Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

try me [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4942

try me [closed] Empty
PostSubject: try me [closed]   try me [closed] EmptyFri 29 Dec 2023 - 4:01

Murkyriver had been feeling stronger, slowly, one day at a time. She had been able to go out on a patrol yesterday, and felt strong enough to do more beyond that. Though she was nowhere near what she should be, her body was at least adapting to her current situation. Her pelt was still matted in several places, but a majority of the mats had been groomed out with a particularly lengthy grooming session. With that in mind, though, she wanted to spar. It would be the easiest way for her to truly understand just how poorly she was doing. Thankfully, the cold leaf-bare air offered some semblance of assistance to her ever-burning fur.

Spotting the first clanmate she could, she pushed herself to her paws. Her head hung low in challenge, but her tail leveled out to at least show it was friendly. "I wish to spar," She stated, not even truly caring just who it was, just that they appeared to at least be a warrior. "I will then know how ill I still am." If they needed reason for why one of Riverclan's sicker warriors wanted to fight, well... this was it. Plus, she wanted to spar in the snow and become familiar with the powdery terrain in the context of a fight.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2969

try me [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: try me [closed]   try me [closed] EmptyFri 29 Dec 2023 - 5:16

Larkspring

Larkspring was tired. Doing so many things every day tired him out. He was used to the breaks of his apprenticeship. He grew bored with them, but he didn’t realize how much he would miss something as simple as a break. They did not have many cats that could work, so he did what he could each day until he was able to rest. Some cats were starting to gain back their strength, which gave him a little more time to rest—and gave Murkyriver the chance to speak with him.

He looked at her and frowned. “Are you sure that’s a good idea?” Murkyriver still looked sick…but she also looked determined. He wasn’t sure if she would actually take “no, you’re sick” as an answer. He had the time on his hands anyway. “…well, alright. I haven’t sparred since before we got here anyway. There are far fewer predators than there were back at the forest.”

They found a clear area off by the sparse rivers and creeks surrounding RiverClan’s temporary residence. He shook out his coat to prepare. He wondered if he should let Murkyriver go first, since she’s feeling sick…but then he decided against it. She was far more experienced than he was, and so he needed all the chances he could get.

Larkspring leapt at Murkyriver, pinning her down beneath his spindly limbs. He used no claws, of course; he would not turn a claw against a clanmate, even if this one did come from another clan at one point.

Larkspring used Leap and Hold! Murkyriver is pinned for 1 turn.

Murkyriver (0/1 PINNED)
32 / 40 HP (-8)
80 / 80 SP

Larkspring
40 / 40 HP
85 / 100 SP (-15)
RiverClan • T1 Warrior • He/Him • 30 | 80 • #787878
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards

Last edited by xaandiir on Fri 29 Dec 2023 - 5:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15095

try me [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: try me [closed]   try me [closed] EmptyFri 29 Dec 2023 - 5:16

The member 'xaandiir' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

try me [closed] Mistpe10
try me [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

try me [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: try me [closed]   try me [closed] EmptyFri 29 Dec 2023 - 5:25

To her pleasant surprise, the tuxedo-pelted tom actually agreed. He gave fantastic reasoning that had pushed even Murkyriver herself to have a spar on her mind. With a flame in her eyes that hadn't burnt out, instead only grew wilder, she followed. Her stance stayed the same. If anything, it somehow spent less energy for her to keep her head lowered than to raise it and walk proudly. Her steps carried a friendly sway to them, even as every other part of her body read a predator ready to strike.

Once they'd found their clearing, it was with a blink of shock that Larkspring had deduced himself to be the one to begin the spar. Preparing to move out of the way, it came just a heartbeat too late as the tom was easily able to land on top of her, especially from how she had positioned herself. Instinct told her to twist, but she found herself unable to fully twist in a manner that would get Larkspring off of her. At least a paw could graze at his tail, which she dug at with sheathed claws to hopefully surprise him with the sensation.

Murkyriver used Duck and Twist! Failed! It cost -5SP. (Pinned 1/1 Turns)
Murkyriver
32 / 40 HP
75 / 80 SP (-5)

Larkspring
36 / 40 HP (-4)
85 / 100 SP

Last edited by Kitty on Fri 29 Dec 2023 - 5:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

try me [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: try me [closed]   try me [closed] EmptyFri 29 Dec 2023 - 5:25

The member 'Kitty' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

try me [closed] Mistpe10
try me [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

try me [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: try me [closed]   try me [closed] EmptyFri 29 Dec 2023 - 23:07

Larkspring

Murkyriver moved with surprising veracity despite being ill. The clipping smack from her paw surprised him and the movement was enough for him to feel uneasy, so he slipped off of her. He hissed on instinct, but didn’t actually seem upset. He wished he could have pinned her for longer, but he would just have to keep trying. Larkspring immediately followed up with a quick clap against Murkyriver’s ear. He stepped back, body tense as he waited for Murkyriver’s counterattack.

Larkspring used Front Paw Strike, dealing 8 damage and costing 7 SP.

Murkyriver
24 / 40 HP (-8)
75 / 80 SP

Larkspring
36 / 40 HP
78 / 100 SP (-7)
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

try me [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: try me [closed]   try me [closed] EmptySat 30 Dec 2023 - 2:12

As he went against her ear, Murkyriver saw an opening. She'd already been keeping her body close to the ground, slithering along much more like an adder rather than a vicious feline from above. She'd take her chance, though, darting forward and batting her paws against Larkspring's belly, before freeing herself on the other side. Her tail flicked in pride at the maneuver, but she kept her gaze ready for whatever it was that her opponent would go for next.

Murkyriver tried for a belly rake! SUCCESS! -15 HP, and -25 SP

Murkyriver
24 / 40 HP
50 / 80 SP (-25)

Larkspring
21 / 40 HP (-15)
78 / 100 SP

Last edited by Kitty on Sat 30 Dec 2023 - 2:15; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

try me [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: try me [closed]   try me [closed] EmptySat 30 Dec 2023 - 2:12

The member 'Kitty' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

try me [closed] Mistpe10
try me [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

try me [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: try me [closed]   try me [closed] EmptyMon 1 Jan 2024 - 20:26

Larkspring

Though no claws were used, the quick bats against his tummy ached, but not as badly as his ego hurt after such an attack. Larkspring rolled away with another pathetic hiss as he glared at Murkyriver. His mind flashed back to when he was an apprentice and he had battled against Wrenpaw, who had used the same move against him. It had left him too tired to keep going. He could still go now, but the aches made it harder to keep up. He wondered if he would have to use the same move to win against Murkyriver…it would be risky, that was for certain. He hoped it wouldn’t come t that.

Larkspring leaped towards Murkyriver again. His paws caught around her scruff and he pushed her down into the puddles around them. He was glad RiverClan had found a wet area to stay at so this move could still be used. He just hoped Murkyriver wasn’t strong enough to overcome the surprise.

Larkspring used Underwater Cinch, dealing 8 damage and costing 10 SP.

Murkyriver
16 / 40 HP (-8)
50 / 80 SP

Larkspring
21 / 40 HP
68 / 100 SP (-10)

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

try me [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: try me [closed]   try me [closed] EmptyMon 1 Jan 2024 - 20:47

She could see how that seemed to frustrate the tuxedo tom, watching as he then went to take advantage of the water around them. It was certainly understandable, such a move would easily leave a foe vulnerable. But the adrenaline of the fight was coursing through her body, offering her a strength that she hadn't seen in awhile. She was definitely going to spend it in her nest for the next few sunrises, but it was worth it to her. She could defend her Clan if she had to.

As her head was pushed towards the water, she instinctively held her breath as her training had taught her to. Opening her eyes, she twisted just enough to nip at one of his legs. Murkyriver used enough caution so her teeth wouldn't remotely penetrate his fur, but it would be enough to allow her to get her head out of the water and back onto more preferable terrain during their spar.

Murkyriver used Random Recall + Snap! She dealt 8 damage and used 12 (7+5) stamina.

Murkyriver
16 / 40 HP
38 / 80 SP [-12]

Larkspring
13 / 40 HP [-8]
68 / 100 SP

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

try me [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: try me [closed]   try me [closed] EmptySun 7 Jan 2024 - 10:00

Larkspring

Larkspring breathed heavily after he pulled away from Murkyriver’s nip at his fur. Murkyriver was strong, evident by how she recovered almost instantly from the push into the water. He’d managed to force her into making defensive moves, but he knew it was only a matter of time before she tried something sneaky like he just did. Maybe he could push her a little longer, but that attack against his belly had really done him in. If he wanted to win…He would have to risk trying to mirror the same maneuver.

He moved in like he was going one way, only to instead suddenly lurch the other so he could knock Murkyriver onto her back. His back paws kicked up against her belly, recreating the same motion that she had done to him, and the same that Wrenpaw had done against him back in his apprenticeship. He managed to keep it up without losing his balance and when he jumped back onto his feet, he was actually grinning. He didn’t think he’d ever manage that maneuver.

Larkspring attempted Belly Rake. Success! It deals 15 damage and costs 25 SP.[b]

[b]Murkyriver

1 / 40 HP (-15)
38 / 80 SP

Larkspring
13 / 40 HP
43 / 100 SP (-25)

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by xaandiir on Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 10:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

try me [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: try me [closed]   try me [closed] EmptySun 7 Jan 2024 - 10:00

The member 'xaandiir' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

try me [closed] Mistpe10
try me [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

try me [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: try me [closed]   try me [closed] EmptySun 7 Jan 2024 - 17:04

The tortoiseshell fell for the maneuver, letting out a self-frustrated grumble as she had been topped over. His paws scraping over her soft belly fur left a strange crawling feeling along her spine she did not particularly enjoy, but she wasn't going to discount her opponent for going for such a good move and tactic. If this were a real battle, it could have cost her her very life. However, the absolute grin plastered on her clanmates usually stoic face was perhaps a bit infectious, and her own face shifted from discomfort to commendation as she gave him a nod as she took a moment to breathe... only to launch right back at him.

Her teeth went for the space between his neck and shoulder, and her paws followed suit, the rest of her strength going towards pushing him off of her. There wasn't much left in her at this point, but enough to perhaps flip the victory in her favor. She had to try. She just had to try. After all, she wasn't a quitter. Not with the blood of two leaders flowing through her veins. Not with all she'd gone through. Not with the scar from her sister that struck down her face, marking her as a battle-worn champion.

Murkyriver used Snap and Desperate Blows! Dealt 13 (8+5) damage and used 14 (7+7) stamina.
KO Pending!
Murkyriver
1 / 40 HP
24 / 80 SP (-14)

Larkspring
0 / 40 HP (-13)
43 / 100 SP

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

try me [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: try me [closed]   try me [closed] EmptySun 7 Jan 2024 - 20:11

Larkspring

Murkyriver still didn’t know when to call it quits. He could see how exhaustion weighed on her. If this was a real fight, she’d be on her last leg, nearly bleeding out, and yet she still pressed on here. Her paws came in a barrage and Larkspring barely managed to dodge the more brutal swing of her paw. He lashed out with a paw, trying to convince her that this fight was over.

Larkspring used Dodge and Fight...but the Counterattack was unsuccessful.

Murkyriver
1 / 40 HP
24 / 80 SP

Larkspring
8 / 40 HP (+8)
36 / 100 SP (-7)

Larkspring was not a foolish cat. He knew when he was at his limit, and he wouldn't have the grace to dodge another blow from Murkyriver. Murkyriver may not have known when to accept a defeat, but he did.

"Enough!" he hissed at her and backed away several paces before the momentum of the fight would bring her to attack again. Larkspring looked away and slashed claws at the snow on the ground, causing a bit of it to be thrown in the air. "Foxdung."

He can't defeat a clanmate that is sick, and he couldn't even defeat a medicine cat apprentice with little warrior training. Larkspring was pathetic.

Murkyriver has won the spar!

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP