Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

You Are My Sunshine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

You Are My Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: You Are My Sunshine   You Are My Sunshine EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 3:57 pm

Ripplesong
Queen | RiverClan | she/her

Ripplesong eagerly pushed through the hustle and bustle of camp, weaving her way between clanmates as smoothly as the river flows around rocks. Her shiny pelt glistened in the newleaf sunlight and glinted off the twin teal pools of the young queen's eyes. In her mouth she delicately carried her freshkill - a fat minnow that had been swimming too close to camp. It had practically swam right into her claws!

But this one wasn't for the freshkill pile. Her eyes glinted towards the dark opening of the mouth of the nursery - a place she had been spending a lot more time recently. Her pace was hurried; her tail twitched with excitement. The mollie pushed her way into the narrow mouth of the den and her senses were met with the mewling of kits and the warm scent of milk.

Her gaze fixed on one particular kit, curled up alone in her nest. A deep purr rumbled from Ripplesong's chest as she gently approached the sleeping kit and dropped her freshkill beside the nest. Her tiny gray tabby flank rose and fell rhythmically, healthily, safely.

"My daughter," she murmured, nearly inaudibly, "No harm shall ever come to you as long as I am here." Then the queen lowered her head and warmly nuzzled the little scrap of gray fur. She didn't understand how the kit could sleep so soundly in a den full of so many other mewling kits and complaining queens; she shot a swift glance in the direction of Weepingwillow, RiverClan's most famously irritable queen.

Gravelkit had come into RiverClan suddenly. Ripplesong remembered it vividly, the day the patrol brought home the sopping wet kit, a rainy, windy day. At first, many of her clanmates were apprehensive of bringing in an apparently abandoned rogue kit. Some worried that the kit would fall ill after exposure to the bad weather, but Gravelkit had pulled through with no problems. A couple of the queens tried to take care of her, but Gravelkit seemed to have a hard time fitting in. Ripplesong had watched from afar as the queens traded her back and forth, despair growing in her stomach like a pit. Finally, Ripplesong had spoken up and decided to take Gravelkit under her own care. Every day since then felt like the warmest, sunniest greenleaf day. It hadn't been many days, but Ripplesong couldn't imagine herself feeling happier. So what if she isn't clan-born.

"Gravelkit," she mewed softly, "It's time to wake up. Look what your mother brought you," she purred.

discord: uwubers | timezone: EST | code (c) kieer

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Panda_Bear0662

Panda_Bear0662

Characters : Gravelkit; RiverClan |
Leo Rooster
Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: You Are My Sunshine   You Are My Sunshine EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 6:17 pm

⸻ Gravelkit ⸻
⸻ RiverClan Kit | 1 Month | she/her ⸻
Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, nobody gonna slow me down! Oh no, I got to keep on moving! Ain't nothin' gonna break-a my stride, I'm runnin' and I won't touch ground, oh no, I got to keep on moving.

The bundle of fluff slept peacefully in her nest, having burrowed under the bedding for extra warmth. Gravelkit hadn't moved from her nest all day, too comfortable to get up and play with the others or go off and make friends. She didn't like how roughly the bigger kits played, so she stayed away from them. The child stirred only for a moment, letting out a big yawn and stretching her paws out before her. Then she fell asleep again, only to be woken up moments later by the sound of her mother's gentle voice. Her mother. Momma was here!

But she didn't want to open her eyes yet; just a few more moments of sleep, please. "Mmph, sleepy." A nose twitch. The smell of freshkill wafted through the air, tempting her awake. Slowly, she opened her eyes to see her mother's loving gaze and a big, fat minnow laid out in front of her. She couldn't resist the delicious scent any longer and eagerly dug in, nearly tumbling over her paws in the process.

"Thank you, momma!" The kitten chirped through mouthfuls of her meal; eventually, the child slowed down to eat at a normal pace, savoring every bite of the tasty fish. "Where does the foods come from?" Gravelkit tilted her head, curiosity filling her tone as she looked up at her mother. She pushed the remaining bites toward her mother, her wide green eyes shimmering with anticipation. "Full." She says, Gravelkit wasn't one to speak much, partially because she has trouble with it, but as all young kittens do, she will learn eventually. She pushes the leftovers further, smiling brightly at Ripplesong, trying to share her food.

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

PostSubject: Re: You Are My Sunshine   You Are My Sunshine EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 6:37 pm

Ripplesong
Queen | RiverClan | she/her

Ripplesong's purr grew louder as Gravelkit slowly woke up. She was enticed by the scent of her freshkill gift and immediately and enthusiastically dug in, exactly as the young queen had hoped.

"You're welcome, my sweet Gravelkit," she mewed, settling down and folding her paws beneath her to rasp her tongue comfortingly over the kit's pelt. "It comes from the river," she replied. "RiverClan gets most of our prey from the river. Doesn't it taste nice and juicy and fresh?" She finished her cleaning and sat back. "I caught that one special for you." Her purr rumbled as Gravelkit pushed the remainder of the minnow towards her.

"That is so thoughtful of you," she praised, with another lick placed gingerly on Gravelkit's forehead. She reached down and swallowed up the remainder of the minnow in a single bite, running her tongue over her lips afterwards.
"Yummy," she purred. "Remember to always be thankful to StarClan for our food," she reminded her.

"If you want more, just tell me. I'll always go out and fish for you whenever you want." The spotted brown queen rolled over onto her back, reaching out and pulling Gravelkit to her, nuzzling into her daughter's soft kitten fur. "One day soon I will show you how to fish. We can even start before you're an apprentice, if you feel ready," she mewed. "The river runs right alongside the camp, through the reeds, making it very easy to fish from camp. The water there is shallow, so it's safe." Her teal eyes sparkled, an idea forming.

"How about we go look at it now?" she asked, rolling back onto her tummy, eye-level with Gravelkit. "Would you like to see what it looks like outside?" Ripplesong asked. "It's really pretty out there. The sky is blue, and the river sparkles. You'll love it, I promise." The queen smiled warmly, encouragingly, at her daughter. She knew that Gravelkit was a little hesitant to interact with the older kits and leave the nursery. She was still so young, so Ripplesong couldn't blame her. A part of her savored the fact that this kit - her kit - was shy and careful. It meant that she wouldn't have to worry about her running off and getting into a bunch of trouble like the other kits, or so she hoped. She would be able to more easily protect Gravelkit if they stayed close with each other.

discord: uwubers | timezone: EST | code (c) kieer

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Panda_Bear0662

Panda_Bear0662

Characters : Gravelkit; RiverClan |
Leo Rooster
Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: You Are My Sunshine   You Are My Sunshine EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 8:04 am

⸻ Gravelkit ⸻
⸻ RiverClan Kit | 1 Month | she/her ⸻
Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, nobody gonna slow me down! Oh no, I got to keep on moving! Ain't nothin' gonna break-a my stride, I'm runnin' and I won't touch ground, oh no, I got to keep on moving!!

"Very good! Yum!" Gravelkit grinned, leaning into Ripplesong's touch as she licked her muzzle clean. "It comes from the river," she heard her mother say. "River? Water?" Gravelkit asked, green eyes shimmering with amazement. The child tilted her head at the mention of StarClan. What is StarClan? Do they have water too? Do they have lots of foods? So many questions ran through her head, but Gravelkit didn't know how to ask them. "StarClan, thank you for my foods!" Gravelkit purred loudly as her momma praised her for sharing her food. "The river is… outside? I will love outside?" A hint of hesitance plagued the child's voice. Gravelkit wasn't necessarily afraid of leaving the nursery, but it had been a while since she'd been outside.

RiverClan was still so new to her, and Ripplesong was the first to care for her needs and wants. None of the queens were overtly concerned about Gravelkit's adjustment to the clan, to her new environment, to everything. They weren't mean to her either, but it was clear she wasn't wanted by them. As young as she was, Gravelkit could tell that she was unwanted. She shouldn't have been able to, but what little memory she had left of her real mother, she remembered with the same look in her eyes as the other queens gave her. They're only nice because they have to be. Ripplesong was different; Ripplesong cared for some reason. The outside world is new to little Gravelkit, but she found solace in Ripplesong's kindness.

"We will go outside, then." Gravelkit finally decides, her chest puffing out as she stands a little taller, determined to explore the world beyond the nursery. "Catch some fishes now?" The child asks as she and her mother step outside the nursery. Gravelkit hesitates for a moment, the bright light of the outside world causing her to squint. She blinked, and in a moment, she'd adjusted to the sudden change in brightness. Gravelkit finds herself hiding underneath her mother; both curiosity and hesitance overwhelm her, with curiosity begging, pleading, and screaming for her to go out and explore. There was so much to do out here, yet hesitance still lingered in the back of her mind, making her unsure of what to do next.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Are My Sunshine   You Are My Sunshine Empty

Back to top Go down

You Are My Sunshine
Page 1 of 1