Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

we've come a long way from where we began [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3115

we've come a long way from where we began [c] Empty
PostSubject: we've come a long way from where we began [c]   we've come a long way from where we began [c] EmptyFri 3 May 2024 - 15:48

Larkspring

Larkspring thought that he would be happy with Littlesplash up and dying in his sleep—at least now he didn’t have to worry about such an annoying cat constantly being on his tail and that’s one less cat for Cindersky to be busy with. But…he felt no joy. Kind of the opposite. Not really because of Littlesplash’s loss, Larkspring felt indifferent to that, but rather, because Cindersky was devastated. She had spend the past moon and a half wound up and drifting at the same time due to her worry about Littlesplash following the battle with SkyClan, and now he was gone due to nothing that anyone could have prevented. Larkspring didn’t know how Cindersky felt. He imagined it was similar to how Rookflight was when their father was taken from them.

Larkspring pulled Cindersky out of her den and made her walk with him out into the territory. He stayed pressed right up against her, their flanks warm against one another as they took one step after another. He was not entirely sure where he was guiding her until they actually arrived: the gravesite for RiverClan. Small pebbles were placed in little piles along the sand, indicating where different cats were buried. Different piles had additional trinkets, and there at the end, the freshest pile, lay a smooth speckled rock and seashell for Littlesplash.

He looked at Cindersky and slowly lowered onto his haunches. He murmured, “You’ve been in your den all week. I noticed you had not yet come to visit…I thought it would be good for you if you did.”
RiverClan • T4 Warrior • He/Him • 60 | 140 • #787878
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
PoppystarT5 RiverClan Leader
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw [D]aytrader, [R]yepaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Deputy | ShadowClan, Apprentice| T1 Loner | WindClan Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 484

PostSubject: Re: we've come a long way from where we began [c]   we've come a long way from where we began [c] EmptyTue 7 May 2024 - 19:02

Cindersky
T3 Warrior | RiverClan| she/her
"i loved you like the sun."

Cindersky was tired. She had been tired the day before, and the day before that. And it was a different kind of tired that she could not shake, nor had any desire to. Not that she wanted it. She did not want anything right now. Except for her little life back, maybe. It was a lot to think about, and she did not have the energy for it. She did not have much energy to cry anymore, either. Just enough to eat what was brought to her, or drink from what she was handed.

Perhaps if Larkspring had not kept her close, kept her moving with each ripple of his pelt as he walked, she might have simply collapsed instead of walked. It would have been easier. Flop onto the soil and let it become her. But she did not have the energy to do even that, nor did she have the energy to process what was in front of her.

Her maw moved as if she would speak, but all that came from it was a feeble whimper that was neither speech nor sadness. A mere sound, really, to acknowledge that he was speaking to her and she heard him. The mound was small. Not the smallest among them, but so small. When Larkspring lowered, she did. Much more lacking in grace than him, no energy or will to keep her afloat while she crouched down. A drop, it was more like.

"He is in there," She said slowly, as if the concept was foreign to her. She had only seen one other mound like this, not even half the size of this and she had been much too young to understand the weight of it. She understood now, and wished she didn't. But that wish needed energy she did not have. That energy was ripped from her when she found him. "Asleep."

discord: @moonazine| timezone: gmt| code (c) kieer

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw |  Ryepaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: we've come a long way from where we began [c]   we've come a long way from where we began [c] EmptyWed 8 May 2024 - 16:04

Larkspring

Cindersky’s voice was so quiet and fragile, like a weak dying leaf in leaffall. It made Larkspring’s chest ache. He had not felt so helpless like this since Rookflight’s illness in kithood, another bout of depression that Larkspring was unable to fix. He wished he could just fix things—but he knew he couldn’t.

He looked at Cindersky as she spoke slowly. He looked back at the mound of dirt, the seashells, and he shook his head. “No,” he replied. “His body is in there, dead. He is in StarClan.” He lifted his head to look up at the sky. It was too bright to see the stars right now, but he knew they were there, behind the sheet of sunlight. “And in StarClan he isn’t sick anymore. He’s watching you, I bet. Watching all of us, maybe.” He closed his eyes and remembered his only encounter with StarClan. Gingerstripe had talked a lot of sense into him and forced him to see a new angle. Were it not for his harsh words, he never would have befriended Cindersky because he would not have given her a chance to be friendly. Littlesplash would probably be there to give cats advice in the future, and perhaps he could fixi another idiot cat in the future.

Larkspring opened his eyes again but didn’t quite turn to look at Cindersky. “Just because that’s the case, because he’s in StarClan, doesn’t mean you can’t mourn. That may very well help. Crying or screaming or cursing the stars for what they’ve done—anything to feel something different from numb emptiness.” Larkspring has never felt empty. He’s not entirely sure what it would feel like. But he has seen Rookflight and now Cindersky empty, and it’s painful. He wants to take that emptiness away, if only there was a way.
RiverClan • T4 Warrior • He/Him • 60 | 140 • #787878
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Deputy | ShadowClan, Apprentice| T1 Loner | WindClan Apprentice
Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: we've come a long way from where we began [c]   we've come a long way from where we began [c] EmptyWed 15 May 2024 - 7:36

Cindersky
T3 Warrior | RiverClan| she/her

Cindersky blinked slowly, and then lifted a paw to wipe away the wet from them so that she could see properly, but it was replaced as quickly as she had rid of it. Larksprings words were harsh. But they were true. And briefly, she wondered what the two of them looked like from up there. But lingering on the thought made her chest twist.

"If StarClan had a leader," She began, swallowing to steady her voice but it was a fruitless effort. "I think I would rip their throat out now. "They took his parents from him, and then sent disease. Put so much responsibility on shoulders still so... small. And then wolves, and then home. And then war. Everything was starting to go back to normal.. I thought maybe I could give him the kithood he never got to have, but the second I got a chance..."

Her sigh came out forced, ragged. Like a wound up anger and despair all in one on a coil straining to snap. "It is not fair," She mumbled. "And I find it hard to believe that StarClan is as benevolent as people say they are."

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: we've come a long way from where we began [c]   we've come a long way from where we began [c] EmptyTue 21 May 2024 - 21:28

LARKSPRING
I know I'm more fool than wise...

“I don’t believe that StarClan has much control over things,” Larkspring said. “If they did…well…I can’t imagine why any cat would give a fox’s tail about them.” He shook his head. “But for them to control when every cat died, to send out a diease, to control beasts and the weather—no, they can’t do all that. They did still choose him too young, but it seemed that their last several choices had been poor.” Sandyshell he had not known for very long, but she had been a nervous wreck right up until she got sick and died. Wrenpaw amounted to nothing under their heed. And now, of course, Littlesplash…

“StarClan is full of nothing more than dead cats. They’re no more wise than any of us,” Larkspring added. “What little control they do have, they use it poorly. We’ve all seen that. So it’s no use to rely on the stars, or to curse them. They are nothing more than old ghosts.” His tail thwacked irritably against the ground. His thought momentarily turned to thinking about his father, how he disappeared, and the woes that followed Rookflight around afterwards…Larkspring had not understood the weight of it at the time. Even now, it felt more foolish than anything else. What use was there in relying on the ghosts of those who left? “You have me, and everyone else still alive in the clan. We cannot change if someone dies, but we can be there while you mourn.”

I can be there while you mourn.
...he said to me.
RiverClan • T5 Warrior • He/Him • #787878
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: we've come a long way from where we began [c]   we've come a long way from where we began [c] EmptyFri 31 May 2024 - 14:05

Cindersky
T3 Warrior| RiverClan| she/her

Larksprings words on StarClan were little short of blasphemy. Not that she was devout in the slightest-- She had just expressed a want to kill their leader, should they have one. Blaspheming as they were, there was merit to them. It did little to comfort her, but it was like a breath of fresh air all the same. Grief easily twisted into anger, she learned that the hard way. She inhaled slowly.

"I know," She said to him, turning her head to look up at him. He would be, and will be. He always had been. She leaned to the side, pressing her face into the fluff of his shoulder. If she closed her eyes, the world was less loud. All the same, he had told her before that ignoring the problem never helped. This problem she just... Had to live through.

"I never... Got to thank him properly for my injury," She hummed. "Briefly. But never properly. He was worried that I was dissapointed in him for a while that he could not save it. I know I can't thank him anymore, but... Larkspring?" She had suggested forever once. He agreed. "Thank you. For being here. For being you."

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: we've come a long way from where we began [c]   we've come a long way from where we began [c] EmptyWed 19 Jun 2024 - 13:27

LARKSPRING
I know I'm more fool than wise...

Larkspring’s heart warmed as Cindersky quietly thanked him. Thank yous were hard to come by for Larkspring. He tended to mess something up before someone could think to thank him, or they did not want to thank him in the first place. It felt nice coming from Cindersky, and perhaps that was why, despite not caring about Littlesplash or whatever he would have thought in life, Larkspring still said to Cindersky, “I think he knew. Even if you never properly thanked him—I think he knew you were grateful. You two were close enough for that.”
...he said to me.
RiverClan • T5 Warrior • He/Him • #787878
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: we've come a long way from where we began [c]   we've come a long way from where we began [c] EmptySun 23 Jun 2024 - 7:16

Cindersky
I loved you...

Cindersky did not move from her nestled spot at his shoulder. It was easier to leave her eyes closed, feel the Sun on her pelt, while the only thing her senses were full of was him. It made it easier.

"I hope so," She murmured. "It was funny, how we met. A little startling at the same time. I saw a lot of me in him. It was when we were still sick, Rookflight and I. I could not sleep; and before you say anything, I know I should not have snuck out, but I did. Littlesplash, Littlekit then, could not either. He was friendly, skittish. Naive at times and almost afraid of the wider world. I told him to imagine stories in his mind to help him sleep. It... did not take long for me to think of him as a son. At least, I think that was how it felt. I do still wish I could have gotten the two of you to know each other better."
...like the Sun.
RiverClan • T3 Deputy • She/Her • #95aeec

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: we've come a long way from where we began [c]   we've come a long way from where we began [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

we've come a long way from where we began [c]
Page 1 of 1