Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Coughs and burns (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2423

Coughs and burns (c) Empty
PostSubject: Coughs and burns (c)   Coughs and burns (c) EmptySat 15 Jul 2023 - 17:43

Duskkit was back in the medicine den with a cough. She got these from time to time, and they always went straight to her chest. At least today she had some company, she realized as she looked at the cat in the nest next to her. “Hi,” she mewed. “Nice to -cough- see you again.” The tom was nice. She knew him from his kits in the nursery.
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3221

PostSubject: Re: Coughs and burns (c)   Coughs and burns (c) EmptySat 15 Jul 2023 - 17:51

Happiness comes the way the wind blows

Sootstorm had been bringing back some dandilions for Sparrowthorn when he caught sight of the sickly kit in one of the nests. He remembered having seen this kit around the nursery a few times, being only a moon older than his own kits. But... she was so skinny, almost as if she might fly away if there was a sudden gust that was too strong. Pity welled up inside him, and before he knew it he was beside her nest.

"Hello there! You're Duskkit, right? I'm Sootstorm," He purred, giving the brown tabby a bright smile. "What are you doing here?" He continued. How did she get so sickly? Had she been the runt of the litter, or was all her littermates as sickly? If they were, why was she the only one here? ...oh. The realization sent a pang of pity through his heart. That was hard, but not uncommon.

Nerd

Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Coughs and burns (c)   Coughs and burns (c) EmptyWed 19 Jul 2023 - 20:39

Duskkit smiled. “It’s just… a cough. I get them sometimes. I’m not supposed to know this, but I’ve heard the grownups say I barely survived being born. How are you -cough- doing? Those wounds don’t look great, are those burns?”
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coughs and burns (c)   Coughs and burns (c) EmptyWed 19 Jul 2023 - 21:48

Sootstorm's ear twitched at the mention of what the other cats had been saying. They should know better than to discuss such things right in front of kits. He moved closer to Duskkit, a small smile on his face. "Yeah, I got these burns from a lightning strike sent by Starclan," He chuckled. The story felt so unreal when he said it out loud, and he probably wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't been there. "Where is your mother?" He added. Did Duskkit even have a mother that was still... he didn't dare finish the thought.

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Coughs and burns (c)   Coughs and burns (c) EmptyThu 20 Jul 2023 - 5:58

Duskkit shifted, trying to find a comfortable position. “Wow, what a story to be able to tell,” she mewed with a smile. “Even if they hurt now, your scars will be unique!” Then he asked… that question. “My mother is with StarClan now,” she mewed. “I don’t really -cough- remember her, so you don’t have to feel bad for me. All of WindClan are my family now.”
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coughs and burns (c)   Coughs and burns (c) EmptyFri 21 Jul 2023 - 22:11

Sootstorm was at a loss for words. "I'm glad to hear it," He mewed finally. He extended a paw to gently boop the small kit on the nose. He offered Duskkit a small smile as he asked softly, "Have you ever thought of what you want to be? When I was a kit, there was a time I thought being a medicine cat would be pretty cool, but I couldn't imagine that now. As important as being a medicine cat is, being a warrior is fun too"

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Coughs and burns (c)   Coughs and burns (c) EmptySat 22 Jul 2023 - 8:02

Duskkit hadn’t really thought too much about the future. The present was so good, why worry? She had a clan to look out for her and a warm den to sleep in. “I guess being a medicine cat sounds pretty good, but for that to happen Batsong or Sparrowthorn would have to die, right? I don’t want them to die. So I think I’ll stick with being a warrior.”
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coughs and burns (c)   Coughs and burns (c) EmptySun 23 Jul 2023 - 23:43

Sootstorm paused as Duskkit mentioned Windclan's medicine cats... dying. That thought seemed impossible, but he had assumed the same of Flutterpetal, hadn't he? And even if they didn't die, Batsong wasn't exactly the youngest. Neither was Shrikestorm or Smallbean or a lot of their clanmates. For the first time, Sootstorm felt just a little bit... old. "Yeah, being a warrior is nice as well," He murmured, then put on a cheery smile. "Anyone in particular you want to be your mentor? Smallbean? Tigerdance?" He continued, trying to push away whatever sad thoughts had crossed his mind.

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Coughs and burns (c)   Coughs and burns (c) EmptyMon 24 Jul 2023 - 16:27

Duskkit shrugged. “I’m okay with anyone, really. Just as long as they can be patient. I know I can be a bit weaker at times and I wouldn’t want to hold anybody back.”
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coughs and burns (c)   Coughs and burns (c) EmptyMon 24 Jul 2023 - 19:46

"You won't be holding anyone back!"Sootstorm quickly mewed. Well, she probably would, but so did many cats before her. "Warrior life isn't easy, and everyone understands how some cats might not be as good in certain areas, but you're far from the only one! You'll be fine, trust me," He purred.

PostSubject: Re: Coughs and burns (c)   Coughs and burns (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

Coughs and burns (c)
Page 1 of 1