Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1835

Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony  Empty
PostSubject: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony  EmptyMon 4 Dec 2023 - 17:09

It was a bizarre feeling, Smokepetal thought, staring down at the mouse between her paws, to suddenly be repulsed by the sight of food. The journey here had been rife with struggle and despair. The famine. The storm. The defeat and exhaustion. Now, here she sat, warm and dry, with food in paw's reach... and somehow it wasn't enough.

The strangled cough of one of her clanmates broke the quiet of dusk, and Smokepetal's ear slanted towards it. At first, she'd flinched every time someone gasped and struggled aloud for breath, her heart racing in panic... but now it was simply background noise. Even Smokepetal herself was not free of symptoms, though she tried hard to mask the shivering that racked her whole body, or the sneezing and coughing fits.

Thankfully, Bearpaw and Thymepaw both seemed to have miraculously avoided getting sick, and that was a good enough reason for SkyClan's medicine cat to take the next step in seeing them both beside her in the medicine den.

Metaphorically, of course. The medicine den was long behind them, abandoned with the rest of the camp. With the rest of the forest, too. But they'd managed to bring most of the important herbs with them, and that was enough of a start. Now, she needed Bearpaw and Thymepaw working alongside her to try and figure this out... or else they simply weren't going to last.

After stashing her mouse to hopefully eat later, as her appetite had gone, and with both of her apprentices gathered before her, Smokepetal said, quietly. "I know things are not... the way they usually are." That was an understatement. "But StarClan spoke, and both of you are meant to be SkyClan's next medicine cats. We have no Moonstone here, but we will make do. Come along now." Turning away, the smoky tabby led the two apprentices through the trees. She didn't go far... it was pointless, each place here seemed as far from StarClan as the last, and energy was too precious for any of them to burn. But she'd found this place a day earlier, and it was as good as they could get under current circumstances.

A large puddle, filled to the brim with leftover rainwater, reflected the light of the moon. The surrounding earth was muddy, but Smokepetal had gathered two heaps of dry leaves and grasses and made each of the apprentices a mediocre but passable platform on which to lie and remain mostly dry. Turning to them, Smokepetal said: "Do either of you have any questions for me before we begin?"
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 974

PostSubject: Re: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony  EmptySat 16 Dec 2023 - 15:26

All Hail SkyClan's Resident Disney Princess
thymepaw
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing.
Quiet as it was kept, Thymepaw was rather excited about her new title. Embracing the medicine cat lifestyle meant that she would be able to help her Clan in the way that she wanted to instead of having to hunt and fight in order to deem herself useful. The only downside, however, was that she would be sharing this new opportunity with Bearpaw. All she could do was hope that any discomfort that was constantly between them could be put aside for the sake of the Clan's wellbeing. Dozens of cats had fallen ill in SkyClan, with the rest of the Clans having their own sick members as well, and they were displaying symptoms that Thymepaw had never seen before. At a time like this, three medicine cats would only be useful, and there was no time to worry about her strained relationship with her denmate. SkyClan needed them.

"No questions... thank you, Smokepetal." The she-cat told her soon-to-be mentor as she gazed into the depths of the moonlit pool. She had never had the opportunity to see the Moonstone before the Clans had left their home, but she was sure that the puddle's beauty paled in comparison to the usual stone that was used to communicate with StarClan. She could only hope that the time would come soon for her to witness it in person. She was rather anxious to speak to the stars. She knew that they could gaze upon the Clans and held the ability to send down lightning upon their command, but she also knew that certainly not every StarClan cat behaved the same. They were one entity comprised of multiple components, and she realized that it was unfair to give them all the same judgement. Still, she found herself holding some anxiety in her heart.
the dream that you wish will come true.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony  EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 16:26

To her credit, Thymepaw seemed to share none of the trepidation that her soon-to-be-denmate did. Smokepetal watched her as she observed the puddle - a sorry excuse for a Moonstone in comparison to the real thing, but the best she could do under the circumstances. She wondered briefly if Thymepaw and Bearpaw would ever get to see the real Moonstone, and with a pang realized that she unexpectedly and desperately missed home.

Shaking her head to clear the thoughts, Smokepetal padded over to Thymepaw's side, briefly twining her feathery tail with the apprentice's. "Lie here, and when you are ready, touch the pool... StarClan will..." there was the quickest of pauses, where she omitted the word hopefully "...speak with you. I'll be right here if you need me."
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony  EmptyFri 22 Dec 2023 - 16:12

thymepaw
Thymepaw could tell that Smokepetal was a bit hesitant about the process, but she attempted to keep a light demeanor so that her new mentor wouldn't see any of her nerves. If all else failed, and StarClan didn't end up coming to her, then at least she wouldn't be losing much. She gave the older she-cat a quick and obedient nod before crouching down beside the pool and closing her eyes.

Please work... please.

The water that touched her nose in the next moment was cold as ice, and the apprentice had to stop a shiver from going down her spine. Heartbeats seemed to pass, and Thymepaw's heart began to beat uneasily, but an almost warm and welcoming wave of darkness crashed over her, and she was knocked into sleep. Thank goodness. The she-cat was almost a bit nervous to open her eyes when she felt her paws pressed against solid ground. This would be her first time witnessing the hunting grounds of StarClan, and she wasn't completely sure if she was ready. She had so many questions, many of which would probably go unanswered, but she hadn't even figured out how she was going to say them.

All she needed was a little bit of clarity. Even the slightest hint would help to clear her anxiety. Her eyelids fluttered open, and she was greeted by an endless sea of stars. Various shapes seemed to rise out of the starlight, familiar figures like trees and bushes dotted the glowing plains. It was beautiful, almost too beautiful to be real... perhaps that was why she was in a dream. She was unsure of what to do next. Did they know she was here? Did she have to announce her presence?

"StarClan?" She called out, failing to hide her confusion, "I'm here..."

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5642

PostSubject: Re: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony  EmptyFri 22 Dec 2023 - 16:19

"As are we. Welcome, Thymepaw." A soft voice answered the newly-christened medicine cat apprentice, a soft smile forming on Birdsong's face as she stepped from behind a tree with starlight shining in a fluffy gray tabby pelt. "My name is Birdsong. Going from warrior apprentice to medicine cat... An interesting path, and one I think you'll be suited to well even if you were called to it rather than chose it explicitly."

"I'm no medicine cat... But do you have any questions?" She asked, fluffy tail curling over large paws as she sat in front of Thymepaw.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony  EmptyFri 22 Dec 2023 - 16:45

thymepaw
It was unfortunate that there wouldn't be any time for Thymepaw to look around in amazement or awe. She had to stay focused on her task.
"Hello, Birdsong. It's a pleasure to meet you." The appentice greeted the StarClan cat politely as she also sat down.

"Being a medicine cat... honestly it's never something that I thought of because I wasn't sure that it would be possible, but now that I've been called to step into such a life, I feel so grateful that I'll have the opportunity to help my Clan in a way that I can do better than hunting or fighting. It's just... I'm a bit confused. I wasn't born into Clan life, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's normal for a medicine cat to have two apprentices. Did StarClan call both Bearpaw and I to be medicine cats because you all knew how many cats would fall ill? Is Smokepetal in danger? Will there need to be two medicine cats to take her place if something happens to her?" She felt her questions begin to spill out like a waterfall, and yet there was still one question that she couldn't bring herself to ask.

Why was Bearpaw chosen? He's practically the ideal concept of a what a warrior is supposed to be. Is this some sort of test for both of us? Thymepaw thought as a sudden invisible weight seemed to fall upon her shoulders.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5642

PostSubject: Re: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony  EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 14:51

"Our paths don't always go the way we exect, do they?" Birdsong asked with a twitch of her whiskers. "Outsiders aren't often let into the clans, nor are two medicine cat apprentices often chosen at the same time." She could only shake her head at the she-cat's question... A question she too would have asked. "I... Cannot say. One of you will not walk the path you envisioned, paws serving a different purpose than what I think was imagined."

"All this illness... You will certainly have your paws cut out for you. The path ahead will be a hard one, though I guess you don't need a Starclan cat to tell you that." She added with a wry smile.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony    Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony  Empty

Back to top Go down

Thymepaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1