Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I'm Not Ready [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice
Number of posts : 708

I'm Not Ready [c] Empty
PostSubject: I'm Not Ready [c]   I'm Not Ready [c] EmptySat 22 Jul 2023 - 18:47

Nectarflower

Nectarflower approached the small clearing that made the medicine cat's den, her chest burning and her limbs feeling heavy. She had been feeling a little odd as of late and as such, wanted to get Sparrowthorn's opinion on what may be wrong. Though she had stopped eating and taking care of herself for a short period of time after Weaselfoot's death, she was doing much better now.

Not great, but better. She actually cared enough about her health now to be concerned when her appetite fluctuated and now that she had gained a little weight, she was concerned. Was it because she had started eating regularly after going a few days without a meal? She certainly hoped so. Otherwise, the only other explanation was...no, she didn't want to think it. Telling Rosepaw that she may be expecting was bad enough...she wouldn't know what to do if she really was.

The silky she-cat had waited until sun high to approach the medicine cat, too embarrassed to say anything while the camp was full. Most of the clan was out hunting or patrolling the borders so now was as good a time as any.

She looked around, glad to see no other cats around and as her gaze landed on Sparrowthorn, her heartrate rose until she could hear it in her ears. "Uhm...Sparrowthorn? Can I ask for your opinion on something?"

Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1200

I'm Not Ready [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ready [c]   I'm Not Ready [c] EmptySat 22 Jul 2023 - 22:18

Sparrowthorn's ear flicked back as she heard Nectarflower's voice call out. Gaze sliding from her monotonous task of re-organizing the herbs, which had been moved by someone whom she would have to hunt down and give a stern talking to, the apprentice padded over to the warrior. "Hm?" Was all she said, a slightly inquisitive noise from the back of her throat. Green eyes looking up and down Nectarflower, she immediately clocked the slight difference in... shape. She would never say that Batsong had done a poor job teaching her. Regardless, she kept her mouth shut, which was easy enough, and waited for Nectarflower to speak.

I'm Not Ready [c] Downlo46

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | 20/60 | #666d96
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's cool cat creator!
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice

I'm Not Ready [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ready [c]   I'm Not Ready [c] EmptyMon 24 Jul 2023 - 15:33

Nectarflower

Nectarflower glanced from Sparrowthorn to the herbs she had been tending to, feeling somewhat out of place. Though the other she-cat wasn't as experienced, Nectarflower still felt more comfortable seeking out her opinion on things than anyone else. Surely, any she-cat who'd had kits before would easily be able to diagnose her, but the young warrior wasn't sure if she was ready for the whole clan to know or not.

Clearing her throat awkwardly, she turned her eyes toward the ground, not wanting to meet the medicine cat's gaze. It was embarrassing to admit that she wasn't sure if she was expecting or not and, in this case, made worse by the fact that she would be raising her potential kits on her own. That thought alone was enough to bring tears to her eyes. She really wished Weaselfoot was here right now.

"D-Do you think I could be expecting?" She paused, swallowing heavily before continuing. "I've been feeling...different. Sort of like Ferntwist said she felt when she was...yeah." Her voice trailed off weakly despite all attempts to remain strong.

Rosepaw had said that she and the rest of the clan would be there to help, but Nectarflower still wasn't sure it was enough. She had always wanted to have kits and raise them together with her mate. When she met Weaselfoot, everything had seemed to fall into place. That is, until he was so cruelly taken from her.

Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

I'm Not Ready [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ready [c]   I'm Not Ready [c] EmptySun 30 Jul 2023 - 23:42

"Yeah I'm pretty sure you're expecting." Sparrowthorn said, hardly waiting a breath after Nectarflower spoke. It was just... obvious? Maybe it wasn't to Nectarflower, the apprentice didn't know. Turning back around to look at the herb stockpile, the molly started listing off symptoms. "Any feelings of nausea? Weight gain despite eating normally?" She opened her mouth to ask if she had a mate, but then stopped herself. It didn't matter, the warrior was clearly pregnant.

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

I'm Not Ready [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ready [c]   I'm Not Ready [c] EmptyTue 8 Aug 2023 - 11:34

Nectarflower

Nectarflower looked at her paws, visibly distraught at Sparrowthorn's response. She had suspected as much, but to hear her fears confirmed was another thing entirely. This was real. She was expecting kits - Weaselfoot's kits. The young warrior groaned as the world seemed to spin and sat down with a thump, legs shaking.

She cleared her throat after a few moments, trying to regain her composure and shrugged. "I- Yeah, I guess. I haven't been taking very good care of myself, I was hoping it was just that." Nectarflower winced slightly as the words left her mouth. The way she'd said that made it seem like she didn't want these kits. She did, she really did, she just wished Weaselfoot could be here.

Eyes wide with concern, Nectarflower looked up at Sparrowthorn, clearly worried. She had spent the first few days after Weaselfoot's death in her nest and refused to eat during that time. Had that affected her kits? Were they okay? "Can you check on them?" Honestly, Nectarflower wasn't sure if there was anything Sparrowthorn could do if something was wrong, but she had to at least know. "When Weaselfoot died, I..." She trailed off, ashamed of herself.

"I wasn't really taking care of myself. Do you think they're okay?" Though she had indeed begun gaining weight once she returned to eating normally, Nectarflower didn't want to take any chances if her mistake had led to complications with her pregnancy. She would never forgive herself if anything was wrong with her kits.

Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

I'm Not Ready [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ready [c]   I'm Not Ready [c] EmptySun 13 Aug 2023 - 22:53

A wave of confusion momentarily passed over Sparrowthorn's face, before realization. The kits reminded Nectarflower of her mate. The mate that was dead. Regaining her composure, the small molly padded over to the warrior, checking her over visually for a moment. "Likely, yes. They might be small when they're born, or born early, but since you're gaining weight I see no reason why they wouldn't be growing normally." With a low hum, she picked up her paw. "I'm going to prod your belly a bit, just so you know."

With some gentle poking, Sparrowthorn could only conclude that everything seemed to be going well. Unfortunately, she couldn't tell how many there would be or anything. She didn't think any medicine cat could do that. "Everything seems fine. Just make sure you're eating well and staying out of anything too straining. You'll maybe want to think about getting off patrols soon, but I'll leave that to you, for the time being." Medical knowledge discharged, Sparrowthorn fell silent once again, considering padding away. Before she could though, she spoke. "You'll do a good job, I'd bet. Thanks for asking me to check on them. Let me know if you need anything, or if anything feels off."

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

I'm Not Ready [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ready [c]   I'm Not Ready [c] EmptyWed 16 Aug 2023 - 17:03

Nectarflower

Nectarflower nodded solemnly as Sparrowthorn spoke. She was relieved to hear that her kits were probably doing just fine but felt a pang of guilt at being told that there was a chance of them being small when they were born. She had nobody but herself to blame if things went poorly, but she would just have to hope that things didn't go poorly. Though she allowed it, Nectarflower leaned back as Sparrowthorn moved closer to poke at her and fought the urge to snap at the medicine cat's paw which seemed suddenly too close and too harsh on her belly.

She resisted however, and reminded herself that Sparrowthorn was a medicine cat, not some rogue. It brought some relief to hear that everything looked okay and Nectarflower let out a breath she hadn't realized she had been holding. "Thank Starclan." She mewed softly. The tortoiseshell she-cat listened carefully to the rest of Sparrowthorn's advice and found herself agreeing. She didn't want ever to put her kits in danger, they were all that was left of Weaselfoot.

"I'll be careful. Windclan needs kits and they're all that's left of Weaselfoot...they'll be safe." Now that she was certain that she was expecting, Nectarflower found herself suddenly fiercely protective and attached to these kits. She wouldn't let anything happen to them - not while she was still breathing.

With a deep sigh, Nectarflower got to her paws, ready to leave, but before she could, Sparrowthorn spoke again. Tears pricked at the young warrior's eyes, and she nodded gratefully. "Thank you, I certainly hope so." With a dip of her head, Nectarflower turned and made her way back into the center of the camp. She paused though, to look back and added. "And if you ever need help, let me know - I'll be bored out of my mind once I'm stuck in the camp." With that, the she-cat flicked her tail and padded to her nest to get some much needed sleep.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm Not Ready [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ready [c]   I'm Not Ready [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm Not Ready [c]
Page 1 of 1