Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

advice amongst siblings [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

advice amongst siblings [c] Empty
PostSubject: advice amongst siblings [c]   advice amongst siblings [c] EmptyMon 14 Aug 2023 - 18:35

Rosepaw. Memory failed the warrior on whether or not the she-cat was her youngest sibling, but fact of the matter was, it didn't matter. With whatever youth remained in both of their bones, the only difference between the two of them was the fact that Murkyripple had earned her name rather quickly. They both had tenacity for life in ways that they didn't share, but it was clear who they inherited it from once their lineage had become clear. Furthermore, it brought a saddened ripple through her that this was the sibling she spent the least time with. Even then... She would right that. At least, for this final time.

"Rosie, come. I have something to say." Words failed her, the brunt phrasing almost seeming as if she were in trouble. But her sister would know. That was far, far from the truth.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1414

PostSubject: Re: advice amongst siblings [c]   advice amongst siblings [c] EmptySat 19 Aug 2023 - 18:35

Rosepaw of Thunderclan
"Rule #1 is that you've gotta have fun!"

She’d been in a rather sour mood the past hour, having once again skipped lessons with her mentor, and once again reprimanded for it. Unfortunately, the following detentions had only strengthened her desire to disobey. A fire blazed underneath that plush hickory fur, deep inside her raggedy heart, ragefully desperate to prove her independence. In her defiant mind, help of any form was an admission to weakness, and that was a forfeit of free will. She demanded respect, not coddling.

And although her name stayed the same, just as stubbornly as her spirit had, she could feel how she was growing. Aging. She was naturally short and small, but long had she outgrown the apprentice den. Rosepaw hesitantly considered, that just maybe, it was time to.. grow up. To abandon her troublesome habits and finally behave. Despite her usual closemindedness, she could recognize the benefits. No more tick-cleaning. Learning actual skills. And her full name, which she dreamed of. I'll be Rosethorn, as Curlyfluff had suggested, The Great Rosethorn.

In the midst of her thoughts, Murkyripple approached. She did not face her sister with any hostility, instead neutral wariness. The two had failed to spend much time together, but that hardly bothered Rosepaw, simply causing a bit of suspicion towards the molly’s intentions. “What?” she skeptically replied, anticipating a possible lecture. Nonetheless, the short molly rose to join her sister’s side, curiosity brightening her pale eyes. After all these moons, surely Murkyripple was not the kind of cat to waste her time scolding or expressing concern into Rosepaw’s deaf ears. So then, what could it be that she had to share? An adventure? A fight? A rebellious stunt? Whatever awaited her she was sure to support- just as long as it was fun and bold.

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: advice amongst siblings [c]   advice amongst siblings [c] EmptySun 20 Aug 2023 - 9:11

Part of her felt saddened by the skepticism her sister met her with. At the same time, though, it was easy enough to understand why. Had any cat randomly approached her saying that they wanted to talk, she would have met them with the exact same hesitance. Few clanmates ever initiated an interaction with that sort of pretense, and yet here Murkyripple was, doing exactly that. Forcing her face to twitch some sort of friendly appearance, she was glad that her sister at the very least decided to join her. "I will tell you out of camp, I do not want others to overhear." Perhaps that would build some excitement. She knew her sister thrived off of troublemaking and chaos.

While Murkyripple was the shadows, she would akin her sister Rosepaw to the static that came before a strike of lightning. Unpredictable, unbridled energy, but curved simply by the nature of its existence. She didn't view her as weak by any means, but it was impossible to ignore some of the physical faults that plagued her sibling. Still, that wouldn't hold back what she had to say to her sister. Once they were far enough from camp, she would slow her pace, and her face grew more serious. "...I do not plan on staying in Thunderclan for long, sister. It no longer feels like home." She stated, straight to the point. "You deserved to know. Before I left." Her gaze turned towards Rosepaw in that moment, now studying her sister for her reaction. Firefly's was easy enough to predict, and Thrushnose had been the first one she'd told. She hadn't even been in the mindset to attempt to predict his reaction. Rosepaw? Rosepaw, she truly had no clue.

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: advice amongst siblings [c]   advice amongst siblings [c] EmptySun 3 Sep 2023 - 13:15

Rosepaw of Thunderclan

“Well?” she impatiently meowed. Murkyrippled finally let it out. The apprentice’s jaw flopped open. Her tongue tried to voice her disbelief, but for once Rosepaw was actually silent. She shut her maw, snapping away the stunnedness, but confusion still swept her expression. Many things wanted to jump out of her mouth. Bits and beginnings of sentences she didn’t know how to finish. Eventually, the most repeated question escaped, “Why!?” Her tone was mistakenly sharp. Rosepaw tried again, still upset, but more so confused. “What do you mean? Why are you leaving? Where are you going?” Her ears flattened to the sides as she searched her sister’s face for an explanation.

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: advice amongst siblings [c]   advice amongst siblings [c] EmptyTue 3 Oct 2023 - 14:58

The kiss of youth never seemed to fully leave her sister, it seemed. She watched the impatience ripple through her, the kittish mannerisms that came as a result of so much emotion coursing through her sister's body. It wasn't as if they were ill-matched: They were the exact same age. It just seemed that Rosepaw had inherited all of the emotion that Murkyripple now lacked, so much so that the warrior forced her ears to rest back just slightly in response to her sister's questioning. "Thunderclan... does not feel like home anymore, Rosie." She stated. Even now, as she said it again, it still stung to say. For all she had given. "I have grown apart from you all. I live in the night time, not in the day with everyone else. I have no friends. No one other than my kin. I... I cannot see how amends are possible... how I can live in a clan that looks at me wrong for what our mother did that resulted in our birth." Her ears stayed back, the only indication of her own emotions.

"I... will be going to Riverclan. Where I will be close, but able to start anew. I needed you to know." She braced for Rosepaw's reaction. For claws, like what came from Firefly. For tears, which understandably came from both herself and Thrushnose... for questions, that had come from Mottlestar.

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: advice amongst siblings [c]   advice amongst siblings [c] EmptyWed 4 Oct 2023 - 22:15

Rosepaw of Thunderclan

Her brows furrowed. “You’re upset... because she broke the code? That’s not our fault. Do our clanmates actually care about that?” She abandoned the questions as her eyes lowered in thought. Is that why no one seems to like me? Is that why I have no friends, except Curly? She looked back up to her sister. Is that what you’re feeling? Lonely? A deep frown set in her maw. Rosepaw couldn’t say she understood what Murkyripple was feeling or thinking. She was actually quite confused as to why anyone would want to leave the few who still cared. But... she didn’t want her sister to be unhappy. And she didn’t want to fight, because she knew she would lose to the warrior’s stone composure.

The apprentice felt her eyes become wet and turned away. Battling a warble in her voice, she spat, “Whatever. That’s fine. I.. I won’t miss you anyway.” She hated that her nose always ran when she was upset, like a dumb little bird snitching on her location. Sniffling, she added, “Have fun in Riverclan.” Without me.

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: advice amongst siblings [c]   advice amongst siblings [c] EmptyThu 5 Oct 2023 - 6:24

Those words seemed to sting Murkyripple more than her sister likely anticipated, the warrior visibly flinching as her sister made that comment. She wouldn't miss her? No, that couldn't be the case. This was her sister, Rosie. The one who was always more caring than she was. If she had to make a mental ranking of which of her siblings cared the most, the order was almost trivial to consider. Thrushnose, followed by Rosepaw, followed by Turtlepaw... Her mind drifted to their lost sister. Was this why Rosepaw was so upset? They'd already lost one of their siblings? It was then Firefly and herself who struggled most with empathy. Still...

Looking around with an almost helpless gaze, Murkyripple was entirely unsure just what to do. How could she promise her sister to visit? How could she comfort her in this moment? Without saying another word, the tortoiseshell sister stepped forward, pressing Rosepaw's head into the fur of her chest. She put her own head atop Rosepaw's own, doing her best not to flinch away at the unfamiliar embrace. This wasn't like her to do, but it was a gesture that their mother had done when they were upset as kits. Tucked them into the soft furs of her chest to allow them to hide from the world, even for just a few moments. "We will still meet at Sunningrocks. And play." She promised. Flicking an ear, she fought through her entire mind to consider just what it was she could tell her sister to make the pain just a little bit better. Easier. "I may teach you how to fish, if they teach me. To make you the only one here who knows how to properly catch one." Special. That was what seemed to bring the most allure to her sister- was to make her feel special. Hopefully... hopefully she had said the right things to inspire such a feeling.

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: advice amongst siblings [c]   advice amongst siblings [c] EmptySat 4 Nov 2023 - 11:00

Rosepaw of Thunderclan

Rosepaw swallowed a gasp along with her tears. Her sister’s fur was surprisingly soft… and comforting. The apprentice’s breathing slowed to better match the pace her head was held against. She had never expected this kind of gesture from Murkyripple, but it was much warmer than she imagined. Rosepaw let her face relax and simply rest in the fur for a moment. I don’t want to let go, she pleaded. She felt the throat above her head start to speak. “We will still meet at Sunningrocks. And play.” Rosepaw retreated from the hug to meet her sister’s gaze. “I may teach you how to fish, if they teach me. To make you the only one here who knows how to properly catch one.” Her eyes glowed at the offer. Maybe… maybe this change won’t be so bad.

“… I guess things won’t be too different. You’ll just smell like fish now.” She softly laughed before the sadness crept back in. She wondered how Firefly would feel. Or how Mom would feel. Or even how Murkyripple would feel if it had been herself who left Thunderclan. They’d probably accept it without fuss because they didn’t cry over things like this. The small cat cleared her throat and drew a paw over her nose to dry it. Eliminating the emotion in her voice as best she could, she said, “Okay. You can go to Riverclan. Just. Don’t forget about us, okay? … About me?”

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: advice amongst siblings [c]   advice amongst siblings [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

advice amongst siblings [c]
Page 1 of 1