard slightly when Cindersky turned to them and began to speak. The question made their ears lower, but Rookflight did not turn away from it.

”No,” they said, ”ignoring it will do neither of us good.” He sighed. A tightness pinched his expression and Rookflight looked away from her, glancing down at his paws instead. ”I am… I cannot say I am well.” They answered slowly. ”I… ache. I do not know what to do. With myself, with anything. I do not know how to accept that she is gone.” Rookflight’s eyes squeezed shut for a moment until they shook their head and released another breath. ”But I am… managing. What of yourself?” He stepped closer and flicked his tail across Cindersky’s shoulder. ”How are you getting along? I hope you are not ignoring yourself in the name of duty.”
...I know there's a reason I'm alive.
RiverClan • T4 Warrior • they/he • #6082B6
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Deputy | ShadowClan, Apprentice| T1 Loner | WindClan Apprentice
Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: what is dead may never die (c)   what is dead may never die (c) EmptyFri 31 May 2024 - 10:46

Cindersky
T3 Deputy| RiverClan| she/her
"i loved you like the sun."

Cindersky leaned in and tipped her snout to their shoulder as they looked away. A quiet show of comfort, though she would not risk speaking in case it wrecked his train of thought. She listened, feeling her own chest twist and squeeze at the very notion of confronting what was both in their heads. But they were right. Ignoring it would do them no good.

"It is... easier to deal with it when I'm busy," She murmured, flicking her eyes across the forest for but a moment, and then returned her attention to her companion. "I find that if I sit for too long, then I begin to think. And then I regret. What I did cannot be undone, but perhaps... Perhaps she knew I did not despise her in the end. I want to think she forgave me, but I suppose I will never know."

She pivoted her feet around a small, slippery stone, pushing Rookflight out of the way of it in turn. It was oft the other way before. How times change. She could not figure out the point where three became two, really.

"You were closer to Perchstar than I was to her," She continued. "I.. cannot begin to imagine what sort of pain you are in. My own is.. It feels number than before, but that is something I will take as a blessing. It.. will be hard for all of us to move forward. But we will."

discord: @moonazine| timezone: gmt| code (c) kieer

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: what is dead may never die (c)   what is dead may never die (c) EmptySat 22 Jun 2024 - 5:53

ROOKFLIGHT

The gentle press of Cindersky’s nose against his shoulder was welcome. She had long since been one of the exceptions to his general displeasure regarding contact. Her touch was one of comfort. Rookflight leaned slightly into it until it was gone. The spot on his shoulder she had touched was left warm in her wake… and so was Rookflight’s chest. Releasing some of their grief through their words had eased some of the pressure off their heart, and knowing they had the presence of a friend nearby helped to soothe the rest. Rookflight did not realize just how much he’d missed Cindersky until her soothing presence was beside him again.

His head tipped slightly to the side to face her again when she began speaking, bobbling in a little nod at the sentiment. That was something he’d learned himself, as he grew older: that things were easier to deal with--or at the least, they were easy to forget--when one’s paws were kept busy. Distractions were welcome, even if they did not fully allay Rookflight’s grief. Their ears swiveled a little when Cindersky’s wandering eyes returned to them. They did not know the details of Cindersky’s… spat with Perchstar, but they knew it occurred. Rookflight nodded again. When they recovered from the gentle pushed that eased them out of the stone’s path, they stepped close to Cindersky’s head and bent close to return the gesture she afforded them earlier: the brief but gentlest touch, their nose to her shoulder.

”Do not downplay your own grief for my sake,” Rookflight said softly. ”It does not matter which of us was closer. We are both grieving--we are all grieving.” Their eyes traveled away again, watching the ground as it disappeared beneath their paws. They were quiet for several moments, letting Cindersky’s own hope settle between them before they proffered their own. ”I think grief is like snow,” he said. ”It is heavy, and chilling. It numbs and silences the world. But when new-leaf comes...”

He raised his head toward the sky and squinted against the pale sun. It’s warmth sank into their dark coat, and Rookflight registered it as one of the first pleasant feelings he’d experienced since Perchstar’s passing. ”It melts. And life reforms in its wake. So… we will do as all animals do in leaf-bare. We will stay close for each other’s warmth and comfort. We will remain until the ice thaws; then there will be a better world waiting for us, when it does.” His eyes returned to Cindersky and he blinked slowly. It was the only way Rookflight knew to express his affection; his warmth; his care. Whether they spent as much time together anymore did not matter. Cindersky was still one of his best friends. He loved her dearly. ”It was you who taught me to think that way.”
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: what is dead may never die (c)   what is dead may never die (c) EmptyMon 24 Jun 2024 - 6:10

Cindersky
I loved you...

Cindersky flicked an ear, a little huff leaving her that had began as what could have been a chuckle, but never really came to fruition. "Like the flowers in leafbare," She replied, referencing the conversation they had had so many moons ago and outlived so many things. It came back in circles. It was hard to take ones own advice.

"Poppystar described it to me as a wound, once, that became a scar. Dull and aching and it never goes away, but it is part of you and you can live with it," She continued, returning the blink without a thought to it. A natural gesture. "Littlesplash is starting to become that. It still hurts. But less. I do not know how long this one will last... But I will persevere. We will." She found it hard to feel it all in full, though. It was like the true grief was yards away, following her like a long-cast sundown shadow. She had wept the night of. Truly wept. And since then she did not remember shedding a tear. Choked up at times, or saw the pelt in the distance when it wasn't really there, but it was dull.

She took a breath, shaky, and then swallowed. It made her uncomfortable to talk about it at length, and she was reaching the part where she needed to veer away. She put the smile back on. "You have been spending time with Willowwisp and Sunpool now, haven't you?" She meowed. "I hope they have been treating you well. They seem like good sort."
...like the Sun.
RiverClan • T3 Deputy • She/Her • #95aeec

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: what is dead may never die (c)   what is dead may never die (c) EmptyTue 9 Jul 2024 - 17:49

ROOKFLIGHT

Rookflight nodded. ”That makes sense, too,” they said softly. Their tail flicked gently over Cindersky’s flank. ”I am glad it is less, now.” The words didn’t feel right, only half of what they could have said, but there was hardly a good way to approach grief. Celebrating the resurfacing seemed like a fair enough place. Then, steadfast as always, they returned her vow with an echoed, ”We will.” Rookflight was not entirely sure yet how they would--everything seemed impossible, now--but they would cling to the hope that they would continue onward in spite of this. That all of them would.

The conversation did not linger there for long. The air was growing miasmatic and thick, and so it was time for the subject to change. Rookflight squinted back at Cindersky’s smile, a warm expression of his own. ”I--” he started, but quickly paused. The mention of his friends’ names… made his ears burn? The sensation was similar to the burn of embarrassment, but… different, somehow. The longer he thought on it, the further it spread, until Rookflight’s entire face was gently burning. He gave his head a slow shake and confirmed, ”I have been.”

Her last words made his belly coil, though not unpleasantly. Rookflight was possessed by a strange urge to declare they were beyond the good sort. He blinked it away and settled for a compromise. ”They are. They are both--very bright, in their own ways. And kind. And-” Rookflight bit at his tongue. Despite deciding otherwise, he was teetering against the temptation to ramble. A pause, and then he quietly finished, ”...yes, they are good cats. I enjoy their company quite a lot.”

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is dead may never die (c)   what is dead may never die (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

what is dead may never die (c)
Page 1 of 1