Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Hare Hunting Hurdles [c]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] Empty
PostSubject: Hare Hunting Hurdles [c]   Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:04 pm

Galestorm

It was a beautiful day for leafbare. The sun was high and warmed Galestorm's fur as its rays began to melt the snow in the WindClan clearing. Galestorm jumped at every chance to train his apprentice, Pipitpaw, especially on a day such as this. With the melting snows and the warming weather, prey would be more likely to be out of their burrows. As he made his way through the clearing, Pipitpaw at his side, his amber eyes landed on his sister, Cloudypetal, who was already joined by her own apprentice, Cricketpaw. Immediately Galestorm had an idea!

"Pipitpaw," he meowed to his apprentice, "Follow me!" He bounded across the clearing to his sister's side, stopping a bit short of totally slamming into her. Excitement shown in his eyes. "Cloudypetal, are you taking Cricketpaw out for training?" he asked, giving Cricketpaw a friendly smile. "I was just going to take Pipitpaw on a hunting patrol. Perhaps we could all go together, and make it a joint training session?" His hopefuly, excited amber eyes glittered at his sister, practically begging her - silently, with unspoken sibling telepathy - to accept his offer.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hare Hunting Hurdles [c]   Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 6:30 pm

Cloudypetal lifted her head, her hazel eyes gleaming with amusement as Galestorm approached her. He was so excited! She missed seeing him act like this. She missed being his friend. She greeted him with a playful flick of her tail.

"A joint training session sounds like a good idea!"
She purred, stealing a quick glance at Cricketpaw. "We were planning to work on talking techniques today, and I think combining our patrols would be interesting! He'd be able to show you everything he has learned. But no holding back! I want to see how well Pipitpaw is doing, too."

She blinked, realizing she never truly asked Cricketpaw if he would like that, too. "What do you think, Cricketpaw?" She cast a fond look at her apprentice.
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1536

PostSubject: Re: Hare Hunting Hurdles [c]   Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 12:34 pm

Cricketpaw

this is just a journey, drop your worries; you are gonna turn out fine;
Cricketpaw limped up beside his mentor, purring a greeting at Galestorm and Pipitpaw. The familial bond between Cloudypetal and Galestorm made his heart happy, and he found himself smiling at the group. He let the older cats talk, politely holding his tongue until Cloudypetal addressed him.

"Sure, that sounds like fun!" he chirped, nodding. "I'll do my best...!"

Apprentice | WindClan | he/him

( credits )

Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]

Last edited by Aspen on Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Hare Hunting Hurdles [c]   Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 4:09 pm

Having stuck close to her mentor, the snow-furred apprentice simply gave a nod of her head at his instructions. She enjoyed keeping Galestorm's company, and her tail swished fluidly behind her as they met up with another mentor-apprentice duo. Her paws were itching to be able to hunt something. Giving a respectful nod to the other mentor, her hazel gaze seemed much more focused on the other apprentice. Cricketpaw. That was a name that she would commit to memory, and an even easier face to take notice of. She didn't seem too bothered by his lack of a limb, if anything, it simply made her more curious.

Tilting her head to the side, she gave a warm purr, batting her eyes in a friendly manner. "Let's make it a friendly competition. Whoever catches more gets to pick their prey before the other tonight." It wouldn't make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things, but it was motivation for the both of them. Sitting and curling her tail around her paws politely, Pipitpaw tossed her head back towards her mentor. "Would that be alright, Galestorm?"

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hare Hunting Hurdles [c]   Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 10:47 am

STOATPAW
"WAIT!"

Stoatpaw's loud cry rang out across the camp and he came into view of the group quickly, bounding towards them in a few quick strides. He stopped right in front of Galestorm, barely paying mind to any cat, looking up at the tom. "Please let me go with you, Galestorm!" He mewed quickly, his tail drooping. "If you don't let me come, Sootstorm will stick me with some other warrior, or just forget about me all together..."

He'd always wanted to train with Galestorm. The tom was such a respectable warrior, with WindClan's best interests, and quite honestly he was Stoatpaw's role model. Cloudygaze wasn't all too bad either, but... He turned his head and gave her a quick nod of greeting. "I swear I won't put a single paw outta line."

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

PostSubject: Re: Hare Hunting Hurdles [c]   Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 12:49 pm

Galestorm

Galestorm's expression brightened at his sister's agreement and her aprentice's compliance. He looked down at Pipitpaw, his eyes widened in surprise at her... very clever suggestion. Encouraging a bit of friendly competition, I see, he mused, nodding.

"That's a great idea, Pipitpaw," he meowed, casting competitive glances at Cloudypetal. "Alright, let's be off then! I found the perfect spot for us-" he was interrupted by the voice of Stoatpaw, another apprentice. Sootstorm's apprentice. Forget about him? He turned around to face Stoatpaw, his amber eyes considerate. "Of course you can come along," he agreed. "The more the merrier, I think." His eyes met with those mismatched hazel ones of his sister. "Don't you agree, Cloudypetal?" No apprentice will go without training on our watch! he thought, then, with a prick of guilt, corrected himself. With how busy Sootstorm is, taking on two apprentices and falling ill, I'm sure it would be helpful for him, anyway. His eyes scanned the clearing, searching for Sootstorm's other apprentice, Dandelionpaw. Galestorm hadn't met the strange young tom himself yet, but it couldn't hurt to add him to their little training party. However, his amber eyes could not find the apprentice. Maybe he had already been given another task, and was busy.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hare Hunting Hurdles [c]   Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 pm

Cloudypetal
T3 Warrior | WindClan | she/her

"Of course, Stoatpaw," Cloudypetal mewed warmly, "You're always welcome to join us!" She cast a concerned glance at Galestorm - was Sootstorm really that neglectful of his own apprentices?

She shook her head, trying to keep everything light. She liked Pipitpaw's idea, but it was made complicated with the additional apprenice. "How about a friendly game of apprentices versus warriors - with Stoatpaw joining? If we lose, not only will you pick your prey first - but we'll do apprentice duties for a quarter moon!" She suggested, confidence dancing in the depths of her eyes.

///

Cloudypetal led the way out of camp. She glanced back to make sure Stoatpaw was following, worry for the young tom lingering. She hoped that Sootstorm's absence didn't break his confidence. She silently hoped that the apprentices would win.

As they approached the flower field, she flicked her tail - indicating they should spread out. With the melting snow, she was certain this part of the territory was crawling with life.

She departed from the group with her body low to the ground. It wasn't long before she scented a hare - her whiskers twitching excitedly. Her muscles tensed as she slowly approached the hare. With a sudden burst of speed, she surged forward and the hare took off! Her paws barely made a sound as she gave chase. The hare desperately zigzagged in hopes of escape. It was to no avail.

With a final leap, she pounced - her claws sinking into the hare's soft fur. Cloudypetal looked up, with her hare in tow, to see if anyone else had caught anything.

Rolling... Successfully caught a hare! -5SP

discord: kieer  | timezone: EST (UTC -5) | code (c) kieer

Last edited by kieer on Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15032

PostSubject: Re: Hare Hunting Hurdles [c]   Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 pm

The member 'kieer' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] Mistpe10
Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Hare Hunting Hurdles [c]   Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 8:45 am

ooc; aspen gave the thumbs-up for us to swap turns in the post order!

Cloudypetal's suggestion for adding an extra layer of challenge to the competition had Pipitpaw flashing a brilliant smile. "You have yourself a deal." Well, it wasn't her call to make, but if it was between Pipitpaw and Cloudypetal? She would hold the warrior to the challenge that she had set for them all. It would only be fair that way. Warriors didn't place bets that they couldn't keep.

Shaking out her white pelt, she had followed along, watching as the warrior made her way through the field to go after one of their most iconic pieces of prey. Her own movements mimicked that of the more experienced warrior, moving fluidly among the flowers. As she launched at her own quarry, though, the ear-piercing squeal it let out quickly told her that she had, in fact, not been chasing a rabbit, but... "Weasel! Help, please!" She quickly called out.

Pipitpaw attempts to catch a hare. Unsuccessful! -5SP
A weasel has appeared!

The sneaky little creature. It bared its teeth, turning around and launching right at the apprentice. Its teeth clamped down onto her feathered tail, which had the apprentice spinning to quickly correct that very action, her claws outstretched in anger. The force she had already had in hunting still fueled her legs as she half-lept, half-swirled on the vermin.

Pipitpaw used Jumping Strike! It dealt 9 (6+3) damage and used 7 stamina.
The weasel used Gripping Bite on Pipitpaw! 1/2 Turns! Dealt 7 damage and used 10 stamina.
Weasel
11 / 20 HP (-9)
125 / 135 SP (-10)

Pipitpaw
13 / 20 HP (-7)
48 / 60 SP (-5, -7)

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw

Last edited by Kitty on Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15032

PostSubject: Re: Hare Hunting Hurdles [c]   Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 8:45 am

The member 'Kitty' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] Mistpe10
Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1536

PostSubject: Re: Hare Hunting Hurdles [c]   Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 1:57 pm

Cricketpaw

this is just a journey, drop your worries; you are gonna turn out fine;
Cricketpaw was stalking around, keeping his ears and eyes out for any sign of prey when Pipitpaw's cry for help rang out. The fur on his spine raised in alarm and he whirled around to see Pipitpaw facing off against a squirming weasel. Without even thinking, he sprang into action and sprinted over as best as he could, only to throw himself at the creature with a hiss. Raking his claws down the weasel's flank drew blood, and Cricketpaw danced out of the way of its own claws. "Pipitpaw, are you okay?" he panted.

Cricketpaw used Front Paw Strike on the Weasel, using 7 stamina and dealing 6 damage.

Cricketpaw*
15/15 HP
23/30 SP (-7)
*disabled stats

Weasel
5/20 HP (-6)
125/135 SP

Pipitpaw
13/20 HP
48/60 SP

Apprentice | WindClan | he/him

( credits )

Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hare Hunting Hurdles [c]   Hare Hunting Hurdles [c] EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 7:55 am

STOATPAW
Cloudypetal's offer excited him. Not only had they welcomed him onto their training session, but she'd made it a challenging game. "You're on, Cloudygaze!" He chirped excitedly.

Like Cricketpaw, he'd been creeping around not far from the group, searching for signs of prey. Whatever was there was gone when that shriek had come, followed by a... Cry for help? It was Pipitpaw. He quickly moved away from his place, tearing the ground as he flew towards the apprentice and joined Cricketpaw in battle against the wriggly creature, defending their denmate.

Taking the opportunity to sink his teeth into the weasel when its own fangs were busy elsewhere, he quickly stretched his neck out and snapped his jaws around its hind area, its bitter blood flooding his maw. A fierce snarl ripped itself from him as he jerked back harshly.

Stoatpaw used Snap on the weasel, using -7 SP and dealing -6 HP!
Stoatpaw

15/15 HP
23/30 SP [-7]

Cricketpaw*
15/15 HP
23/30 SP
*disabled stats

Weasel
-1/20 HP [-6] KO Pending
125/135 SP

Pipitpaw
13/20 HP