Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Motherly Advice [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 703

Motherly Advice [c] Empty
PostSubject: Motherly Advice [c]   Motherly Advice [c] EmptySun 7 Jan 2024 - 20:27

Honeypaw

Honeypaw had been exhausted from her training sessions. Between her private training with Brackenpaw, her official training with her mentor, Mistflower, and her unofficial mentor, Sunfire, her limbs were aching, and her claws hurt. She felt like she never got any sleep these days, with Brackenpaw waking her up for moonhigh training, or before the sun even rose for their sessions with Sunfire. All the while she felt like mouse dung with her runny nose, scratchy, sore throat, and added fatigue.

She had to talk about it. She knew exactly where to go.
Sniffling a little, she made her way to the area of camp where Wolfblossom, SkyClan's deputy and her grandmother, could be found organizing patrols or overseeing training. Her ears pinned back, tail dragging through the snow, she sought the solace of someone who may be able to tell her exactly what she needed to hear.

"Wolfblossom?" she mewed, milling about, searching for her mother-figure.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneykit [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Kit [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5715

PostSubject: Re: Motherly Advice [c]   Motherly Advice [c] EmptyMon 8 Jan 2024 - 13:49

It seemed as though Wolfblossom's life revolved around delegating tasks to her clanmates. Patrol here, do this, do that. If it wasn't that, it was ceremonies, or planning future ceremonies for the many kits in Skyclan's nursery. A far more enjoyable task. Less enjoyable was the worry that they would fall prey to the illness that had swept over the clan. Smokepetal and her apprentices seemed to be making progress in relieving symptoms... But Wolfblossom still worried for the clan.

The sound of her name being called drew the deputy from her thoughts, and she turned toward her granddaughter with a smile. "Honeypaw!" She greeted warmly, "How are you doing? Training going well?" Honeypaw certainly looked tired enough for that to be the case... Though the scratchiness the deputy heard in her voice already said that she was coming down with something, and Wolfblossom knew all too well how draining it was to be sick.

"You feeling okay?" She would push the apprentice toward Smokepetal's den if she had to.

Skyclan Leader | Characters | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Motherly Advice [c]   Motherly Advice [c] EmptyMon 8 Jan 2024 - 14:12

Honeypaw

Honeypaw briefly buried her nose in Wolfblossom's fur upon greeting, as she usually did with her mother-figure. A wave of gratitude enveloped her as she heard the warmth and concern in her grandmother's greeting. Honeypaw knew that her brothers cared deeply about her, and wanted to protect her, too, but they did so in a different way.

"Training is going great," she answered, her pale blue eyes meeting Wolfblossom's. And that was true enough, as exhausting as it was. "I feel like there's always something for me to do, and something new to learn. I enjoy training with everyone." She tried to sound genuine, despite the fatigue of illness weighing her down. "But..." she trailed off, searching for words.

"I'm worried that I'm not doing good enough," she admitted, scrabbling at the snow beneath her paws. "Shatteredpaw and Brackenpaw seem to have it all together. Being a warrior comes natural for them. They're so big and strong, and they catch onto everything easily." Her voice swelled with pride for her two brothers, whom she adored so much. "And I know they want to help me be a great warrior, too..." her voice cracked suddenly. Honeypaw felt a sudden sting behind her eyes, and she blinked, looking down at the ground. "Someone they can be proud to hunt and fight alongside. But I..."

She thought back to her first night as an apprentice with Brackenpaw, climbing trees and fighting an owl together with her brother. That night had nearly been a disaster, and though she had felt confident about climbing her first tree, the owl had scared her away from it. It feels like I'll never be the same... Then Honeypaw's thoughts drifted to her training sessions with her mentor, Mistflower, and how guilty she felt when she sank her claws into her first prey. How intimidated she felt by the prospect of battle with another cat during her sessions with Sunfire. Before she knew it, Honeypaw was blinking back real tears. Despair threatened to engulf her. Instinctively, she leaned into Wolfblossom's fur to hide her face.

"I'm sorry Wolfblossom, I really want to become a great warrior that SkyClan can be proud of." She sniffled. "But I don't know if I can do it!" her voice was beginning to rise in the beginnings of a wail. She gulped it down, trying to remind herself not to behave like a kit. After a moment, she spoke again, her voice low and wobbly. "I'm always so scared... and I hate hurting other creatures..." She looked back up at Wolfblossom now, her eyes wet. "How can I become a strong warrior like this? It's not fair!"

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneykit [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Kit [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Motherly Advice [c]   Motherly Advice [c] EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024 - 10:02

"I'm glad training is going well. These aren't ideal circumstances for anyone, much less apprentices learning to navigate aspects of being a warrior while everything around them seems chaotic at best." With so many cats fallen ill, the apprentices and the few warriors available to train them had a more difficult time even without the strange territory and rising tensions. "You're all working hard." She added.

Her brows furrowed as Honeypaw continued, a 'but' laden heavy with emotion following. The apprentice was unsure of herself, and Wolfblossom listened as she spoke. "Just because it feels like they learn faster, it doesn't mean you aren't learning alongside them." Wolfblossom began, tail gently brushing Honeypaw's shoulder. "Every apprentice learns at their own pace, Honeypaw. Graywind took longer to become a warrior than her brothers, but she knows the same things, hunts and fights as well as they do. Mistflower became a warrior long after Stoneheart did - they are each as skilled as the other, even if fighting does not come naturally to Mistflower she knows how and is just as capable as our other clanmates." She continued. Mistflower was a gentle, shy tabby, very unlike a lot of Skyclan's more hotheaded, battle-ready cats... But that was no knock at all on her ability or skill, "What matters is that you learn, not how fast you learn, or how easy or difficult it seems. Not every cat picks up things immediately, and we all learn differently."

"What is easy for you might be harder for your brothers to pick up, and the opposite is true. That doesn't mean you are less or unworthy."

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Motherly Advice [c]   Motherly Advice [c] EmptySat 13 Jan 2024 - 18:38

Honeypaw

Honeypaw let herself be soothed by Wolfblossom's calm, soothing voice. She sniffled, and her attention was piqued at the mention of her mentor's name. She lifted her head, looking up at Wolfblossom and blinking away her tears.

"Mistflower was made a warrior after Stoneheart, really?" she mewed, surprised. "Mistflower is such a nice mentor," she commented. That made her think. Mistflower was like me, so that means that she's perfect the perfect mentor for me. I can talk to her about this, too. She pulled away from Wolfblossom's chest, blinking away the rest of her tears, and met her adoptive mother's gaze.

"I hope, when Shatteredpaw and Brackenpaw are warriors before me, they can still take me on patrols," she mewed, a little more cheerful. "Thank you, Wolfblossom. Your advice always leaves my paws feeling lighter," she purred and gave her mother-figured a good-natured headbutt, her eyes shining.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Motherly Advice [c]   Motherly Advice [c] EmptySun 14 Jan 2024 - 9:17

"She was. By around a season, if I remember right." Wolfblossom nodded, "But she's a good cat and a skilled warrior. You might have more in common with her than you realize." Honeypaw pulled away from her, seeming to blink away her tears, and Wolfblossom smiled at her granddaughter. She was happy to see that her words seemed to help a bit.

"Of course they will." And if they didn't, well, nothing was stopping Wolfblossom from assigning them to patrols with their sister. She didn't think it would come to that, however.

A raspy purr left her as the young she-cat headbutted her, and Wolfblossom briefly touching her nose to the top of Honeypaw's head before pulling back herself. She prayed that contact wouldn't be enough to worsen the illness raging through the clan, that hopefully, like Bubblepaw, Honeypaw would stay healthy... But the she-cat's words pulled her away from the worry.

"You can always come to me to talk, Honeypaw. I don't know that I'll always have the best advice all the time... But I'll always try."

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motherly Advice [c]   Motherly Advice [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Motherly Advice [c]
Page 1 of 1