Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Confidantes and Confessions (c)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 698

Confidantes and Confessions (c) Empty
PostSubject: Confidantes and Confessions (c)   Confidantes and Confessions (c) EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 16:57

Honeydew

Shafts of pale dawn light clawed its way through the canopy, washing the medicine den with pink and gold hues. The colors reached in, raking her pelt as Honeydew blinked open her pale blue eyes. It would have been beautiful, had the young warrior not been in so much pain.

Her memories blurred together with fever dreams as Honeydew attempted to recall the events of the battle. Her mind felt foggy, her muscles stiff, her body weighed down. Without lifting her head, she glanced around the den, assessing where she was. The medicine den. Colorful little flowers dotted the den, and as Honeydew inhaled, she could smell the strong, sharp tang of herb scent. It was all around and enveloped her body.

A memory suddenly surfaced - the feeling of claws slicing down her flank, and the scent of blood spilling over the forest floor. The screech of distant cats tangled together in a vicious battle. Everything began to flow back at once, and Honeydew flinched. So much violence, blood, and death. Beechfang was dead, but that wasn't enough to end the battle. Honeydew remembered just before her own fight was about to draw to a close, the look of horror that presented over the silver warrior's features, gasping at something over Honeydew's shoulder. She had turned just in time to watch Sunfire attack a poor medicine cat.

That's when the memories began to blur together.

I thought I was dying, Honeydew recalled. She tried to reach out her limbs to stretch, and cried out when a sharp pain wracked through her body. She let out a low groan. "Someone... I need more herbs, please," she mewed quietly, nearly a whisper. "It hurts." She was vaguely aware of other bodies in the nests around her, but couldn't decipher the individual scents through the herbs. Is Sunfire in here right now? she wondered.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 974

PostSubject: Re: Confidantes and Confessions (c)   Confidantes and Confessions (c) EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 19:24

All Hail SkyClan's Resident Disney Princess
thymelight
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing.
It wasn’t easy. Being constantly surrounded by the helpless bodies of her injured Clanmates as they laid in nests to await healing took a toll on Thymelight. The one body that had particularly troubled her was Honeydew’s. The sun had set three times since that fateful, vicious day by the river, and although her friend had woken up from her unconscious state a while ago, she was still concerned about the warrior’s health. The poultices that the medicine cat had carefully applied to her wounds had allowed her injuries to slightly heal with the gift of time, but none of it would matter if she was never able to leave the medicine den. Thymelight constantly checked the warrior closely to ensure she was still breathing, and would say a silent thank you when the soft rising and falling of Honeydew’s flank acted as a sign of life.

The she-cat had her back turned when Honeydew stirred. It seemed that her paws were always busy these days, but she didn’t mind it. Her job was to always be occupied with something, whether it was collecting herbs or tending to her Clanmates. Being a medicine cat was emotionally taxing, but it was her calling, and she knew that she would choose this life over the path of a warrior if she ever had to make a decision again. The familiar voice of her friend sounded like a dream in her mind at first. Perhaps she was hallucinating sounds now in order to cope with the copious amounts of stress. Thymelight shuddered at the thought. Certainly Clan life wasn’t so terrible to her that it would turn her insane, right? The bi-colored molly turned her head back before gasping when her yellow eyes met a pair of blue ones.
“Oh my gosh… hold on just a second, Honeydew!” Thymelight breathed out in shock before looking back toward her herb stash.

She was by her friend’s side in a matter of moments with herbs wrapped in a bundle including burdock root, chamomile, and dock. The medicine cat nudged them toward her friend, urging her to eat them to help with the pain and calm her down. “I’m so glad you’re awake, Honeydew… do you remember anything? Oh, stars. Please tell me you didn’t lose your memory. I don’t think I know how to treat that!” Thymelight found herself beginning to panic as she spoke to Honeydew. However, the smallest voice in the back of her mind told her that maybe it would be a blessing to forget about the events of the battle.

the dream that you wish will come true.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: Confidantes and Confessions (c)   Confidantes and Confessions (c) EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 22:30

Bubblebeam couldn't sleep all night. Something about the nighttime, despite moonlight leaking in through the warirors' den entrance, was creeping up her spine. And she didn't get to sleep with her siblings anymore. Thymelight and Hemlockfox were both in the warriors' den, and Sorrelpaw and Ploverpaw were still apprentices together. Usually she slept near Honeydew, but.... The gray she-cat shivered uncomfortably, curling up as small as she could in her nest and trying not to look at the empty one nearby. Honey was in the medicine den tonight, too. After the fight... She'd come home covered in so much blood, breathing so shallow. What if she didn't wake up? What would happen? Her soft tail, wrapped over her mouth, muffled the whimper that emitted. There was no rest with such thoughts pressing her down. And so she tossed and turned, all night.

Once morning broke she nearly ran out of the den. Duties forgotten, warrior responsibilities ignored. As quickly as she could she made her way to the medicine den. Thymelight. Honeydew. Her sister, her best friend. Both who had been at the battle; both who had been impacted, either mentally or physically or both by what they saw. Bubblebeam hated how sickeningly grateful she was that she hadn't been there. It should've been her instead. It shouldn't have had to be either of them... but she wished it was none of them. Even remembering the blood from yesterday made her want to retch. Right before the entrance of the den she stopped to take in a deep breath. Compose yourself. On the off chance that Honeydew was still injured, she didn't want to make everyone feel worse by freaking out at the stench of blood. Breathe in... breathe out... walk in.

"Hey, Thymelight? I came to see if I could help, if I..." She stopped. There in front of her--Honeydew, lying in a nest, covered in herbal poultices. Thymelight at her side speaking words in a quiet mixture of relief and panic that struck straight at Bubblebeam's heart. Quickly the gray she-cat rushed over to join them. "Oh, Honeydew! Honeydew, thank the stars." Her eyes were open. Briefly, Bubblebeam pressed her nose into the side of her friend's fur, carefully avoiding the injuries. There were so many... Who had scratched her up like this? And had she scratched them, too? No, no, no. She couldn't think about that. She shook her head and looked up at Thymelight instead. "If... If I can help, please tell me. I want to help Honeydew feel better again." Concerned pale-green eyes looked down at the injured she-cat again. "Are you okay? Do you feel all right? A little better, maybe? Sorry, sorry, Thymelight's already asking. This probably isn't helping. I was just so worried."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Confidantes and Confessions (c)   Confidantes and Confessions (c) EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 12:01

Honeydew

With a shaky sigh of relief, Honeydew began to chew and swallow the strong-tasting, bitter herbs.
"Thank you, Thymelight," she mewed, "I didn't lose my memory, no worries," she added quickly to console her friend. Despite her pain, she couldn't keep her whiskers from twitching. "I appreciate you - both of you," she added, leaning into Bubblebeam's gesture. "It hurts a lot," she admitted, "but I'm alive..." Honeydew's eyes slid past her friends as her mind was filled once more with all the memories of battle. "...thanks to Silverdusk." The young Thunderclan she-cat had spared her life, when so many others were brutally killed.

"Though," she spoke softly and slowly as she remembered Sunfire's cruelty, "A part of me wishes I did lose my memory." She laid her head on the side of her nest, sadness mixing with pain in her blue eyes. She released a heavy sigh as the herbs began to kick in, dulling her pain gradually.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Confidantes and Confessions (c)   Confidantes and Confessions (c) EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024 - 13:04

thymelight
Another familiar voice reached Thymelight’s ears. She lifted her head as Bubblebeam bursted in and headed to their side, concern and worry coloring her voice. “I think the best thing we can do for Honeydew right now is be there for her.” She told her sister sadly, glancing down at the wounds on their friend that laid in the nest below. Herbs helped, but wounds took time and love to properly heal. She relaxed a bit once Honeydew confirmed that her memory was still intact, but she was still a bit on edge. How long would it take for the three of them to truly be able to breathe again?

Silverdusk… who was that? Thymelight’s memory went back to the silver ThunderClan cat that had carried Honeydew to her once the battle had neared its conclusion. That must have been their name. She wasn’t quite sure how she felt about ThunderClan and RiverClan’s ranks right now, but she still appreciated that they had practically saved her dear friend’s life. Thymelight met the warrior’s eyes for a brief moment as she spoke, and she could tell that they were both thinking of the same cat at that moment. She wasn’t sure if she still felt ashamed for what she had whispered under her breath to Sunfire during the battle. He was her Clanmate after all, and she didn’t particularly enjoy hating anyone. It was exhausting. Love was far easier, but whenever she looked at the tom all she felt was a white hot ball of fire in her chest. If there was anything that she did feel guilty for, it was for disliking Sunfire but loving his daughters.

Bubblebeam deserved to know… but how would she react? How would Thymelight be able to tell her about her father’s actions? Every cat deserved to have role models as parents, but that wasn’t what this was shaping up to be.
“I think I know what- well, who you’re talking about.” She told Honeydew before looking up to meet her sister’s eyes sadly. “We should tell you what happened that day, but… it involves your father.”

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Confidantes and Confessions (c)   Confidantes and Confessions (c) EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024 - 17:55

Hearing Honeydew speak again--even shakily, with exhaustion--helped soothe the prickling of Bubblebeam's pelt. She was okay. She was going to recover. She was okay. Letting out a trembling sigh, the young warrior settled down next to her sister and her friend, listening closely. "I'm glad you're alive," she said quietly. "Really, really glad. Whoever Silverdusk is... I'm grateful for them." Not a cat she'd heard of before, not a Clanmate, so... an enemy during the war? A ThunderClan or RiverClan cat had helped Honeydew in the battle? Strange. With all the words exchanged in camp, all the roars from her father and growls from Falconmoon and Stormwatcher, she'd heard them called everything from rats to bloodthirsty murderers... and one of them had killed Great-Aunt Bird. But, maybe they were just cats, just like the rest of them. Maybe her father had just seen things?

As if her thinking about him had summoned him into the conversation, Thymelight suddenly turned to her with a light of concern in her eyes. Something that happened? Something that involved Sunfire? A heavy sensation grew in the pit of Bubblebeam's stomach. "Wh-what do you mean? I... I don't know a lot about the battle, except that Beechfang and... and Great-Aunt Bird were killed. And apparently, some cat named Silverdusk helped you out." Here her gaze transferred to Honeydew, searching for some kind of explanation. "I know there was a lot of yelling in camp, but I couldn't make any of it out. It was just... too loud." The memory of that afternoon still prickled uncomfortably in her mind, screams and the scent of blood causing an impending headache. She winced and looked away, back at Thymelight. "What are you talking about? What about my father?" Maybe she should just walk out of the medicine den right now. Choose ignorance. Some part of her didn't want to hear it, wanted to hold onto her kithood self that hero-worshipped Sunfire and everything he did. But... that part of her had been shrinking for quite some time now. She hadn't called him by his kithood nickname for moons. Since... since the patrol. Since he hadn't helped her. Since he'd stopped looking at her. Discomfort encroached from all sides, but Bubblebeam tried to sit up straight. For once, she wouldn't be a coward. For once, she wouldn't run away. Whatever it was... she had to know. She trusted her sister Thyme and her friend Honeydew. "...Tell me."

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Confidantes and Confessions (c)   Confidantes and Confessions (c) EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 9:47

Honeydew

Honeydew hesitated, seeing the mixture of emotions cross Bubblebeam's face at the mention of Sunfire. She would believe us, right? she wondered, glancing at Thymelight. She has to believe it if we both tell her it's true. But Honeydew felt ice cold claws rake her stomach at the thought of hurting her best friend's feelings. How would I feel if someone spoke about Falconmoon doing something like that? Her eyes narrowed. Given they were brothers... I guess it might not be so surprising, she thought, remembering her father's intense, murderous expression before the battle.

"Sunfire was like another cat that day," Honeydew admitted finally. "And at one point in the battle... While I was fighting Silverdusk, she suddenly called my attention to what was happening over my shoulder. When I turned to look, Sunfire was running straight for RiverClan's medicine cat, Littlesplash. He was barely larger than an apprentice, and Sunfire..." she broke off, swallowing back her horrified anger. "He viciously attacked an innocent medicine cat, Bubblebeam - out of nowhere - and I'm sure he would have killed him, if given the chance." Honeydew met her friend's eyes as she spoke, hoping to convey the seriousness and honesty of the event. "Another brave warrior threw himself into the fight and separated the two, at the cost of his own life... but I worry for Littlesplash." Honeydew wanted to restrain her anger towards Sunfire. Bubblebeam didn't need to see that right now. This was a time for sincerity and sensitivity.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Confidantes and Confessions (c)   Confidantes and Confessions (c) EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 23:00

thymelight
Thymelight guiltily glanced down at her paws as Honeydew spoke. Listening to her friend’s words and thinking back on Sunfire’s actions angered her once again, but she kept a level expression as she continued to look downward.
“Honeydew is right… and I know that my loyalty is supposed to lie with SkyClan alone, but I healed Littlesplash by the river so that he wouldn’t die. We’re both medicine cats… it was the most honorable thing that I could think of doing. That’s one of the reasons why Sunfire snapped when the battle patrol returned to camp. I just couldn’t help but wonder what the other medicine cats would’ve done if I was the one that had been attacked, and how grateful I would’ve been if they would’ve saved my life.” Her voice trembled slightly as she finally looked up once again to look Bubblebeam in the eyes. Despite the sharp words that had been hurled at her when they had made their way home from the battlefield, Thymelight had no regrets for helping Littlesplash. No cat had deserved to die that day, but the she-cat would never have thought to heal any of the rival’s warriors. Medicine cats had a certain type of “immunity” granted by the code that warriors didn’t have, and so she had reacted differently.

“I also worry for Littlesplash. I hope he’s alright…” She agreed, nodding her head slowly and thoughtfully.
There was a slight pang in the molly’s heart. “I’m so sorry if any of this news is distressing to you, Bubblebeam. I know this must be less than ideal to hear.”

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Confidantes and Confessions (c)   Confidantes and Confessions (c) EmptySat 2 Mar 2024 - 13:07

The fight-or-flight instinct, the desire to turn tail and run, kept pricking at Bubblebeam even as she did her best to sit still and listen. But she couldn't shake the sense of wrongness that crept up her spine, the sour worry in her stomach, the suspicion that whatever they had to say, she wouldn't like it. She had to stay, though. She had to listen. In this, at least... she would not be a coward. And yet the words they said felt like physical blows she had to wince away from.

"He viciously attacked an innocent medicine cat, Bubblebeam - out of nowhere - and I'm sure he would have killed him, if given the chance."

He... what?

She'd never understood battle, never understood the rage that took hold of cats as they fought and sparred with each other. The only time she'd ever been in a fight, it had been all she could do to defend herself, and even then she'd been torn to scarlet shreds. Sunfire had been there, then, too... but she hadn't been able to see him, with blood from the wound dripping into her eye. All she'd known was that he hadn't come to save her. So she had no experience to contrast Honeydew's words with. But that day--when he'd come back. The red on his fangs. The light in his eyes, that dangerous gleam directed at anyone who stood in his way. Bubblebeam didn't have trouble believing it... and that, somehow, was almost worse than the fact he'd actually done it. Actually attacked a medicine cat, actually killed a cat who got in his way. A non-combatant and someone trying to defend them. This was why the other Clans hated SkyClan, wasn't it? Because of cats like her... father. The images that Honeydew and Thymelight painted sent an irrepressible shudder down her spine. Her father. Killed a cat. Her father. Attacked a medicine cat. Her father. The labels didn't go together, didn't mesh, but she believed it. She couldn't deny it.

Bubblebeam's ears pinned back against her head. Her head swirled with images of that day when they'd returned, with how Sunfire had looked. Her father. Her father. She was related to a murderer, to a cat who tried to break the code and saw nothing wrong with it. "I... he..." What was she supposed to say to it? How was she supposed to react? She felt like she was going to throw up. Instead, her pale green eyes darted between Thymelight and Honeydew. "Does... does Wolfblossom know?" she found herself whispering. "Does she care? Is she going to do anything at all?" She loved her grandmother, but... How long would she excuse these things, turn a blind eye to violence around her just because it had not happened to her personally? How long would Bubblebeam ignore the things her Clanmates did just because she hadn't gone to battle? But, she had. The ugly scar on her face, the aching wounds that took so long to heal on her belly, all consequences from the actions of Sunfire. Her father. No one had cared about that, either. Nothing had happened. And now the screams, the deaths, Great-Aunt Bird... stars, had Great-Aunt Bird been like them, too? One of them? Bubblebeam let out a deep, shuddering breath as her love for her Clan began to shatter into sharp fragments, cutting into her chest.

"This is why we went to war... this is why you got hurt, Honeydew. For the death of a medicine cat. And Sunfire was just going to, what? Do it again? Keep the cycle of violence?" Her voice, past the sharp inhalations that attempted to calm herself down, sounded strained. "This is why they hate us. This is why I can't walk near the river anymore without worrying that I'll be attacked. Why can't things just be peaceful? We used to be friends with ThunderClan and RiverClan, right? Cats like Sunfire are why--no, Sunfire himself is why I..." Bubblebeam didn't want to bring up the scar. They'd been kind enough not to care about it; the last thing she wanted was a reminder of how it permanently marred her face. But, Birdstar's death, even Beechfang's death, and Honeydew now stuck in a nest in the medicine den recovering from painful wounds. She couldn't look at them anymore. Her gaze dropped to the floor. "This all could have been avoided." Her fluffy gray tail wrapped tightly around her paws. "I'm sorry, Thymelight, Honeydew, that my father was... no. That Sunfire did such a thing. That he's directly caused you so much trouble, so much pain. I don't condone..." Despite her attempts to be strong, to stay still, her eyes began to burn. "I don't think anyone should have been hurt in that battle, much less any medicine cat of any Clan. I... I wish it hadn't happened. I feel so bad. I'm sorry."

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Confidantes and Confessions (c)   Confidantes and Confessions (c) EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 8:12

Honeydew

Honeydew nodded sadly as the medicine cat backed up her story. She hadn't known that Thymelight had hung back to help heal Littlesplash, and it filled the injured warrior with hope.

"You did the right thing, Thymelight," she mewed softly. She knew that medicine cats were bound by their own code, apart from the warrior code, and felt certain in that moment that StarClan would have approved of her actions. "I also worry for Littlesplash. I hope he made it back to his camp safely, and that he's doing alright."

She blinked sympathetically as the news sank in and Bubblebeam struggled to form a response. The amount of hurt and disappointment she must feel at realizing her father was such a vicious, dishonorable warrior. Her eyes rounded as Bubblebeam spoke.

"I'm not sure if Wolfblossom knows the true extent of it," she admitted. "We will have to tell her, too. I can't imagine any warrior's action of this magnitude going without consequences. But," her voice softened, "I am sure she will care." Honeydew sank further into her nest, exhaustion tugging at her bones, a weight growing on her eyelids. She let out a soft sigh.

"You have nothing to apologize for, Bubblebeam," she soothed. "You cannot control your father's actions any more than I can control Falconmoon's." She spat his name, recalling how he'd ignored her before battle, when all she wanted was some kind of encouragement, and the way he seemed to look right through her, like she wasn't even there. Her lip curled slightly, and she shook her head to clear it. This was about Sunfire.

"I think you're right," Honeydew affirmed. "This cycle of violence is why the other clans distrust us, why they hate us. But that's why we, the younger warriors, need to represent the possibilities - we are not the product of our bloodline," she echoed the words she had told Silverdusk at the end of their battle. "The clan's future lies with us, and the young apprentices we will one day mentor. We have to unite and do our best to show the other clans that SkyClan is more than the actions of those few who hunger for violence." Honeydew wasn't sure how to stop the words from pouring out of her. She almost felt like she was another cat entirely. She was too exhausted to think, and yet, as she heard her own words, she felt encouraged and hopeful for the future. Just then, an idea formed in her mind, and she sucked in a breath.

"What if..." she started, hesitating. Is this a good thing to suggest after everything that's happened? Will they think there's bees in my brain? "What if the three of us go find Littlesplash, and apologize?" Her ears pinned back, realizing how foolish she must sound. "Given enough sunrises for healing on both sides, of course," she hastily added. "If Wolfblossom allows it, we could make the first steps towards healing our broken relationship with the other clans."

She realized how hesitant Wolfblossom may be to allow three young she-cats to travel to RiverClan's camp, as Perchstar was the one who killed Birdstar. Tensions would be high. Perhaps that's all the more reason to try, she pondered. "The battle is over, and Beechfang is..." Honeydew gulped. "Beechfang was the reason it all began, and they've gotten their vengeance. Perhaps now we can all start over?" Her pale blue eyes flicked from one she-cat to the other, worried that they wouldn't take her seriously. "You think I've got bees in my brain, don't you?"

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Confidantes and Confessions (c)   Confidantes and Confessions (c) EmptyWed 6 Mar 2024 - 20:19

thymelight
Thymelight was quick to agree. "I think that's a wonderful idea, Honeydew. I can't say that RiverClan will be ecstatic so see us, but hopefully they'll be a bit more open to us speaking to Littlesplash since I'm a medicine cat. The best thing about the future is that it holds so many possibilities, and tomorrow won't be brighter unless we try to move the clouds away from the sun. Let's do it."

She looked to Bubblebeam for her approval as well. She hadn't been present at the battle, so hopefully RiverClan's higher-ups wouldn't be as hostile to the three of them because of the roles that they had played in the rivalry. She wasn't too keen on the idea of marching straight into the heart of SkyClan's biggest rival, but she wanted Littlesplash to hear it from her that she was sorry. Her eyes landed upon one of the nearby flower buds before an idea formed in her head. A flower crown... yes, that's what she would bring. It was the best way she knew to show goodwill to another cat through more than just words.

"We'll have to inform Wolfblossom before we leave, but she has a sensible head and I think she'll allow us to go. It's not like we're going to speak to Perchstar... I-I really wouldn't want to speak to her anyway, not after seeing her kill Birdstar."

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Confidantes and Confessions (c)   Confidantes and Confessions (c) EmptyThu 7 Mar 2024 - 17:58

The voices of Honeydew and Thymelight were soft, comforting, but Bubblebeam struggled to fully allow herself to be soothed. She wanted to believe in Wolfblossom, and that she'd do something about this--but what if she didn't? She wanted to not feel this nauseating guilt about the actions of her father, but that wasn't a conscious decision. Instead, she sat for a few moments, listening to them speak and trying to calm her own breathing. To represent the possibilities of a Clan... how was this the responsibility of young warriors like them? The Clan's future. SkyClan's future. Did she even want to be part of it? How much of this tangled mess was worth stepping in, over and over again, with some desperate hope of fixing things? How could she go against her father, against her grandmother? The thoughts swirled in on her, causing a momentary blackness to subsume her vision before she shook it away.

"Visit... RiverClan?" she repeated, eyes darting between her sister and friend. The words fell heavy from her mouth. The way that they talked about it, it made sense--especially since they'd both been at the war. But why did they want her to come? She hadn't been there; she hadn't been able to do anything. She would almost doubt that Honeydew meant her, if not for her specifically saying "the three of us." So there had to be a reason--right. Sunfire. Just like there had been a reason they were both talking to her now. My father's actions. I have to apologize for him... there's no way he'd do it himself. That was probably why they wanted her there. Bubblebeam tried to get the idea through her head of crossing a border on purpose. It felt strange, like if she'd tried to jump in the river and swim--which she might have to do, if they wanted to go to RiverClan. But Thymelight as a medicine cat was allowed to, and they would be escorting her, so....

"Okay." She tried to straighten up, tried to force her ears to perk back up from their pinned position. Tried not to acknowledge how weak she'd just been, or the sickening sensation that their words had caused in her. "Yeah... Thymelight is a medicine cat, so it's allowed to cross the border. I'm sure that an apology would be accepted. Well... I hope. None of them tried to attack you in retaliation for Littlesplash, right? That has to be a good sign." The thought of meeting the cat who had killed her Great-Aunt was also not pleasant. Just remembering how Sunfire's fangs had looked, gleaming red... Any cat who could do that was not someone she wanted to meet. But it would be okay. She had to believe it would be okay. If she believed it hard enough, maybe it would become true. "I...I'll go with you. Once you're strong enough, Honeydew, and once Wolfblossom approves. But you'll... tell her about Sunfire too, won't you?" Pale green eyes glanced between the two of them again, pleading. "If you've told me, then she should know."

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Confidantes and Confessions (c)   Confidantes and Confessions (c) EmptyThu 7 Mar 2024 - 18:22

Honeydew

Honeydew's heart soared upon her friends' agreement. Thymelight was eager and determined, while Bubblebeam seemed... hesitant. And for good reason, Honeydew considered. She stretched her neck forward to touch her friend's cheek with her nose.

"It'll be okay, Bubblebeam," she mewed encouragingly. "Of course we will tell Wolfblossom. She's... going to be our leader, so it's right that she knows." She nodded determinedly, though the idea of approaching her mother-figure about Sunfire was nauseating. It felt strange, being so opposed to a clanmate. But Sunfire was evidence that even cats in your own clan could do wrong. Attacking a medicine cat is wrong, Honeydew told herself, no matter how you look at it.

"So it's settled. Whenever the medicine cats-" she got a teasing look at Thymelight, "-let me out of this den, we will talk to Wolfblossom about sending us to formally apologize to Littlesplash." She laid her head down on her nest, closing her eyes. "Maybe I can take him some fresh moss for his nest..." Her speech began to slur, and her eyes couldn't stay open much longer. Honeydew let out a sigh as sleep began to take her.

Tomorrow won't be brighter unless we try to move the clouds away from the sun. The medicine cat's words echoed in her head as she began to slip into a fitful slumber.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confidantes and Confessions (c)   Confidantes and Confessions (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

Confidantes and Confessions (c)
Page 1 of 1