Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6059

with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post] Empty
PostSubject: with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post]   with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post] EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 14:20

i've given up on counting blessings
Leopardstar hadn't taken the news that she was expecting kits particularly well, but she thought she could probably be forgiven for that; given all the stress she was under in every aspect of her life and her role. The first time she'd still had Echomist at her side, and she'd only been deputy then.

If there was a small comfort to be found in the tears that had threatened to fall every day since she moved to the nursery, it was that she was in the nursery; safe and sound in ShadowClan's camp. These kits would be born to the marsh, they would know their home and their place within it from the day they opened their eyes.

She wasn't sure if she was sad that none of them looked too much their father, or if she was somehow relieved.

Smokeykit resembled his namesake well, all grey and white like smoke come to life. She could only hope with all her heart that he would burn long and bright.

Spiderkit's fur was dark, and watching his small form crawl about reminded her of long nights spent watching the little creatures do the same.

Cardinalkit, meanwhile, was reddish-brown and black and white, and her name reflected the darker colors. They brought to mind the birds that she had sometimes seen in the trees near the edge of the marsh, toward Highpine.

Briarkit's mismatched patches of striped tabby fur, marked with smaller patches of white, had been met with the amused thought of briar patch; and the pattern that marked her fur reminded her of their thorns.

Webkit looked similar to Leopardstar herself, if in a lighter shade--silver, really, rather than gray. But the spots and stripes seemed to mirror her own. It was that silver color that earned her her name, so reminiscent of the way intricately woven spiderwebs sometimes seemed to glow under the moonlight.

Regardless of their appearance, regardless of their names, regardless of the fact that they would never know Echomist outside of the stories she told them, she loved them deeply and fiercely. She loved them with the knowledge that she did not deserve the blessing that was their existence, and that she would strive to be worthy of them for the rest of her life.

"I love you," she told them, every single day. Intent on making sure they would never forget. "More than anything in the world. More than there are stars in the sky."

She couldn't give them the world, couldn't make sure that they never suffered any hardship, but she could try. She could make sure that they were loved, and that they knew it.

She had told them stories of their father, of the siblings they wouldn't get to meet, and of herself and the ones they would get to know. Not the bloody, bitter endings--they didn't need to hear those, not when they were still young and innocent--but they deserved to know the rest of their family, too.

I will do all that I can for you. Now and forever, for as long as I walk this earth; everything I do will, in some way, be for you.

She nudged each of them gently.

This time... This time, I'll do better.

I'll do right by you. I swear it.

the gods can judge me when i'm dead || code (c) kieer

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1

Last edited by Holly on Sat 23 Mar 2024 - 10:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kari
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 909

with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post] Empty
PostSubject: Re: with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post]   with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post] EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 15:02

Webkit was dreaming rather fitfully. Not that she was having bad dreams per say, she was just a very rowdy sleeper, kicking and wiggling in her sleep. That is until a gentle nudge from her her very warm mother jolted her awake and she popped to her paws as if frog coded. Eyes wide, she stared at Leopardstar's pretty face for a long moment before turning her gaze to the first fuzzy sibling-shaped lump she spotted and tackling them teeth-first. Poor Briarkit didn't stand a chance.

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post] QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post]   with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post] EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 15:37

Briarkit was curled into a ball of multicolored fur, the warmth of her mother and siblings beside the kit keeping her drowsy despite having been awake for a little bit, a soft, contented purr rumbling in her chest.

"Mom?" Briarkit mumbled sleepily, head lifting to blink bleary green eyes up at her mother, a yawn escaping her.

Only for her to let out a squeak as one of her littermates barreled into her. "Hey!" She yelped, tiredness suddenly forgotten as she startled, swiping a sheathed paw reflexively at Webkit, "You could've let me wake up first."

Brackenwing WC T5 Elder [65 / 130 *] #702fd8
Wolfstar SkC T5 Leader [80 / 170] #a0c8e6
Swandive RC T3 Warrior [50 / 120] #0881ab
Briarpaw SC Apprentice [20 / 60] #867b6b
Honeykit SkC Kit [10 / 30] #ff4732
Cloudkit [Bonus] WC Kit [10 / 30] #a45ee9
Stoneheart [Perma NPC] SkC T5 Warrior [70 / 160] #616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : Living - [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit, [F] Foxkit
Clan/Rank : [O] T3 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit, [F] WindClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 221

PostSubject: Re: with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post]   with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post] EmptySat 2 Mar 2024 - 22:48

SMOKEYKITi need you so much closer . . .
tom - shadowclan kit - 0 moons
Smokeykit blinked his eyes open, breaking into a  yawn as he scooted closer to his mom. He felt perfectly at peace, curled up close to Leopardstar's belly with his body curled tight around Spiderkit. Cardinalkit was beside him, the three dozing kits a sleepy bundle of dark grey, white, and russet. He blinked his warm blue eyes fondly at the littermates beside him, then cast a disapproving glance toward the other two. His eyes narrowed. He didn't quite have the words to insult them yet, but if he did, he might've called them mousebrains. He shook his head without a word, then lay his head back down on Spiderkit's back, watching Briarkit and Webkit silently.

"Could you guys settle down?" He squeaked, glaring at them with stern blue eyes and feeling a wave of protection over Leopardstar. As though she needed more to worry about with those two rough-housing. Then Smokeykit turned back to that warm, gentle cat that he called mom, his gaze softening as he looked at her with a soft, eager gaze. "Mama," he began. "Can you tell us more about Echo...Echomist?" The dark grey kitten asked, his voice filled with awe. He may not ever know his father, but from the way Leopardstar spoke of him, he wished he could've met him before the great tom died. She had already told them so many stories. Still, he was eager to hear more. With his dad gone, Smokeykit vowed to try his best to live up to his image. To be the warrior his father had been.

Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalpaw, deerkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc apprentice, wc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 999

PostSubject: Re: with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post]   with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post] EmptyThu 7 Mar 2024 - 19:22

All Hail ShadowClan's Resident Slytherin
cardinalkit
i forgave you for breaking me down and treading on me.
Cardinalkit was grateful for the calmness that Smokeykit and Spiderkit conducted as they rested beside each other. Briarkit and Webkit, however, were quick to disrupt the serenity. She couldn't help but be a bit annoyed. Although she had never truly been mad at her littermates, it wasn't her fault if all she wanted was a bit of peace and quiet every now and then. The nursery was already ridiculously crowded with both queens and kits.

"Stop shoving! The rest of us can feel it, y'know!" She murmured in Webkit's direction before curling back up again and making sure that she had an ear slightly pricked just in case their mother did decide to talk about Echomist.
too bad you lost your last chance.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalpaw sc app 』
deerkit wc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6059

PostSubject: Re: with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post]   with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post] EmptyWed 3 Apr 2024 - 10:33

i've given up on counting blessings
Of course, no moment of peace could last for an eternity; and it seemed that her affectionate nudging had caused them each to stir. Kits were creatures of mischief, something she knew all too well, and based on her prior experience they were often quick to start fighting with their littermates.

"Settle down, all of you," she instructed. "Webkit, stop assaulting your sister."

Smokeykit's words reached her a moment later, and she flicked one ear in acknowledgement.

"Have I already told you the story of the day we really got to know one another? It was when we were still apprentices."
the gods can judge me when i'm dead || code (c) kieer

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post]   with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post] Empty

Back to top Go down

with every heartbeat i have left, i will defend your every breath [open after the kits post]
Page 1 of 1