Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Feather and Fire [Rookpaw]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5682

Feather and Fire [Rookpaw] Empty
PostSubject: Feather and Fire [Rookpaw]   Feather and Fire [Rookpaw] EmptyThu 3 Aug 2023 - 11:45

Swanpaw, after thinking about it, had decided that she rather liked greenleaf. Well, she didn't like how unreasonably warm it was, but the abundance of prey, the ability to jump into the water and swim to cool off... No clan could possibly have it as good as Riverclan did.

As she sat at the water's edge, Swanpaw debated jumping right in. She had thought that bringing a few fish back to camp might've been nice, but... "Think I'd catch anything if I went for a swim instead of just sitting here?" Bright blue eyes turned towards her darker-furred patrolmate. Rookpaw, who she didn't know all that well. Perhaps this was a chance to get to know one of her more elusive denmates.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2493

PostSubject: Re: Feather and Fire [Rookpaw]   Feather and Fire [Rookpaw] EmptyFri 4 Aug 2023 - 15:43

f2u-risen-by-rilvin-dciueshRookpaw

Rookpaw sat silently at the water’s edge, peering at their rippling reflection. They had little desire to fish today. It was less of an expenditure than hunting land prey, but it still took energy, and theirs was being steadily sapped by the green-leaf sun. The heat burned through their dark pelt terribly. They would much rather sink into the water and just let themself bob along with the cooling flow.

And Swanpaw… they weren’t entirely sure if she was being serious, or if she felt similarly about the weather. A paw extended toward the water before Rookpaw left it to dangle in mid-air. If she had been intending to fish, it would not do well to ruin her chances. Rookpaw flicked an ear and curtly answered, “No. You will frighten the fish.” Picking their head up, Rookpaw turned to blink slowly at their patrolmate. “But. If that is your manner of asking to swim, do not let my presence stop you. I will join you. I do not intend to hunt.”

What if the steps I make turn out to be mistakes? How can someone like me learn to say, “Come what may?”Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Feather and Fire [Rookpaw]   Feather and Fire [Rookpaw] EmptySat 5 Aug 2023 - 14:05

The older apprentice surely didn't think she'd been serious, right? "Why so serious, Rookpaw?" She grinned at her darker-furred clanmate. At least Rookpaw didn't intend to hunt. Swanpaw was quick to take the first steps into the river, the cool water swirling around her legs eliciting a purr from the young she-cat. "Good, I know hunting's important and all, but swimming is more fun. Especially in this weather." Rogue-born she may have been, but Swanpaw had taken to swimming with ease, and rather enjoyed it. Almost as much as she enjoyed sparring. "Almost makes me feel bad for the other clans. Not being Riverclan doesn't sound like a nice way to live, if it means suffering in the heat all day."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Feather and Fire [Rookpaw]   Feather and Fire [Rookpaw] EmptyThu 10 Aug 2023 - 20:27

Serious? Rookpaw had never really considered themself serious. They were… stiff, yes, and they spoke rather formally, but serious did not seem quite right. There was a better word for it. “Literal,” the correction came soft and with a note of befuddlement. They watched Swanpaw dip into the water, staring back at the beaming grin she cast their way.

So many of their Clanmates were so bright, so expressive. Rookpaw was fascinated by it; and jealous of it. Since their spat with Sunpaw, it’d started to make something curl in their chest whenever they gave the thought a moment of their time. Shaking their head, they leaned into the fascination, and let their intrigue guide them into the water.

They waded up to Swanpaw’s side, where they paused and looked down at the current rippling around each of their legs. The water was cool, and while the sun still bore down on their back, there was immediate relief at standing in the river. “I do not know if it is fun or a necessity. In this weather.” It was meant to be a joke. Rookpaw hoped Swanpaw took it as such. “Even ShadowClan must suffer some. I do not imagine it is easy to sleep when days are so heated.” They rarely felt any particular pride or elitism for their Clan, but a small ember of it rose up then. Lifting their chin to meet Swanpaw’s eyes, Rookpaw nodded and gently said, “It is good that you were brought to RiverClan. Since-- we are the best, or some such. You would have no river were you not.”

What if the steps I make turn out to be mistakes? How can someone like me learn to say, “Come what may?”Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Feather and Fire [Rookpaw]   Feather and Fire [Rookpaw] EmptyFri 11 Aug 2023 - 9:26

Literal... Hmm. That did seem to fit her fellow apprentice, and Swanpaw let out a soft laugh. "Literal? I suppose that also fits you." She mewed, though not unkindly. "Not everything has to be taken in such a way, of course. Otherwise my brother would have everyone believe he's truly the best cat in the clan. He's wrong, that's me." As she spoke of Morningpaw there was nothing but affection in her tone, though.

"Both." She grinned at Rookpaw as they waded toward her. "The nights aren't that cool either, truthfully. The sun going down only does so much... I can't imagine that marsh of theirs is clean or refreshing, either." Not with the way Shadowclan reeked, surely. She had never actually met a Shadowclanner, and only smelled them at the gathering... But that was enough. After the gathering, Swanpaw wasn't sure she wanted to meet one of them either. They seemed brutish and violent, to her, as if none of them had ever been taught how to act. Windclan too, and given that Riverclan had the misfortune of sharing a border with them, she cared a little more about the clan that must be sweltering under the sun with no shade at all on their rolling moors. Almost absentmindedly, Swanpaw's paw skimmed the surface of the water, sending a few pristine droplets into the air before settling back on the sandy ground below.

Rookpaw's next words brought a small smile to Swanpaw's expression, blue eyes meeting theirs. "I'm glad we were taken in. Riverclan is the only home I can remember, and I couldn't imagine my life any other way, honestly." Swanpaw replied, "Imagine having to scavenge and fight for every bit of food or shelter? No thanks. And not having the river... That's a horrible thought, truly." She hadn't taken Rookpaw for a prideful cat, but in that moment it was clear they both felt similarly about Riverclan, and there was nothing wrong in having pride in that.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Feather and Fire [Rookpaw]   Feather and Fire [Rookpaw] EmptyFri 18 Aug 2023 - 8:56

“You? The best cat in the Clan?” The question came with an appraising look and a faint twitch at the corners of Rookpaw’s maw, a smile that doesn’t quite form. “That cannot be true either. Neither you nor your brother. My own brother is, of course.” That they were wholly serious about-- it was not a joke, but something close. It was a subtle difference in humor, and perhaps only different to them, but the difference was there. ...Jest? Had Swanpaw brought them to jest? She drew surprisingly simple conversation from them. It was a good feeling, one they had missed with Sunpaw’s absence at their side and one they leaned into now.

“It is hardly that I want to scavenge now. I am tired enough.” Rookpaw replied musingly. They stepped away from Swanpaw, moving forward until the sand shelf dropped away from under their paws and they were left to bob against the current. “I do not want to imagine being solely responsible for my livelihood. I do not believe I would manage. Though- I do like to fight. That is fun, despite being--” a pause to sigh quietly, “exhausting. At least I would be capable of defense. But, that again brings us to the river. I would miss it, and I do like swimming as well.” That flickering almost-smile passed over their features again. “Yes. Any life but our own sounds quite the miserable one.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Feather and Fire [Rookpaw]   Feather and Fire [Rookpaw] EmptyFri 18 Aug 2023 - 15:51

Swanpaw's whiskers twitched in amusement at Rookpaw's words. They were capable of joking, though they had seemed quite serious at first. She was glad to have been proven wrong. "You have a brother?" She asked, curious... And maybe a little embarrassed that she hadn't known this information. She really did need to get to know her clanmates more.

"It must be a harsh life to live. I think I'd do okay at fighting... But nothing about not being in a clan sounds appealing. Having to watch your back all the time sounds just as exhausting as being in real fights." She nodded in agreement with their assessment, following the darker-furred apprentice out into the river. Poppyshine had taught her how to swim, and by this point it came naturally to her. "But that's the great thing about being in the clans, isn't it? We're not on edge all the time, we have somewhere to go back to every night. It's mostly peaceful... Though I think I'd rather not go back to fourtrees any time soon. What a mass that last gathering was."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Feather and Fire [Rookpaw]   Feather and Fire [Rookpaw] EmptyThu 31 Aug 2023 - 6:26

Rookpaw’s ears twitched forward and they turned toward Swanpaw, a glimmer of surprise in their normally impassive eyes. “Yes. Of course I have a brother. I am surprised you did not know. We are twins-- he is Larkpaw.” They said, end of their tail skimming back and forth across the surface of the river. They looked over their shoulder in the direction of camp, like they expected-- or hoped --he would come padding out of the reeds at the mention of his name. Rookpaw was quiet for a moment before adding, “He is not always good at socializing. Like me. But he is well-intentioned. I wish more Clanmates than myself would allow him the patience to be kind. It is not his fault he misunderstands convention.”

There was a faint woefulness to Rookpaw’s expression as they spoke of their brother. Slowly, they shook their head to clear the twinge of sadness that had come for them and returned their attention to Swanpaw. “I have not liked Gatherings since my first. They are far too loud and far too crowded.” They said. “I was not in attendance last moon. I may have never attended another had I been present. Though with the display of lightning, I hope the offending Clans assume some responsibility. I cannot imagine they would allow their leaders, struck down by StarClan in front of the forest, to hold their position any further.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Feather and Fire [Rookpaw]   Feather and Fire [Rookpaw] EmptySat 2 Sep 2023 - 15:35

Swanpaw could only nod at Rookpaw’s words. “I haven’t seen Larkpaw much,” She admitted, “Though I also tend to stick close to my own siblings rather than interact with the rest of my denmates. That’s something I’ve been trying to work on. A cat should know their clanmates better than I do.” She mewed with a sheepish smile.

“I’ve been impatient with cats before when I shouldn’t have.” She thought briefly of Drizzlepool, then of Silentpaw, “Misunderstandings and a lack of patience are a combination I’m acquainted with, unfortunately.” Something she would work on, for her clanmates’ sake. “You’ll have to introduce us one day... Or I’m sure I’ll run into him sooner than later, too.” She smiled, allowing herself to float in the cool waters of the river.

“The thunder and lightning was the loudest thing I have ever heard! I don’t know how we all didn’t go deaf from it, and I certainly wouldn’t blame anyone for not wanting to go back after that display. I don’t understand wat brought grown leaders to think they could fight at a gathering, but I bet that won’t happen again anytime soon. I would hope the clans got rid of leadership like that too. Seems like it wouldn’t be good for any clan to have leaders with such low character.”

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Feather and Fire [Rookpaw]   Feather and Fire [Rookpaw] EmptyMon 4 Sep 2023 - 14:12

"Yes. If you do not find him yourself, I will have to." Rookpaw mewed agreeably. "You have been good company today. If you are as amenable with him as you have been with me, it will go well." They nodded succinctly and something warm stirred to life in their chest. Swanpaw seemed the decent sort. Hopefully, she would get along with Lark well; he needed more companions. "Perhaps. WindClan and ShadowClan have not been the best guided for... as long as I have cared to know of them." Rookpaw's whiskers twitched and a flickering smile passed across their features, there one moment and gone just as swiftly. Amusement and that rare pride lit the depths of their eyes again. "That may be another reason RiverClan is the best Clan. I do not know much of Mottlestar or Birdstar, which I suppose speaks to steadiness. But I know Perchstar. ...naturally. And she is a good leader." They inclined their head toward Swanpaw in a last nod and let their eyes fall closed, relaxed to weariness by the gentle cradle that buoyed them. "We will have to see at the full moon. Perhaps we can speak again over any shifts in leadership, or lack thereof."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Feather and Fire [Rookpaw]   Feather and Fire [Rookpaw] EmptyTue 5 Sep 2023 - 20:32

Swanpaw all but beamed at Rookpaw's words. She was glad the conversation had been an agreeable one, and the other apprentice certainly wasn't a bad cat to talk with past the unassuming exterior they posed.

"She took me and my siblings in. There's no other leader that could compare to her." She had to agree with Rookpaw's assessment. "As far as Mottlestar and Birdstar... Not hearing about them much is a good thing, I would think." Especially compared to the leaders of Windclan and Shadowclan.

Rookpaw hadn't been scared off by her own snark, and the idea of talking with them again was far from unpleasant. They were good conversation, in Swanpaw's view. "We should." She nodded, "Hopefully without leadership drama, but this has been nice."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8