Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

All the Extra Bits and Bobs and REGRETS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower, Jaculus
Clan/Rank : [F] Rogue [T1], [J] Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 1221

All the Extra Bits and Bobs and REGRETS Empty
PostSubject: All the Extra Bits and Bobs and REGRETS   All the Extra Bits and Bobs and REGRETS EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 1:15

What it says on the tin! If you, like me, have ever created topics and never actually created them for one reason or another, written an entire post and realised it's out of character or you now can't send it for whatever reason, or have some unfinished something or other clogging up your drafts, here is the place to drop it for posterity's sake :)

If you want to, you can also drop what topic it belonged to, extra information on why it has been so sadly not allowed to live in RP land, and make your own little behind-the-scenes musings. Feel free to go wild!

pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Jaculus | Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Swansong | Rift | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Minkstar | Murkpaw
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/stoneflew/
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower, Jaculus
Clan/Rank : [F] Rogue [T1], [J] Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 1221

PostSubject: Re: All the Extra Bits and Bobs and REGRETS   All the Extra Bits and Bobs and REGRETS EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 1:26

(To begin, I'm gonna drop a post I apparently never sent, that I am very sad I never sent, and apparently never realised I never sent until I happened to be going through my drafts and discovered it sitting there. Enjoy Flame being... an arrogant idiot.
From I can do anything better than you)

He curled his lip, the grin twisting to a sour look. "Oh yeah? Daystar'd probably give us warrior names for going over, because that's what brave, confident cats do." With an arrogant tilt of his head, he sighed dramatically and shrugged, a flicker of a roguish smile crossing his maw again as he backed up, paws strutting artfully across the cold, packed ground. That'd be narrow enough. Besides, it wasn't the act so much as actually being over there that he was interested in. "Guess I'll just have to show you what that looks like. I think you might've lost whatever bravery you had with your tail."

And with that, he darted forwards, paws kicking up clumps of frost, cold wind cutting into his face and narrowed eyes as he judged, shoved against the ground, and flew across the gaping mouth of doom. Practically laughing in its face, he stretched for the opposite side, exhilaration sparking in every hair of his pelt as the rushing waters foamed angrily right beneath him. For a moment, he glimpsed a glittering kaleidoscope of darkness and twinkling light blurring by - a landscape carved by mindless bits of liquid - and then touched down.

Well, kinda.

Maybe he'd misjudged the width a bit, because apparently this part he'd just landed on didn't want to be part of the shore anymore, and had decided it would rather crumble and attempt to drag him into the gorge with it. "Hk!" Lunging forwards, he scrambled onto more solid ground, fur spiked and breaths gasping from his lungs. That was fine, it was cool, he'd made it. He'd made it! Of course he'd made it - he wasn't stupid. This section was easy to jump over - he'd seen rabbits do it.

'Course, the ground didn't usually crumble under them. Just his bad luck he got that spot.

Casually flicking crumbs of dirt off his paws, he turned and sent a daring grin back across the river at Mistypaw, twitching his whiskers. "You doubt me now? Easy as catching frozen field mice."

pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Jaculus | Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Swansong | Rift | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Minkstar | Murkpaw
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/stoneflew/
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7408

PostSubject: Re: All the Extra Bits and Bobs and REGRETS   All the Extra Bits and Bobs and REGRETS EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 1:37

-rub hands together- Its my time to shine, baby! I tend to write posts up in Google Docs so I have a lot saved - either in progress or fully written. So, I have two to share, both of which actually shows how I go around writing solo battles. To keep the length down, I'll have both of them in a spoiler as they were both meant to be solo topics.

Starting with what was meant to be a battle between Flintstar and Muddyleap simply for Muddy's requirements, but I never finished writing it so its in a very rough state. Stage directions, dialogue, the entire battle between them planned out... But the ending was never finished but it would have ended on good terms - it was a friendly spar because Flint was just amused at Muddy being brazen enough to just ask the leader of ShadowClan for a random fight.

Its also mentioned in the write up (via Hay, Muddy's mother mentioning it) but Muddy couldn't feel pain. He could (and once did) get his leg badly ripped up by a rabbit's kick and had no idea because he simply couldn't feel it. He also didn't have a sense of smell which made it hard for him to eat things because it ruined his sense of taste as well and just kinda thought everything was bland. I'm sad I never got to do more with Muddy but that was the way of things, alas. He is still my goof ball son thought.

Flintstar vs Muddyleap:

The moves and HP/SP may seem weird but this was from like a year or two ago so. But as you can see, I like to write battles (at least those where I control both sides) by simply writing out the attacks. Figure out the flow of the battle that way, know each move so I can figure out how they lead into each other. I also actually do this for battles I don't control both sides of - I will open a google docs or notepad and write a back and forth of possible attacks to figure out what my options are so I know what to aim for if I want to win. Of course works better when its near the end of the battle and there are limited moves for each side lol.

But the second thing, this is an actually fully complete solo topic! This was meant to be part of the Death from Beyond sitewide - the reveal of the Sharptooth as a threat judging from the post itself and involves two of my ShadowClan cats from all the way back in 2017. However, when the sitewide was forced to take a different path due to the plot leak, it left this entire solo to collect dust. But no longer! This what-if/almost-was involving my beloved Larksong and Smokestripe will see the light of day! ...And the follow up post that would start a topic for all of ShadowClan to join cause I also have that.

Darkness of Fear:

I also have a battle log for the fight that technically transpired in that topic:

Battle Log:

Edit: I had to make a quick edit because while continuing to look through my google docs, I actually found the doc listing the Sharptooth's abilities so I guess I'll answer quickly if you were a little confused reading over the battle log like I was (who had very much forgotten the Sharptooth info in the last six years).

So, why was the Sharptooth hitting both Smoke and Lark at the same time?!? Well, that was one of its natural abilities - it could attack twice but not at the same target. Very brutal, but that was the point...Which leads me to the other aspect - what the fluff is this 'Hunting Instinct' thing that also happened every time it struck them? Well... For every Heavy Blow and Iron Bite (which was not featured, but would have done 40 damage) that was used, a hunting dice roll would have to be made...And if a 10 was rolled, the target would drop to 0 HP. Oh also it couldn't be stunned, had technically unlimited HP and SP (it was meant to be taken down by a giant force of cats, where it would actually likely have an HP number but that was never decided). I was even planning to keep track of how much damage it took and dished out.

Simply to say, the Sharptooth was OP because it was meant to be - it was a cougar/mountain lion after all. Maybe its for the best it didn't get used, but its always fun to look at what almost was. Anyways, end of edit.

Annnnd then what would have been the follow up topic!

Oncoming Dread:

...You will notice there are links in both of the topic spoilers, I had a thing for naming topics after songs from the Castlevania games OSTs - a habit I feel like I should pick back up but figured I would at least link to their name origins.

All the Extra Bits and Bobs and REGRETS ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon ~ Flurrykit
TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All the Extra Bits and Bobs and REGRETS   All the Extra Bits and Bobs and REGRETS Empty

Back to top Go down

All the Extra Bits and Bobs and REGRETS
Page 1 of 1