Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

we could be friends [c]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

we could be friends [c] Empty
PostSubject: we could be friends [c]   we could be friends [c] EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024 - 13:58

Cloudypetal could probably cut the tension that lingered between Heatherpaw and Crakeburn with a claw. She wasn't quite sure why - they were such close sisters - but it was miserable for everyone who wasn't in the know. She had observed Heatherpaw from a distance in the camp before approaching. Maybe it'd help if she felt useful.

"Hey, Heatherpaw," Cloudypetal began gently, afraid of her blowing up. It was reflected in her eyes. "Do you have a moment?"

She sat down next to the she-cat before she even answered, flicking her ear nervously. Maybe if she explained why she wanted Heatherpaw's time, she wouldn't be as likely to blow her off. " Um, I've been working with Cricketpaw and... I feel like you'd be able to help me out with a few things."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: we could be friends [c]   we could be friends [c] EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024 - 14:35

A miserable knot had settled into the she-cat's stomach since Crakeburn's warrior ceremony. She felt like she was sinking in mud, sticking her paws to the ground and filling up her insides with a murky filth. It was unpleasant but what made it further detestable was the inability to digest why she felt that way. A small part of her was happy for her littermate, the part that held innate love for her kin, but the other part gripped onto ferocious jealousy. The pair had wrestled since kithood, seldom outperforming each other. Watching her sister rise through the ranks so easily had left burning claws in her gut.

On multiple occasions since the ceremony, she had contemplated confronting Tigerstar and Sootstorm, to ask why beyond pure circumstances that Crakeburn was more fit to be a warrior. Heatherpaw hadn't even had her moonstone journey yet. The torrent of bitter feelings made devouring the little bit of prey she'd intended to eat impossible. Which is why when Cloudypetal's voice reached her ears, she immediately abandoned the idea. The warrior and her had seldom interacted and while she wanted nothing more than to be left alone, that fact peaked her curiosity.

Initial inclinations filled her mind with sour thoughts that perhaps this was going to be some special training, since her skills were apparently lackluster enough to warrant an extended stay in the apprentice's den. However, what came from tortoiseshell's maw made her own jaw go slack. Her whiskers twitched and it was hard to choke back the snort that almost immediately left her nose. Heatherpaw's waved loftily behind her, almost dismissively, as she meowed coolly, "Respectfully, wouldn't you would be better off asking another warrior? Maybe Crakeburn?"

Her icy blue eyes said what her words did not, raking Cloudypetal's pelt in search of intent, and questioning her decision-making skills in the process.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: we could be friends [c]   we could be friends [c] EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024 - 15:31

Cloudypetal felt a pang of disappointment at Heatherpaw's response - her tail flicking and her eyes narrowing. She had hoped better from Tallshadow's very own apprentice. She was hoping that the she-cat would be kind enough to offer her the opportunity to train - to offer herself as a contrast to the spars with Cricketpaw - but she was wrong. Heatherpaw was equal to her ambitious sister but had been blessed with a cool mind - at least, Cloudypetal believed. Until now. She took a moment to collect herself, her disappointment turning into quiet determination. It offered insight, and Cloudypetal may be able to use it to her advantage with a dramatic display. Fiery apprentices deserve fiery warriors, I suppose.

"You know what - sure," Cloudypetal said, her tone holding a touch of resignation. "You're right. I was mistaken. Maybe I should ask Crakeburn for help. She's doing so well, after all."

She glanced away from the she-cat, as if contemplating the idea of recruiting Crakeburn to help, and then looked back to Heatherpaw. There was a subtle edge to her gaze. She expected more from Heatherpaw, and she wanted the apprentice to know. "I just thought that, as Tallshadow's apprentice, you may have some unique insights to offer. Something your siblings could never give me. But, if you're not interested, I get it." Cloudypetal allowed a hint of frustration to creep into her voice as she added, "I was also hoping to let Tallshadow, Sootstorm and Tigerstar know about how well you were doing. Maybe they'd make you a warrior like I thought you deserved. But, it's okay, I'll figure something out on my own!"

She stood up, as if ready to leave, casting one final disappointed glance. "Thanks for your time. Even if it didn't turn out like I thought it would. Maybe next time!"

Cloudypetal started to walk away, leaving a moment of silence for her words to sink in. It was a calculated risk - a bit of reverse psychology to make Heatherpaw reconsider. It was manipulative, sure, but she secretly hoped that the threat of the missed opportunity to prove herself would help her realize her value. She was just playing up how she truly felt about Heatherpaw! But, also, she felt a pit at the bottom of her stomach. If it didn't work, she had damaged her relationship with Heatherpaw before it could even begin.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: we could be friends [c]   we could be friends [c] EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024 - 18:48

Given their lack of previous interactions, Heatherpaw was unaware of the equally fierce spirit that lay underneath the pelt of the warrior with the clouded eye. It was for this reason that she had certainly not expected the reaction that came. Admittedly, her words had been meant to be sharp and dismissive in combination with a steely-judgmental glare. The apprentice had expected the elder molly to retreat but not in the way it played out before her. Narrowed eyes and a flicking tail were her first indication that she had not tamed her tongue well enough, shortly followed by words that crackled through the air like thin bolts of lightening.

Instinctively, Heatherpaw's ears fell back and pressed to her skull and her jaw tightened. She was used to most cats being sympathetic or pandering and had assumed the initial request was the same. Cloudypetal's tone and carefully calculated speech dashed away the burning jealously, replacing it with white hot anger for a brief moment. That was until she digested the words. I made an assumption. Heatherpaw couldn't quite come to terms with the fact she had made a mistake but with the warrior prodding her in just the right places, she was at the very least able to see there had been other intentions behind the request. The brief flash of anger subsided into a cool disdain.

There was no denying that she was frustrated, clearly displeased by the words that had dripped off of Cloudypetal's tongue like snake venom. Her own tail lashed as her shoulders relaxed ever so slightly and she stood to pace a few steps after the other she-cat, "You were right to come to me." There wasn't an apology behind the words but acceptance, and a recognition of the respect that had been shown towards her. She bounded a couple more steps to meet Cloudypetal's gaze evenly, this time with more determination than disdain in her vibrant blue depths, "I have skills my littermates don't and it is about time some cat sees that."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: we could be friends [c]   we could be friends [c] EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024 - 8:48

Cloudypetal paused mid-step, her ear flicking as she registered Heatherpaw's response. There we go. A small smirk had tugged at the corners of her mouth as she listened to the apprentice accept her bait. She ignited a spark in Heatherpaw, prompting the apprentice to not only defend herself but accept that she was more - it pleased Cloudypetal. She got the response she wanted. Her calculated risk paid off. She found herself genuinely impressed. Cloudypetal turned to face Heatherpaw completely, her mismatched gaze meeting the vibrant blue eyes of the apprentice.

"I know I was right! Of course I am. I've always seen potential in you, Heatherpaw - there's more than meets the eye. I want every cat to know that, too, but you'd need to work with me." She acknowledged, subtly nodding at her own words. Her tone now carried approval. "I had something in mind from the start. You can help me more than you think. How many apprentices can say they can help a warrior - let alone a mentor? Very little, I can imagine!"

She wanted to spar with Heatherpaw - but it wasn't simply for Heatherpaw's benefit at all. Cricketpaw was disabled, much like herself, but he faced unique challenges that she'd be able to contrast with Heatherpaw. She'd be able to pinpoint them, understand his strengths and address his weaknesses, gain insights about his challenges, and be able to approach his training as uniquely as he deserved. If Heatherpaw can help - Cloudypetal would also be able to put a good word in.

"I want to spar with you, Heatherpaw." She revealed. She shifted into a defensive stance, her tail flicking in anticipation. "Let's seize the moment! Attack me - let's see what you got. I want to see what you can do."

The camp clearing was silent - devoid of the usual buzzing. The border and hunting patrols had left not too long ago, her brother included. It was the perfect place for their impromptu spar. Besides, Cloudypetal's first spar was also in the camp clearing! It's almost like it came full circle. Besides, she'd keep it from escalating too far.

ooc: for easy access she's tier 2. 40 HP / 100 SP  Regular
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: we could be friends [c]   we could be friends [c] EmptyThu 22 Feb 2024 - 12:48

She hated to admit how much the praise caused pride to further blossom in her chest. It was painfully easy to stroke her ego, as easy as it was to fatally wound it. Cloudypetal's words helped to heal some of the sting from recent events. While it was still overwhelmingly frustrating to consider that her sister's nest lay in the warrior's den, this was the apprentice's chance to test her paws against a real warrior. The time had come for her potential to be on full display.

As she trotted alongside the warrior, the pale-furred molly kept her head high. Considering it now, she felt pathetic for ever feeling so down on herself. Righteous anger was more fitting for the unjustice of the scenario and that never should have been on her. Thankfully, Cloudypetal was here to see that. Her feather tail lashed as the only indicator that she was anticipating their spar, especially in contrast to the hardened neutrality of her features.

As the elder she-cat shifted into a defensive stance, Heatherpaw's fur began to fluff out. Subtle muscles rippled underneath her silken coat and her pupils became slits of focus. If Cloudypetal wanted a true display of her skill, she would get one. Heatherpaw's claws kneaded the ground and she meowed a warning, "I'm not going to hold back. Take notes." The final remark was more teasing than anything as she bared her teeth.

Her haunches wiggled and she dove to the side, leaning into Cloudypetal's obscured sight line. Once there, she jumped on to the warrior's back, gripping her coat tightly and catching the she-cat's scruff in her teeth to better position herself. Heatherpaw didn't plan on being easily shook off, but that was up to her opponent to decide.

Heatherpaw used Leap and Hold on Cloudypetal, dealing 6 damage and using 15 stamina. Cloudypetal is held for 2 turns.

Heatherpaw
HP: 20/20
SP: 45/60 [-15]

Cloudypetal
HP: 34/40 [-6]
SP: 100/100

Last edited by Ripped on Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 12:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15046

PostSubject: Re: we could be friends [c]   we could be friends [c] EmptyThu 22 Feb 2024 - 12:48

The member 'Ripped' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

we could be friends [c] Mistpe10
we could be friends [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: we could be friends [c]   we could be friends [c] EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 19:58

Cloudypetal's eyes narrowed in amusement as Heatherpaw warned her, accepting the challenge with a flick of her tail. The apprentice's swift movements were impressive, but it was nothing Cloudypetal couldn't handle. Cloudypetal adjusted her stance, relying on her good eye to keep track of the agile apprentice. I know exactly what you're doing. She thought, her scarred ear flicking.

With a burst of energy, the she-cat launched herself onto Cloudypetal's back. This was exactly what she wanted - a display of Heatherpaw's skills! Finally. Cloudypetal's muscles tensed beneath her weight. Yet, she didn't shake the apprentice off. With a sly grin, she rolled onto her paws in hopes of catching Heatherpaw by surprise and throwing her off balance.

It worked. As she regained her footing, she spoke with a playful tone, yet she still wanted to offer advice. "Not bad, Heatherpaw. Remember to anticipate your opponent's moves. Stay one pawstep ahead!"

Cloudypetal used Duck and Twist on Heatherpaw, dealing 7 damage and using 5 stamina. Cloudypetal is free.

Heatherpaw
HP: 13/20 (-7)
SP: 45/60

Cloudypetal
HP: 34/40
SP: 95/100 (-5)

Last edited by kieer on Mon 4 Mar 2024 - 20:10; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : oops i said the wrong move lol)
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: we could be friends [c]   we could be friends [c] EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 19:58

The member 'kieer' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: we could be friends [c]   we could be friends [c] EmptyWed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:29

Heatherpaw was shocked by the speed at which Cloudypetal moved. It was sometimes easy to forget that as fast as she was, her clanmates also had the same Windclan blood pounding through their veins. She leaped away and easily found her footing, staring at the warrior with a lashing tail. Venom had faded from her eyes and become replaced with burning determination. Even though her opponent was a warrior, the pale-furred molly was still a formidable opponent and she was determined to show that.  

"You as well, Cloudypetal. Don't forget to stay one pawstep ahead." She shot back, a grin flickering on at the edges of her maw as she quickly feinted to the right before darting to the other side and aiming a blow at the other she-cat's chest.

Heatherpaw used Dodge and Fight, to avoid the damage and using 7 stamina. Counterattack is... successful, doing 5 damage.

Heatherpaw
HP: 20/20
SP: 38/60 (-7)

Cloudypetal
HP: 29/40 (-5)
SP: 95/100

Last edited by Ripped on Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 15:48; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: we could be friends [c]   we could be friends [c] EmptyWed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:29

The member 'Ripped' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: we could be friends [c]   we could be friends [c] EmptySun 24 Mar 2024 - 1:18

Cloudypetal
T2 Warrior | WindClan | she/her
The apprentice caught Cloudypetal off-guard, aiming a well-timed blow to her chest. She bit at her incoming paw - yet it was too late - her fangs forcefully and loudly snapping together.

She was cocky, too. I guess it's what I deserved, doing the same thing. She thought. With a huff and a lash of her tail, she swiftly lunged forward, striking Heatherpaw's flank with precision.

She felt oddly proud of this apprentice, and it showed in her sparkling eyes. No doubt that Tigerstar and Sootstorm will be informed about their spar today.

Cloudypetal used Front Paw Strike, doing 8 damage and using 7 stamina.

Heatherpaw
HP: 12/20 (-8)
SP: 38/60

Cloudypetal
HP: 29/40
SP: 88/100 (-7)

discord: kieer  | timezone: EST (UTC -5) | code (c) kieer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: we could be friends [c]   we could be friends [c] Empty

Back to top Go down