Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Stumbling Steps [O]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7395

Stumbling Steps [O] Empty
PostSubject: Stumbling Steps [O]   Stumbling Steps [O] EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 15:16

Duckpaw was falling behind of the giant group.

They didn't mean to but ever since sunrise, a drowsiness had started to sink into their bones - a familiar but dreaded call to plop onto the ground and sleep the day away. It was annoying enough when it happened in the camp as it made taking patrols troublesome but they could normally push through it when it happened. But now... All they were doing was walking. Walking, walking and more walking. There was no excitement - there was to be no breaks until the sun started to set. So every so slowly, Duckpaw's strength to push through the tiredness was failing as their pace started to slow.

They shuffled along, doing everything in their power to keep their eyes from closing and tripping over their own paws. Beneath the drowsiness was an anger, an annoyance - why did this keep happening to them? Why couldn't they be normal? But the feeling was faint, muted and oh-so far away from having any true effect on them as their paw struck a lose rock, causing them to stumble and barely keep themself upright but it was enough to cause them to come to a stop as they just stared at the ground.

Why did they have to be so useless on days like these...? They couldn't even do the simple thing of walking.

Stumbling Steps [O] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4942

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Steps [O]   Stumbling Steps [O] EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 17:02

Mintglade
“A breath of fresh air clears the mind.”

There was no true task that she had been assigned to. Not today, at least. During the previous day, she had switched between helping carry herbs and kits. She also stood as a shoulder for any cat to lean against as they needed, or slipped away to hunt in the trees to find something-anything-for the Clans that journeyed. It had been particularly hard to try and find enough prey to feed all of the Clan cats that were traveling. Somehow, they always found a way, even if it meant trying out something new like toad. Truth be told... she hated toad. Would have rather not had anything to eat. But unfortunately, something was better than nothing, and she couldn't be as strong as she was if she didn't do something about it.

Weaving between the cats of the forest, she found herself journeying farther back in the group. Not because she wanted to be lazy-far from it. But instead, because she knew she had the strength to assist anyone who was struggling. She'd found a kit or two, reunited them with their Clan, and had turned around again to survey those who were slower.

It didn't take long for her green eyes to find a brown pelt that had been moving particularly slowly... only to stumble and come to a complete halt. Several heartbeats of scrutiny to see if they would move produced no result, and Mintglade had to take a moment to calculate the age of the cat she was looking at. The only answer her mind could come up with was 'young,' and it was all she needed to make the self-decision to pull back. They didn't look like one of her clanmates, and if anything had the sheen of a Riverclan cat. That also meant they were an ally even outside of this travel-truce that she opted to follow.

Moving on quick paws, Mintglade would gently push her nose into the shoulder of the young feline whose gaze seemed to only stare to their paws. "Hey, friend, are you alright? Can I help you? I'm Mintglade," Her voice was slower, but strong. Assessing for any sign of obvious injuries, but also to ensure there wasn't another issue such as dehydration holding them back.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Steps [O]   Stumbling Steps [O] EmptySat 25 Nov 2023 - 16:38

Duckpaw had been so caught up in trying to wiggle free from the fog that was clawing at their mind beckoning them to sleep that they hadn't realized somebody had approached until there was a nose against their shoulder and a soft, concerned voice. Duckpaw jolted - too tired to leap away or let out a surprised yelp but it did work to shake them free just a tad as they raised their head, blinking a few times. Their mouth open to take in a deep breath, nose scrunching up as they turned to look at the cat. They had missed most of what the she-cat had said other than her last two words - which were technically the most important.

Mintglade... She smelled like SkyClan, which meant she could be trusted. They were allies after all. They shook their head - they might have missed what Mintglade had said before her name, it wasn't hard to guess what it had been about. "I'm...Fine," they managed, giving their pelt a shake - using their brief moment of clarity to try to crawl further from the exhaustion that haunted them. Their mouth opened for a heartbeat to fully brush off the warrior but their lie caught in their throat. Finally, their ears slicked back. "Just...Tired. I didn't sleep well or something," they added quickly - a lie but a softer one. They had slept perfectly fine last night which made this whole situation even more infuriating.

Nights where they slept horribly or were assaulted with shadows and noises only they were aware of as they woke up could lead to perfectly fine days...Then there were days like today while despite getting a full night rest, their body craved more...It was worse enough when it happened in the camp but they couldn't even find a time to rest - not when the plan was just to walk and walk until the sun set. If they gave into their bodies demand, they would be left behind. But... Maybe that was to be their fate. Their eyes once again fell to the ground - not out of tiredness this time but despair. They didn't want to be a dead weigh to their Clan but that was all they were, wasn't it? ...They blinked, raising a paw to scrub at their face - feeling a heated prick in the corner of their eyes.

Stars, their exhaustion was bringing out the worst thoughts it seemed.

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Steps [O]   Stumbling Steps [O] EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 11:08

Mintglade
“A breath of fresh air clears the mind.”

Well, it didn't take a fully-trained medicine cat for Mintglade to realize that the Riverclan cat they were now speaking to was more than just tired. A slight frown twitched on her maw, somehow managing to move away her ever-present smile, as she assessed the apprentice for any other signs of injury. She couldn't see any. Their ears looked a healthy shade of pink, their nose not too dry or too wet. Even the bottoms of their paw-pads, which she caught as they swiped at their face, didn't seem to have any cracking or otherwise type of inflammation that she would have known to take as a sign of illness.

She knew the journey was wearing on many of them, but part of her felt there was something more to how much it had worn on the apprentice. Many of the other clan's apprentices had an easier time with keeping up, if anything, especially taking on some assistance from travel herbs that the medicine cats had rationed for their clanmates.

Concern filled her green eyes as she practically had a front-row seat to the apprentice beating themselves up mentally right before her very gaze. It wasn't something that Mintglade was going to stand for, not if she could help it. Once more pushing her nose gently into their side, she spoke with a gentle kindness. "Hey, hey... It's okay. It's been hard on all of us. It's not easy to leave home." She spoke gently, even giving a comforting lick to the apprentice's cheek. Even when she was that exhausted, she had gotten teary-eyed on multiple occasions. But she wasn't about to admit that out loud. Not to hold back solidarity, but to prevent herself from accidentally embarrassing the apprentice.

"Let me help you. Would you like to ride on my back? I can carry you." After all, being of Skyclan origin meant she was... much larger. "You can nap for awhile. I've got the strength."

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Steps [O]   Stumbling Steps [O] EmptyThu 4 Jan 2024 - 19:19

Duckpaw had been so caught up in chasing away the darker thoughts that they nearly jumped out of their pelt as a nose once again brushed against their side, head snapping to stare at the SkyClan warrior in surprise as she gently offered small kindnesses - and their head turning led to Mintglade getting a solid lick of their cheek. This caused Duckpaw to completely freeze, unsure of what to even make of all of this - they knew that they were allies but... This? It all seemed...

Almost too kind.

They felt the prickle in the corner of their eyes again as they turned their head away.

Their mouth opened, ready to say...Something - they weren't sure but it was caught in their throat as the larger she-cat made an offer - to carry them. Their tail swished, back and forth before finally their voice managed to break through the clog in their throat. "That...That would be really nice," they admitted, shoulders sagging. "I'm just...So tired - I don't know why, I just... A nap would be nice." They weren't sure a nap would be enough - today was feeling like a day where they just wanted to sleep the entire thing away but...A bit would be enough to power through until they stopped for the night, right? They looked up at the warrior, a bit wary - almost fearful that the warrior would decide against the offer at the last heartbeat.

"...M-My name is Duckpaw by the way. Of RiverClan."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Steps [O]   Stumbling Steps [O] EmptyMon 8 Jan 2024 - 18:14

"Duckpaw... I will remember that. You're really sweet." She gave a friendly smile, her head tilting to the side as her maw flicked upwards with the joy. If anything, she did her best to appear even kinder and warmer. A friendly face that'd help amongst the storm of the journey they were facing.

Mintglade didn't even consider condemning the apprentice for admitting their weariness, and it wasn't lost on her just how much of a struggle it was to do so. Even for her as an apprentice, she would have rather been as stubborn as the stones of Sunningrocks than to admit that she was exhausted. So for Duckpaw to admit that they needed a rest? That was a strength she would commend. Dipping her head, Mintglade settled onto all four of her paws, pressing her body to the ground to be as low as possible. "Come climb onto my back. Chest by my shoulders, and have your legs drape over top of mine. If you have to, you can dig your front claws into my chest fur-I've got so much, you definitely won't hurt me." A quiet purr rumbled as she tipped her head back to encourage Duckpaw to climb on. "You'll be able to rest. and I'm Mintglade! Happy to help."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stumbling Steps [O]   Stumbling Steps [O] Empty

Back to top Go down

Stumbling Steps [O]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Starfall Territory-
Jump to: