Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 310

Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 8 Feb 2024 - 3:09

Daisyfang’s breath misted out into the chilly morning air, but even the Leafbare chill couldn't cool the excitement that leapt in her chest. She nudged Rapidpaw awake, and beckoned her forward with a silent flick of her tail so they didn’t disturb the other apprentices. The medicine cat led the apprentice towards the exit to camp, stopping by the medicine den to grab a bundle of traveling herbs on the way. She nudged the carefully wrapped herbs towards Rapidpaw.  “It’s going to be slow going with the snow, but nothing we’re not used to huh?” She purred, amber eyes bright against the pale fur of her face.  “It’s time for you to speak with StarClan.” She nodded solemnly before her sharp grin returned.

“Don’t worry, I think I know the way now. We shouldn’t get lost.” The bi-colored molly led the way into the moors, blanketed with the previous day’s snowfall. Their paws crunched agasint the snow as te medicine cat traced the landmarks in her head again to make sure they were still headed in the right direction. Content on their course, she turned to make sure the apprentice was keeping up.  “So Rapidpaw, do you have any questions about speaking with our ancestors? I know it seems a little daunting at first, but it’s a great honor.”

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2870

PostSubject: Re: Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 23:40

Rapidpaw blinked awake at the nudging and she slowly got to her paws sleepily. She sniffed at the herbs being pushed her way and looked at the medicine cat with her folded ears drooping even lower... did... did she have to eat this??

The medicine cat seemed to be moving on quickly and she sighed a little and tried to force down the bitter terrible tasting herbs.

She ran to catch up to Daisyfang's side.

"Can you tell me who your starclan cat was?" she asked thinking for a bit on what she could ask the med cat.

"I dont really know what I will ask mine" she admitted her fluffy tail fluffing out at the cold

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9991

PostSubject: Re: Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 4:51

Tigerstar, who had tagged along to see exactly how some of the moonstone journeys were going, spoke up to answer Rapidpaw's question. "My starclan cat was a tom named Mr. Worm. He was a rogue that lived in the forest around here. He was a very kind soul." The striped tom explained. "Its okay to not know what to ask your Starclan cat, sometimes they know what we need, or what we need to hear and will gives advice accordingly."

Windclan ✦ Thunderclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Kit ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024 - 19:01

Rapidpaw was grateful to have her mentor along with her on this. She trusted him and his training with her had gone really well. The happy apprentice gave a purr nodding glad to not have to know the exact thing to ask them would be.

She slowed her pace walking right by his side and gently nudged his shoulder in respect and friendship. "Tigerstar? Do you think I'm ready to be a warrior yet?" she asked as they walked along.

She had mastered hunting and really did enjoy that aspect, the fighting was more difficult for her as hard as she had been trying to improve on it.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9991

PostSubject: Re: Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 1:38

"Almost." The leader admitted honestly. He never really disclosed an apprentices progress directly with them but this moment was different. "I can say visiting the moonstone is one of the final steps towards warriorhood."

"We will just need to assess your hunting and fighting after tonight and you will be there." Tigerstar said after a moment of pondering, wanting to make sure that he was being honest about her progress. "It's basically just a matter of time."

Windclan ✦ Thunderclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Kit ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 20:42

Rapidpaw got very excited, even more than she usually was hearing that.

"woahhh really!?" she purred thinking about how soon she would be with her sisters again and get her warrior name.

She ran over to his side and gently nuzzled him a little so happy. "Thanks for being such an awesome mentor Tigerstar!" she really did appreciate his patience in all this, sparing had taken her so long to figure out but he hadnt ever give up on her.

She nearly sprinted and skipped the whole rest of the way there.

Once they reached the cave she glanced at him before slowly stepping into the darkness. With only her whiskers to guide her she slowly inched forward the dark tunnel leading her eventually to the big open room with the glowing magic rock inside, just like they said it would be.

She gave a quiet wow in awe and settled in next to it before touching nose to it and falling into a dream.

---------

When she awoke she glanced around. There was stars all around her and looking, she spotted a cat in the distance she hesitently went towards him eyes squinting.

"hello? I am rapidpaw of windclan"

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6726

PostSubject: Re: Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 22:24

Flutterpetal had been waiting for his next chance to speak to another apprentice. If he could offer help and kindness to another, no matter how small of a moment, and help them to be happier--then that was worth anything. It felt nice to be able to affect things at all. He didn't mind spending long sunlit hours with his brother and his friends, but... it was different entirely to speak to a living WindClan cat. He still cared for his Clan, still looked down on them from time to time. Encouraging, hoping, loving. A new leader and deputy now, since his time. But they were strong. They would do well. If he could help the youngest generation, if they could somehow avoid the pain he'd had to go through... then he'd be truly happy.

He was a few moments late to this Moonstone, but only because he had been surveying the endless fields, trying to find the right kind of flower to bring. Everyone deserved flowers. He'd given Crakepaw--Crakeburn, now--a rose since it fit her. Pretty, but sharp. Murkyriver had been lavender. What should he bring to this newest apprentice? Eventually, he decided, and so he had been gathering a suitable number when Rapidpaw suddenly arrived and approached him.

The StarClan tom whirled, blinking in surprise. He had long, fluffy black fur. Stars shone from deep within it, but he also wore a misshapen crown of daisies and hyacinth. A cluster of delicate white-and-yellow flowers hung loosely in his mouth. Two bright green eyes looked down at Rapidpaw for a moment, and then with brilliantly white fangs he smiled. "Oh, hello, Rapidpaw! I'm sorry--I didn't mean to be late. I was just trying to get some flowers for you." When he spoke, they fell out of his mouth, floating gently to the ground. He flicked an ear sheepishly, then gathered them up again. With a paw he nudged them forward. They emitted a strong, pleasant scent. "Here, these are for you. They're called honeysuckle flowers. I thought I'd give you some since they remind me of you! Really soft and sweet." He just smiled at her for a moment before blinking again. "Oh, wait, I forgot to introduce myself. Sorry! I'm Flutterpetal. I used to know your dad when he was really young. I think I talked to your sister Crakeburn, also. So, how are you? Has your life been going well?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 1 Apr 2024 - 22:12

Rapidpaw gave a happy wave of her tail to the starry pelted skyclan warrior who approached. His sleek fur dark as the sky only outlined by the stars themselves that seemed to dance along his fur.

She blinked watching the flowers drop to her paws and listened intently to his explanation of them.

Scooping them gently in her paw she nodded in thanks to him and did her best to stick them in her hair imitating what he had for his flower crown.

"Honeysuckle she repeated nodding slowly.

She sat besides the gentle warrior and contimplated what wisdom she wanted to learn more about. Her mentor and Daisyfang the medicne cat both hinted that this was very important and she wanted to get the most out of this.

She thought for a long minute thinking of what types of things she knew she struggled with. This was a short window she could gain someone elses entire life's experience with but just for tonight. So she should keep it general enough but still focused on her own challenges.

She nodded knowing the general discussion she wanted to have with him:

So far, her hunting had been progressing great, she was fast, could smell the rabbits and always seemed to be able to bring back food for the clan.

Fighting and sparring on the other paw, were harder for her. Her sisters always seemed to be a pawstep ahead of her in this area.

She could do it... she thought back to how she had once even gotten crake in a narrow victory or how she got oatpaw too. There was no question that she could spar if needed but she didnt like it like crake or heather did.

"How do you know when to fight? For real I mean? So far, Ive only had to practice spar and I know warriors have to fight to protect their clans, but... she looked down at her paws trying to figure out how to try and explain or even where to begin.

Even all the way up here, the thought of letting down her mentor hung over her. She didnt want Tigerstar to think she was not going to be able to fight for her clan. But at the same time, this was her starclan cat, any doubts she had had to try and be resolved right?
"I dont like hurting things, not for real at least. Some apprentices they kill butterflies and flowers for fun. They are just mean to be mean. I dont understand them at all."

The imagry of Auburnpaw slicing up butterflies and trombling over flower replayed in her mind and she flicked her folded ears in discomfort. Auburnpaw would probably trample her gifted honeysuckle if they had the chance to and it made rapidpaw press the gift from her starclan guide closer into her wispy rose coloured pelt all the more.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6726

PostSubject: Re: Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 9 Apr 2024 - 13:52

Flutterpetal's smile sobered at Rapidpaw's question. It was... a good question. Pertinent, too. Perhaps this was why the stars had wanted him to talk to her. Compared to Crakeburn, it was almost difficult to tell that they were siblings; but then again, he and Adderdawn hadn't been the most similar either, had they? This question was difficult, but given its importance, he would do his best to answer. The fluffy black tom sat down and waved his tail for a moment, thinking carefully. How to word this?... "I understand just what you mean," he said gently. "I always felt the same way, too. Compared to hunting and running, I never liked fighting much--especially the thought of actually hurting someone. I always wished that it was never necessary, and all the Clans could just be friends." Distantly he remembered Murkyriver and Honeylight, and a small smile crossed his face. "I still do wish that. Unfortunately, life is a lot more complicated than just wishing."

He tilted his head, causing the daisy-hyacinth crown to slant askew, but not fall off. "Actually, I died in a fight. ShadowClan cats invaded the territory as a prelude to war... but there never ended up being a war, because both my brother and I were killed. It all started with an accidental blow that ended my life." Thinking about the wound he'd suffered made his neck itch, even though there wasn't really any blood in his spirit form. He rubbed it with a soft paw for a moment, before returning his focus to Rapidpaw. "However, it was necessary that I was willing to fight for my Clan. As much as I disliked unsheathing claws, I would've done what I could to keep my Clan and especially my family safe. I wish it would never be necessary... but sometimes, you may have to make a hard decision about when to fight." Flutterpetal smiled again, his green eyes glittering slightly. "It's okay not to like fighting, Rapidpaw. In fact, it's even good to avoid fighting whenever it's possible. But sometimes, you won't be able to avoid it. And in times like those, in times when you or those you love are in danger, then you will need to be ready." The imagery she mentioned of killing butterflies and flowers made him wince. He didn't understand the urge to destroy such beautiful things, either. It was foreign to him, just as much as the thought of climbing trees or swimming. "And, yes... some cats are cruel. There's not really anything we can do about that. All we can do is be ourselves, and be kind, and enjoy the life that we have. Try not to let it bother you too much. We can't force other cats to be like us. But maybe, if we just live in the best way that we can, we can inspire others to change their lives for the better."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Rapidpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: