Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

tell me, does it hurt? [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6736

tell me, does it hurt? [c] Empty
PostSubject: tell me, does it hurt? [c]   tell me, does it hurt? [c] EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 3:13 pm

The tension in Heatherpaw's shoulders hardly released as she padded along the moorlands with Stoatpaw. It had been sometime since the pair of siblings had found themselves on a similar task. Apprenticeship had kept them busy. She felt more agitated with the associated grunt work, something she detested all the more knowing that their littermate already resided in the warrior's den.

Moments like these she remembered how fanciful dreams of this life had been as a kit. She couldn't wait to serve the clan, and yet, some deeply rooted part of her missed when it could be some glorious ideal as her and the rest of the kits tussled at Fennelbreeze's belly. Casting a quick glance to her brother, Heatherpaw disappeared into the snow-covered earth. The tunnels weren't used often but staying near the fringes allowed chances for easy hunting.

While her tongue wanted to work of it's own accord, Heatherpaw stayed silent and bit back the complaints mounted there. If her were to ask, the other apprentice was certain to get and earful. Instead, she opted for something simple for the time being, "We should probably hurry beforeit gets any later."

tell me, does it hurt? [c] Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Grohiik

Grohiik

Characters : Mallowpaw[skc]; Stoatpaw[wc]; Batpaw[shc] --Copper was here <3
Number of posts : 288

PostSubject: Re: tell me, does it hurt? [c]   tell me, does it hurt? [c] EmptySun 03 Mar 2024, 9:51 pm

STOATPAW
Heatherpaw didn't know it, but Stoatpaw longed for those days as well. Tussling with his siblings at Fennelbreeze's belly was where his fondest memories lie. He was close with everyone at that time, practically inseparable and Sootstorm had actually paid attention to him back then, made time for him, and didn't just leave him behind in the dust. Things had been so much easier when they were kits and now that they were on the proper path to be WindClan warriors, things were impossibly different. Would it ever be how it used to be again or were those days too far gone?

At least Heatherpaw was with him. Heatherpaw was already doing much more than any of their other family was. She's spending time with me. Deep down, that was all Stoatpaw ever wanted. He just wanted his family, and longed for a connection with his blood. He respected Galestorm so much and part of it was because the warrior shared a genuine bond with his sister, Cloudygaze. As he followed behind Heatherpaw he wondered if they would ever be like that someday. "I don't see the point in rushing, honestly. WindClan will be happy that we bring back prey for them."

He squeezed in beside his sister as they neared the mouth of the tunnel. Distant as they may be as of late, there were some things that he'd always be able to notice with her and he chalked that up to the fact that they were related and had grown up together. That was to say that her tense form was all too visible to Stoatpaw. Sure, he had no idea what she was going through, but he could at least tell that something was bothering the molly. "I think you could use a break from there anyhow. We won't be catching any prey if you stay stiff like this all day, sister. What's eating at your pelt? Or who? I'll claw their ears off for ya."

mallowkit #4c0d26
tell me, does it hurt? [c] Ezgif_10
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: tell me, does it hurt? [c]   tell me, does it hurt? [c] EmptyTue 05 Mar 2024, 5:01 pm

"Windclan will be happy either way, but I'm sure Sootstorm and Tigerstar prefer their hunting patrols to be timely." The apprentice quipped back, tense measures of bitterness in her voice. Cool dirt sprinkled onto her pelt as she was swallowed by the earth. Life underneath the moorland was quiet, more peaceful, and sometimes she wondered why the clan didn't fully utilize the tunnels more often. The answer, at least to her, came quickly as she shook out her coat. In no time at all she would be looking like a ragged mole. Heatherpaw wanted to growl at the thought but pushed it away for the time being.

Instead, her eyes peered through the darkness, ears perked as she measured her steps and made sure to keep track of how close they were. She wasn't sure if her father would be upset or proud of his kits for rooting about beneath the surface. The pale-furred apprentice glanced back over her shoulder to make out the outline of Stoatpaw. Did he notice the way in which she referred to their kin, as if he was no more than their deputy? Some might have taken it as a matter of respect, and while she loved and respected Sootstorm dearly, she couldn't help but feel the ways in which he had become more leadership than kin.

Ah. There it is. Her brother's voice was stifled slightly by the soft earth and she whipped around, perking her ears as the thought of hunting was abandoned. He was right after all, what hunting could be done with shoulders as tense as hers. The response started with a snort, "You going to take on Tigerstar for me? I'd love to see that fight." Despite her soured attitude, the words were light and teasing in nature. Heatherpaw appreciated the support of her littermate and given their relationship felt he was one of the cats she could speak genuinely with rather than staying guarded behind a mask of pleasantries or fierce outward judgement.

"I'm sick of being treated like I'm not better than a kit. No matter how hard I train or work for the clan, I've had to sit in the apprentice's den while Crakeburn gets a warrior's name for wandering into an enemy cat." The admission sounded ludicrous out loud and she almost wanted to swallow back the jealous words, "It's like Tigerstar doesn't even see me when our littermate's wild blows impress him so easily. Sootstorm could have at least said something. Instead I'm stuck as a -paw and left collecting bedding, clearing nests, and tending to elders for... Starclan knows how long. If I were to talk to Sootstorm he'd probably just repeat what he did when we were kits. 'All in due time'. Like that does anything."

Back to top Go down
Grohiik

Grohiik

PostSubject: Re: tell me, does it hurt? [c]   tell me, does it hurt? [c] EmptyTue 05 Mar 2024, 5:41 pm

STOATPAW
Stoatpaw swore he'd never heard another cat make more sense than his sister did in these last few moments. Every word he found himself agreeing with. Especially her jealousy towards Crakeburn. Stoatpaw had harbored jealousy towards all of his siblings for a while; he had been the last to be apprenticed and he'd seen the concern in Sootstorm's eyes when he was younger. Surely his father believed he was incapable, had doubts about his strength, his abilities, his own son overall.

Stoatpaw had to watch as his siblings kept learning without him, moving through their lives as though he didn't exist. Crakeburn especially, who had been reluctant to share the details regarding why she was receiving her warrior name so early. It hurt to be left behind. It still hurt now, but at least Heatherpaw was making an effort to maintain their bond.

"I'd do anything for you, Heatherpaw." He croaked out quietly after she had finished. If she asked him to fight Tigerstar, Stoatpaw absolutely would. He'd especially fight Sootstorm. "I get it, though. I'm not just spewing mousedung either, I really, honest to StarClan, get it." How honest could he be with her?

As honest as she was.

"I never really felt like any cat cared for who I was. Not even Sootstorm. I'm his apprentice and he won't even make time for me anymore. He took on Dandelionpaw, too - how's he supposed to handle Dandelionpaw when he can barely train me?" He fell behind Heatherpaw as the tunnels grew tighter around them. "He's supposed to be our father and he just feels like another warrior. I feel like... I feel like we're all in different Clans, even though we sleep in the same dens, hunt in the same territory and work on the same camp. Sometimes I feel like I'm just a passing rogue. I wanted to be like Sootstorm and Tigerstar one day, but now I see that they just want cats that make stupid choices. They just... They don't see how great you are."

He was rambling, and he was aware, but he desperately hoped that his sister understood him. He was trying to sympathize and in his attempt to, spilled out how he was feeling about everything too. Maybe it would help her, though, to know that she wasn't alone and that he was hurting too. "I'm sorry things haven't been fair for us."

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: tell me, does it hurt? [c]   tell me, does it hurt? [c] EmptyFri 08 Mar 2024, 3:55 pm

Between the pressing walls of the tunnels, Heatherpaw felt abnormally comfortable despite how much her pelt itched. It was freeing to admit the things that weight on her chest, a feat near impossible to imagine given how guarded the she-cat was. However, here, there were no scorching eyes or straining ears. Here, there was just the support of Stoatpaw. A sense of relief washed over her at his own admission, one that mirrored her own and only further added to the security she felt in this moment. The realization was coupled with guilt, notcing how distant she'd become from her own brother.

"You're great too, Stoatpaw." She declared after a brief pause, letting his words settle in the air. There was a particular tension in the air, of her own design, as she weighed what to say next. Heatherpaw wasn't known for her deep emotional intuition but rather a fierce devotion and drive. Family was important to her, kin above all else. Her ear flicked, a motion that likely went unnoticed in the dark as she leaned closer to her sibling, "You're great too and no cat, not even da-, not even Sootstorm can take that away from you."

The boiling in her veins was for more than just herself, it now churned and writhed for her brother as well, who felt just as passed over as she did. Her feathery tail flicked his pelt in a show of reassurance. Even if the rest of their kin felt far away at times, they had each other. Determination lit her eyes as she decided it was only fair to show those who looked down on her and Stoatpaw what they were capable of, "We'll make the best of it. We will show them the type of warriors we are." Heatherpaw's meow was decisive. They could train together, hone their claws. Soon, the clan would see the great warriors in their midst.

Back to top Go down
Grohiik

Grohiik

PostSubject: Re: tell me, does it hurt? [c]   tell me, does it hurt? [c] EmptySat 09 Mar 2024, 9:05 am

STOATPAW
Stoatpaw caught it this time - the stutter, the hesitation, and the decision not to call Sootstorm their father. He was not the only one doing this, was he? Did the others feel this way? Likely not; Crakeburn was probably closer to their parents than any cat was. As his sister leaned closer to speak to him, he let his tongue rasp against her cheek in a rare show of affection.

He was not as touchy as Rapidpaw or as open about his feelings as any of their other siblings, but he cared. If his sisters asked for the world, Stoatpaw would give it to them as long as it didn't do anything to put the Clan in danger. "We'll be better than Sootstorm." He mewed firmly. "We'll be better than every cat in the Clan, Heatherpaw. They don't know what's comin'."

A short pause again, where Stoatpaw was pondering something. It was strange to hear his sibling struggle to address Sootstorm as their father, but... He did the same thing. "Do you ever miss calling him... Something other than Sootstorm? Are you mad at him too?"

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: tell me, does it hurt? [c]   tell me, does it hurt? [c] EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 9:27 pm

Heatherpaw hadn't thought about the way in which she had become physically distance from her siblings alongside the emotional distance. It dawned on her as Stoatpaw's tongue rasped affectionately against her cheek. A purr of familiarity, comfort, rumbled in her chest. The contented noise had become rarer as the days passed, often left out for a cold indifference towards most cats. Regardless, her undying loyalty for her kin had not died away so easily. Even as she contemplated jealousy, bitterness, and frustration.

She peered at him through the darkness, pride blossoming in her chest at the determination in her brother's voice. His enthusiasm filled her own. Claws flexed into the soft earth, churning it up in a comforting manner, rather than in anguish. At the question, she shrugged. Did she miss it? Heatherpaw had never really quite thought about that. Maybe sometimes she did but not often. Was that a bad thing? Her tail flicked, almost unwilling to be honest, despite the trust flowing between kin within these tunnels, "I mean, he's are deputy before our father. That's his duty. It's just the way things are."

Back to top Go down
Grohiik

Grohiik

PostSubject: Re: tell me, does it hurt? [c]   tell me, does it hurt? [c] EmptyTue 02 Apr 2024, 10:22 am

STOATPAW
He's our deputy before our father.
That didn't sound like a no. It sounded more like acceptance of what they had become. They were not father, and son, and daughter; they were deputy and warriors. They were just simply Clanmates, cats of the same Clan that happened to be related. He took a moment to respond, listening to the sound of their paws against the sound of the tunnel floor, lightly thudding in unison.

"Yeah." He mumbled softly. "Okay." He offered his own acceptance, albeit reluctantly. There was nothing he could do - this was just the way things were now and would likely always be. Stoatpaw flashed her a shy smile before quickly looking away. They were on a hunting patrol - it was better to hunt and take his mind off of everything than continue to let his mind wander on what they'd become. Parting his jaws, he let the musky scents of the tunnel fill his senses. Rabbit scent? "Think there might be a warren nearby." He whispered, letting his senses guide him around a bend. Lowering his body drop low to the ground, he prowled forward.

A group of rabbits for sure. He launched himself forward, a bit blindly. A shrill cry was ripped from the rodent when his claws sunk into it, but was promptly cut short when his teeth found a hold in its spine.

Stoatpaw is attempting to hunt a rabbit! It was successful.

Last edited by Grohiik on Tue 02 Apr 2024, 10:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15020

PostSubject: Re: tell me, does it hurt? [c]   tell me, does it hurt? [c] EmptyTue 02 Apr 2024, 10:22 am

The member 'Grohiik' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

tell me, does it hurt? [c] Mistpe10
tell me, does it hurt? [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: tell me, does it hurt? [c]   tell me, does it hurt? [c] EmptyThu 11 Apr 2024, 5:17 pm

A soft frown flickered across her maw as she noticed the resignation in her littermate's voice. Perhaps, beneath all the simple acceptance of the natural order of things, there was longing for the days of deeper familial bonds. Heatherpaw blinked away the thought as she kept close to Stoatpaw. Her maw parted to taste the air as she nodded in agreement. Not a moment later, there was a quick thudding of paws, as he quickly dispatched the approaching rabbit. She wanted to congratulate him on such a flawless catch, a true display of his skill as a hunter, however, there quickly came another erratic thumping. A warren meant multiple rabbits.

At least, that was what she assumed. Instead, the pawsteps were lighter and faster. There was a flash in her peripheral vision as something shot past the she-cat. Heatherpaw tried to pull away only to realize her tail was being yanked into place. With a hiss she whirled around in an attempt to batter away the enraged creature, "Stoatpaw! Fox. Looks like we weren't the only ones looking to take advantage of this warren."

Heatherpaw attempted to catch a rabbit. It is.... unsuccessful. [-3sp] A Weasel has appeared!
Weasel uses Gripping Bite, dealing 7 damage and using 15 stamina. Weasel is hanging onto Heatherpaw's tail for two turns.

Heatherpaw
HP: 13/20
SP: 57/60

Weasel
HP: 20/20
SP: 120/135

Last edited by Ripped on Thu 11 Apr 2024, 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15020

PostSubject: Re: tell me, does it hurt? [c]   tell me, does it hurt? [c] EmptyThu 11 Apr 2024, 5:17 pm

The member 'Ripped' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

tell me, does it hurt? [c] Mistpe10
tell me, does it hurt? [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Grohiik

Grohiik

PostSubject: Re: tell me, does it hurt? [c]   tell me, does it hurt? [c] EmptyMon 15 Apr 2024, 8:25 pm

STOATPAW
A frustrated growl rumbled in his chest. He couldn't get a moment of peace, could he? Nothing would go right, would it? He couldn't train with his father, his connections with his siblings felt strained, he couldn't even hunt without something happening and...

Great StarClan, that foxing weasel had its fangs in his sister! He let out a fierce caterwaul and lunged into battle.

Stoatpaw used Front Paw Strike, costing 7 SP and doing 6 damage!
Stoatpaw
HP: 20/20
SP: 53/60 [-7]

Heatherpaw
HP: 13/20
SP: 57/60

Weasel
HP: 14/20 [-6]
SP: 120/135
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content