Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey   Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 3 Nov 2023 - 8:07

Fawn
shine
And did the twin flame bruise paint you blue?
"So you were never a saint and I've loved in shades of wrong. We learn to live with the pain, mosaic broken hearts."
Fawnshine had readied the herb bundle since the night before, wrapping one last leaf around to secure it tightly to prevent any herbs from seeping outside. Time had flown by faster than she thought; Leaf-fall was already here, and she feared Leaf-bare may come sooner this season now more than ever—especially with such rapid starvation spreading through the forest.

With a sigh, Fawnshine emerged from the medicine den, attempting to shake the thoughts off her mind. She looked for Crocuspaw, whom she had very few occurrences spoken before unless she needed visits for injury-related issues. "Crocuspaw? It's time for your Moonstone journey." She called out for her upon arriving at the apprentices' den, keeping her voice soft in case the others were still asleep. Pulling her head from out of the den, she stood nearby, resting the bundle of herbs at her paws once she had emerged. "Once you finish, we can go whenever you're ready."
ft. Taylor Swift in
— State of Grace
crocuspaw's moonstone journey

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey   Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 3 Nov 2023 - 18:07

With the herbs presented to her by her paws, Crocuspaw stared at them blankly, concern stalling her actions. If this had been the Greenleaf she was born into that was a time of prosperity she would have taken them without a second thought, but as starvation ravaged the entire clan, Crocuspaw couldn't help but feel like these would be wasted on her. "Is it okay if I don't? I mean, eh, that we're already starving, and leaf-fall is soon, couldn't you use them for something more important?" She mewed shyly, her large and grand body nary matching her calm and almost meek demeanor. The apprentice didn't want to meet Fawnshine's gaze, worried that she would see annoyance or exasperation there, instead of kindness and understanding.

Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey   Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 4 Nov 2023 - 8:27

Fawn
shine
"So you were never a saint and I've loved in shades of wrong. We learn to live with the pain, mosaic broken hearts."
Fawnshine paused, about to lead the apprentice out of camp as she would with every other individual—but to her surprise, it seemed like the younger she-cat had other plans. Curiosity prickled in her, combined with a hint of suspicion, yet subtle admiration alike. Just very subtly, though. "I understand your concern, but if you compare it to your own situation—I'd much rather not have an apprentice pass out in the midst of our journey from hunger or exhaustion." Fawnshine smiled, tilting her head. "Isn't that much more preferable?"

With a soft, quiet chuckle, she reached down to nudge the herb bundle closer to the she-cat's paws; finding it somewhat ironic that her much larger frame completely contrasts her more reserved personality. "The Moonstone journey is important for every apprentice before they go on to become a warrior. I'm sure StarClan would approve of your caring nature," She nods, "Although if not for my clanmates in need of it—like you, valuable herbs collected would simply go to waste. And I've already prepared the herb bundle, especially for this occasion."
ft. Taylor Swift in
— State of Grace

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey   Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:20

Crocuspaw listened intently as Fawnshine spoke, taking the time to explain to her why she should still take them despite the current famine. With a soft sigh and a smile, Crocuspaw softly nodded her head and bent down to take the bundled herbs, chewing and making fake 'this is yummy' noises despite obviously being displeased about it. It was only polite! But at least, this may ebb the feelings of constant hunger for the journey and she would be grateful for that. Once she finished gulping it down, Crocuspaw gave the nod that she was ready, and padded forwards a few paces before she would follow the old medicine cat's path.

Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey   Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 11 Nov 2023 - 16:20

Fawn
shine
Fawnshine watched her with a softened gaze; silent amusement underlying heterochromia eyes as she watched Crocuspaw attempt to play off her clear displeasure at eating the bitter herbs. She appreciated the lack of complaint and smiled anyway—brushing her tail against the apprentice's back as if to reassure her that it was fine not to necessarily like the bitter taste of the traveling herbs.

"It's alright not to like the taste of the herbs, you know," She whispered, motioning Crocuspaw forward to follow her out of the familiar haven of camp. "It took some time for me to get over it, too. Don't force yourself. The other apprentices don't necessarily like them, either." Through experienced paws led them both across familiar paths long left by past medicine cats, carefully guiding them through the woodland territory and avoiding where most predators were located.

Feeling the breeze travel through her fur, she lifted her head and scented the air. It was especially chilly that early morning. Perhaps it was a sign; perhaps it was not. Only the Stars would tell,  she thought. "When we do arrive at the Moonstone, is there anything you might want to ask them for advice?" She asked, tilting her head back curiously at Crocuspaw to break the silence.
ft. Taylor Swift in
— State of Grace

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey   Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 12 Nov 2023 - 11:15

Crocuspaw silently nodded at Fawnshine as she assuaged the apprentices displeasure and it was not long after that they both made their way out of the safe confines of Thunderclan camp. Silence, comfortable but silence nonetheless stretched between the pair until Fawnshine brokered a conversation which Crocuspaw despite her meek nature was happy to oblige in a small concern that had been haunting her since her father Hank had mentioned it before he disappeared on his own accord. Crocuspaw's mood soured at the thought of her fathers call to adventure being so strong that he had left them without nary a word, but the fondness in which he spoke of his homeland softened the anger and grief that had been silently suffocating the she-cat.

"I wonder if I will speak with Starclan at all, or if I will be given silent dreams because ill find that my heart sways more strongly with a different religion that that of a pure clan cat." Crocuspaw confided, knowing that more specifics would be needed, she continued "Our father before the mountains and seas called for his heart told us about the God of Death - The Moon, God of the Now, and the God of Life - The Sun. How they are always with us just as Starclan is without all of those dreams and guides. I cannot help but feel that if I must choose, I am choosing between the betrayal of my heritage or the betrayal of the clan that not only birthed me, but loved and taught me. I do not know if it is okay to do both, because the gods are fickle and do not want to share. If I am to join Gekala one day, will I never see those I love who go to Starclan?" Crocuspaw's eyes became wet with her concerns and her grief, the distress that no matter what she chose she felt like she was losing either way, how could a young cat like herself determine what was best?

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey   Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 17 Nov 2023 - 21:06

Fawn
shine
Fawnshine listened attentively, making sure to slow her pace down to help listen to the she-cat better without requiring her to go on too many pauses. Crocuspaw's concern became more prominent the more she ranted on about her distress—and she felt a sense of pity for such struggles the young apprentice was going through. It was logical that she would want to ask Fawnshine, a medicine cat, about such religious topics.

...But to ask her, out of every other possible medicine cat that had their faith strongly side with the stars—was a mistake.

Of course, being a mentor herself twice and advancing through her life to believe, and have trust in StarClan was something unavoidable from the moment she was a kit. The Stars themselves had been pertinacious about having Dovefrost take her under his wing as a medicine cat apprentice. But to stand with them all the time? She didn't believe any clan cat by themselves would've believed in them consistently, for the rest of their lives—not through unfair justice, grief, and disaster.

At least, that was true for her. The Dark Forest taking over the forest before had permanently altered her perspective on things from when she needed them with her most, and they hadn't been present. Not only that but in a way, took away the clanmates whom was still dearly cared for and loved. Still, she recognized Crocuspaw deserved real, objective advice; and so she'd try her best to give such.

"Crocuspaw, listen to me." Fawnshine paused, letting out a soft sigh as she turned back to the young she-cat with as much empathy as she could offer despite her usual, more professional demeanor. "You are not defined by what religion you choose, or choose to side with. Not unless you intend to be defined as so." She let her words linger for a moment before continuing, "As a Thunderclan cat, and a medicine cat myself, we'd appreciate it if you believed in the stars. But if your heritage is also something that is very dear to you, you don't have to choose now. You are still very young, and warriorhood stands a long path ahead of you. Thunderclan will still welcome you no matter who you choose, and I have the feeling that Starclan will, too."

The medicine cat leaned in closer, giving her a comforting lick on her ear. "...There's something I've never revealed to anyone before, but I can understand your struggles. I trust that you won't spread information recklessly," She gave a subtle smile, "My fate and duty, as a medicine cat, may side with the stars—but I haven't always taken a liking towards them. You'll learn, eventually, that even the power our ancestors hold may have faults. There's a reason why even clan cats each have a different percentage in beliefs of the stars. I am not an exception." Her gaze softened, wishing she could wipe away the brimming tears in Crocuspaw's eyes, somehow. "...But, belief or not, you are still valid. And we'll always welcome you as a part of our clan, either way."
ft. Taylor Swift in
— State of Grace

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey   Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 23 Nov 2023 - 20:21

Crocuspaw listened to Fawnshine with rapt attention, stars twinkling in her wet eyes as she bashfully wiped them away with a paw. "Thank you. Thunderclan is always my first priority and loyalty. I would like to believe in both, but Dad told me that the gods do not like to share. I'll uhm, I'll think about it." For all of Fawnshine's words, Crocuspaw had always been a cat of few words lest something truly bothered her. But at least, for the time being, Crocuspaw was assuaged of her conflicts even if it may only be for the night. "I think I'm okay to keep going now." Crocuspaw sniffled pathetically, though there was a soft smile on her face as she took a few steps forward and waited for Fawnshine to lead the way.

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey   Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 7:55

Fawn
shine
With an understanding smile and nod, Fawnshine made no further advancements upon the discussed topic—only focusing on safely paving the way for the young apprentice to follow after now. Even if two-legs less frequently roamed the area, it would still be better if they kept their guards up in case of monsters or the sightings of other rouges.

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

The two eventually made their way in front of the Mothermouth, to which Fawnshine paused to instruct the young she-cat. "Inside the tunnel, it will be dark. Stay close and follow the tip of my tail, if not my scent in case you can't see it well." She spoke softly, making sure to receive a confirmation from her before leading them both through. At the end of the cave, she reached a bright, illuminating stone, which she gestured to Crocuspaw to come close. "Press your nose to the Moonstone, and Starclan, or whichever God you have faith in—shall do the rest. I'll be here when you wake up."
ft. Taylor Swift in
— State of Grace

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey   Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 18:42

Crocuspaw was nervous going into the caves, her shoulders brushing on the sides of the caverns making her claustrophobic. Panic was a steady and low thrum in her chest as she resolutely kept pace to keep Fawnshine's tail within her eyesight. Fawnshine beckoned her close and gave her the instruction and the large she-cat stepped forward meekly but quickly to press her head to Fawnshine's own before pulling away swiftly and padding to the moonstone, its bright blue glow illuminating the entire cave and she was worried she would not be able to shut her eyes with something so bright.

Nevertheless, Crocuspaw tucked her paws under her after pressing her nose to the frigid stone and curled up, beckoning for whatever ancestors to visit her tonight.

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1433

PostSubject: Re: Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey   Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 30 Nov 2023 - 13:00

Her whiskers twitched. Dark brown ears twisted to notice the new presence in the birch trees around her. Oliverain approached the waking apprentice. Her solid blue eyes watched her attentively. Though the Skyclan molly was on the larger scale herself, she did not compare to Crocuspaw. Her fluffy, squirrely tail softly swayed once her visitor fully awakened. “Hello, are you faring well?” The warrior’s gaze was calm but firm with a slight softness to her voice. Her pride was apparent as she announced, “I’m Oliverain, a warrior of Skyclan.”

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP
Mushroomkit
TC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey   Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 1 Dec 2023 - 20:37

When Crocuspaw opened her eyes to see Starclans territory, it seemed to be lacking in the shine and glory that some of her clanmates had described it with. Maybe it was Crocuspaw's disillusionment with this part? The indecision between her religions and the fear that either set of gods would be unkind to her because of her inability to pick and choose, and as such, Starclan itself seemed to be less grand and glorious than maybe a cat completely sworn to the stars. That was the large she-cats thoughts at least, but she was thankfully pulled from them a she-cat with a squirrely tail greeted her and ask how she was, and Crocuspaw wasn't sure how truthfully she could answer that. Not so much that she didn't want Oliverains opinion about her concerns and worries, but that those concerns felt so largely private that it'd feel almost dirty and inappropriate spilling them to a starry stranger.

"Hullo. I'm well. Yourself?" Crocuspaw asked in a clipped tone, letting the silence stretch briefly before remembering that she should introduce herself, "I'm Crocuspaw, with Thunderclan." Crocuspaw shuffled nervously, unsure on how these things were to go. She understood that you'd say something about your problems, and the starry ancestor would give you some wisdom, but she herself was such a private cat in personality that it was just... hard even admitting that she had a problem at all.

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey   Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Crocuspaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1