Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Myrtlebloom - Skyclan //// Sycamorepaw - Windclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Skyclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Windclan - Apprentice
Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 307

It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN Empty
PostSubject: It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN   It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024 - 16:09

Larkshine
Tier 3 Warrior | Shadowclan | She/Her

Larkshine slowly and unsteadily made her way back to camp and towards the medicine den. As she poked her head through the entrance, the smell of herbs greeted her. This was the first time since she was sick as an apprentice, that she had been to the medicine den. “Heatherberry?” She quietly mewed before pressing forward into the den.

She could hear the medicine cat shuffling about and began speaking. “We were out on a somewhat of a border patrol, when we ran across a porcupine, and I got smacked with its tail… in the face. Now I have some quills in my face and eye.” She huffed simply. The shock and adrenaline had worn off and the young molly just wanted to sleep, which she couldn’t do with quills sticking out of her eye.

The moon barely lit up the den which made it even more tricky for the young molly to see. She sniffed around until she made her way to a nest and then she sat down. She still wanted to paw at the quills in her face and eye but resisted the urge. Larkshine wasn’t sure if the other cats that were with her would join her in the medicine den. They only seemed to get quills in places that would be easy for them to remove, but she wasn’t completely sure.

Discord: ChaoticCrow | Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) | Code (c) Kieer

Myrtlebloom of Skyclan Art:

Sycamorepaw of Windclan Art:
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [R]Grub | [R] Grun Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T5 Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4495

PostSubject: Re: It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN   It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN EmptyThu 2 May 2024 - 19:02

Her name being called shouldn't have been such a surprise, but the medicine cat had been spooked anyway, her fur standing on end. In her haste to turn and greet whoever had just come in, her bushy tail immediately unsorted all of her freshly stacked herbs all over the ground. She held her tongue, but she truly wanted to curse herself for not being more vigilant. Sure this was her den, but that didn't mean she should allow her thoughts to wander so far into another world.

Heatherberry finished her turn, now taking in the bi-color pelt of a warrior faintly lit by the moon: Larkshine. The molly's body language felt slow and tired, and her steps uneasy as her nose lead her to the nearest nest to sit in. "A porcupine? Those nasty beasts... Let me take a closer look." She mewed, her trained eye spotting the herbs she would be needing scattered about on the ground: Celandine, sticks, cobwebs, stinking nettle, and tansy.

Approaching, her brows furrowed in empathy. Larkshine was correct. Thick quills were stuck around her face and within her eye, though she couldn't tell whether or not any true damage had been done to the poor molly's eyesight just yet. She was quick with her work, passing sticks to Larkshine to begin. "These are some rather sensitive spots, so I encourage you to bite down on these sticks; and hard. For your eye, I'll be putting the juice of celandine leaves into it to help sooth what damage has been done, and the juice from the stems of stinging nettle to help sooth the area around your face. The removal will be quick, don't worry." She gave a reassuring smile to the exhausted warrior before locking into to her work.

Carefully, she pried the quills from around the bi-color fur along the younger she-cats face. These ones were ripped out rather quickly, leaving tiny beads of blood to form in their absence that she blotted with cobwebs.

For the eye... Well, this one would need to be slow and precise. Heatherberry leaned in to be eye to eye with Larkshine, trying to find the best angle to remove it. "This may be where you bite that stick. Do not move." Gently, her teeth grasped the needle within Larkshine's golden eye, and slowly but surely it was freed. "Here comes the celandine." It felt only fair to warn her patient that she'd be squeezing something into their eye, her jaws closing down around the green leaves to produce a slow trickle. "Just so you don't accidentally rub it, I'm going to place cobwebs over your eye." Her paw placed a few layers of fine cobwebs over the warriors eye, securing it into place before blotting the eye around her face where the quills once were with the goo from the stinging nettles stems. "How are we fairing, Larkshine? You still with me?"

She stepped back to give Larkshine some space, no doubt the warrior was tired of Heatherberry's medicinal hovering, poking, and prodding. "You already look ready for a nap, so I'll give you Tansy as a painkiller instead of Poppyseed. Chew and swallow every bit of it for me, please."

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN JGgdMsS It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN JGg3TFt  It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN JGg3GK7 It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN JGg2WjR

It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN JcTsSP1  It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN JcnAVnI It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN Grub_f10It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Myrtlebloom - Skyclan //// Sycamorepaw - Windclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Skyclan - Tier 2 Warrior //// Windclan - Apprentice
Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN   It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN EmptySat 4 May 2024 - 17:44

Larkshine
Tier 3 Warrior | Shadowclan | She/Her

The rustling in the den reassured Larkshine that she wasn’t alone in the den. “Yeah, I’ve encountered one before, but was lucky enough to not get any quills that time… not so luck this time.” She mewed simply as she took a stick in her mouth. She clutched her teeth to the stick rather tightly since she was already in pain and gave Heatherberry a slight nod to start pulling.

Her teeth made a slight dent in the wood as the medicine cat started plucking quills out of the young warrior’s face. The pain wasn’t too much but it still hurt. She could feel her face heat with inflammation once the quills were removed, but it wasn’t over yet. A tear streamed down her face as Heatherberry pulled at the quill. A crackling could be heard from the stick she was now fully clenching her teeth down on; her lips curled up to reveal her sharp pearly white teeth. It took everything she had not to pull away and swat at the dark medicine cat.

If felt like forever to Larkshine, but within a moment the skilled medicine cat had the quill removed and was squirting some kind of liquid into the injured eye. It stung. The young warrior pulled back and shook her head, releasing the stick she had clamped down on. She lifted her head back up so Heatherberry could put cobwebs around her eye. “I wont say I feel better, because I don’t, but at least the scratching feeling is out of my eye.” Her tone was harsh, so harsh it even shocked Larkshine. She had never snapped at a cat before and instantly felt terrible. “Sorry Heatherberry… I didn’t mean to snap. I’m just tired. Thank you for helping me” Her voice was a lot softer, and she quickly gulped down the tansy that sat in front of her.

Larkshine collapsed into her bed and curled up tightly into a ball to try and sleep with hopes that the pain would go way long enough for her to get some good rest.

Discord: ChaoticCrow | Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) | Code (c) Kieer

Myrtlebloom of Skyclan Art:

Sycamorepaw of Windclan Art:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN   It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN Empty

Back to top Go down

It Is Said That A Cat Has Nine Lives - Larkshine Healing Topic, OPEN
Page 1 of 1