Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 Empty
PostSubject: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 1:05 pm

Ripplesong
Queen | RiverClan | she/her

Ripplesong is opening a small in-camp fishing event to help increase the stock of the freshkill pile. Healthy and injured warriors, as well as apprentices, are welcome to participate, up to 3 total for the patrol. After the slots are filled, other cats are welcome to join the thread to watch!

After the ordeal in the medicine den with Littlesplash, Ripplesong finally got Weepingwillow's poppy seeds for her. As usual, the queen was napping soon after, giving the young mollie a chance to focus on other things. After the war with SkyClan, many of RiverClan's best warriors were confined to the medicine den with their injuries, or were only allowed to perform light duties while their wounds healed. Less warriors were able to go out on hunting patrols, and the freshkill pile was suffering as a result. She had noticed it on her way through the camp earlier; and now it was looking even lower.

Fishing was relaxing for Ripplesong, and she could do so from the comfort of the camp. Maybe some of the injured warriors will be able to participate, too, she pondered, looking around the clearing. It might be a good way to keep their senses sharp, and bodies in shape. Perhaps even some of the apprentices can contribute. She picked her way across camp, settling herself between the reeds that shielded the RiverClan camp from the river.

The ice had melted, and a light rain was sprinkling the camp. The mist began to lift as the sun made its way higher in the sky, leaving the camp in an overcast of whitewashed hues. Newleaf was on its way, which meant there would soon be a lot more prey for the river cats to bulk up on. Ripplesong ran her tongue over her lips in anticipation, looking down into the waters.

"Would anyone like to join me?" She meowed over her shoulder towards the cats in camp. "There's plenty of minnows today. It may not be much, but it will help feed the clan." Her blue eyes darted expectantly around camp, reaching for any cat who was up for the task.

discord: uwubers | timezone: EST | code (c) kieer

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1543

PostSubject: Re: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 3:31 pm

Lightpaw

i see the light that's shinin’ on me;
it's been waiting for a long time for me to see;

Lightpaw raised his head at Ripplesong's call. He had been busying himself with tidying the apprentices' den, neatening up everyone's nests while he had time to. It wasn't a particularly interesting task however, so he was grateful for a distraction. Some quiet fishing sounded perfect, especially when it would go towards feeding the Clan.

Lightpaw didn't know Ripplesong well. He padded over and cleared his throat, shy. "M-May I...May I join you, Ripplesong? I'm Lightpaw," he mewed, offering the queen a small smile in greeting. He needed to work on learning the names of every cat in RiverClan. That, and to speak to everyone at least once; it would help him get out of his shell a bit. At least, it was something Rookflight maintained.

Apprentice | RiverClan | he/him

( credits )

Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]

Last edited by Aspen on Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

PostSubject: Re: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 8:15 pm

"But I know there's a reason I'm alive."
Rookflight
T3 Warrior | RiverClan | they/he

A disturbance further down the swaths of reeds made all of them clatter, rustling against Rookflight's ears. Their whiskers twitched several times at the sensation, and though it bothered them, it was one they'd gotten used to. They were not the only one among their Clanmates who saw the growths as a decent shelter; they also could not stop those that wanted a brush into the river. Rookflight would have ignored the shifting if it weren't for the voice that rose up with it. Ears flicking back and forth, they lifted their head from their chest and squinted between the reedstalks. The idea of a hunt so near to their hiding place put the slightest crease in their muzzle, but it smoothed quickly. They couldn't deny that an extra hunt would do the Clan well. ...just as they couldn't ignore Lightpaw's appearance.

With some hesitance, Rookflight got to their paws. At the end of Lightpaw's greeting, he unfolded from the reeds to make his presence known. The drizzle collecting on his pelt was quick to make his ears lower. After shaking out his head, Rookflight blinked quietly to each cat in turn and flicked his tail-tip twice. "I would like to watch Lightpaw hunt," he said. Then, he looked toward the water: thick with snow-melt, but gentle today; racing with tiny, silver bodies, too. "I would like to participate as well. If I may."
profile | playlist | discord: downfive | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

Last edited by downfive on Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5683

PostSubject: Re: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:11 pm

Swandive padded into camp, carrying a fish of her to set down onto the fresh kill pile. A few cats were gathered by the reeds bordering the water off to one side, and Swandive watched as Rookflight joined the queen and one of the younger apprentices she didn't know well.

Fishing, it looked like... Though there were little more than minnows in the waters around camp. Tired as she was from her own patrolling, the warrior settled onto her belly, paws tucked under her. She might not have the energy to participate, but she could offer the young apprentice some silent encouragement... Or maybe just make them self conscious about being watched. Hard to tell which.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 2:16 pm

Ripplesong

The patrol is full!
Others are now welcome to join the thread as spectators.
Each participant may fish a total of 3 attempts! Roll all 3 hunting dice at once and see what the outcome is!

Ripplesong smiled down at the shy apprentice.
"Hello, Lightpaw," she greeted, with a warm touch of her tail to his flank. "You sure can join me. I'd love to fish with you." The second participant emerged from the reeds and startled the queen, causing her to jump at the sound of his voice, her deep blue eyes rounding. "Ah - yes, of course!" she stuttered. "Let's get to it, then!"

The pretty mollie turned back towards the river, the shadows of minnows beneath the surface causing her mouth to water. They wouldn't be much, but they could at least fill the bellies of the clan's kits and elders tonight, especially with the three of them fishing together. With a determined glance and a quick nod to her fellow fishers, Ripplesong's paws darted into the water...

Rolling...
1st attempt - 4 success!
2nd attempt - 1 success!
3rd attempt - 8 failure!

Quick as the river itself, Ripplesong picked two minnows from the surface, her third strike not landing. Her tail lashed once, then sat still. She had never been RiverClan's greatest fisher, but it was better than nothing. She quickly delivered the killing blow to her catch, and gently placed them beside her.

"That's two for me," she mewed, the glint of a challenge in her eyes. "What about you two?"

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 2:16 pm

The member 'uwubers' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4, 1, 8

Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 Mistpe10
Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1543

PostSubject: Re: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 5:16 pm

Lightpaw

i see the light that's shinin’ on me;
it's been waiting for a long time for me to see;

Lightpaw's nervous smile softened to a genuine one at Ripplesong's brush of her tail along his flank. It was soothing, something his mother might have done. A second voice joined them, one Lightpaw instantly recognized. His face brightened at the sight of his mentor. "Hi, Rookflight," he chirped, padding over to greet the warrior with a friendly headbump on their shoulder. "I hope I don't do too poorly...!"

Ripplesong went first, making two of her three catches. Lightpaw watched her closely, feeling the rush of performance anxiety fill his chest like a flood. Now it was his turn. Swallowing hard, he approached the edge of the water and crouched down, keeping one paw ready to strike. His first attempt missed entirely, the fish in a different place than he thought it was. Screwing up his face, he tried again, this time the fish managed to brush his claws yet escape his grasp.

He sighed heavily, breathing in deep to steady himself. He wouldn't miss this last one.

On his third attempt, he snagged a minnow and drew it out of the water, nearly flinging it out of his grip in his surprise. Quickly, he smacked it down on the ground and nipped it to make it still, his eyes wide. He did it. Gazing up at Rookflight, he grinned. "Did-- Did you see that? I got one!"

Lightpaw attempted to catch minnows!
Attempt 1:
9 (failure)
Attempt 2: 7 (failure)
Attempt 3: 1 (success)

Apprentice | RiverClan | he/him

( credits )

Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]

Last edited by Aspen on Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 5:16 pm

The member 'Aspen' has done the following action : Dice roll

#1 'Hunting Dice' : 9

--------------------------------

#2 'Hunting Dice' : 7

--------------------------------

#3 'Hunting Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 9:35 am

"But I know there's a reason I'm alive."
Rookflight
T3 Warrior | RiverClan | they/he

Ripplesong looked startled by his approach, though Rookflight didn't have it in him to feel apologetic in the moment. Lightpaw, at least, brightened at seeing him. At the nudge to his shoulder, Rookflight said, "Hello, Lightpaw," and issued a second nod; one that carried fondness in its acknowledgment. "You will do just fine. You cannot fail; only learn."

Soon enough, Ripplesong was moving closer to the water. While she settled, Rookflight glanced aside and noticed Swandive had settled nearby. They sent her a friendly blink before turning back to the rest of their fellows. Ripplesong made three passes at the water, successful at pulling two small, silver bodies from the depths. Rookflight nodded with quiet approval at the pile that was starting before looking toward Lightpaw. No grimace crossed his expression at the failed attempts. As they'd said, this was Lightpaw's opportunity to learn. And with a third attempt, he secured his own minnow-- nearly lost it in his excitement, but secured it nonetheless. Pride didn't break the permanent monotone of Rookflight's voice, but it reflected clearly in their eyes. "I did," they confirmed, moving closer to Lightpaw's side. Their tail gently brushed his flank and they went on, "Good job, Lightpaw. You will be a fine hunter with practice."

While speaking, they lowered into a crouch. Rookflight supposed it was their turn, now. "Just remember," they said, voice barely louder than the whispering reeds, "not to let overexcitement be your downfall. Fishing is often an exercise in patience." After that, Rookflight was still for several moments. Only when the minnows in the water slowed against the current did they strike out. A small school had stilled nearby. Twice in quick succession, Rookflight struck out. Before the school dispersed entirely, they were successful in pulling out two fish, just as Ripplesong had. When Rookflight bent to nip their necks and still their twitching, his eyes drifted just far enough to catch movement farther up the bank.

His head angled to the side. At first, he thought the writhing motion seen from his peripheral was a weasel, dancing it's aggression. But when he looked fully, he saw it wasn't writhing--it was slithering. A small brown snake crept towards them, its tongue darting out repeatedly. Rookflight went still and silent, one forepaw raised. They wouldn't strike, not when the snake had time still to delve into the water and cross out into the territory. But it approached closer, tempted either by the challenge of a party of cats or that of stealing their prey. Whatever it's motivation, it came in range of Rookflight's claws, and they immediately brought their paws down on its head.

Rookflight attempted to catch 3 minnows... two attempts were successful! -15 SP.
A snake was summoned on the third attempt! Serpentine Movement is active!
Rookflight attempted Front Paw Strike... attempt unsuccessful. -7 SP.

Rookflight

50/50 HP
98/120 (-15, -7) SP

Snake
15/15 HP
75/75 SP
profile | playlist | discord: downfive  | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

Last edited by downfive on Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 9:35 am

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10, 4, 6

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 9:57 am

effect die

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 9:57 am

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5683

PostSubject: Re: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 8:08 pm

Swandive watched as Ripplesong and Lightpaw made several successful catches, and a few that were unsuccessful as well. The little minnows were harder to catch than larger fish, she thought, and the apprentice was still learning. She offered the young apprentice an encouraging smile. remembering how she too had struggled to catch fish at first.

Rookflight's sudden movement after having sat still for a few moments made Swandive jump, hackles lifting as she spotted the dark, slithering form her clanmate had attempted to bring a paw onto. A snake, and this close to camp? The fishers must have attracted it, or maybe it was hungry and in search of something more than minnows. Either way, it couldn't just be allowed to remain here, and Swandive pulled herself to her paws. Unsheathed claws swiped at the scaled creature... The snake was quicker than she wanted to admit, her claws slicing through only air.

Swandive attempted to use Front Paw Strike for -7 sp, dealing -8 damage. Attempt unsuccessful.

Swandive

40 / 40 HP
93 / 100 SP (100 - 7)

Snake
15 / 15 HP
75 / 75 SP

Rookflight
50 / 50 HP
98 / 120 SP

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer

Last edited by kjSage on Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 8:08 pm

The member 'kjSage' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 11:01 pm

Ripplesong

Honeydew jumped up with enthusiasm at Lightpaw's catch. The young apprentice was so proud of himself and seeking approval from Rookflight. The older cat's reassurances were so calm and constructive. Wow, Ripplesong admired, what a great mentor. She watched as the warrior concentrated, securing his own two minnows - a great display of the patience he had preached before.

"Great catch," she praised them both, but her attention was unfortunately torn away by the sudden chaos wriggling and writhing through the reeds.

Rookflight and Swandive both attacked the slithering creature, but its movements were too quick. Ears pinned back, Ripplesong hissed with fury and dove forward, claws extended.

Ripplesong lashes out at the snake with Front Paw Strike, dealing -8 damage and -7 SP!
Rolled a 6... miss!

Snake
15 / 15 HP
75 / 75 SP

Ripplesong
50/50 HP
73/80 SP (-7 SP)

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3   Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fishing for Minnows [O] 3/3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp-
Jump to: