Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9982

Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 14:47

Tigerstar jumped up onto the Tall Rock, turning to face the camp clearing before sitting down and wrapping his tail over his paws. Green eyes studied the relaxed clearing for a moment before he took a deep breath and called out to his clan. "Let all cats old enough to run the moor gather here for a clan meeting!"
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 18:17

OOC: Mobile post from work 😔

Oatpaw perked up, casting his gaze toward the Tallrock as he heard Tigerstar's familiar call. He finished the mouse he'd been eating in one quick bite, licking his lips clean and rising to his paws. His tail flicked excitedly in the air behind him as he bounded over to take a seat near the Tallrock, choosing a spot near the front. His heart was racing in his chest. He should be receiving his warrior name soon, if he remembered right. Could this be it? Or was it one of the other many apprentices who would receive their name? He'd been training for what felt like a while now - nowhere near as long as Marigoldpaw or Eveningmoon had, but he was one of the eldest apprentices in the den by now. Moons of watching younger cats than him come and go had been a bit disheartening, even though he'd been nothing short of overjoyed for them. His soft chestnut gaze watched Tigerstar with interest, wondering what the tom would say next.
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 18:42

"Today we are gathered to name another apprentice." Tigerstar started as soon as the majority of his clan gathered, looking around at all of the different faces in front of him. "This apprentice has worked hard and trained for a long time and finally his moment has come. Oatpaw please step forward." Green eyes fell on the mentioned apprentice, waiting for Oatpaw to come forward.

As soon as the mentioned tom stepped to the front of the crowd, Tigerstar spoke again. His eyes moving from the apprentice to address the crowd. "I, Tigerstar, leader of Windclan call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand your noble code and I commend him to you as a warrior in turn." Finally Tigerstar looked back at Oatpaw. "Oatpaw, do you promise to uphold the code, defend and honor Windclan, even at the cost of your life?"

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2850

PostSubject: Re: Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyTue 5 Mar 2024 - 16:53

Rapidpaw waited patiently for all the others to show up to the meeting. Her eyes widened when it started and she took a deep breath, it was for Oat!!?

She purred lots, she really liked him. It would be strange not having him around as much in the apprentice den. She was really happy for him. Maybe they could go on lots of patrols now that he was about to get his warrior name.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 6 Mar 2024 - 22:13

OATPAWare you going to age with grace?  he/him - windclan apprentice
The mottled tom blinked in surprise, not registering the leader's words at first. Oatpaw... he thought, tilting his head in confusion. Oh! Wait! That's me! He jumped to his feet, chestnut eyes glittering with excitement. Me? Me! I'm getting my warrior name! I'm finally getting my warrior name!

The fluffy feline all but bounded the few foxlengths to the front of the small gathering of cats, beaming as he looked up at Tigerstar. Oatpaw's heart rushed with joy. Me, a warrior... he wondered what his name would be. Would it suit him? Would he like it? He was sure that whatever Tigerstar had decided to name him, it would be perfect. A small tuft of fur stuck out on top of his head, but he was much too excited to bother grooming himself now.

He turned to look at the cats gathered around, and found Rapidpaw's familiar face in the crowd. He purred gently, happy she was here to see him get his name. It would be strange, not seeing her or the other apprentices so much - he thought of Sycamorepaw with a pang - but surely she'd get her name soon. She'd been an apprentice almost as long as he had. Oatpaw blinked at her reassuringly, turning back from the crowd of Clanmates to face his leader. "I do!" He swore sincerely, his maw never once losing its grin. 

Last edited by chicago on Thu 7 Mar 2024 - 3:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 7 Mar 2024 - 2:55

As soon as Tigerstar heard the confirmation from Oatpaw, the leader smiled. The striped tom continued on with the ceremony, ready to name another warrior for their ranks. "Then by the powers of Starclan, I grant you your warrior name. Oatpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Oatfluff. Windclan welcomes your loving and optimistic attitude." With that the leader jumped down to to rest his head upon the new warrior's. A quiet "Congratulations." left the leader before he stepped back to let others join in on the celebration.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 7 Mar 2024 - 21:01

OATFLUFFare you going to age with grace?
he/him - t1 windclan warrior
Oatpaw was practically holding his breath listening to Tigerstar's next words. From this moment on, you will be known as...

His heart almost stopped as he waited to hear his new name. And then there it was. Oatfluff. Fluff. For his fur, for his loving nature. It was...it was perfect. Oatpaw - Oatfluff - had thought a lot about his warrior name, and he had no clue what Tigerstar would choose. Some names, like Sootstorm or Nectarflower - and even Pantherpounce - seemed so obvious to him. But they were cats he'd known practically his entire life. Oatfluff broke into an even bigger grin, somehow, rolling his name around on his tongue. Oatfluff. Oatfluff. It was so right. It fit him perfectly. He blinked slowly as Tigerstar honored him for loving and optimism. Was that how he was known? Sure, he tried his best to make everyone feel comfortable, but in truth, he had no idea what attributes he'd be commended for.

Oatfluff purred, feeling the warmth of Tigerstar's chin on his head, and stepped back with bright, beaming eyes. "Oh, thank you! Thanks, Tigerstar!" He meowed, turning back to his Clanmates. The crowd broke into cheers of his new name, and even though he knew that was the custom from warrior ceremonies he'd attended before, it still felt special.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 9 Mar 2024 - 19:04

Heatherfrost gathered with the rest of the clan, slitted blue eyes raking the clearing as she wondered what today's gathering would be for. The intent was made clear in moments. An incredulous look briefly crossed her features at the thought of Oatpaw becoming a warrior. Sure, he had been waiting for moons, but was the meek tom really ready to bear the title of warrior? Regardless, Tigerstar had already proven himself inadequate when it came to promoting warriors on time.

She watched with the rest and joined the chorus as he was named. Whiskers twitching as she watched Oatfluff's over-enthusiastic display, the warrior rose to her paws and padded past him. Without looking at the tom, her tail touched his coat for a mere second, "Nice warrior name, Oatfluff. I can't wait to see you earn it."
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2850

PostSubject: Re: Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 9 Mar 2024 - 21:45

Rapidpaw purred so happy seeing her close friend get his warrior name.

"OATFLUFF!" she cheered happily, ohhh what a cute and perfect name for him. She ran up to him and purred happily in congratulations.

She flicked her ears hearing her sisters remarks just in time and gave Heatherfrost a confused glance, what happened to her?

She did her best to remain positive and gave Oatfluff the happiest grin she could.

"I cant wait to join you soon!"

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 23:25

OATFLUFFare you going to age with grace?
he/him - t1 windclan warrior
Oatfluff's face lit up as a familiar white shape bounded toward him, purring happily. "Thank you, Rapidpaw! I can't wait, either! You should make your nest beside mine." The tom smiled sweetly, breaking into a purr himself. This was probably one of the best moments of his life. He was a warrior, finally! And all of his friends were here to congratulate him. His tail curled up as he felt a surge of happiness.

And then a familiar molly walked past him and ruined it.  She didn't meet his gaze, but her voice carried just fine. He felt himself stop short, eyes flashing with hurt and confusion where enthusiasm had reigned mere seconds ago. Earn it? He did earn it. Didn't he? Oatfluff's heartbeat quickened, not with excitement this time, but a new burst of panic. His gaze fell back on Tigerstar, who was making his way through the crowd of cats. ...Had he earned it? He'd been an apprentice for a little longer than some of these cats. Had Tigerstar only promoted him out of pity?

Fear wasn't an emotion he was too familiar with, but lately he'd been feeling it quite a bit. Oatfluff turned back to Heatherfrost, wondering why she would say something like that. And was it true? Why would she say anything if it wasn't? Ears pinned back against his head as he looked at her, trying to figure out what he'd done to deserve a comment like that. He'd never heard such venom - not directed toward him, anyway. Anger pulsed in his paws. He'd never been angry before, not like this, but what right did she have to make him feel that way? Before he could stop himself - StarClan forbid he ever think or say something mean - the words were coming out of his mouth, some sneer that was wholly unlike him transforming his maw. "Like you've earned yours?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 21 Mar 2024 - 19:59

Heatherfrost had planned to walk away, leaving him with the remark, but to her surprise snappish words came from the new warrior's mouth. It was so unexpected that her paws stalled for a second. She wasn't sure that Oatfluff was capable of such a thing. Having Rapidpaw join them was, unexpected, further causing her tongue to hesitate. As she turned back, the molly's expression was neutral, giving nothing away despite the fact her blue eyes smoldered. When she spoke, her tone was flat and to the point, "I'll show you how I earned mine sometime. We'll see if you can keep up." With that, the pale-furred warrior turned sharply on her pads and headed for the warrior's den, hoping his nest would be far away from hers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Oatpaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 1