Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

a small boy and his infantry [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

a small boy and his infantry [C] Empty
PostSubject: a small boy and his infantry [C]   a small boy and his infantry [C] EmptyFri 29 Mar 2024 - 11:47

"The weak never have their wings unfurl."
Silverhawk
T3 Warrior | ShadowClan | he/him

Silverhawk needed to spend more time with his siblings. With his attention now routinely diverted three ways, rather than just being split between his family and Hawkmist, he felt like he was slacking on looking after them. Especially after Hedgepaw's recent encounter with an owl burning in the back of his mind. He hated that he couldn't have been there to protect her during the fight and hated that he'd been out of camp when the patrol returned. If he lost one of them... Silverhawk shook out his fur. Nothing would happen to his family. He wouldn't allow it. ...but he wouldn't allow them to go forgotten just in case they were gone the next day.

Picking a frog off the fresh-kill pile, Silverhawk padded over to where he'd seen Fernpaw sitting and dipped his head in a nod. "Hey, Fern," he said after setting the frog down between them. "Got a minute? Looks like you do. I just want to check up on ya." The corners of his eyes crinkled in imitation of a smile. Settling onto his haunches, Silverhawk went on, "I'm sure training's going well, yeah? Pineblossom's the best mentor you can get. ...And how are you holding up, after everything with the owl? I'm sure it was-" his nose wrinkled before he finished, "I'm sure it was scary, huh?"
profile | playlist | discord: downfive | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetpaw, Maggot, Mushroomkit, Herringkit
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Apprentice [Mg] Outsider Kitten [Mu] Thunderclan Kitten [He] Riverclan Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1482

PostSubject: Re: a small boy and his infantry [C]   a small boy and his infantry [C] EmptyThu 2 May 2024 - 1:31

Fernpaw

logical : independent : curious : reserved

he/him : shadowclan : apprentice

Fernpaw turned his head toward another grey-stripped, green-eyed tom. "Hello Silverhawk," he greeted in return. "Yes, I have a minute." Obviously, time wasn't something anyone could 'have' or otherwise own. But he did not insist on correcting the politely-intentioned warrior, having learned and accepted not every turn of phrase was often literal. At least this one made more sense than others.

The apprentice imitated his brother's smile. After nodding in response to usual questions about training his white-tipped ears flicked. The owl. For the seventh time tonight he wondered if Hedgepaw's scratches were healing well. Then he remembered the pain in one of his toes, something he had first noticed while cleaning the blood off his paws soon after their return. He suspected he tore a claw while running towards her screams. His ears folded over at the memory of those screams. The terror in her voice had matched that of his entire body, desperate to close the gap between them. What felt like many minutes was really only a few seconds until he found her being dragged away, a sight as horrible as wolves themselves. Fernpaw drew a sharp breath in the form of a laugh. "Hah. Scary, yes." The tom's eyes would not meet his brother's. He might be dumb for having been so scared. When he was scared, he didn't think, he just foolishly followed the adrenaline in his heart. Sure, it worked out this time. Some called him brave. But what if he had injured himself far worse than what either of them were lucky to have returned home with? What if he had gotten in the way and the owl wasn't killed? What if the owl had carried her away?

Fernpaw's tail flicked restlessly as he silently pondered the possibilities, mindlessly using his teeth to try and remove the loose claw without irritating his paw further.

#7b851e | Text, Thoughts, and "Speech." | Born to the Fine Litter | Apprenticed to Pineblossom | art: #xaandiir | base code: #karmaa

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetpaw
SkC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP
Mushroomkit
TC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Herringkit
RC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: a small boy and his infantry [C]   a small boy and his infantry [C] EmptySun 26 May 2024 - 0:48

SILVERHAWK
The darker the weather...

Silverhawk watched his brother stiffen and a frown overtook his easy smile. Though they were both fine--there were no bodies to drag back, or to mourn the total loss of--he understood how deeply frightening predator encounters were. Especially as an apprentice; still so small, still unlearned. Silverhawk was quiet for several beats, letting Fernpaw avoid his eyes and worry his claw. Then, when he got sick of the sound of teeth clicking against claw, he reached out and placed a forepaw overtop the one Fernpaw wasn’t busy with. ”Hey,” he said quietly. He considered for a moment before settling on, ”I would’ve been scared, too, Fern. I had to deal with… enough predators as an apprentice.” His expression creased. Silverhawk quickly shook his head and continued on, ”Don’t feel bad for it. We have horror stories about them for a reason. ...But you did good. Protecting her, I mean.”
...the better the man.
ShadowClan • T4 Warrior • he/him • #845D56
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetpaw, Maggot, Mushroomkit, Herringkit
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Apprentice [Mg] Outsider Kitten [Mu] Thunderclan Kitten [He] Riverclan Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1482

PostSubject: Re: a small boy and his infantry [C]   a small boy and his infantry [C] EmptyWed 26 Jun 2024 - 1:30

Fernpaw

logical : independent : curious : reserved

he/him : shadowclan : apprentice

Fernpaw stopped picking his teeth and looked down at the paw now resting on his, blinked with slight surprise, then finally returned to Silverhawk's gaze. He tried to hide the tensity in his pale brows. Would the warrior agree that Fernpaw was inexperienced? That he was foolish? That he should have controlled his fears? Silverhawk's voice talked over the rush of possible reactions flooding the apprentice's mind. "Hey." Fernpaw focused on listening, his brows furrowing in thought as Silverhawk continued, then releasing tension at his brother's final sentence. At first, he failed to speak, struggling momentarily before quietly replying, "...Thank you." Fernpaw no longer felt tightness in his chest, for the moment at least, but that relief came at the cost of confusion.

He had expected the warrior to be angry at him for fear of losing his siblings. Or reprimand him for his recklessness. But no, Silverhawk simply... empathized with his situation? Once again, Fernpaw's predictions regarding emotions were incorrect. And with no clear explanation as to why! Not only that, but Silverhawk's praise, though comforting, didn't make sense. Did he not also fear what could have happened to him and Hedgepaw if they weren't so lucky?

"Maybe I did good... But I think that I could have done better." His brows began to furrow again, tight chest returning as he constructed a question. "If it had been you on that patrol instead of me, would you have reacted the same as I did? Do you think haste is more important than waiting to plan an attack, even if it is risky?" Fernpaw's tone was framed neutrally, but almost turned accusatory as the apprentice's mind raced for a conclusion. Did the warrior Silverhawk, who Fernpaw had often looked up to, simply disregard the value of strategy over impulse? Or did his brother, Silverhawk, somehow think recklessness was acceptable just because he was an apprentice? Did he pity his younger, foolish kin? Fernpaw's thoughts paused as he was suddenly faced with the dissapointment of those possibilities. For once, he hoped that his hypotheses were wrong.

#7b851e | Text, Thoughts, and "Speech." | Born to the Fine Litter | Apprenticed to Pineblossom | art: #xaandiir | base code: #karmaa

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetpaw
SkC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP
Mushroomkit
TC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Herringkit
RC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: a small boy and his infantry [C]   a small boy and his infantry [C] EmptySun 14 Jul 2024 - 11:35

SILVERHAWK
The darker the weather...

A slight smile returned to Silverhawk’s muzzle as his brother began to relax. He retracted his paw, drawing the limb close to his body again. His ears twitched curiously as Fernpaw continued. A quiet, thoughtful hum left him. He did not answer right away. ”Sometimes, you don’t have time to plan an attack.” Silverhawk answered eventually. ”Inaction might be the thing that costs a life. An experienced warrior can plan strategies in seconds, but sometimes you have to act recklessly. And don’t forget that you’re still young, Fern.” He raised his paw again to briefly ruffle the fur atop his brother’s head. ”Neither choice is wrong. It just depends on the circumstance.”

Silverhawk’s eyes slid away and crinkled half-shut. ”Me, now? I would have leapt right after the owl. But I’ve fought them--and other predators, and other cats--before. I have the experience to support making that choice.” His eyes shut fully and a crease appeared in the bridge of his muzzle. ”As an apprentice… I don’t know.” He paused, and when he spoke next, his voice had lowered to mere breaths. ”I’ve frozen in front of predators before, when I was your age. Bigger than an owl, but… still.” Long teeth snapped through the darkness behind his eyelids. He could, for a moment, hear Honeylight’s terrible cries of pain ringing through his ears. Silverhawk squeezed his eyes shut tighter and remained like that for a few heartbeats before shaking himself out.

He turned back to Fernpaw, and his usual smile reappeared once more. His paws shivered with his lingering thoughts, but he did his best to cast them out. He no longer wanted to bee directly vulnerable, even if it was just for the sake of his little brother. He turned the conversation back on Fernpaw. ”In that sense, I think you’re a better cat than I am.” Rare praise, to come from a cat like Silverhawk. ”You did something. No one would have, or will, ask you to do more. And she’s still here. Who knows what would have happened if all of you sat around discussing the perfect route forward before you moved?”
...the better the man.
ShadowClan • T4 Warrior • he/him • #845D56
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a small boy and his infantry [C]   a small boy and his infantry [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

a small boy and his infantry [C]
Page 1 of 1