Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I've Only Got Eyes for You [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit
Number of posts : 691

I've Only Got Eyes for You [C] Empty
PostSubject: I've Only Got Eyes for You [C]   I've Only Got Eyes for You [C] EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024 - 20:24

Wiggleworm

("Feral Language")
("Forest Language")

Finally, after moons upon moons of illness and near-death experiences, Wiggleworm was ready to return to his warrior duties. His lungs were mostly clear and though he was still concerningly thin, the cure Fawnshine gave him had finally taken and his appetite was back. The most concerning thing, really, were the still healing wounds that peppered his back. In the past few days, however, they had healed considerably and now, Wiggleworm hardly noticed them. Sure, they stung if he moved too suddenly. And yeah, they bled occasionally if he stretched them too far, but he really didn't care about that now. He could finally hunt again!

With a grin, the spotted tom turned back to look at his hunting companion, Silverdusk, and beckoned her closer. "Come! It has been so long since I last hunted!" He waited for her to catch up before nudging his shoulder into theirs, a gleeful look on his face. He had been ill for so long that he'd nearly forgotten what it was like to just exist without it being a struggle. Especially after those beasts attacked at the lake - he really thought he was done for then.

Even once they were home, he hadn't been sure he would make it. A part of him wished he hadn't. The news of Softpaw's death, no, murder had hit him like a mountain - cutting deeper and hurting far more than the wolf's bite ever had. Everything from the invasion to him waking up a few sunrises ago - illness fading - was a little fuzzy. Apparently, Softpaw had been killed during the journey home...and he hadn't noticed. Every day, Wiggleworm wondered how he'd never realized what had happened, but it wasn't hard to understand that he'd been too delirious with sickness and pain to do much else other than continue walking.

At the memory, Wiggleworm's smile faded, but he caught himself and dismissed the thoughts. There was nothing he could do now, Softpaw was gone and nothing would change that. Justice for her murderer would come soon. Measuring his breaths, Wiggleworm looked down at Silverdusk, trying to devote to her the attention she deserved. "Hm...I do not think I know - what is your favorite prey?" Their friendship began as two sick cats seeking comfort, but now that they were both better, it could become so much more than just that superficial mess.

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2219

PostSubject: Re: I've Only Got Eyes for You [C]   I've Only Got Eyes for You [C] EmptyThu 15 Feb 2024 - 7:22

Wiggleworm was better! Or as healthy as a cat that had come back from the brink of death could be. The cure had worked wonders on him, and as Silverdusk trotted behind him she couldn't help but marvel at the sight before them. While there was certainly no denying that he wasn't a hundred percent, the large tom looked worlds better than he had just a few days ago. There was a healthy glow to his pelt, he was gaining weight albeit slowly and here Wiggleworm was before his bestfriend walking and talking and hunting like nothing had ever gone wrong in the world. That couldn't be farther from the truth, but who would want to dwell on that when the weather was so good, and the occasion better still? Leafbare was waning, its cold claws finally thawing. Frost melted earlier, and the snow drops were starting to bloom. In the early morning light, bathed in the soft gold hues of the sun the forest - and wiggleworm - were the picture of rebirth that Newleaf would bring.

At his beckoning, Silverdusk trotted to his side, brushing off the dew that clung to the undergrowth as they did so. They had given him the lead, letting the spotted warrior set the pace of their hunt. There was no need for either of them to exert themselves considering they were in recovery, not that Silverdusk had ever paid the advice of the medicine cats any heed. Their teeth flashed as she matched Wiggleworm's grin. A grin that soon became a frown, much to the tall warriors dislike.

"You are thinking of Softpaw..." Silverdusk swallowed, shaking their head sadly. The word "sorry" was on the tip of her tongue, something they had found themself saying far too much recently for things no would could predict or control. Everything felt like a burden, and "sorry" always seemed like it was the answer. It was not. She knew that all too well, it was a word of pity, of sad eyes and shared glances between clanmates when you walked past them. It was the same cursed look they had guiltily worn when visiting Wiggleworm upon returning from the lakes. The molly opened her mouth, and then closed it. "I did not know her well, but I know she would be happy to see how far you have come," they finally offered, brushing against Wiggleworm "Softpaw hunts in Gekala now."

The sadness shared between the two was brief, the tom moving on to happier fields. "My favourite prey?" Silverdusk's brow furrowed, deep in thought at such a trivial question. So many options, and little prey they had actually tried. Starving really had put a damper on that. They supposed most ThunderClan cats would say squirrel, and she agreed they were nice, but the best? Mice... their bones got stuck in her, and birds you had to pluck... So much effort for such little reward. Rabbits were nice too, bigger than squirrels. What if their favourite prey was something she had never had before like... "Frog?" Silverdusk blinked, what if it was gross? "I have never had it before though, I just think I would like it." they admitted, laughing softly.

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

I've Only Got Eyes for You [C] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit

PostSubject: Re: I've Only Got Eyes for You [C]   I've Only Got Eyes for You [C] EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024 - 12:26

Wiggleworm

("Feral Language")
("Forest Language")

The young warrior tensed at the mention of Softpaw, and tried to suppress the growl that was building deep in his chest. "I am." He said slowly. He'd been hoping to avoid the topic today, but it was probably for the best that they didn't. Softpaw had been, after all, one of his closest friends. Sun and Moon, there had even been a time where he'd daydreamed about them earning their warrior names together, growing up, and maybe even becoming mates. It had seemed so right - they were both of feral descent and had been close for as long as he could remember. Of course, that had all seemed to change once Silverdusk came into the picture. Suddenly, Softpaw had seemed like a distant memory and, he hated to admit it - even to himself - but he'd grown distant from her in the moon leading up to her murder. 

It couldn't possibly be his fault - her death - but Wiggleworm never had been good at believing such things. Surely, if he had been more vigilant, she would still be here. And, surely, if he'd simply gone to Fawnshine sooner, he would have been healthy enough to accompany her the day the God of Death decided to take her from them. No, the day Sunfire took her from them. He shook his coat out after a moment, struggling not to let himself fall too deeply into his thoughts. "You are right, she would be. It was just...unfair." He meowed bitterly. "Two wrongs do not make a right, yet I find myself wanting to make her murderer suffer like he has made us suffer." The words were harsh as he spit them out, holding none of his usually kind temperament. 

As the words hung in the air, though, Wiggleworm wished he could take them back. Hatred was not a becoming emotion, and he certainly didn't want Silverdusk to have any reason to be afraid of him. "Nevermind, let us move on." Luckily, his question seemed enough to draw Silverdusk's attention, and he blinked at her, surprised by the answer. Frog? He'd never seen her eat the long-legged things and, as they went on, it became clear that there was good reason for that.

With a smile that grew more genuine by the second, he nudged Silverdusk teasingly. "Goodness, frog? Are you sure? I have seen them around, but never thought to eat one!" Regardless, Wiggleworm was determined now to locate a frog for Silverdusk to try. "Wait a moment, I will find one for you!" With that, the spotted warrior turned and disappeared into the undergrowth, his nose twitching. What did frogs even smell like? He'd never stopped long enough to find out, but it couldn't be too hard to find one, right? He just needed to find water.

Luckily, he didn't have to try very hard to find one. It was entirely by accident that he found it, but there it was, bumps and all, sitting smack dab in the middle of a puddle. Perfect! All thoughts of Softpaw thoroughly abandoned, Wiggleworm inched closer to the frog, his heart pounding in his chest. Gekala, please don't let me make a fool of myself. Then, without wasting another moment, he pounced! Large paws closed around the frog's delicate body and, moving carefully so he didn't maul the creature, Wiggleworm dispatched it. Shocked, the warrior sat upright, eyes bright, and trotted out of the puddle, paws and belly wet. "Silverdusk!"

Last edited by GravisCordis on Wed 21 Feb 2024 - 12:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15046

PostSubject: Re: I've Only Got Eyes for You [C]   I've Only Got Eyes for You [C] EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024 - 12:26

The member 'GravisCordis' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: I've Only Got Eyes for You [C]   I've Only Got Eyes for You [C] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 0:42

Silverdusk gave pause, Wiggleworm's harsh words reminding the she-cat of the truth they had not told him yet. Mottlestar had called for war, and of course the silver warrior had not hesitated to put their name down. Justice was owed and ThunderClan would deliver. Come next moon they would ensure the forest was rid of the filth that plagued their borders, that took, and took, and took. It was not a decision she had taken and lightly, but it was necessary. ThunderClan needed her. Needed able warriors, that would not balk in the face of death, and stars knew Silverdusk had spent their apprenticeship staring down the god of death. By now they were probably acquaintances. The thought made Silverdusk chuckle, but it was short lived, quickly replaced by the notion of telling Wiggleworm the finality of what being selected would mean, though he probably knew all too well.

Green eyes followed his large form, as the tom pushed on ahead, the thicket parting to let him pass and her following in the wake he made. There was silence between them his angry words hanging heavy, a side to him Silverdusk had never seen, but it was far from unwarranted. It matched how they felt, the rage and apathy they held for SkyClan. Their only response was a hum in agreement, as the weight of the lean warriors actions bore down upon her. Keeping it from Wiggleworm too crushed them, though they would tell him. Just not immediately, the spotted cat had already banished his anger, and was steaming ahead. As always they never wanted to hurt him, nor ruin the light he emitted, and so as he rushed off Silverdusk resigned their self to how it always was - Wiggleowrm making them smile and laugh with such ease and she, doing their best to make him just as happy. It did not come easily, or it didn't today when the weight of the world seemed to rest on the newly named warrior.

Silverdusk sat down, tail flicking as they waited for Wiggleworm to return from his hunting excursion. Alone, it was the best moment she would have to go over the intricacies of their choice. There was little consolation to be found, neither were stupid, both knew blood would be shed, lives would be lost - she herself could be among them. How would Wiggleworm feel losing them too, so soon after Softpaw? Their heart clenched at the thought of him being sad, at him hurting because she wasn't coming home. They had asked to join the patrol for him, to avenge Softpaw in the only way they knew how. If he was not well enough, then somebody else had to step up. A choice she had made instantly, it wasn't a hard choice back then, but now...

What if it was Wiggleworm in their stead? Him going off to war, the god of death looming over him, greedy claws outstretched once again. His body that was returned to ThunderClan bloody and broken, eyes still and glassy, his light extinguished. Silverdusk dropped their head, screwing her eyes closed. No, not her Wiggleworm. It was all hypothetical, but the idea, the visions that it conjured to their mind destroyed her, drawing forth feelings and emotions Silverdusk hadn't even considered nor allowed to register within them.

For the past moons he had been their constant, unwavering and steadfast, giving her hope when she needed it and joy without even having to ask. Silverdusk didn't know when their feelings for Wiggleworm had changed, but the idea of losing him, of a life without him... It was unbearable. Both had found solace and comfort in the other's company, and now it seemed destined they would be forever reliant on the other. Though, she supposed signing themself away, presenting themself on a platter for whatever cruelty the war would entail, all to keep Wiggleworm (and to an extent, ThunderClan safe) was a declaration of love within itself, even if the molly had not known it at the time.

For the realisation of the intensity of Silverdusk's feelings to come crashing down upon them, it meant the war on the horizon was the cruellest sentence. The time between, both a gift and a curse. A time to mourn what they could have, if the tom returned their feelings. A family, that until now hadn't even crossed their mind to be mourned, happiness, love and contentment - all things that were never going to be their's. A choked noise escaped their maw, and it shocked her. The only consolation being the assurance of Wiggleworm's safety, and the fact ironically enough Silverdusk wasn't a stranger to wiggling their way out of death's cold and unflinching grasp.

She drew a shaky breath in, letting their emotions simmer and quell. Wiggleowrm had to know their name was on that list, to not to tell him would be to destroy the very foundations of their friendship - honesty. It took several moments to gather themself back together, to fix the seal that was usually so tightly locked that Silverdusk had paid it no heed. Never had it reared its head like this, and hopefully it never would again. Being overcome with emotion, weak and unable to move, it was not them, and it never would be again. Just as their composure returned, her name sounded bright and happy, so contrasting to what the tall she-cat had uncovered and then promptly buried.

With a sniffle and a smile, Silverdusk gathered their paws beneath them, and joined Wiggleworm. She worked a cool facade onto her face, a feeble attempt to hide the storm that brewed beneath. It wasn't hard to pretend she was happy, because spending time with him made her happy, and all he seemed to do was try and make her happier still. The frog beneath his large paws just another example of that. A purr rumbled in the warrior's throat as they drew near, inspecting his catch. "You really didn't have to, now I owe you a piece of your favourite prey... Which regretfully I don't even know." Thier green yes roamed over the frog. It looks so weird... Silverdusk laughed at the ridiculousness of it all. "Shall we try it?" they asked settling down beside him, pelts brushing.

They reached forward taking a bite of the frog, chewing thoroughly and letting it speak for itself. The tenderness of the meat surprised them, and the tase was akin to bird, but... they searched for the word... RiverClan? It tasted how they smelt. Surprisingly, it wasn't unpleasant at all, she even purred happily. The frog was made all the better by the fact Wiggleworm had caught it just for them. "I really liked it!" mewed Silverdusk swallowing the last of her bite "You're a great hunter, Wiggleworm." they pressed their side to his, but quickly drew away, guilt from what she had to tell him pushing them away.

"I have to tell you something."

Green eyes stared at the puddle a tail length away, watching their reflection, seeing the sadness and loss they felt internally reflected back at her. She lifted her eyes from the pool to Wiggleworm before continuing. "I gave Mottlestar my name to call upon for the war patrol. It is my duty to protect ThunderClan, I vowed it, but... I also did it for you. For Softpaw. They took her from you,"[/i]  a growl rose up in Silverdusk's throat at the anger they felt towards SkyClan rose up again "And they will pay, I will make sure of it. It is not wrong to seek reparations for what was taken, nor to stop them from taking more." her eyes locked with his making it pointed what, or who, that more in question was. "I know what it may cost if I am chosen, and I am sorry, but I cannot stand idly by and let the filth within SkyClan fester. I'm sorry Wiggleworm, but I had to at least put my name down, I would hate myself if I did not." they finished, dropping their head and letting them sit with her confession out in the open.

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: I've Only Got Eyes for You [C]   I've Only Got Eyes for You [C] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 22:28

Wiggleworm

("Feral Language")
("Forest Language")

Wiggleworm looked up as Silverdusk approached, his eyes glimmering with excitement. Would she be proud of him for catching a frog on his first attempt? Would she be impressed? Oh! But even more important that that - would the frog taste just as good and exciting as they'd imagined? He squirmed as they settled down beside him, his excitement clear as day. Though, as he looked at her, his smiled faded somewhat, replaced instead by concern. Why did they look like that? Like...happy, but not at the same time? His ears flicked back, and he opened his jaws to say something, but she soldiered on before he could get a word out. He always hesitated a moment too long. Just like that, any sign of emotion other than contentment and happiness vanished from Silverdusk's face. Maybe he'd just been seeing things? Yeah, that had to be it. 

Working a smile back onto his face, Wiggleworm purred in response, his tail whipping behind him. "You do not owe me a thing. I am happy to provide you with anything you could ever want." He meowed warmly, dark eyes fixed on Silverdusk as they inspected the still warm frog. He inhaled sharply as she shifted beside him, their pelts brushing, and watched curiously while they took the first bite of the amphibian. "Is it good? Do you like it?" He asked anxiously, holding his breath while Silverdusk chewed. Great Gekala, it would be embarrassing if he'd gone through all of that just for them to not even like it. Would she laugh at him for being so eager to make them happy? He wasn't sure he would be able to handle that.

Finally, Silverdusk purred, her eyes lighting up. Releasing his breath, Wiggleworm pressed himself into their side, his chest rumbling from the force of his purrs. "You do? Gekala, I am so glad you like it!" He averted his eyes as she continued, his ears warm from the compliment. "You flatter me too much Silverdusk, I am no better hunter than any other cat in ThunderClan." He meowed bashfully. Then, all to suddenly, Silverdusk pulled away, their expression shifting once more. The tom lowered his head, concerned. So something had been wrong earlier. 

Nodding, Wiggleworm shifted slightly, peering earnestly at his friend. She wouldn't look at him, though, her attention fixed on something far behind him. "Whatever it is, you can tell me. I will not be upset." He said softly, chest tight. A thousand possibilities ran through his mind, but none as bad as what eventually came from the silver cat's mouth. Wiggleworm stared at them for a moment, his ears swiveling back. She had...asked to take part in the battle party? Why!? Why would she do such a thing!? Silverdusk continued, though, as he stared, and Wiggleworm closed his eyes, trying to stop the sudden trembling in his body. 

Why was he so afraid? Nothing had happened, and yet he felt as though the wolves were back, their teeth digging into him and rending his flesh apart. No, it was worse than that. It was like they were inside of his chest, tearing their way through him in ways that he wasn't even able to describe. Throat tight, Wiggleworm opened his eyes once more, meeting Silverdusk's gaze. He couldn't blame them for feeling this way, for wanting to defend ThunderClan, but was it so much to ask that his loved ones stay safe? Couldn't some other cat go in her place? Did it really have to be them? Shaking his head, the tom pulled away from Silverdusk, his expression torn.

"No, you...you have to tell Mottlestar that you cannot fight. I do not care what it takes - this is too dangerous!" Wiggleworm stared hopefully at Silverdusk, trying to suppress the desperate fear bubbling up within him. "I do not want you to put yourself in danger for me! I-I would not know what to do if..." He trailed off, throat constricting. He felt suffocated, crushed even by the implications of what Silverdusk had done. He'd already lost Softpaw to SkyClan's claws, he couldn't lose Silverdusk too - he would never recover. Claws digging into the soil, the spotted warrior squeezed his eyes shut. "Silverdusk." He began, "You mean so much to me...if you fight SkyClan and do not come back...I just do not want you to leave me too." He whispered.

Countless words went unspoken, Wiggleworm's train of thought too tumultuous to properly express everything he wanted to say. How could he possibly hope to make Silverdusk understand when he wasn't sure himself what he was trying to say? After a moment, the tom lifted his gaze back to the other warrior. "I understand that you want to protect everyone, I do, but please reconsider. I know I am being selfish in asking, but I care about you more than anything in the whole forest. I need you to stay with me." 

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: I've Only Got Eyes for You [C]   I've Only Got Eyes for You [C] EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 4:31

Silverdusk's heart hammered uncomfortably against their chest as Wiggleworm spoke. The hurt in his voice... The fear... For her... They wanted to shy away, to take it back. Caught in the crosswords of the vow sworn to ThunderClan, and the love they held for Wiggleworm. Were they not the same? He was ThunderClan, to protect ThunderClan was by extension to protect him. But he didn't see it that way, his concerns lied elsewhere. With her. Silverdusk wrapped their bushy tail tightly around her paws. Green eyes remained trained to the ground, each word slicing deep, deeper than the claws they could soon be facing.

"I can't..." was all she could offer weakly. It was too late, if they took back their name her cowardice would be immortalised, a stain on the path they had carved. Taking back her name... She'd be putting her survival above the entire clans. It was wrong, and [i]he saw that![/]i Yet still he asked, no, begged for her to stay. "If I..." The lean molly opened their mouth and closed it, trying and failing to construct a sentence, to explain how she couldn't take it back. Words didn't come to them, not when she wanted so badly to remain behind with him. Silverdusk  wanted to cover their ears, to shut out what he was saying, to never know him so she didn't feel like to fight for the right thing was a betrayal. "I don't..."

Silverdusk let out a shuddery breath, hunching their shoulders, mimicking how incredibly small they felt inside. "It's not that simple." she mewed, finally finding their voice again. "I..." Her voice was quick to make its escape again. Green eyes risked a glance towards him. The look on Wiggleworm's face was infinitely worse than anything he said. The absence of his presence against their side, as he stared horrified, trembling. Afraid. Was the sickness back? She felt dizzy all over again. All those emotions... "Wiggleworm I..." they swallowed thickly, "I wish it were different."

She unfurled her tail from around their paws, intwining it with his, Hoping it would calm him. "My name may not even be picked yet. I am the youngest warrior, there are those far more capable than me Mottlestar can choose from." She turned her head, offering him a sad smile, trying to be hopeful, to reassure him even if Silverdusk felt in their bones that they were wrong. They didn't know what it was, the weird forboding feeling they felt, but deep down she knew they were already on that patrol. "It will all be okay, Wiggleworm. Now, you try the frog, before it is cold." they mewed with a hollow laugh.

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: I've Only Got Eyes for You [C]   I've Only Got Eyes for You [C] EmptyWed 6 Mar 2024 - 18:16

Wiggleworm

("Feral Language")
("Forest Language")

Wiggleworm stared at Silverdusk for a moment as they floundered for something to say, silently begging for her to agree with him and say that she would speak with Mottlestar. They stammered for a while longer before eventually stopping, seemingly unable to muster any words. He tore his gaze away, feeling as though his heart was being carved out of his chest. Silverdusk was all he had left now. She had been by his side throughout thick and thin and now that he was finally beginning to understand his feelings for them...this? Hank, Softpaw, and now Silverdusk. Was the God of Death determined to take away everyone he cared about? 

Silverdusk was by no means an incapable warrior - her strength impresses him more with every day that passes. Yet...he was afraid regardless. SkyClan was full of murderers, apparently, and he didn't think Silverdusk had it in her to kill another cat. Stomach hollow, the warrior stared down at the forgotten frog. How had today gone so wrong? He wasn't even sure how to feel. Angry with Silverdusk for so carelessly throwing their life on the line? Terrified that their life could be cut short so soon? That he might not have as much time as he thought he would with her? 

Wiggleworm shook his head as they spoke, her words halting and shaky. He hated that they felt this way because of his own selfish fears, but he couldn't stop the flood of icy cold fear from gripping his body and mind. He wanted to say something, beg for an explanation, but the words wouldn't come. He felt suffocated by everything he didn't know how to say. Her words sounded far away and, as his breathing grew more erratic, her tail found his, drawing him from his panic.

Jolting, the spotted tom looked up, his dark eyes wet with unshed tears. Everything she said still sounded fuzzy, like his ears weren't working quite right, but her voice soothed the chaos of his mind somewhat, and he blinked, head reeling. After a moment, he shook his head and pressed himself against Silverdusk, soaking up the warmth from their pelt. "You have it. It is for you." He said weakly, resting his head on her carefully. He couldn't even think about eating right now. Inhaling shakily, he licked Silverdusk's ruffled fur, hoping the repetitive movement would calm them both down. "I..." He paused, uncertain, then lashed his tail, frustrated.

"Just promise you will be careful, please?" He rasped his tongue over their coat a few more times, then continued. "If Mottlestar takes you, you have to come back alive." He meowed pleadingly. "I promised I would not die in the medicine den, so make the same promise to me right now Silverdusk. I need to hear you say it." The instant the words left his mouth, he leaned back, staring hopefully at Silverdusk.

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: I've Only Got Eyes for You [C]   I've Only Got Eyes for You [C] EmptyThu 7 Mar 2024 - 7:58

Forest Speak
Feral Speak

They glanced at the frog, and Silverdusk opened her mouth to reply, insist upon sharing or at least getting him something to eat, but before they could Wiggleworm was licking her. There tears in his eyes too, ones she'd caused. Their body felt on fire, this was so wrong. Here he was trying to comfort her, take care of her, when he was the one that needed that. "What..." Silverdusk swallowed, completely at a loss of what to say or do, then the spotted tom was speaking again. Begging her in between licks to be safe. Their ears fell backwards, and she was almost grateful when he drew back so they didn't feel guilty about being completely unresponsive.

His demand wasn't unexpected, nor unfair. She had asked him the same thing, and that was moons ago. Their bond had only grown since then, Wiggleworm was more than entitled to ask this of them, and to hold her to it, just as they did him. I promise I will come back to you, Wiggleworm" replied Silverdusk, meeting his eyes, her gaze just as fierce as when they'd asked him the same question in the medicine den. "I will come back." she affirmed, and then she leaned forward and began to comb his pelt too. "I can swear it in feral too. I promise I will come back to you, Wiggleworm." They curled their bushy tail around his again, hoping that it would convey how much the molly meant it. She would come home, and everything would be okay, and neither of them would ever have to worry about anything ever again. Perhaps that was a way naive way of thinking, but it was better than considering the alternative. Silverdusk ceased their licking then leaned back against him. "Thank you for the frog, and thank you for caring about me, Wiggleworm.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've Only Got Eyes for You [C]   I've Only Got Eyes for You [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

I've Only Got Eyes for You [C]
Page 1 of 1