Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

the other side [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2497

the other side [C] Empty
PostSubject: the other side [C]   the other side [C] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 15:48

"The weak never have their wings unfurl."
Silverhawk
T3 Warrior | ShadowClan | he/him

By the time they left camp, a gentle drizzle had started to fall. It dampened Silverhawk's fur and made the muddy ground even slicker. His whiskers twitched, clearing the droplets which accumulated there, but he could do nothing to clear the dewy fog rising off the earth and clinging to his fur. "Well," Silverhawk started to mutter, "I wish the sky stayed clear. Don't you? But that's alright." He shrugged and slowed his steps to fall in at Nightpaw's shoulder rather than leading the way. "Walking the marsh now, while it's disappearing under your paws, will make navigating in the dry seasons even easier."

With that piece of advice given, Silverhawk angled his head down to look at the tom beside him. Nightpaw was small and ruddy and looked close to retching over his own paws. If he didn't pass out first, at least. Silverhawk caught himself before the frown he felt could settle, turning it into a placid smile instead. Appraising Nightpaw suddenly made him feel like the small one. Nightpaw was like the ugly, anxious bug in his heart made manifest. Silverhawk hummed softly and looked to the path ahead of them again. "What are you so afraid of, Nightpaw?" He asked the question nonchalantly, as if he were only asking about the weather. The corners of his mouth lifted higher. He didn't appear non-threatening. "You don't have to answer; it's just something I've noticed. Though... it would be really helpful to me as your mentor. You know, knowing what makes you all jittery so I can help you work around it, mm?"
profile | playlist | discord: downfive | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 14:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 208

the other side [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: the other side [C]   the other side [C] EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 19:15

nightpaw
The small tom sighed as the gentle rain soaked into his fur, plastering his pelt to his skin as it fell. A steady, gentle drizzle to mark his first day as an apprentice. How exciting... Nightpaw usually rather liked the rain, but he was already dreading his first time out on the territory. There was just so... much. And anything could be lurking in the marsh. He nodded at the tom's advice and shivered. The comment just reminded him of how many seasons he'd have ahead of him. He wasn't ready for that. He wasn't ready for any of it.

"M-me too." Nightpaw agreed, sounding a lot smaller than his six moons. He hated that. He'd give anything to be the big, tough ShadowClan warrior his Clan wanted, to prove himself as more than his namesake, more than some kit hiding in the corner of the nursery, but he couldn't. For some reason, he couldn't just suck it up. His paws stirred with anger.

And Silverhawk seemed to have perfect timing, of course. What are you so afraid of? What was he so afraid of? Nightpaw didn't know. His whole life, he'd been terrified - and for what? StarClan, it was frustrating. Nightpaw wished they could focus on training so he could get out of his own head. He'd never been outside of his own cursed head.

He slipped on the wet marsh, mud staining his white paws, and hissed quietly. This sucked. This so unbelievably sucked. And he could feel Silverhawk's eyes on him as the warrior fell into step beside him, burning with a curiosity that he tried his best to keep out of his voice. Nightpaw knew he wanted an answer.

A stretch of silence. In that moment, it was just the quiet patter of the rain, the spare croak of a frog, their pawsteps in the mud. Nightpaw didn't want to answer his mentor. He wasn't sure he would ever feel comfortable with the tom. But he had to try, didn't he? "I - I, um, don't know, really." He admitted, the sound of his own voice surprising him. "That's kind of the problem, I suppose. I don't know how I'm supposed to..." Nightpaw trailed off, realizing he was starting to open up to Silverhawk. Wasn't he scared of that, too? Nightpaw swallowed, his claws flexing as he decided to just go through with it.

"I don't know how I'm supposed to be some big, strong warrior when I can't even talk to my own Clanmates. It's so frustrating. I don't know if I'm... cut out for this." His eyes widened as the words left his maw, his ears pinning back against his head. Please don't laugh.

6 moons - shadowclan app. - he/him "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

the other side [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: the other side [C]   the other side [C] EmptySun 24 Mar 2024 - 15:54

Silverhawk

Nothing changed on Silverhawk's expression through the silence. His eyes remained fixed on Nightpaw, the same placid smile settled across his muzzle. Not a muscle twitched out of place--not even in reaction to Nightpaw slipping in the mud and the quiet hiss it elicited. Only the eventual sound of a thin, nervous voice earned a reaction; the spare flick of an ear. Silverhawk was expecting an answer, of course, but still-- to actually receive one surprised him. A soft hum of consideration left his throat and he finally lifted the heavy appraisal of his attention from Nightpaw, casting his gaze out into the vague distance of the marsh instead. He did not utter the How pitiful, that flashed repeatedly through his thoughts. I don't want a coward for an apprentice!

"You know what? Sablestrike made a good choice. I think I'll be a fine mentor for you."
Silverhawk's tail swished reassuringly over Nightpaw's back. He would banish the treacherous thoughts before he could act on them. His paws slowly drew to a halt, though he didn't bother looking back at his apprentice. "If you want to stop jumping at your own shadow," a quiet snort of playful amusement, "and learn how to be brave and strong, then I'm the best ShadowClan has to offer." His eyes slid back, settling on Nightpaw. The glint centered in the green was eager; nearly dangerous. "Of course you're cut out for this; everyone is. We just have to figure out what makes your claws itch."

He flicked his tail in indication for Nightpaw to stay put before taking a few strides forward. When he was a good fox-length away, Silverhawk stopped again. "I'm going to count to three. When I get there, I'm going to turn around and attack you. If you don't want that to happen, it's up to you to attack first." He said, with entire nonchalance, over his shoulder. "Think about this, while you make your decision: if a fox corners you, will you let it kill you? Will you fight to stay alive--to prove you can? Or will you run, inviting it to give chase?" Silverhawk paused. His ear twitched once. He didn't bother looking at Nightpaw behind him; the element of surprise would be good for the apprentice, if the mud didn't make him oafish. "One."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster

the other side [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: the other side [C]   the other side [C] EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024 - 17:44

nightpaw
One. Nightpaw's heart leaped. A horrible feeling stirred in his stomach. His fears weren't appeased by Silverhawk's deceitfully reassuring words, that charlatan act that Nightpaw couldn't quite sniff out. They weren't quelled by any means. But maybe the small apprentice had let himself feel just a bit safer with his new mentor. The strong tom scared him, but maybe, just maybe...he could trust him.

The warrior wanted him to be better. He didn't laugh; he didn't snarl, he didn't let slip how much he didn't want the failure that was Nightpaw for an apprentice. So maybe Nightpaw trusted him. Only a little bit. Not with his most private fears or thoughts, and certainly not with his life, but maybe he would listen to this cat. Maybe he would try - for him.

Until his muscles froze themselves in place and his legs locked up and he couldn't move. Attack me? How? As a Clanmate, with claws sheathed? Or like a real battle - a real fox? Would Silverhawk hurt him? Nightpaw didn't disguise the fear in his eyes, not now that his mentor wasn't looking. His emerald gaze always seemed to hold some sort of doubt, but now real panic paced within them, his pupils darting to and fro. Nightpaw couldn't talk or utter his acceptance of the challenge - not that he wanted to. Did Sablestrike make a good choice? StarClan, Nightpaw didn't trust that tom, either.

The image of the fox, snarling and merciless, filled his mind, and the ruddy tom felt himself all the more paralyzed, his whiskers quivering like a kit's. Fear and anxiety mingled in his veins and turned his blood to ice, to steel, halting his vascular system even as his tiny heart sped up. He was sure Silverhawk would be able to hear it. He was sure it would go on beating right out of his chest. A sudden certainty filled him: he couldn't do this.

He stayed rooted, still and unmoving in the backdrop of the foggy marsh as the birds and frogs cheered the pair on. His first real training session. A reality check - attack or be attacked. Kill or be killed. And he couldn't move. He couldn't speak. He wanted more than anything to lash out, to pounce, or to tell Silverhawk to stop, to hare back to camp, and instead he chose neither.

He couldn't do this.

And finally, finally, his jaws parted. His own voice almost made him jump. It was so small, so meek, and choked with panic, the threat of tears. Maybe nothing had happened yet, but he wanted off this ride. "I can't."

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

the other side [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: the other side [C]   the other side [C] EmptySat 30 Mar 2024 - 14:43

Silverhawk

One.

His declaration echoed off the empty air around them. Continued silence answered him. Nightpaw didn't slide clumsily off the mud in an attempt at attacking. Silverhawk's ears ticked back, listening. Between the steady croak of distant frogs, he could hear Nightpaw's heart running harder than a hare's. Oh, come on, Silverhawk wanted to sigh. You can't be that afraid of me! I haven't done anything to you yet. There was a strange sort of pride in himself--vindication--over hearing how afraid Nightpaw was; catching his fear-scent in the air. I was killing foxes on some of my first outings! What are you doing with yourself?

His head turned just enough to catch Nightpaw in his periphery. The poor tom was frozen as a fawn. He looked like he'd seen death. A private smile curled Silverhawk's features. The idea of spinning suddenly and launching straight at NIghtpaw was tempting, but he kept his paws in place. Only when Nightpaw found his tongue did he move fully; and then, it was just to turn around fully. His smile had grown broad and shiny, and his tail turned lazily-- casually, unexpectantly --through the air.

[color=#845D56]"You won't," he corrected gently. Silverhawk gave himself a gentle shake before padding over to rejoin Nightpaw's side. He hated hearing the tears that threatened to leak into the young tom's voice, the way his words quivered. It was pathetic to look at; it reminded Silverhawk of himself at his worst.

He needed to shake this anxiety from Nightpaw, if only so he wouldn't have to face it himself.

"But we'll work on that," Silverhawk smoothly went on. There was potential lurking in Nightpaw's trembling limbs--there had to be, pathetic and sniveling as he was making himself seem. He wouldn't be Silverhawk's apprentice if that weren't the case. Silverhawk would find it, no matter how deep he had to claw through Nightpaw to reach it. One day, he would be a fine warrior, however he got there.

Silverhawk tapped his tail against Nightpaw's flank and that darker tone entered his mew again. "Just remember: one day, you won't have a choice. I'll pause the fight. A fox will rip your throat out before you can run." Then, just like that, he was chipper again, practically singing his words. "But let's move on, yeah? Keep walking!" He nudged Nightpaw's shoulder, pressing him gently out of lock. Despite his instruction to march, he didn't jostle Nightpaw beyond unsticking him, instead waiting for him to gather himself. "So. What just went through your head? What kept you from moving?"

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Libra Rooster

the other side [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: the other side [C]   the other side [C] EmptySat 30 Mar 2024 - 22:49

nightpaw
Nightpaw flinched when Silverhawk finally did turn, hating himself for the involuntary muscle spasm. He'd been half-expecting the tom to pounce - his large paws swiping at Nightpaw, his maw twisted in a snarl. Instead, the warrior just looked at him, bearing his teeth in not a snarl but a charming smile. The small apprentice blinked, feeling the adrenaline rush into his bloodstream as the entire situation came to a halt, leaving his heart racing and an overwhelming sense of relief crashing down on him. Oh. He tried to take a deep breath and calm himself down, but panic still held him in its grip. Even at Silverhawk's nudge, it kept him frozen there, still as stone.

It made him angry.

The other apprentices made it look so easy. Fernpaw, effortlessly jumping to his sister's aid; the other apprentices coming and going from their dens, boasting of victorious spars and plump catches, all the battle moves they were perfecting and the praise they got from their mentors and it just made Nightpaw so angry. Was it so hard? Was it so difficult to participate in this one simple exercise? Silverhawk wasn't sending him to fight an enemy warrior; he wasn't making him spar with some bloodthirsty apprentice, or sending him to hare after a fox. He had simply said: attack me, or I'll attack you first.

And that was how the world worked, after all. Did he really expect to be sheltered his whole life? Never sighted by a hawk or an owl? Never sent into battle? When the day finally came, would he freeze up just like this, easy prey for a fox kit?

Silverhawk was right, and it made Nightpaw furious with himself. Ashamed, really. It burned beneath his pelt and made something unfamiliar stir in his chest. Something white-hot and violent. He scarcely felt Silverhawk's gentle tail-tap against his flank, let alone hear anything he said. The blood rushing in his ears was much too loud. Green gaze blazing, he watched the tom start to walk away, and stayed still to stew in his anger.

He hated himself. The older cat's tail swishing casually behind him seemed to taunt him. Silverhawk was a strong and loyal warrior, and Nightpaw could at least try to learn something. Because his mentor was right: it's not that he couldn't do it; he simply wouldn't. And if Silverhawk thought he was weak or a coward, he would be right.

Before he was even aware of his own movement, Nightpaw was rushing forward, leaping toward Silverhawk with paws outstretched and a shrill yowl flying from his maw. He barely felt in control of his body - he felt outside his body, really, as though someone else were moving him. The small tom crashed into Silverhawk's flank with the full force of his weight, a messy and uncoordinated attempt to tackle the warrior. He was surprised at the way Silverhawk's body seemed to give beneath his small white paws; had it been the element of surprise that gave him that advantage? Certainly it wasn't his strength. Nightpaw was weak and small and didn't pose a threat to a mouse. He knew that. As the muscular tom moved from the force of his apprentice's tackle, Nightpaw felt himself crash to the ground, his hind legs scrabbling for purchase in the mud.

And it didn't feel good, and he didn't feel any better about himself. Instead, one word echoed in his mind as he thrashed about in a pitiful attempt to find his footing in the slippery marsh: pathetic.

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

the other side [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: the other side [C]   the other side [C] EmptySat 13 Apr 2024 - 12:14

Silverhawk

There was a sharp cry, paws thrumming hard against the ground. That was the only warning Silverhawk received before paws crashed against his ribs. He was sent into a heavy roll across the ground. Just a moment ago, Nightpaw had been completely still, frozen by some outside force--terror or self-loathing or both or neither. But no one else could have been the one to sprint and leap for him. Silverhawk shook the forgettable weight off him, digging his claws into the mud to pull himself away. In twisting himself back upright, and letting his apprentice fall to the ground because of it, he was turned around to face Nightpaw again. Silverhawk, half-stained with mud, blinked down at him slowly. There was genuine surprise in his eyes and in his slackly hanging maw.

Then his teeth clicked back together. A smile so wide it threatened to reach his ears bloomed across his maw. "Nightpaw," he huffed quietly. He let quiet follow, let Nightpaw scrabble helplessly for a few moments before leaning down to catch his scruff. Silverhawk hauled the ruddy tom up to his paws and held him steady for a moment before pulling away. When his gaze leveled on the apprentice again, his eyes were shining.

"Nightpaw," he breathed again. "See? See? I knew you could do it!" Silverhawk's tail waved back and forth with enthusiasm. "Wonderful job, Nightpaw. That wasn't so hard, was it? You did good. Now," Silverhawk reared up just enough to plant his forepaws against Nightpaw's shoulder and shove him down into the mud, holding him down. "Do it again. Fight back."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Libra Rooster

the other side [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: the other side [C]   the other side [C] EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024 - 22:34

nightpaw
Pathetic. Nightpaw wasn't expecting any other word to leave Silverhawk's lips. But he was met only with a glimmer of satisfaction, a terrifyingly wide smile. The little tuxedo blinked, his own surprise meeting Silverhawk's. He did...good? Did he? It hadn't felt like it. He watched the large tom quietly as he hauled him to his paws, scruffing him like he was some kind of kit. Nightpaw didn't shake the mud from his fur, not yet, too nervous for the consequences that he was sure were to come.

He was beginning to recognize the adrenaline pulsing through his veins. It felt good. He didn't like it one bit. Again. Fight back. He didn't have time to react before he was pushed back down to the marsh, his pelt even more slick with the cold mud that painted the grass. He gritted his teeth, hanging on to the anger from before. I can't give up now. I can't let him down. I'm doing so good...

He let his rage build. All the times he'd felt weak, pathetic, small - they flashed through his mind, making his hackles raise and his fur bristle. Was this what he'd been missing out on? Nightpaw struggled against his mentor's strong paws, trying desperately to stand once more - but it was no use. His amber gaze flashed with a mixture of determination and irritation. Do it again.

Chest heaving with the effort, Nightpaw threw his weight against the muscular tom again, but it hardly moved Silverhawk. He'd have to try something else. But he couldn't lash out with his paws, or he'd slip and fall; he'd have to think of something else. He'd have to use his teeth. "Let...me...go!" Nightpaw shouted, sounding small as usual. He snapped his head to the side, teeth sinking into thick grey fur as he bit down into Silverhawk's forepaw. In the heat of the moment, he didn't think to soften his blow for his fellow ShadowClan, the threat seeming all too real. The fur in his fangs and the small beads of blood that welled up where he pierced brought him a sick thrill. For once in his life, he felt like he had some kind of power.

Nightpaw used Snap, dealing 6 damage and costing 7 SP!

Nightpaw
20 / 20 HP
53 / 60 SP (-7 SP)

Silverhawk
44 / 50 HP (-6 HP)
120 / 120 SP
NPC/NPC - shadowclan app. - he/him "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the other side [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: the other side [C]   the other side [C] Empty

Back to top Go down