Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I Will Look for You as the Sun Rises Higher (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 310

I Will Look for You as the Sun Rises Higher (c) Empty
PostSubject: I Will Look for You as the Sun Rises Higher (c)   I Will Look for You as the Sun Rises Higher (c) EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 3:05 pm

Tallshadow blinked as the first faint blush of dawn light flickered across his nose. Half-asleep still, the lanky tom tucked his nose further under his feathery tail, leaning back into Goldengale’s warmth- but there was no hulking mass of golden fur curled up next to him. The warrior slowly sat up, shaking the gathered snow from his stiff spine. His sister's absence ached like an adder bite. He stared at where she should be sleeping, the undisturbed snow next to his own divot. Undisguised grief, raw and intense, flashed across his angular features before he turned his face away, and looked upwards to the sky. It was still caught between the frozen dim of the night and the lighter colors of morning. The dwindling stars of Silverpelt flecked the fading darkness. He hadn’t missed it.

Tallshadow leapt from the rocky outcropping where many of the warriors had bedded down for the night to a less sheltered ledge. His golden pelt was cast pale and silvered for a moment in the honeyed dawn. The swirl of bitter wind that ruffled his fur was a welcomed distraction. He observed the same ritual he had done every morning since he was a kit, but it seemed every moon he had more names to add. He silently called each star by name, his mother, his littermates, his apprentice, and now, Goldengale. Goodnight. He thought. ”And happy hunting.” He whispered quietly to the dawn, his voice as soft and reverent as prayer.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalpaw, deerkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc apprentice, wc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 1000

PostSubject: Re: I Will Look for You as the Sun Rises Higher (c)   I Will Look for You as the Sun Rises Higher (c) EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 6:51 pm

All Hail WindClan's Resident Libra
pantherpounce
I don't live because I can't die, but I'm chained to something.
Pantherpounce had always been aware of the dangers that this situation had put WindClan in. To escape the forest territories in order to avoid turmoil only to be thrown into harsher turbulence had to have been a punishment from a higher force that even he couldn't comprehend on his own. The Clans had been plunged into sickness and thrown to the claws of wolves all in rapid succession, and it made the dark tom wonder if the journey to the lake had been worth it. He wondered how many cats would have lost their lives if they would've stayed in the broken forest, and if it would've even come close to the amount of cats that had lost their lives at the lake. Apparently to live was to experience countless tragedies, but why did it have to be that way?

The smoke-furred warrior was fortunate enough to be born with a pelt that was long enough to keep him decently warm in the harshness of the snow and protect him from the merciless fangs of the cold, but he knew that many of his Clanmates weren't blessed the same way. His sleep was disturbed, not because he was bothered by the weather, but because he was restless. His mind was a whirlwind. He had been too occupied carrying some of WindClan's kits to know about Goldengale's death until she had long passed and fallen victim to her injuries, but he could clearly remember the grief he had felt. His face had remained unchanging, but his heart had felt as heavy as a stone in water. Pantherpounce had never felt grief before, and he wasn't sure how to articulate the feeling. Surely, though, the aching couldn't compare to Tallshadow's pain.

He noticed the other tom as he quietly emerged from the makeshift sleeping spot that WindClan's warriors had formed the night before.
"She's always been full of energy, that one." Pantherpounce started as he approached Tallshadow's side.
He followed the other warrior's gaze up toward the stars as he spoke, "She probably has all the space she needs to run around up there, even if she was taken too soon."
His voice, although monotone as usual, was quieter to avoid disturbing the peace of anyone else nearby. Nobody else needed to be up this early if they didn't want to.
and i answer, "i'm still a hostage of life".

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalpaw sc app 』
deerkit wc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 310

PostSubject: Re: I Will Look for You as the Sun Rises Higher (c)   I Will Look for You as the Sun Rises Higher (c) EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 12:54 pm

Tallshadow turned as Pantherpounce joined him on the ledge, inky fur dark against the stretching expanse of white “Always.” He answered, his voice a quiet rasp in the rocking stillness of the young morning “When I first met her she was just a chaotic bundle of fur, she was hiding in a bush actually.” The lanky tom shook his head in bittersweet amusement. The warmth that stung his chest when he thought of Goldengale, still clumsy with youth, seemed to burn in his lungs like a breath of frigid air.

It was a good distraction to think of the massive molly in life, when she was whole and vibrant, before the wolves laid waste to every fragile thing they had built. He turned his amber gaze to Pantherpounce again. So much had changed since they were both apprentices, sharp with hunger and tumbling around building their battle prowess and testing their skills.

“I’m glad she got to return to the moors, in the end.” Goldengale deserved to hunt eternal where her heart truly lived, tangled with moor grass and the sharp taste of the wind. StarClan’s endless fields should keep her occupied for a while at least. “Hopefully we can too.” He looked down at the twisting mountain paths, piled with rock and snow. The journey still stretched before them, gaping and sore like an open wound.

Another blast of icy wind made the lanky warrior shiver. Tallshadow leaned slightly into his denmate’s thicker fur, gaze still trained on the jagged landscape spread before them. “Do you remember the last gathering back in the forest? Goldengale was so close to starting a scuffle right there in the middle of everything.” There was a flash of fondness over his features, even if the easy joy of that night had been dulled by omens and change, it was still a good memory.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalpaw, deerkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc apprentice, wc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 1000

PostSubject: Re: I Will Look for You as the Sun Rises Higher (c)   I Will Look for You as the Sun Rises Higher (c) EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 pm

All Hail WindClan's Resident Libra
pantherpounce
I don't live because I can't die, but I'm chained to something.
Pantherpounce met his denmate's gaze and flicked his tail slightly as he thought of the stretch of moorland from the place of his birth. The Clans traveling to the lake had provided a change in scenery, but there truly was no place like home. Goldengale was always ready to jump into action, always eager to hunt and fight, and he supposed that truly was a trait that all warriors should have. He couldn't help but feel resentful, though. If she would've fled instead of attempting to take on the beasts at the lake, then perhaps she would be here with them, watching as the sun bled into the night and the stars melted together to create the dawn.

"I know I teased her about breaking the truce, and that was all fun and games, but I didn't think she'd actually attempt something so dangerous. You, me, and Goldengale are tall but those creatures were bigger than the three of us combined. She should've fled. It was all so avoidable." He commented, turning his head to glance down at his paws. At the end of the day, he was angrier at the wolves than he was at any of his Clanmates. It was instilled a Clan cat's mind from an early age that to fight for their Clan was the highest honor. Still, Goldengale's death wasn't fair. Plenty of punishments weren't fair. It wasn't fair that he was unable to show how distraught he was about the death of his friend, and it wasn't fair that she had joined StarClan so soon.

Nothing was fair, really.
and i answer, "i'm still a hostage of life".

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalpaw sc app 』
deerkit wc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Will Look for You as the Sun Rises Higher (c)   I Will Look for You as the Sun Rises Higher (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

I Will Look for You as the Sun Rises Higher (c)
Page 1 of 1