Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Mightier Than the Sword [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 698

Mightier Than the Sword [c] Empty
PostSubject: Mightier Than the Sword [c]   Mightier Than the Sword [c] EmptyTue 5 Mar 2024 - 10:03

Honeydew

It had been a long day, and now that everyone was returning to camp, the sun casting long shadows through the trees, Honeydew decided it was time. She waited for everyone to finish sharing tongues and eating prey, and just as he was about to enter the warrior's den for the night, Honeydew caught up with the tom.

"Stormwatcher," she mewed softly, catching his attention. "Before you nest for the night, could you spare me a moment of your time?" She tilted her head, a friendly shine in her eyes. "There is something I have been wanting to share with you, if you'll hear me out."

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2840

PostSubject: Re: Mightier Than the Sword [c]   Mightier Than the Sword [c] EmptySat 9 Mar 2024 - 20:47

For many of his younger warrior days, Stormwatcher would nap most the day and all night.

Now- after Wolf had set him on a more responsible path he actually did try as a warrior, he actually did his work and tried for the clan.

Losing Birdstar his adoptive older sister ate away at him. Because... he HAD tried, he had tried so hard to stop the enemy and beech and bird were now both dead.

He couldnt help but wonder if he had tired harder in his youthful warrior days that somehow he could have been stronger for them on the day of the battle, that he could have saved birdstar.

He was exhausted now after a full day of work and his ears swivled as someone wanted him.

He wanted nothing more than to curl up in his nest and pass out for awhile. While wolf had changed him a lot and made him more responsible in general, the tom still found great comfort in naps and down time.

He blinked glancing over, oh... it was Honeydew, if it had been anyone else he would have declined, but he could not easily do so to the deputy now could he?

He tried to not let his disapointment be too prominate as he nodded and turned taking one last look at his warm cozy looking nest.

"erhmm sure I guess so" he nodded. He walked along side her away from the den so she could speak her mind with him one on one.

"whats up honeydew?" he asked

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mightier Than the Sword [c]   Mightier Than the Sword [c] EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 12:28

Honeydew

Honeydew led the warrior away from the den, but did not miss his wistful glance back towards his nest. The she-cat stifled a purr. She certainly couldn't blame the warrior for wanting to rest his muscles after such an active day performing his duties. A soft sigh escaped her as she found a quiet corner of the camp and settled herself, her tail curling around her paws as she faced the warrior with serious blue eyes.

"Stormwatcher," she began, picking her words carefully, "At the border, I couldn't help but notice your eagerness to defend SkyClan's borders, and your quick action is admirable." Honeydew knew that navigating this conversation would go smoother if she acknowledged the warrior's strengths as well. "You are a strong warrior, and one of SkyClan's best. You have shown significant improvement over the past few moons, even a cat as young as myself can notice that." Honeydew's tail twitched as she picked her brain for the right words to continue.

"It's just that... Since before I was chosen as deputy, I have always felt that SkyClan is too quick to use our claws, when we might be able to settle some things more peacefully, with our words, first." Her searching gaze didn't break from the big warrior's. "The strength of a clan lies not only in its' warriors claws, but in their hearts, as well." Her gaze turned upwards, scanning Silverpelt, imagining she could feel her mother, Thornstalker's guiding gaze on her pelt.

"For many generations, SkyClan's history is soaked in blood and war. As SkyClan's deputy, I want to lead SkyClan towards a path of honor and righteousness. The warrior code states that an honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win their battles. What I want," the young deputy went on, "is for the warriors of SkyClan to be the most noble in all of the forest. I want to transform our reputation of bloodthirsty warmongers into that of wise, strong cats, of claw and of heart." Her eyes fell from the sky, landing back on Stormwatcher's pelt, searching for his reaction.

Will he think I'm mouse-brained? Soft-bellied? Thistledown between my ears?

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2840

PostSubject: Re: Mightier Than the Sword [c]   Mightier Than the Sword [c] EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 15:12

Stormwatcher sat across from the deputy. He felt oddly like this was back in his younger days when the deputy would pull him aside and tell him that:
'you really ought to work more storm'
or
'if you fought as hard as you napped the clan would be forever strong'

He shifted his tail uncomfortable. His youthful days of lazing around had taught him well enough that getting pulled aside for a high rank one - on - one was generally not to talk about butterflies and rainbows. More so, it was often used to poke at him for doing something wrong or in his case not doing he was supposed to do.

Oh and just perfect, her eyes looked serious too, oh this was going to be one of those talks too wasn't it?
But I haven't even been lazy at all lately! he complained already in his mind before Honeydew had even spoken yet.

"You are a strong warrior, and one of SkyClan's best. You have shown significant improvement over the past few moons, even a cat as young as myself can notice that."

He stood there staring back into her blue serious eyes with his golden yellow eyes unblinking.

In the 'staredown' of sorts he blinked first mostly in confusion and taken aback by the surprised praises she was throwing his way.

He didn't really know the last time a high rank had said he had done a good job in terms of that.  Well, wolf had mentioned it but that was only after moons of her being on his tail about improving. It felt... odd, unnatural for a superior to be telling him good job. It felt so weird in fact he missed the days of being yelled at, at least then he knew what to respond with.

'sorry mr/mrs deputy, Ill do better next time' got him out of 99% of missed patrols in his apprentice days the other 1% he got to go clean out the elders den.

He had no idea how to respond to a 'good job storm'.  He twitched slightly his tail more uncomfortable than ever now.

It did not help that he himself viewed his performance as an utter failure at the border battle.  He had failed to drive away the enemy invaders and because of that his adoptive sister Birdstar that had helped so much in the transformation of him to a better warrior was dead now.

He didn't feel brave when he was forced to flea the battle when Perchstar and Poppyshine had ganged up on him.  He did not feel admirable when he learned that their clan had failed its objective to keep beechface safe and at the same time had lost their leader.

To him the whole thing felt like a failure on his part to protect the ones he finally cared about. His old self would not have cared for any clanmate.  It was Wolf who had made him care.  And now that he cared he was seemingly powerless to protect them from something that should have been trivial.

Yet still, Honeydew praised him?  His chest tightened all up and he felt almost sick.  How was she so pure of heart? He wondered.

She won the 'staredown' again as he had to look to his paws.  He nodded a little in thanks of her notice of his improvement and praise.

However... then she continued.

He looked back to her as she went on about being pure of heart.  Was she... was she talking about him? He couldnt even be sure.

He felt nerves run all through him. He had no idea what she meant by any of this.  It felt like she was congratulating him on using his claws in one sentence then telling him he had gone too far in the next.  

If the high ranks could please tell me to either claw or nap ... that would be great he muttered but only to himself never aloud.

He squeezed his eyes shut a moment trying to figure out how in the world he would even start with this.

"Honeydew... you are a good deputy. I am glad you were picked. I cheered for you the day you were picked because I belive you can be the heart you are talking about.  I dont know how but you seem to always somehow see the light at the end of tunnels. Only you could see any improvement in what otherwise was a very dark day in our clans history he started.  He was also trying to pick his words carefully enough.

"While I know what you are trying to say, that we should be better now, not kill our enemy. Be righteousness and all, it is not so easy, not when our enemy is nothing of the sort" his eyes met hers again though this time he would not be the one to back down or blink.

"Riverclan had no issue killing all of birdstars lives even though they claimed to only want beech.  That makes them a liar on top of killers.  We cant beat them if we play by rules they do not.  While I do not agree with sunfires methods of attacking a medicine cat, we cannot expect that playing honorably will save us honeydew. In war... cats die it is why it is so horrible I understand that now"  to think that just a moon earlier he had been so excited for war sent shame and shivers down his spine.

he sighed. "You are the best of us honeydew, even after all this you still wanting that proves it.

He nodded his head in respect, "how about this, a compromise of sorts. Just as a cat needs both a heart and claws to survive so too does a clan.  You be our heart, I will be our claws.  We can keep each other balanced in sorts.  If I get too aggressive you can stop me.  However... if you get too soft I will claw anything that comes after us tenfold. For the record... Riverclan already came after us in my book. So as noble as you want us to be.. they have already asked for the claws"

He held out an honest paw to shake on it, "deal?"

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mightier Than the Sword [c]   Mightier Than the Sword [c] EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 15:43

Honeydew

Honeydew watched as emotions played across Stormwatcher's face as she spoke to him. He didn't seem to expect to hear her praise, and he looked uncomfortable or confused when she had finally finished. A long silence enveloped them before Stormwatcher spoke, his words slow and precise. She listened to the warrior, her pelt itching with unease. It was apparent that it would take more than her request to make SkyClan's warriors see her point. But she couldn't blame Stormwatcher, after growing up and being raised in a clan full of such violence as a culture.

"All I ask of you is to please consider the option of peace when finding cats along our borders, please," she mewed finally. "Defend our borders, of course, if the other cat is hostile. But that is not always the case." Her eyes were round as she considered the young cat Mutiny on the border.

"A deputy needs loyal warriors to back her," Honeydew continued. "I cannot help make SkyClan better unless warriors like you help our cause. I hope that you will at least consider my words the next time you find some cat on our borders. Use your best judgment and make the right call, Stormwatcher." She blinked warmly at the warrior. "And thank you for listening to me, it means a lot. I'm sorry to keep you from your rest. You can go now," she gave his shoulder a gentle headbutt as she got to her feet, arching her back in a long stretch. "I'm going to go out for a bit... to think."

The cream and white she-cat padded off in the direction of the camp entrance, chirping a greeting to the two cats taking up their positions there as night guards. She cast one last glance over her shoulder at Stormwatcher. Her blue eyes were filled with some kind of complex emotion as she whisked her tail at him. Goodnight, it said.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mightier Than the Sword [c]   Mightier Than the Sword [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Mightier Than the Sword [c]
Page 1 of 1