Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Tensions snaps (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Two

Two

Characters : Scorchlight | ✝️ Hazelpaw | ✝️ Brightsplit | ✝️ Cedarpaw | Ivypaw | Mistypaw
Clan/Rank : Riverclan T4 warrior | Shadowclan Kit
Aries Rat
Number of posts : 571

Tensions snaps (c) Empty
PostSubject: Tensions snaps (c)   Tensions snaps (c) EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024 - 7:16

Scorchlight watched a leaf on the ground as she sat at the center of RiverClan camp. It laid on the ground, and as the wind pushed it, it flew to the side. She watched it until it flopped into the water of the river that stood next to camp, floating away. She quivered, her ears getting up, looking at the ground, frowning. It wasn’t fair. Littlesplash died, but life moved on, huh? She looked into the apprentice den, then thought of Elmpaw. Had Sprucebark heard of the news and how Elmpaw got a punishment for his actions? She thought he didn’t deserve it, but what could she say against her leader? It was in the warrior code that the leader's word is more than what a warrior can say because the leader's word is law. She blinked twice, lost in thought, captivated by the moment as the sun shone across her, light dancing around her eyes. She padded towards the warriors' den, pushing a piece of stray lichen away. She prodded Sprucebark, trying to get him up. "Wake up! Silly!" she said in a singsong tone, trying to lighten the mood for her mate.

Scorchlight | Riverclan Tier 4 Warrior

Burntkit | kit

Local prankster :D
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 3093

Tensions snaps (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tensions snaps (c)   Tensions snaps (c) EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024 - 7:23

Sprucebark was passed out cold- he was so sleepy from all the recent events. Losing the medicine cat was hard on everyone and he had been retreating to his nest much more frequently now over that.

His deep slumber was disrupted by the familiar scent of his mate entering the den and a poking paw at him to rouse him from his sleepy state.

He rolled over a little and stretched out in his nest paws kneeding the soft moss around him. With a big yawn he slowly sat up and glanced at his mate. Schorchlight - the light of his life she made everything better.

"Hi hi" he meowed nuzzling her gently as he got up.

He had not talked with her at all about their son's actions lately and how Elmpaw had always seemed to find trouble -
"should we, go for a bit of a walk?" he suggested knowing that they had a fair amount to discuss but did not want to have all that talk where they would be overheard in the warrior den.

He brushed his tail along her side reassuringly - yes, Elmpaw would have to be dealt with but he wanted to comfort his mate the best he could at least. With everything that had happened lately - the war, losing their med cat and their son getting into all sorts of things thats what they had to do right?

Two

Characters : Scorchlight | ✝️ Hazelpaw | ✝️ Brightsplit | ✝️ Cedarpaw | Ivypaw | Mistypaw
Aries Rat

Tensions snaps (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tensions snaps (c)   Tensions snaps (c) EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024 - 8:12

"Sure, we can walk! Follow me, I know a good route," she winked at Sprucebark and tried not to be too loud. She just couldn’t help it. How did she even switch from thoughtful to bouncy and joyful? She guided Sprucebark to the edge of the camp where the entrance was and started to lead him to a familiar place she usually walked in. Lily pads were in full bloom, scattered everywhere across the river. It was beautiful. She looked at Sprucebark, "So, about Elmpaw’s attitude and the incident he got into…" she meowed to Sprucebark, seriously for once. "I think he doesn’t deserve any of it. But what am I to go against my leader?" She sighed, trying to let some steam out. Maybe Sprucebark would understand, but maybe telling him wasn’t the greatest idea. Telling your rule-oriented mate that you didn’t agree one bit with your leader and that you’re frustrated with their decision might not go down well. But he deserved a say in this, so she let him speak.
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Tensions snaps (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tensions snaps (c)   Tensions snaps (c) EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024 - 8:26

Sprucebark purred happily following her out on the walk - he looked out at the lily pads in season liking them alots.

Her free spirited and joyful demeaner had calmed him down a lot overall. The once very strict tom had gotten somewhat softer since he had been with his mate for awhile now. She truely, helped balance him well.

However, at her words his ears flicked back and forth and his tail flicked as well in sharp contrast.

"he broke the rules. He should have known better!" he meowed a bit bluntly at first - old habits sometimes die hard.

He shifted a little on his paws - he glanced at her blinking, what was he doing!? His mate was bringing her concerns to him and he had started out not so great. He took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way" he sheepisly meowed afterwards and steped closer to her to be by her side.

"hmm - erm... maybe we can talk with Perchstar and see what we can resolve perhaps?" he tried again. Listening to a perspective that was not rule-oriented was difficult to him but she meant the world to him and so he would try his best.

"In fact... I think she is free- would you want to come with me and maybe we can settle a better work?" he asked.

Two

Aries Rat

Tensions snaps (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tensions snaps (c)   Tensions snaps (c) EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024 - 8:38

"I mean, look, the gathering’s tomorrow. There’s  no use in asking now... I just got angry. He should’ve been able to go to the last gathering!" Scorchlight hissed, clawing the ground, halting herself before she could hit Sprucebark. Were they fighting?! "I-it’s useless, Sprucebark... let’s just wait it out," she meowed, trying to cool herself down. She stopped herself from attacking her own... mate. "I-I was about to hit you, Spruce... I..." She buried her face into his fur, picturing the hurt Elmpaw running back to camp... Silence... only the mere sounds of nature as the river continued gushing forward and the birds chirping in the trees. "It’s just..." she said with sadness. "I can’t stay happy anymore, Sprucebark..." she paused. "The war... and then... Elmpaw... getting hurt and... Littlesplash died... and so did Sandyshell!" Her paws were sprawled everywhere; she looked like a hopeless kit.

Burntkit | kit

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Tensions snaps (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tensions snaps (c)   Tensions snaps (c) EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024 - 8:59

The overwhelming amount of shock and surprise at the instant switch of emotions from his mate had him standing there like a statue. His paws were planted to the ground like they were stuck in cement. He watched jaw dropping as he watched her happy and joyful spirit turn to angry at a moment.

The logical tom had ZERO idea how to handle all that. He blinked over and over his bind spinning and spinning but kept drawing a blank on how to handle all this emotional response from Scorchlight.

When she buried her face into his fur he felt his chest get all tight with worry and concern - for so long she had helped him and been there for him during his hardest times - but in terms of emotional support who had been there for her?

He felt a stinging at his eyes as rare tears built up despite his efforts to blink them away. "oh..." was all he managed to whisper at first - the long silence of the just the river and birds followed - he slowly put a paw around her back tugging her into a little hug.

He had not been there for his own mate and the initial confusion turned into a strange feeling of guilt and shame - she had been there for him in everything - how had he missed that she was feeling this hurt.

Still at the same time the mostly logical tom was not always the best at emotional type of things tried as he did-

"oh my mate- I'm so sorry" he whispered nuzzling back at her.

His pelt went all hot as he got nervous - he was feeling so vulnerable and unused to dealing with such things. Usually- he only showed emotions to his mum (poppyshine). It was all new having a mate that they were supposed to support each other like this.

Deep pain hit him as she mentioned his sisters death as well as the war and little now also dying too.

Did she really feel so bad that she almost attacked him? This was all so new to him but he was going to try his bestest at this -
"Let's talk about it" he meowed after the long silence had ended

"tell me everything you feel- I dont wanna fail you again

Two

Aries Rat

Tensions snaps (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tensions snaps (c)   Tensions snaps (c) EmptyFri 17 May 2024 - 17:14

She looked at Sprucebark.  "A-after I told you I feel better… about everything…" She mustered up a smile and reached in to nuzzle him as well.  "I love you, Sprucebark… to the stars and back."  She smiled.  "I believe we can raise Elmpaw together as a happy family." She felt so much happier now… like the weight she carried got pushed off.  "Why don't we get back to camp… and just take a day off duties… maybe the other warriors will manage? I just feel really tired and need a rest."  She nudged Sprucebark back the way they came and grinned ear to ear.

Burntkit | kit

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tensions snaps (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tensions snaps (c)   Tensions snaps (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

Tensions snaps (c)
Page 1 of 1