Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 703

Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) Empty
PostSubject: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) EmptyTue 19 Dec 2023 - 20:58

(Kit shenanigans! In the heart of the WindClan camp? Causing chaos? Possibly getting underfoot of important warrior business? What ever could happen!! Anyone is welcome to join this silly little topic where Galekit and Cloudykit play together. Cats can watch the playing from the sidelines or even get involved themselves somehow!)

Galekit

The sun was rising above the mountains in the horizon when Galekit roused from another dreamy slumber. Blinking sleep from his eyes, he basked in the warmth of the nursery for a moment, aware of the chilly claw of cold morning air flowing from the mouth of the den. The days were gradually becoming colder, the nights longer, the sun further. Beside him, Morningmoon was a comforting solace of warmth, her flank rising and falling steadily as she breathed. Pressed against him was Cloudykit, his sister.

Only just the other day did she come out of the nursery for the first time, reflected Galekit. She is looking so much better than before now that Morningmoon is letting her out of the den. I am so proud to be her brother. Warmed by his fondness of his sister, he nudged the kit gently, then a little more.

"Cloudykit... Cloudykit!" he whispered in her ear. "Let's go out into the camp and play." He nosed her again to make sure she heard him and clambered out around Morningmoon's legs. He stretched a long stretch and a shiver passed from him from nose to tail as the heat left his fur. "Meet me out in the clearing, Cloudykit," he hissed, and bolted off out of the nursery into the camp.

The camp was still pretty quiet this morning, but the dawn patrol must have already left. Glancing around, Galekit noticed some cats were up doing whatever business warriors do. He locked his eyes on a patch of tall grass, imagining that it was the forest back home, and glanced over his shoulder again to see if his sister was actually following him. That's where we'll play, he decided.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Sun 7 Jan 2024 - 13:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) EmptyTue 19 Dec 2023 - 21:27

Cloudykit was snuggled into her mother's fur, clinging to the warmth. In her dream, though, she was the first explorer of a beautiful and colorful moor.

"Uggh... No..." She whined. The landscape abruptly disappeared as Galekit prodded her, morphing into the nursery. It's gone! She lifted her head, catching a glimpse of Galekit storming out after giving her instructions that she didn't quite catch. As she processed what just happened, she blinked profusely to clear the pesky sleep out of her eyes. Is he okay?

She quietly stepped around Morningmoon, her eyes wide and curious as she padded into the camp clearing. The gorgeous moor she was exploring only a moment ago has been forgotten forever. She was still covered in bits and pieces of their nest.

"Galekit...?" She mewed. "What's going on?"
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) EmptyTue 19 Dec 2023 - 21:48

Galekit

"Cloudykit!!" Galekit turned and saw his sister's ears appar out of the nursery, and he padded up to her. Gesturing with his tail towards the tall grass, he flattened his ears to his head and whispered more quietly, "Look over there... see that tall grass? That's the forest. We're gonna go hunt some mice in the forest. You ready?" He sank his tiny claws into the dirt like needles. "Let's practice the hunting crouch we always see the apprentices do! C'mon, it'll be fun!" His eyes sparkled as he looked at his fluffy, sleepy sister.

Galekit dropped down into a crouch beside Cloudykit, his belly fur just barely brushing the ground, and started forward, towards the tall grass. He glanced over his shoulder with a mischievous look and placed one paw in front of the other as quietly as he could.

"Let's go!"

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 9:04

"Hunt in the forest?" Cloudykit echoed in a mutter to herself as she processed what he was saying, her head tilted slightly as she examined the tall grass. "Let's do it!" She exclaimed in a hissed whisper, her curiosity piqued by what they could find. What if we find real prey? She thought.

She tried her best to mimic Galekit's movements. She lowered her body to the ground in an awkward stance. She was too low, and her long belly fur scraped against the ground. His mischievous glance made her giggle, his enthusiasm was contagious.

"Okay Galekit, I'm ready!"

She began prowling forward, her soft paws making almost no sound. As they ventured forward, she couldn't help but feel a sense of adventure. The world may be scarily complicated and confusing, but in this moment, the rustling tall grass and her excited brother made it a magical place filled with possibilities.

As they got closer to the grass, she attempted to mimic a pounce stance she had witnessed the apprentices doing. She glanced at her brother for reassurance it was correct before she followed through with it.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 18:27

(Sorry for the shorter posts tonight, I am currently battling a headache and trying to get some interaction here before I go hibernate until tomorrow.)

Galekit

Galekit nodded his approval at Cloudykit's crouch. Together, paw by paw, he made his way across the clearing with her, approaching the trees. His tail swished with anticipation as he got closer and he kept casting glances at his sister.

Okay, you go that way, and I will circle around this way," he hissed to Cloudykit, gesturing with his tail, his ears pricked. He broke off and started to circle around to the right of the bunch of grass. It smelled frosty and cold as he pushed his nose between the stalks, stalking carefully so that his pawsteps were silent, totally unaware that his tail was brushing the grass.

Galekit appeared into a tiny clearing in the grass, and before him stood a huge pile of leaves, made of all the colors of the leaf-fall forest, like the pelt of the prettiest calico cat. It smelled of dust and mildew. His ears twitched excitedly, and turned his gaze towards the other side of the tiny clearing to look for signs of Cloudykit so they could ambush their 'prey' together.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 310

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) EmptyFri 22 Dec 2023 - 5:44

Daisypaw sat outside the medicine den, fuzzy tail curled tightly around her white paws to ward off the morning chill. The fever chills from last night were fading, and the morning looked a little clearer than it had the days previous. The temporary remedies weren’t much as the days continued to drag on, and the sickness continued its siege on her clan, but they helped a little. She took a deep breath of the cold morning air, wincing slightly as it burned the back of her tender throat. Progress was still progress she supposed. She glanced around for her brother, but either he was still asleep curled up out of sight in the grass, or he was already busy with twice his share of the workload around camp. It couldn’t be helped with so few warriors to hunt and maintain their tentative borders.

She watched two of WindClan’s kits stalking some innocent leaves and shook her head fondly. The journey that stretched through her kithood and the adventures she had still felt warm and near, like she could brush her nose against the memories and catch their scents again. The dandelions she picked for Lavendercloud, the tree incident, the shiny-backed bugs she caught between her claws. She ached quietly for Berrypaw, and closed her eyes against the fresh sting of grief. Her sister, who had always been so soft and joyful in life, unblemished by the heavy claws of time and tragedy, who had laid so still and cold in death. The gray and white apprentice watched the kits play quietly, an afterthought in the misty veil that hung over camp, caught somewhere between one memory and the next as they came crawling up her spine, begging for her splintered attention.

She blinked away the encroaching haze, fever dreams were always trying to sneak up on her. She sunk her claws into the crumbling soil, grounding herself firmly in the present. She could spend a few minutes watching the kits play and enjoy the sunshine before she went back into the dim of the medicine den. A few minutes to clear her lungs, clear her head, and then it was back to her tasks.

((Daisypaw is quietly watching the kits play!))

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) EmptyFri 22 Dec 2023 - 12:00

Cloudykit stopped in her tracks, her ears perked as she listened to his instructions. "Got it!" She yelled in response, forgetting the fact they were supposed to be quiet. Oops! She thought, realizing her mistake. A mouse or rabbit would have been gone by now.

She went around the left of the stalks as instructed, her tail twitching in concentration as she maneuvered through the tall stalks of grass. Finally, she popped into the clearing. She shared a brief gaze with Galekit - a silent agreement of what they were about to do.

She gathered herself and dropped into a crouch, wiggling and her eyes dilating as she focused on the pile. I'm going to land right in the middle and it'll be all mine! With a sudden burst of energy, she propelled herself forward with a jump. The world became a blur, and she felt the rush of wind against her fur as she soared through the air.

Unfortunately, she missed it. Big time. She had overshot her pounce, landing along the edge of the pile and rolling out of it. The satisfying crunch of the leaves rang in her ears. It almost felt impossible when you consider how simple of a jump that was.

She sat up to look at Galekit for his reaction. She shook her head, and a sneeze followed. "Did you see that?! We're awesome!" She was completely unphased by the miss.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) EmptySun 24 Dec 2023 - 12:40

Galekit

Galekit watched, stunned, as his sister suddenly appeared at the other side of the tiny clearing and flung herself at the pile of leaves. She had leaped brilliantly, flying through the air, but nearly missed the pile anyway. Her hind legs had a lot of power, but she had somehow misjudged the distance. That's alright! Galekit thought, it was still an impressive leap!

Nodding his head enthusiastically, Galekit agreed. "We are awesome, Cloudykit!" He followed suit by throwing himself at the pile and hit it square in the heart, his body being nearly swallowed by the leaves. He got to his feet and shook his pelt furiously, throwing leaves in every direction and shaking bits of crumbled, mouldy leaves from his fur. He also sneezed, and looked at Cloudykit with his whiskers twitching and his eyes rounded with excitement.

"If that were a mouse, it would be freshkill! he announced, his tail raising proudly over his back. "We make a really good team!" He raised one paw to examine the sharp claws there, and gave it a lick, drawing it over his ear to clean a scrap of bracken he had missed.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 18:19

Daisypaw twitched her tail in amusment as the kits did their best to stalk their prey. Galekit’s aim was true, sending the leaves scattering into the morning air. His sister less so. She tilted her head, watching the she-kit celebrate their victory over the leaves. The squinted eyes, poor judgment of distance. It almost reminded her of Molehill. Maybe it was just kitten clumsiness to blame, but maybe it was something else. The bi-colored molly pulled herself to her paws, white-tipped tail lifting in greeting as she neared the kits.

“Good morning, looks like you two have been busy.” She purred, looking over the scattered leaves and foliage covered kittens. She picked out one of the crumpled leaves, brittle and dry now with the changing seasons. It clung to her sharp claw as she pulled it over. “See this leaf? It’s from an oak tree, you can tell by the shape of its edges. When it’s new and green it can be useful, but not so much now.” She batted the leaf up into the air so it could flutter back down. She turned her amber gaze on the dilute she-kit and the small milky stain in her left eye. “Does your eye ever bother you Cloudykit?” She asked with a curious twitch of her ear.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 6:31

Cloudykit laughed loudly, her eyes squeezed shut with bliss as her brother joined her in the leaf pile. Watching Galekit get submerged tickled her. "We're the best team!" She exclaimed in response. In this moment, everything felt right.

Her head snapped towards the unfamiliar voice, her eyes wide and her ears were pushed back. She was taken aback by the unexpected company, but she quickly recovered when she recognized the young she-cat. They've never spoken before, but Daisypaw was the victim of long, curious gazes as she performed her medicine cat apprentice duties.

"Good morning!" She mewed. She listened intently as Daisypaw explained the oak leaf. She had realized that leaves came in a variety of shapes and sizes, but not if it was relevant. Daisypaw is so smart to know what they are! She thought. I bet she knows all of the leaves in every territory!

She opened her mouth to say something, probably something silly about leaves, but she paused when Daisypaw asked about her eye. My eye? What's wrong with it? She shuffled her paws. She flashed a look at Galekit for reassurance before returning her gaze to the medicine cat apprentice. Cloudykit didn't know what she meant. Her mind raced - no cat had mentioned it to her before. Was there something wrong? The thought filled her with anxiety.

"...I'm sorry." She said, her eyes wide and her expression was twisted in confusion. "Why do you think my eye is bothering me?"
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 16:15

Galekit

Galekit yowled in agreement, "We are the best team!" He cuffed his sister playfully over the ears with one paw. "We will always be the best team."

Galekit's eyes lit up as Daisypaw approached, and gave his sister an encouraging nod.
"Good morning, Daisypaw!" Galekit meowed enthusiastically, with a polite dip of his head in turn. He watched her carefully as she examined the oak leaves and explained their usefulness. "What are they used for?" he inquired, as he imagined himself gathering a whole pile of green oak leaves to surprise the young medicine cat one day.

Then, at her question directed at Cloudykit, Galekit stiffened and looked at his sister quizically. Bother her? he thought, how so? She glanced at him before answering Daisypaw, but he didn't know what to say. He felt about as confused as she looked. Then, images of Cloudykit squinting and closing her one eye, of her bumping into things and stumbling about, and missing the leaf pile, raced through his mind. He knew that other cats didn't have the same eyes as his sister, but he had never thought anything of it. That's just how Cloudykit is.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) EmptyFri 29 Dec 2023 - 12:37

Daisypaw offered a reassuring purr. “Don't apologize." She said, flicking her tail playfully over the kit's nose. "You’ve got a little fleck of blurriness in your left eye, but if it’s not troubling you then all is well. You should come find me if you notice your vision is getting worse though.” She turned her attention back to the crumbling oak leaf and smiled softly at both kits. “Oak leaves are chewed and applied to wounds, helps with infection. Smallstar told me they aren’t common around the moors. Not many trees at all apparently, but we saw many different kinds of trees and plants on our journey here.”

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) EmptySat 30 Dec 2023 - 17:50

Cloudykit blinked, her expression morphing into one of surprise. I've never noticed something wrong with my eye? Now that it was brought up, she couldn't help but peer around at the world around her. She dissociated for a second, her ears ringing, as she watched the leaf in Daisypaw's paw. The time spent in the nursery admiring the halo around objects that her left eye generated. Her having to close one eye in the sunshine. Was there really something wrong with her eye? Is this a unique experience for her? I'm not going to become a warrior, because of the 'fleck of blurriness'. She thought suddenly, alarming herself. She glanced up, and she could see Daisypaw talking but her ears were still ringing. She could feel her eyes well up with tears, although it was against her will.

Daisypaw's revelation regarding the blurriness in her eye left her with a sudden, unsettling realization that she didn't like.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) EmptySat 30 Dec 2023 - 20:14

Galekit

Galekit watched as his sister's expression changed. Something about Daisypaw's revelation had triggered a deep reaction in Cloudykit, and Galekit's instincts as a protective brother kicked in. He could see the confusion in her eyes, the sudden realization of a difference she had never truly acknowledged before. He couldn't bear to see his sister in such a state, and without hesitation, Galekit moved closer to Cloudykit, gently nudging her with his muzzle.

His voice, soft and reassuring, cut through the ringing in her ears.
"Hey, Cloudykit, it's okay," he murmured, his eyes shining with empathy. Galekit pressed against her, offering warmth and comfort in his presence. As Cloudykit navigated this newfound realization, Galekit stood as her pillar of support. His eyes flicked back to Daisypaw, a desperate plead for her to help the situation.

She's the medicine cat, so why did she upset Cloudykit? Aren't medicine cats supposed to help?

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) EmptySun 31 Dec 2023 - 16:03

Daisypaw’s small ears flicked back briefly. Her distraction with the leaf obviously hadn't been successful. She scooted closer to the kits, wrapping her soft bushy tail around both of them. She felt a squeeze of despair in her heart at the sight of the kit close to tears. “Cloudykit.” She said gently, giving her scruff a few quick licks in the wrong direction in an attempt to bring her back to the present. “I didn’t mean to upset you. I asked about your eye because I wanted to make sure you were doing alright. It’s my job to keep WindClan as safe and healthy as possible.” The bi-colored molly explained. “If you’re safe and healthy then everything is going to be alright okay?” She blinked softly at the tortoiseshell she-kit, offering a bit of reassurance. She let the quiet lapse, giving the kit a moment to digest everything before giving her a smell, secretive smile.

Daisypaw swept her eyes thoughtfully over Cloudykit, furrowing her brow in mock concentration. “Let’s see here, look at those long whiskers! Perfect for finding prey.” The medicine cat apprentice purred warmly. ”A good nose, it will serve you well to catch scents on the wind.” She gently batted the kit on the nose with a white paw, just like Lavendercloud had done to her as a kitten. “And nice sharp claws it looks like, those will be deadly weapons one day, WindClan’s enemies will cower at the sight of them!” She leaned back, nodding thoughtfully at the siblings. “Good strong legs and tough paws. My official diagnosis is that both of you will make fine apprentices one day.” Daisypaw said, very seriously.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)   Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

Imaginary Hunting Hijinks! (c)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next