Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Unique Opportunity

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2921

A Unique Opportunity Empty
PostSubject: A Unique Opportunity   A Unique Opportunity EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 6:53 pm

Stormwatcher thought alot about that interaction with Sprucebark.  He woke up thinking it may have been only a dream with only the river mud on his paws to prove otherwise.

He sighed... He wanted to do that and wanted to talk to Birdstar about it.  But wasnt sure exactly how to do that or bring it up.

[A bit of backstory]
He knew Birdstar probably saw him as lazy and unmotivated... but he really was actually quite different now.  He made alot of new friends in the clan and had been getting alot closer especially with Patchdream.  He wasnt sure how much of that Bird knew.  But these new relations along with the recent fox raid had made him alot more motivated.  He wasnt as lazy anymore he went on more patrols (as long as they were not those awful early morning ones) and in general had helped around camp more with the reconstruction of the nursery after the foxes rect it.

Going over to the leaders den he coughed a bit just to announce his precense and shifted a bit akwardly.  He always felt a bit akward but it really showed when talking to Bird  (it used to also happen around wolf but he saw her now almost as a sister figure)

"Umm birdstar?  May I talk to you about something?"

Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2622

PostSubject: Re: A Unique Opportunity   A Unique Opportunity EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 9:49 pm

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

Birdstar had hardly left her nest since the meeting regarding Trufflesnap concluded. It felt so odd, to spend any considerable time in her den when she often sought to keep her days occupied with the bustle of her Clanmates, even if that just meant watching from a quiet patch of shade. But she could not make herself get up; the few times she had, it had been because she’d been coaxed to move, to eat. Now, she was not sure if she’d risen since the previous morning. The thick fog that ate at her thoughts parted just enough for her to attempt to count the hours.

She’d nearly reached a decisive conclusion on how long she’d been immobile when a voice disturbed her. Birdstar’s ears slicked backwards, and she slowly lifted her head from resting on her paws. She blinked slowly, like she wasn’t sure what to make of the visit. The voice that supplied the question dimly registered, and with another weary blink, she understood the tabby looming at the mouth of her den was Stormwatcher.

Birdstar stared across the empty space at him before heaving a sigh and pushing herself upright. Her joints groaned and popped with the motion, and the stiffness protesting throughout her body made her want to collapse again. She fought against it to sit fully upright, determined to look something like the leader she was supposed to be even from the cage of her nest, and inclined her head to invite Stormwatcher properly into the den. Voice hoarse from disuse, she said, “Of course. I’m listening.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: A Unique Opportunity   A Unique Opportunity EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 10:19 pm

ooc: I originally made this before I knew the truffle thing was ongoing, it was gonna be about fight night but that is not going on anymore. So I will shift it a bit I guess to be about something else. I feel bad that storm is bugging her right after all the meeting but I guess that is just how the time line sorta fell into place.))

Stormwatcher nodded and went to sit before her. He didn't really know what to say but had wanted to check up on her after all that had happened with Truffle gone now and such.

"How you holding up?" he asked shuffling already on his paws. He wanted to help her in some way but was consciences and was convinced he was not good at this regardless if that was true or not.

... what kinda mousebrain question is that? Of course she isnt doing well. her own sister is dead, blood's gone and we just got smacked by some wild group of foxes he said to himself in his head.

"uhh ... ermm " the big guy stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do so he just gave a smile to her but it probably looked a bit odd even if it was meant to help.

maybe, it would be easier if he didnt make her talk about things that were clearly already difficult?
"I umm, started to take Wolf's advise. I've started actually being around other clanmates more now. And, I think its really helped me become better."

"Littleflower, and whinchatpaw, and Patchdream There was a happy little flick of his tail at the mention of Patchdream.

he had used to been sort of against getting to know any of his clanmates, used to be a lazy loner who didnt want to get close to anyone after what happen to his last family of them all dieing. And it had helped somewhat with his laziness too actually.

"what I mean to say is, I know you probably are hurting a lot right now. But, please don't close yourself off. I've been there and it not a fun place."

He frowned a bit and wrinkled his nose a little at this next part: as if a queen was telling their kit to have to say something that the kit did not want to say.

"I umm, I have always looked up to you birdstar, Sorta seen you as an older sister, Wolf too." one could tell it almost physically pained him to say that aloud.

He narrowed his eyes a bit. "Don't ya dare tell Wolf I said that though"

Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2622

PostSubject: Re: A Unique Opportunity   A Unique Opportunity EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 10:03 am

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

Birdstar blinked slowly at Stormwatcher's question, head tilting to the side. The question took a moment to process; even when it did, she just stared at him, rolling over the words. He was not the first to come to her den just to see if she was well, but he was the first to truly surprise. Birdstar dragged her gaze up and down, from his face to his shuffling paws and back again. She couldn't even reign her surprise in enough to consider a response before he worked through his stammering to shift the conversation, so she settled remaining quiet with another slow blink of appreciation. A flicker of emotion reached through the numbness in her chest as she listened, and for the first time in uncountable days, it was not the stab of raw grief or drowning self-hate. It was... warm. Faint, held low in the cavern of her heart, but warm and there at all. It was fondness; pride.

Birdstar's jaw parted to commend him for his growth, but she was left speechless again. Her teeth clicked quietly when she forced her maw closed, and she brought her forepaws a little closer to her body, hunching into her large frame. The kindling in her chest turned to a blister at his uncertain care, a force made of surprise affection and doubt. Memories of leaf-fall stirred suddenly; of then-Crookedpaw being stolen away in one of the twoleg devices, of lashing out at Stormwatcher in the heart of Fourtrees. Birdstar's tail swept around her paws, and her head dropped weightlessly at the admission he saw her and Wolfblossom as sisters. She stared at the floor, a strained noise catching in her throat. He had grown on her, slowly and imperceptibly, and she only truly realized it now as she came to similarly realize she could not bear the inevitable hurt that came from such affection. She could not entertain the thought of something grievous happening to him, and with his admission, she was afflicted with worry for concerning him; with confusion, for why he would hold that fondness for her.

Eventually, she managed to shake her somewhat matted pelt out and finally found her words. "Thank you, Stormwatcher, I-- I appreciate it. But I don't... I don't think I deserve that." Birdstar's voice was soft and small. The bridge of her muzzle wrinkled and she looked at her paws, half-hidden by her tail; at the red she could not wash off, that only she could see. "I haven't... I haven't been the best leader. And we've both changed, but I- I wasn't kind. To you." She slowly picked her head up to look at Stormwatcher again, dull eyes misty when she did. A weak, humorless exhale rattled past her teeth. "Wolf is... Wolf is good, though. I'm glad she made such an impression, but don't-- you shouldn't... you shouldn't look up to me like that, Stormwatcher. Littleflower, Whinchatpaw... Patchdream, you said? They're good cats, I'm sure. You should- you should concern yourself with them. You should. I haven't... I can't have earned your respect."

ooc: sorry speedy ;;

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: A Unique Opportunity   A Unique Opportunity EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 8:10 pm

Stormwatcher blinked he hadnt expected his stuttering words to have caused such a response from Birdstar.

He stared unsure of what in the world to do.

He settled on being lighthearted and hopefully his jestful joke here wouldnt be taken the wrong way,

"Wasn't kind to me??" he repeated with a sly grin beginning. "I didn't think sisters were supposed to be kind to their younger brothers" he winked and luckily, he had said it with what he hoped was enough of obvious sarcasim lightheartenss.

Sometimes he could be a bit akward but this seemed to be okay this time and he was silently grateful that his tone had correctly conveyed what he wanted out of it this time.

He gave a snort/chuckle and shook his head, "Dont worry about it... in full honestly I probably deserved it, I was lazy and a bit useless back then. We both chaged and I think for the better"

He scooted a little closer to her, "Your job as 'older sister' is more looking out that I don't do something stupid... which is a full time job in itself. he playfully poked at her

"and as a younger brother its my job to annoy the fluff out of you from time to time especially when you are so glum to distract you from the ick life sometimes smacks us with

PostSubject: Re: A Unique Opportunity   A Unique Opportunity Empty

Back to top Go down

A Unique Opportunity
Page 1 of 1