Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon; [B]lazekit
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; RC T5; RC T5; Rogue T1; WC App
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3152

Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey   Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 5 May 2024 - 10:22

Poppyshine

It seemed often that Poppyshine was bringing cats to the Moonstone. Fortune had not been favorable to medicine cats in the time that Poppyshine had been alive, to leave her to guide many of them up the Highstones. Regardless, she supposed she was grateful that she could get the opportunity to do this for a few of her children, and now, her grandchild.

They carefully stepped up the stone pathway after a long day of journeying towards the Highstones. She checked on Elmpaw again to make sure he was not falling behind. She said, “It will be dark once we get inside, so just stay close to me.” Poppyshine smiled gently at him and then turned her attention back to the mouth of the great cave they approached. She wondered often what StarClan was like. She had never met a StarClan cat for her own Moonstone due to the Dark Forest’s occupation, and so the land of the stars was a mystery to her. She knew she would learn what it was like one day, but for now, it was mysterious and foreign.

Into the darkness they went, carefully stepping down the stone pathway until they arrived into the deepest chamber where the large stone glowed faintly. Poppyshine took her place and gestured for Elmpaw to go toward the Moonstone. “Settle, and when you’re ready, put your nose to the stone. It will allow StarClan to visit your dream and there you shall receive their wisdom to aid you to warriorhood.”
RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
PoppystarT5 RiverClan Leader
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [A]Addercrest, [T]Thistledown
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T5 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [A]ThunderClan T1 Warrior, [T]WindClan T1 Warrior
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2463

PostSubject: Re: Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey   Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 8 May 2024 - 21:36

It had been a long moon cooped up in camp, waiting for his wounds, both emotional and physical to heal. Some days it felt like the only three cats that could keep him grounded were his parents and Featherpaw. Sprucebark had of course scolded him for his behavior, but even then he had been a comfort. Although the real thing that made him snap at times was a secret he kept closely guarded to his chest.

Elmpaw didn't want to think that either his mother or father would ever want to leave him. But he also had no idea how to confirm his thoughts. Scorchlight had been so scared, worried that she might have failed him. Why would he ever want to tell her that he was worried about his biological parents when she had been there the whole time?

Honestly, that was about the sole comfort Elmpaw had in this. He didn't know if his mother would have loved him. His father was also gone. But he could say without a shadow of a doubt that Sprucebark and Scorchlight did love him. Maybe that also made the pain all that bitter, too. Because that love they gave him should have been more than enough. Not only them, but Featherpaw, and even Poppyshine, the very cat guiding him to the moonstone now, had never once made him think anything other than that she, too, loved him.

All of that should have been enough.

But he needed to know. Elmpaw needed the truth. Maybe the moonstone would grant him that.

So Elmpaw followed Poppyshine into the dark tunnel that led into highstones. He could feel his fur brushing the sides of the walls, and just up ahead, Poppyshine's tail tickled his nose. And still he moved confidently forward, his only thought on the answers StarClan could give him. If not on his parents, then at least something to prove he could be a good warrior. Not just the coward Perchstar wanted him to be. Because he wasn't a coward. He wouldn't run away. Never.

Finally, light filled his vision, and he realized Poppyshine had stepped off to the side, leaving him in front of the moonstone on his own. He had heard many stories, but words could never describe the sight in front of him. It looked like the moonstone was bigger than any of the stones they had at Sunningrocks, and even those were fairly large. And none of them glowed like this!

Finally, he found it in himself to step forward, pressing his nose against the stars-blessed rock. It was cold to the touch, sending a tingling along his spine.

Before long, the world seemed to fall from beneath his paws as he drifted off to sleep.

Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey Ea9Ylnv
Addercrest | Lilyvalley | Elmstorm | Thistledown
T1 ThunderClan Warrior | T5 ShadowClan Warrior | T1 RiverClan Warrior | WindClan T1 Warrior

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [V]iperpaw, [P]etalkit, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T5 warrior [L] T3 rogue [N] Shadowclan T3 warrior [V] WindClan Apprentice [P] ThunderClan kit [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2383

PostSubject: Re: Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey   Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 20 May 2024 - 8:15

He hadn’t meant to die so young, but then again who intended to ever die? The snowstorm had come so suddenly, and with no idea what to do or where his patrol was little Ospreypaw had curled up between the interlocking roots of the oak tree. He had fallen, dreaming of playing with Finchpaw in the snow, his mother, Fogheart, not too far off. It was a weird dream, Fogheart grew bolder… And Finchoaw faded away until it was just son and mother, stars dancing in his pelt. Together again. Taken by the same cruel force. But he had his mama back now, all was forgiven. Ospreypaw wished he had been there when Finchpaw had become Finchstream, and when she’d had her kits. His heart had thumped so hard when she even had named one after him, if only he could tell her how much it had meant. He missed living a lot, being able to help his friends, or anyone that needed him. Here, amongst the stars, no one except for the dead called for him. The white chested apprentice couldn’t give them anything, but he longed too. All Ospreypaw wanted was to be something more. So when the stars dragged him away from his mama, he had hoped and prayed that he would be useful again.

It seemed he had finally earned StarClan favour, the tabby jumped in excitement seeing the apprentice sleeping in front of him, letting out an excited yip. Whatever Elmpaw wanted to know Ospreypaw had all the answers stored in his noggin. Or maybe he shouldn’t impart all of the wisdom he’d collected in his moons amongst the stars, he just needed to give Elmpaw a nudge in the right direction, just a paw. His nose scrunched as he pondered we what to do next, was the larger apprentice even really sleeping? Ah, he couldn’t wait any longer! With a gentle paw, he gently prodded Elmpaw, awake or not. “Hi!” he greeted, with a loud purr “I’m Ospreypaw of RiverClan… StarClan now though, I suppose. I’m here to help you out and hopefully give you a friendly push into being the best warrior ever… if you’ll let me.” He wanted to help so bad, but he also wanted to be respectful. What if the poor guy was stressed out? He didn’t want Elmpaw to think he did a bad job otherwise he’d end up useless again.

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier five warrior | 70/200 | #99cc99
louse | rogue | tier three rogue | 55/140 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier three warrior | 50/130 | #996666
viperpaw| windclan | apprentice | 20/40 | #b3b300
petalkit | thunderclan | kit | 15/30 | #e6b0aa
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart

Last edited by Midnee on Wed 22 May 2024 - 1:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [A]Addercrest, [T]Thistledown
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T5 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [A]ThunderClan T1 Warrior, [T]WindClan T1 Warrior
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2463

PostSubject: Re: Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey   Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 20 May 2024 - 9:26

ELMPAW
They say before you start a war
A paw prodded him, and Elmpaw opened his eyes, finding himself in a territory not too different than his own. It seemed a lot more vibrant and full of life. Ironic, given where he was.

There was a cat that was far too young for what he would expect a StarClan cat to be. He knew that cats did die young, but to see a cat that clearly suffered that fate...

The StarClan cat, Ospreypaw, still seemed so happy. So lively. How could a cat be dead and be so alive at the same time? "I'm Elmpaw, also RiverClan." Wait did Ospreypaw already know that?

There was so much he wanted to know, but there was one pressing question he had. "I want to be the best warrior I can. I want to fight for my Clan. But then they say I should run away with my tail tucked between my legs. But I don't want to be a coward! I would lay down my life for the Clan, if they would just let me!"
You better know what you’re fighting for
RiverClan • Apprentice • He/Him • #1c1c70
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey Ea9Ylnv
Addercrest | Lilyvalley | Elmstorm | Thistledown
T1 ThunderClan Warrior | T5 ShadowClan Warrior | T1 RiverClan Warrior | WindClan T1 Warrior

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [V]iperpaw, [P]etalkit, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T5 warrior [L] T3 rogue [N] Shadowclan T3 warrior [V] WindClan Apprentice [P] ThunderClan kit [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2383

PostSubject: Re: Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey   Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 22 May 2024 - 1:36

“It is nice to meet you, Elmpaw.” purred Ospreypaw, taking a step back. The bigger apprentice hardly seemed bothered by his sudden awakening, to which he was grateful for. Elmpaw had all the aspirations typical of an apprentice, which the tabby understood. He’d shared similar views, though his were more orientated towards making his mama proud. It hurt he’d never been able to become the warrior she had hoped he would become, but he knew that in life he hadn’t faltered. He had never laid paws on another cat, had never said an unkind thing and had only helped his clan. Reminding himself of these things gave him comfort when he thought of his shortcomings. Elmpaw’s problems were something he could definitely help with.

“Sorry if this is blunt, but do you want to die, Elmpaw?” he asked, blinking ”You sound very fearless, which is a compliment! But, from what you’ve told me it seems like it could also be your downfall. Being the hero won’t make you a good warrior, sometimes staying alive is the bravest thing you can do.” his gaze travelled to the sand beneath their paws and he began to shuffle it back and forth. ”I wouldn’t say I was as brash as you in life, but I certainly felt hopeless. You see, my mama died when I was still a kit, I missed her so much. I wanted to make her proud, but I also just wanted to be with her again. I was in such a slump, until I realised that my friends needed me, and so did my clan. Your friends need you to, Elmpaw. You are much more valuable alive, so don’t go wasting that gift running off to fight some fox or owl to prove yourself.” Ospreypaw lifted his head, fixing Elmpaw with a gentle, but firm stare. “I mean it!”

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier five warrior | 70/200 | #99cc99
louse | rogue | tier three rogue | 55/140 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier three warrior | 50/130 | #996666
viperpaw| windclan | apprentice | 20/40 | #b3b300
petalkit | thunderclan | kit | 15/30 | #e6b0aa
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey   Elmpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty