Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Blow After Blow [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit
Number of posts : 686

Blow After Blow [C] Empty
PostSubject: Blow After Blow [C]   Blow After Blow [C] EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 11:20

Bearpaw

It had been some time since he'd spoken with Sunfire on any deeper level so, the moment he had gathered his thoughts, Bearpaw abandoned Smokepetal and Thymepaw to search for his dad. There was so much for them to discuss and, as far as he knew, very little time to discuss it. With Ploverpaw still missing, he hesitated to even tell Sunfire the news, but he had a right to know. Besides, if anyone could help him get out of this or at the very least make the most of it, it was his dad. Already, Bearpaw was livid that he was chosen to go to Windclan instead of Thymepaw. His entire family was here and what did Thymepaw have - a few friends?

Surely, Sunfire would be able to come up with a plan, though. Thankfully, it didn't take too long for Bearpaw to find the yellow tom and as his calm walk turned into a more frantic trot, he tried to find the words to explain what was happening. Was there any way he could tell Sunfire without sending the older tom into a fit of anger? There was already so much he had to deal with and now this? Tensions between the clans were high and it was all because of their trespass on Thunderclan territory before the journey. Bearpaw sighed as he came to a halt beside Sunfire, his skin prickling with unease. Could things possibly get any worse?

"Dad... He shifted his paws uncomfortably, avoiding his father's yellow eyes. "We need to talk." He glanced furtively around the makeshift camp, then continued. "Away from the rest of the clan." Sunfire, of course, knew that Bearpaw had been chosen to become a medicine cat. What he didn't know, however, was that Starclan had decided that he would be Windclan's medicine cat - not Skyclan's.

It wouldn't be easy breaking the news to Sunfire who, in all honestly, distrusted and loathed the other clans more than him. What would he do when he found out that Bearpaw was going along with it? Would he be disappointed? Angry? Bearpaw shuddered at the thought of his father's fury directed towards him. It didn't matter - he just had to be honest. They were family, after all, Sunfire would understand.

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: Blow After Blow [C]   Blow After Blow [C] EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 19:06

It was rare these days that Sunfire allowed himself to rest, and after half of his morning was spent sitting idly around, he resolved to never do it again. This was so incredibly dull, just watching everyone else come and go and do things, and he just didn't. But he'd seen the medicine cat leave last night with Bearpaw and Thymepaw in tow, and he'd glowered after them for many moments after they disappeared, tail whipping crossly atop the frozen ground. Now, he was waiting for them to come back, to be reassured once and for all that their silly little dreams didn't work, that his son was meant to be a warrior, not a herb-collecting pacifist like Smokepetal. Bearpaw as a medicine cat. The thought left a bitter taste in his mouth, the idea that a born and trained killer like Bearpaw was suited to a lifetime of mending wounds and delivering kits.

Sunfire sneered at the absurdity of it all, and he sat back and he waited, until finally, Bearpaw's familiar silhouette slid into view. He stretched and rose as his son approached him, brows raising at the sudden, urgent change in pace. Bearpaw's body language was... concerning, but Sunfire let him speak without interruption. His tail flicked curiously, and without a word, he tipped his head towards the exit, and then led Bearpaw out, towards the lake. When they were safe from prying ears, Sunfire slowed, turning to face the other tom. "Tell me," he said quietly, his eyes traveling past the apprentice, to scan the treeline behind him.
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit

PostSubject: Re: Blow After Blow [C]   Blow After Blow [C] EmptySat 30 Dec 2023 - 10:05

Bearpaw

Bearpaw dipped his head in agreement as Sunfire led the way out of their camp and into the woods. They walked in silence, him too nervous to utter a word and Sunfire likely waiting until they were far away from curious ears. Finally, they came to a stop far from the camp and Sunfire turned to him, his body tense. Stifling a growl, Bearpaw stepped closer to his dad, blue eyes glittering with a mixture of anger and concern. Something about Sunfire brought out his more combative side. They were a dynamic duo - two cats that would always have each other's backs - and Sunfire knew exactly how to draw out different sides of him.

Shoulders tight, the brown and white tom stared at the golden warrior, pelt prickling. "I am a medicine cat apprentice. It has been done." The words left a dry, sour taste in his mouth - not unlike traveling herbs - and he scrunched his nose distastefully. Sunfire would be furious, so he had to be furious as well. "Some Starclan cat...Dovefrost, spoke to me." At this point, he hesitated, weighing his words carefully. Well, there was one thing Sunfire needed to know.

Taking a deep breath, Bearpaw steeled himself and went on. "Starclan intends to send me to Windclan...to be their medicine cat." He didn't elaborate further, leaving out their so called 'reasons' as well as the rest of what Dovefrost had told him. That could wait for another day, this was already a lot for Sunfire to take in and Bearpaw knew he wouldn't be pleased at all. Not becoming the great warrior Sunfire had trained him to would be bad enough, but to see his son sent to Windclan? Bearpaw repressed a shiver. He would hate to be the cat on the other end of his father's rage.

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Blow After Blow [C]   Blow After Blow [C] EmptySat 30 Dec 2023 - 12:35

It was clear to Sunfire that the news Bearpaw had was not the news he wanted to hear. His eyes followed the young tom as he moved closer, taking in the tight posture, the conflict in his gaze. Sunfire took a steady breath, hoping to transfer some measure of calm to his son so he could get out what he needed to say. When Bearpaw did speak, the pinprick of hope Sunfire had - that this was all some sort of misunderstanding - dissolved on the spot. He'd hoped that when Smokepetal did her silly little herb ritual, she'd realize she had the wrong cat for the job, but apparently not.

Though it was difficult to keep his expression neutral, somehow he managed. If there was one thing he didn't want, it was for his apprentice to think that Sunfire was mad at him. No matter. If they wanted to teach Bearpaw about herbs, fine. He would just double up on the apprentice's combat training, in return. Bearpaw wasn't yet allowed to be a warrior in name, but Sunfire would ensure he'd have the training of one. And when the others finally realized that the tom's skills were far better suited elsewhere, perhaps they would see reason.

He exhaled a quick, unamused snort, but Bearpaw continued before he could comment. He fought the urge to roll his eyes at the mention of StarClan, but was unable to hide the annoyance within them... annoyance that quickly turned into an unimpressed half-glare at Bearpaw's final statement. He stared, and he waited... for what, exactly, he was unsure. A smirk? A hint of humor in his son's blue eyes? A "ha, gotcha!" at the last moment?

None of those came, though. He wasn't joking. He wasn't joking?

Silence. Deafening, incredulous silence. Sunfire fell to his haunches.

Finally: "That's ridiculous."

Bearpaw couldn't go to WindClan because Bearpaw was SkyClan. The blood of generations of SkyClan warriors and leaders ran through his veins. First, the absurd notion that he should be a medicine cat, now, WindClan's medicine cat?  Sunfire had heard through the grapevine that WindClan lost both their medicine cats... but how was that SkyClan's problem? Why couldn't WindClan pick one of their own apprentices? More importantly - why would Smokepetal come up with the idiotic idea that Bearpaw should be sent to WindClan? Never before had Sunfire been tempted to put claws into one of his own clanmates, to shake them like an impudent kit, to knock some common sense between their ears.

"That's ridiculous," he repeated, though his tone had shifted to something angrier. "We'll take this to Wolfblossom and Birdstar immediately. I'll see it squashed. If they think for a moment that I would allow-" Sunfire stopped abruptly and closed his eyes, exhaling as slowly as he could manage. He was furious, there was no hiding that. But an outburst here wouldn't help Bearpaw - in fact, the young tom looked closer to afraid than Sunfire had ever seen before.

"We will figure this out. I promise you, my son, I will do everything in my power to fix this." He briefly touched his forehead to Bearpaw's, and then pulled back, eyes hard. "No matter who, or how many, I have to go through."  
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Blow After Blow [C]   Blow After Blow [C] EmptyThu 4 Jan 2024 - 14:59

Bearpaw

Bearpaw studied Sunfire's gaze for several, long moments, his chest growing tighter and tighter the longer his father was silent. It wasn't often that he questioned himself and even less often that he regretted something, but seeing his father's reaction to the news made him want to curl up into a ball and vanish into the dirt. He was Sunfire's only son...it was his job to make the golden tom proud. It was his job to follow the path laid out before him, he couldn't believe he'd let himself be persuaded into the gentle life of a medicine cat. How disappointed Sunfire must be to see him falter. First Ploverpaw's disappearance and now this...what was becoming of his family?

However, Bearpaw shuffled his paws, blue eyes narrowed on Sunfire's face. Why did he look like that? Where was the anger he had been anticipating? Was there really not even a spark of fury, of something in Sunfire's heart? Finally, after what seemed like eons, Sunfire collapsed back to his haunches, startling a concerned gasp from Bearpaw. At last, his father spoke, and Bearpaw couldn't help but hum in agreement. Ridiculous indeed - but he had little say in the matter.

Even now, what was there to say? He had delivered his news, however horrible they may be, it was up to Sunfire now to decide what to do with this new information. For once, Bearpaw hoped his father would remain calm and help him find a way out of this that didn't involve senseless anger. A way out that didn't turn the ire of countless cat upon them. He still regretted the attempted hunt on Thunderclan's territory - both for putting his kin in danger and for how it had ended.

Sunfire, however, didn't seem keen on taking this lying down. His voice rose, laced with anger, and Bearpaw couldn't help but lean away, tipping his ears back unhappily. Wolfblossom...he didn't like the idea of storming into the camp and yelling at her. Birdstar, he wouldn't mind having words with, but he trusted Wolfblossom. Thankfully, as quickly as the heat entered Sunfire, it seemed to leave, replaced instead with a frightening sort of calm. Bearpaw blinked at his father, closing his eyes as he leaned in to touch his nose to the top of his head. The tension left Bearpaw's body as Sunfire spoke, and he sighed.

He knew he could trust Sunfire to have his back. "I- alright." He hesitated for a moment as Sunfire pulled away, then launched himself at his father and buried his face into his soft fur. He understood that this wasn't an order from any living cat, it was a decree from Starclan themselves. Sunfire may not see that, but he would...in time. "I haven't told Smokepetal...but I'm sure she knows." He meowed, a touch of annoyance in his voice. Heaving a breath, Bearpaw nestled his face into Sunfire's shoulder, his eyes squeezed shut. "I spoke with Starclan, dad. They have this plan for me and I don't know how - if we can stop it."

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Blow After Blow [C]   Blow After Blow [C] EmptyFri 5 Jan 2024 - 19:31

Sunfire didn't move as Bearpaw tumbled into him, aside from the slight widening of the eyes that his son wouldn't have been in the position to see. He was still, but not rigid, and unused to rather than uncomfortable with this level of physical affection. Everyone had been keeping a distance from each other since the sickness started claiming victims, as they should have been... but Sunfire hadn't realized how badly he'd missed this until now. He forced himself to relax and turned so that he could rest his chin on the top of Bearpaw's head.

His feathery tail flicked behind him as he let his son speak, the bitter indignation at the entire circumstance rising like bile in his throat. Already, they had Bearpaw brainwashed into thinking he was speaking to dead cats when he closed his eyes.

Oh, how he wanted to protest. Loudly, and viciously, and until they cleared this ridiculous notion that Bearpaw belonged in the medicine den, much less WindClan's medicine den, from their silly heads. But he would get his chance later, when his anger would actually have effect other than upsetting his son. "Listen to me, Bearpaw. You were born to be a warrior, no matter who or what tells you otherwise. You are SkyClan, you are my son, and I would sooner die where I stand than see you waste away in a medicine den for the rest of your life. I won't lie to you and tell you I know how to fix it, either. But I will never stop trying."

He hoped that Bearpaw couldn't feel the quickened thrum of his heart, wouldn't notice the way his tail swept back and forth upon the ground like an angry snake, that it was by sheer force of will alone that he was managing to keep his paws on the ground. There was no enemy to fight, no physical threat, and yet all Sunfire knew how to do was prepare for one, anyway. What else could he do?
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Blow After Blow [C]   Blow After Blow [C] EmptySun 7 Jan 2024 - 16:56

Bearpaw

Bearpaw heaved a breath, holding back a whimper, as Sunfire remained as still and silent as a stone. His father had never been particularly fond of physical affection, a trait that had passed on to Bearpaw as well, but was it too much to ask for a little comfort? Finally, the golden warrior shifted, his chin coming to rest atop the crown of Bearpaw's head. That moment, this singular act of affection, very nearly brought Bearpaw to tears. He didn't allow himself the luxury of trivial things like this - it was what made cats like Thymepaw soft and weak. But, he supposed he could allow himself this one moment of weakness.

It was bad enough that he was seeing Starclan cats in his sleep. Or, at least, thought that he was seeing them. Sunfire's stance on the mythical clan of dead cats in the sky was very clear to any who met him and Bearpaw, for one, had been inclined to believe what Sunfire believed. However, it was hard to refute the very real truth that something was happening when medicine cats dreamed. Weather it was truly Starclan or not, Bearpaw didn't know.

What he did know, was that cats had been dreaming of these Starclan cats for a looonng time. Maybe it really was real...maybe it was a fluke - he wasn't sure. Whatever the case, there were more important things to focus on and as Sunfire spoke again, Bearpaw flicked his ears up, listening intently. It may not have been what he wanted to hear - a solution to everything - but it was certainly what he needed. All of the breath left Bearpaw in a massive sigh and he sank further into Sunfire's warm pelt, soaking up all of the comfort he could get.

He may not have said anything yet, but even Sunfire had to have realized how utterly horrified he was at the prospect of leaving Skyclan. Becoming a medicine cat, he could live with, but to abandon the only family he had ever known? It was nothing short of cruel. His heart ached at the thought of only seeing his sisters at gatherings. Windclan and Skyclan didn't even share a border...how would he make sure they were okay? Bearpaw drew in a breath, closed off his emotions, and pulled away from Sunfire. He couldn't let his fear overwhelm him. He hadn't when foxes had invaded and he wouldn't now.

Blue eyes flashing, Bearpaw looked at Sunfire, masking all traces of the terror that writhed beneath his skin. "Let's go to Wolfblossom. Now. She has to listen to both of us." She would be hesitant to go against the word of 'Starclan' but he knew that she wouldn't let them send him away to Windclan. He just knew it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blow After Blow [C]   Blow After Blow [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Blow After Blow [C]
Page 1 of 1