Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

hearts and clubs [closed; meeting]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6056

hearts and clubs [closed; meeting] Empty
PostSubject: hearts and clubs [closed; meeting]   hearts and clubs [closed; meeting] EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 0:15

Leopardstar was not doing well. Her symptoms had continued to worsen, showing no sign of improvement, but that was--well, it wasn't not a concern, but it wasn't something she could deal with in the moment.

Lighttail didn't want to remain in ShadowClan, and she couldn't trust Sablestrike to be reasonable in this situation. So, even if she felt as if she were trapped somewhere between life and death, she still had to press on.

At least it hadn't been too difficult to arrange for a meeting. Certainly not compared to everything else they'd dealt with.

"Birdstar," she dipped her head politely, channeling every bit of willpower in her very soul to act as if she were feeling even slightly like herself. Even if she liked SkyClan's leadership, she couldn't show herself as weak. "Wolfblossom."

She hoped no one would question Sablestrike's absence, but it was almost inevitable. If they did, what would she say?

With luck, this meeting would be short. But luck was rarely on ShadowClan's side.

after all the things i’ve said and done; i don’t feel like the chosen one —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5700

PostSubject: Re: hearts and clubs [closed; meeting]   hearts and clubs [closed; meeting] EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 10:47

The cause for a meeting with Leopardstar had very nearly slipped Wolfblossom's weary mind until Stoatclaw was asked for. She remembered that leaf-fall day where he'd taken her out into the forest to confess, and then their lives had erupted into chaos. This meeting, she reflected, would either further that chaos or be a bright spot in recent times. She padded alongside her clanmates, eyes finding Leopardstar's familiar face and a less familiar she-cat accompanying her. Wolfblossom thought she had a vague memory of her from a gathering, a face seen only in passing as her eyes scanned the crowd. Not someone she could put a name to, but Stoatclaw's requested presence and previous conversation meant the deputy would tentatively identify her as Lighttail. As the Skyclanners approached, Wolfblossom took note of Leopardstar - the scent of illness clinging to her like it did so many others. Still, the leader was standing, just as Wolfblossom was. She took note of the she-cat with her, as well as her own clanmates' demeanor as they approached. The she-cat seemed ill as well... Not that any one of them were faring better. These days Wolfblossom was more surprised to see a cat who was healthy.

"Leopardstar," Wolfblossom greeted the leader with her usual politeness, a nod and soft smile, "And you are... Lighttail?" Blue eyes shifted to the she-cat with the Shadowclan leader. She had taken note that Sablestrike was not with Leopardstar as she was with Birdstar, but his absence was unlikely to be the focus of this meeting, she knew. She had spoken with Stoatclaw at length when they'd still been on Skyclan territory, had spoken to Birdstar, and Wolfblossom's intention was the same.

Bringing an ill cat into the clan perhaps wasn't the best move, but Stoatclaw was a loyal warrior and a friend. If Leopardstar was willing to part with one of her warriors, if Lighttail was willing to make the leap, who was she, daughter of similar circumstances, to deny them? If Leopardstar wouldn't part with her warrior, if Lighttail refused to come, Stoatclaw had made it clear what the outcome would be. Wolfblossom would accept it, but she would not enjoy it.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2442

PostSubject: Re: hearts and clubs [closed; meeting]   hearts and clubs [closed; meeting] EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 17:23

Lighttail didn’t even notice the illness hanging on the SkyClanners. These days the stench of sickness had become the new normal. A hacking cough seemed to ripple through her whole body, but Lighttail tried to keep her head held high. “Wolfblossom, Birdstar, greetings,” she mewed, dipping her head respectfully. “I hope we find you no worse than we all are, I wish I could say ‘well.’” Her paws shuffled for just a moment but she quickly stopped, trying to make a good impression.
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1261

PostSubject: Re: hearts and clubs [closed; meeting]   hearts and clubs [closed; meeting] EmptyWed 3 Jan 2024 - 4:16

Crawling, it felt like something was crawling beneath his fur. Stoatclaw knew there was nothing to be concerned about, but that didn't stop him from feeling like this meeting would somehow take a turn. Even with his unfounded fears pressing down the tom couldn't help but brighten at the sight of Lighttail. If all went well he wouldn't have to spend another day apart from her. The thought of sharing a nest with her felt so surreal yet so close. "L-Leopardstar." Stoatclaw dipped his head respectfully to the leader.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

hearts and clubs [closed; meeting] Output12                   hearts and clubs [closed; meeting] Output10                          hearts and clubs [closed; meeting] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit [F]oxkit [Fa]lconkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit [F] Unborn SkyClan Kit [Fa] Unborn WindClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2505

PostSubject: Re: hearts and clubs [closed; meeting]   hearts and clubs [closed; meeting] EmptyFri 5 Jan 2024 - 8:55

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

Birdstar walked beside her Clanmates in silence, save for the fits of sneezing or causing that occasionally broke the unsteady rhythm of her gait. To hear of Stoatclaw's confession... confusion wasn't quite the word to describe her feelings. It surprised her, to degrees; having no foreshadow to the news and not being told directly in particular. She felt mournful over the loss of a warrior shed always liked, even if he'd always felt afraid of her. But if there was a warrior to be peaceably gained, even ill, Birdstar could not bring herself to fight the news. Even if she'd been asked to permit Stoatclaw join ShadowClan, she doubted any ralliance from herself. After all, where would she stand now if Dovefrost had been forced to stay among ThunderClan's ranks?

Shaking loose a cough, Birdstar looked forward to the pair of ShadowClanners awaiting them. The miasmatic air grew denser as they approached. Sickness was evident in both cats. Birdstar's permanent frown momentarily drew tighter as she looked between them--Leopardstar and another cat whom she didn't know, but could assume the identity of. Sablestrike was absent from his place reflecting her own deputy, but she thought little of it except to briefly wish he was well.

While she gave Leopardstar a nod of greeting, Birdstar's attention moved quickly to the other she-cat, blinking slowly at her lengthier greeting. After a quick shake of her head, she bid assumedly-Lighttail a polite nod as well. In the husky rasp of her voice, Birdstar said, "Thank you," looking more directly at her fellow leader when she added, "We wish the same for ShadowClan." She spared a quick glance at Stoatclaw behind her, taking a moment just to survey him: to catch the faint gleam in his eye, the slight twitch of his tail-tip. When she seemed satisfied, Birdstar gave her sister a blink of acknowledgement before turning forward again.

"If there's anything you wish to say, you're welcome to speak first." She offered Leopardstar another nod, encouraging. "But know I'm agreeable to this situation. You don't have to speak to convince me." Birdstar paused to force down breaths, lungs shuddering from the effort of speaking so much. When the chilly shock of being refilled ebbed, she flicked her tail toward Lighttail and added, "I say the same to you. I'd like to hear your own words as well, before either of us leaves here."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#1678C1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6056

PostSubject: Re: hearts and clubs [closed; meeting]   hearts and clubs [closed; meeting] EmptySat 6 Jan 2024 - 13:49

"Lighttail has already made her case to me," Leopardstar said simply, "as to why she would want to leave. I have already warned her of the dangers of the path she wants to walk: distrust, dissatisfaction, the inability to turn back. All that remains, now, is for her to make her case to you. I will not speak for her; it is her place and her right to make her own decisions."

If Lighttail did not consider herself to be a part of ShadowClan, and if she had no intention to stay, then Leopardstar would not consider herself to be her leader; and if Birdstar was amenable--as she seemed to be--then she would allow herself to feel hopeful for her cousin's happiness. She may not understand--she may never understand--but if Lighttail had found love and joy somewhere other than the marsh, then she ought to be able to pursue it.

Though she would miss having her around, a once-reliable warrior. Perhaps, if they had been closer...

But the past was past, and the paths she didn't walk then were lost to her now.

Leopardstar did not cue for Lighttail to speak. That was no longer her place.

after all the things i’ve said and done; i don’t feel like the chosen one —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: hearts and clubs [closed; meeting]   hearts and clubs [closed; meeting] EmptyMon 15 Jan 2024 - 13:41

“I trust Stoatclaw has already told you some of the story,” Lighttail began, anxiety pricking her pelt. “It is true that I have made the choice to join SkyClan, if you will have me. No cat has made this decision for me. My reason is simple, I want to live with my mate and to be somewhere where I am loved.” She let out a breath. “I don’t know what all you do or don’t want to hear about my past, but I accept all questions.” Here she was, at the crucial moment.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: hearts and clubs [closed; meeting]   hearts and clubs [closed; meeting] EmptyTue 16 Jan 2024 - 13:30

Wolfblossom nodded in acknowledgement of Leopardstar's words. Were she in the leader's paws, she would have said much the same. Her eyes turned to Lighttail, listening as she spoke up. She seemed earnest enough, and if Leopardstar had already warned her of the consequences, the she-cat must have considered them.

"As Birdstar says, you don't have to speak to convince us. Our father was Thunderclan and moved to Skyclan. A former leader was once Shadowclan, and moved to Skyclan to be with her own mate." As strange as Briarthorn and Bloodstrike were, they still counted.

"Stoatclaw told me, before we left the forest." Wolfblossom confirmed, "Things have been a little hectic, or perhaps this conversation could have happened sooner." She began, "Although, I am curious. Why Skyclan, and not Shadowclan? I know Stoatclaw has his own reasons - valid reasons. I assume you must have family, friends, that you would be leaving behind. So I would like to know your reasoning for doing so, rather than the other way around." Not that Stoatclaw had much in the way of family in Skyclan, but his history with Shadowclan was... Not a nice one. If Lighttail was genuine in her desire to switch clans, she must have known of that debacle with Redice. As for switching clans in itself, she would let Birdstar speak on the challenges she would face within Skyclan. They were not traditionally a clan accepting of outsiders, though at least Skyclan's leadership held less of a harsh view on it as in the past. Their warriors, on the other paw... Lighttail would earn their trust in time, perhaps. Just as she would have to earn Birdstar and Wolfblossom's beyond the basic courtesy and respect they offered anyone seeking to join their ranks.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: hearts and clubs [closed; meeting]   hearts and clubs [closed; meeting] EmptyWed 17 Jan 2024 - 11:05

Lighttail let her shoulders relax slightly. SkyClan’s leadership understood. That was one hurdle crossed. The most difficult decision of her life was finally falling smoothly into place.

“Thank you,” she mewed simply. “It’s good to know that we’re understood.” She nodded, relieved that Stoatclaw had already explained some things. Lighttail took a deep breath and continued. “I cannot ask Stoatclaw to join ShadowClan. Not after what happened. And I have no… immediate family to leave. My mother joined StarClan before we left the forest and my brother disowned me when I told him about Stoatclaw.” No need to say who her brother was. Their quarrel was a personal matter, not a political one. “Mostly it’s the Redice thing, though. I wouldn’t ask anyone to relive that. And there are cats in our clan who have some… rather strict opinions on half-clan relationships.” No need to elaborate, everyone knew Nightstalker’s history. “I understand that SkyClan has a different terrain and hunting style to ShadowClan and I am willing to learn.”
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: hearts and clubs [closed; meeting]   hearts and clubs [closed; meeting] EmptyFri 19 Jan 2024 - 11:34

Wolfblossom listened as Lighttail spoke. Her words seemed genuine, her love for Stoatclaw clear. Wolfblossom couldn't imagine what it must be like, to have family disown you just for who you called mate (the situation with Trufflesnap briefly flickering to life in her mind, but that was wholly different) but she understood the she-cat's reasoning for wanting to leave. It was a choice her father had made, a choice others would make too. Cats having strict opinions on such things was to be expected, of course, and she would likely face similar scrutiny and suspicion with Skyclan. From her own family though, after already losing her mother no less... "My condolences." It seemed there was little to tie her to her soon to be former clan.

"I'm not one to repeat Leopardstar's words, as I think you've shown understanding of what switching clans will entail." Wolfblossom dipped her head to the Shadowclan leader, gaze turning back to the warrior who would did not seem like she would be leaving with the Shadowclan leader.

"I won't lie to you, some of your new clanmates will be... less than friendly at first. Old beliefs run deep, even as leadership changes." Silverwing came to mind, and Sunfire's hostility toward her at first. "You'll earn their respect as your learn our ways, I think."

"We won't make you undergo a formal apprenticeship from scratch, you already earned your warrior name for a reason. But it will take effort to learn how we hunt and fight in the trees. Stoatclaw will be helping teach you, as will I." She would not be the first cat to join their ranks, and would get the same training. Silverwing, the former Windclanner, had done well. And Wolfblossom might not have realized Briarthorn was anything but Skyclan were it not for the sometimes uncomfortable tension with her own mother. Briarthorn... Perhaps she would point Lighttail in the former Shadowclanner's direction. On first glance they didn't seem at all similar beyond their birth clan, but Briarthorn must have faced similar struggles as she adjusted to Skyclan's ways of hunting and fighting.

"If you accept that, then we welcome you to Skyclan, Lighttail."

((Lighttail is just in time for soup!))

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hearts and clubs [closed; meeting]   hearts and clubs [closed; meeting] Empty

Back to top Go down

hearts and clubs [closed; meeting]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Southern Lake-
Jump to: