Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3237

Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 6 Mar 2024 - 5:36

You can’t fix the past, but you can change the future.

Sootstorm set his eyes on the rising sun, an unreadable look glazing over his eyes. How many times had he took an apprentice into the Highstones in place of Daisyfang? He missed the she-cat. She had been cheeky, sure, but she was kind. She was... one of the cats that made his first steps into deputyship bearable. He swallowed thickly, then headed into the medicine cat's den.

After making up the herb wraps he padded into the apprentice den, lightly nudging the sleeping form of Minkpaw. "Minkpaw, wake up, it's time for your moonstone journey." He whispered, trying his best to lower his voice so as to not wake the other apprentices. He waited until the young she-cat had finished eating her herbs before leading her toward the camp entrance, beckoning her with his tail.

The sun had almost set by the time the two reached mothermouth. Sootstorm looked over his shoulder at his neice, offering her a comforting smile as he did so. "The tunnel looks scary, but it's just one long, narrow cave. I'll be right in front of you the whole time, and if you get scared, you can hold onto my tail, okay? Once we're inside, you can touch the moonstone with your nose and sleep, StarClan will be there for you in your dreams," He explained, then signalled for her to follow him into the tunnel. As he had promised, the tunnel offered no obstacle, and before long they were standing before the moonstone.

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2
Leopardkit / Tom / WindClan Kit / #cc9900
Creamkit / She-Cat / WindClan Kit / #ff6600

Art Requests | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 6 Mar 2024 - 6:03

The early morning wake up call was unexpected but not unwelcome. Minkpaw greeted the deputy with a short murr and followed him out of the den, dutifully swallowing down the herbs he offered. So this was it, then? They were going to the Moonstone? It was enough of a thrill that she could almost ignore the way the bitter herbs made her mouth water.

WindClan was closest to the Moonstone, and Minkpaw had made the trek to and from the lake, so the journey felt short in comparison. She stood and listened as Sootstorm explained, peering down into the dark depths of the tunnel, but she felt no fear, only thrill. "Okay," she breathed. Minkpaw stuck close enough to her uncle that she could occasionally see the tip of his tail wave past her nose, but they were only in darkness for a few moments before the glow of the Moonstone lightened the cave. The red she-cat sucked in a breath of wonder, gray eyes reflecting almost silver in the light. It was beautiful... no wonder StarClan was so close to this place.

Creeping forward, Minkpaw settled down on her belly, curling her legs under her and stretching out to touch the stone with her nose. Her eyes drifted shut, and very shortly after, she was asleep.
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit [F]oxkit [Fa]lconkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit [F] Unborn SkyClan Kit [Fa] Unborn WindClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2516

PostSubject: Re: Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 6 Mar 2024 - 6:29

"I taste every wasted minute."
Adderdawn
WindClan | he/him

The land Minkpaw awoke to was familiar underpaw. Earth rolled out smoothly around her, in tiny gullies and arched hills. Though the visual echoed WindClan's territory, the ground lacked the moor's firm sponginess. They stood on stone, packed hard, like the uncomfortable foothills of the mountains the Clans had so recently ventured through. Lavender dusk cast upon her, and everything twinkled beneath it; light from thousands of tiny stars scattered everywhere in view, glinting almost over-bright. Not far away from her, a shade broke up the bright landscape: though stars brightened his fur, the ruddy darkness of his fur made the appearance glaring. He'd been turned away, examining some distant point, but he turned over his shoulder once Minkpaw finally gathered her bearings.

For several moments after the piercing gold of his eyes found her, the tom said nothing. He just stood, quietly taking the apprentice in, until he blinked slowly and turned away again. "Hello," he called out, tail flicking to beckon her forward. "I don't get asked to do Moonstones very often. It's fair--I don't exactly want to." His ears pinned briefly, but the small tom was quick to lift them. He was quiet for another brief stretch, fixated on the horizon while he considered. Then he turned to Minkpaw again and added, "WindClan is doing better now than it ever did while I was alive, though. I can't complain about talking to its apprentices now, I guess." There was something to his shrug, a cant to the lift that betrayed his permanent frustration, but he said no more on the matter.

Continuing, "My name is Adderdawn. I used to be a warrior of WindClan." His whiskers twitched. Sometimes he thought he could feel the collar of stars around his throat burning, but he knew the sensation was just a psychological twitch. Adderdawn shook his head and blinked toward the apprentice again. "And according to StarClan, I'm standing here to impart some divine wisdom on you. Ask me anything. Maybe the other stars will let me answer."
discord: downfive  | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E39D30
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1