Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Confrontation [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice
Number of posts : 714

Confrontation [c] Empty
PostSubject: Confrontation [c]   Confrontation [c] EmptyTue 4 Jul 2023 - 11:17

Bearkit

Bearkit had heard rumors of a new cat within Skyclan's walls. He was unaware of the bulk of the information surrounding said newcomer, but he was oddly curious to find out. Especially after hearing the word 'murder' tossed around.

As he understood it, murder was a bad thing. What kind of bad thing, he had yet to find out. The fluffy tom had never been one to beat around the bush, however, and decided that going straight to the source would be easiest. That way, he could stop snooping around and put all of these questions to rest.

Braving the heat, the young kit padded out into the clearing, his icy blue eyes scanning the camp. Eventually, he spotted the one cat he'd never seen around the camp before. The new she-cat with the odd smells on her pelt. She looked frightening with all of the scars littered across her pelt and what looked to be a missing eye. However, Bearkit wasn't afriad. In fact, he was even more curious.

The brown and white kit came to a stop in front of the rogue-turned warrior, his face drawn into a grimace. Apparently, this cat had done bad things. He needed to make sure his sisters were safe with her around.

"Are you a bad cat?" Subtlety would never be one of his strong suits - that was for sure. "I don't know what murder is, but doesn't sound good. I won't let you hurt my sisters." He stared up at Beechfang, his eyes narrowed.

Bearkit wasn't afraid. Even if this cat was huge, scary, and did bad things.

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5691

Confrontation [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confrontation [c]   Confrontation [c] EmptyTue 4 Jul 2023 - 17:04

Kits, Beechfang had observed, tended to fall in two categories. The shy and timid, easily frightened... Or the bold, reckless and blunt. The little tomkit who approached her seemingly without fear was most certainly the latter, with pointed questions that Beechfang was positive were spun up by hearing bits and pieces of conversation here or there, asked without thought to how she might take them, as only a kit would do. That was something Beechfang was familiar with, and could deal with. The question of if she was a bad cat or not was hardly offensive, though she half-expected a queen to come rushing over to try and dissuade the kit from asking. Especially once he broached the topic of murder. No queen did however, and Beechfang regarded the kit for a moment before replying. He was a bold one, indeed.

"Perhaps I am." Beechfang had seen good cats do bad time and time again. She had seen the bad ones that were capable of some good too, though that was far rarer. "Murder is bad. You'll understand what it is when you're older." She wasn't sure she could explain that to a kit. It would be a great first impression on the queens, she was sure. "It was a mistake made in the heat of the moment." What she had thought justified at the time, if only to get Cloverheart to stop her incessant ranting. It hadn't been, of course.

Harm his sisters? The thought made her bristle with indignation, and a low huff escaped her. "I do not harm kits, little one." She sighed, "What's your name?"

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice

Confrontation [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confrontation [c]   Confrontation [c] EmptyTue 4 Jul 2023 - 19:13

Bearkit

Bearkit hummed, somewhat pleased with her response. Though there were some who worried over the newcomer, the positive things his clanmates had to say mostly outnumbered those who expressed their concern.

So, he brushed off his concerns. If she had tried to convince him of her innocence or been sweet as honey, he might have been more suspicious.

Since she wasn't, though, his expression relaxed and he sat down with a plop, seemingly pacified. Not a bad cat that. For a moment, he wondered if all cats made bad mistake like she did - whatever it was she had done.

Probably. Cypresskit was a good kit who sometimes played pranks that went too far.

Yes, that made sense. His head tipped to the side thoughtfully, Bearkit finally responded. "I'm Bearkit. My sisters are Bubblekit, Cypresskit, Ploverkit, and Sorrelkit." He looked around, then added, "You...might know my parents? Juniperheart and Sunfire?" She had been in Skyclan previously, so the assumption made sense to him.

Then, something occured to the young kit. Maybe he had been a bit harsh earlier...she seemed pretty offended. A good cat would apologize..."I'm sorry by the way. I'm just supposed to be keeping my sister safe while Juniperheart is sick."

Bearkit didn't feel particularly bad though, he had a good reason to be cautious. And once he explained himself, he was sure she would understand.

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

Confrontation [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confrontation [c]   Confrontation [c] EmptyWed 5 Jul 2023 - 10:56

The kit seemed content enough by her answers, plopping down in front of her. His name was Bearkit, and he had the misfortune of being the only tom with many sisters. That was a story Beechfang was familiar with, and it made her smile slightly. And his parents were Juniperheart and Sunfire... Sunfire was a familiar name. The normal of Wolfblossom's sons.

Her daughter had been gushing over grandkits. Bearkit was one, then. She hadn't recognized him, having not approached the nursery herself yet. "Nice to meet you, Bearkit, I'm Beechfang. Your father is Wolfblossom's son, right? She's my daughter." That made them family, albeit distantly. She had been absent enough for most of Wolfblossom's life, and Sunfire was a cat she hardly knew at all. It felt wrong to call the kit or his father family, but in time, maybe... Maybe she could build relationships like she had once held in this clan.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Confrontation [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confrontation [c]   Confrontation [c] EmptyWed 5 Jul 2023 - 21:04

Bearkit

Bearkit watched Beechfang, his icy blue eyes calculating. If Wolfblossom was her daughter...then they were related, right? Yeah, that made sense. But, if Wolfblossom was his Grandma, what did that make this cat. Older Grandma?

A Greatma? Then, it suddenly occured to the tom that he didnt even know his...Greatma's name. He'd forgotten to ask, which was honestly pretty rude and not something a good kit would do.  

After a moment, he dipped his head. "I'm glad I met you too. And yeah, Gamma Wolfblossom. What...uh. What should I call you then?" Knowing now that they were family, Bearkit felt a little bad for being to confrontational earlier. He didnt like arguing with family or even being on bad terms with his sisters.

This cat was even older than Gamma Wolfblossom so she deserved even more respect, surely. Well, if there was one thing he'd learned from this, it was not to assume anything. Especially when he didnt know all of the details.

The young kit cleared his throat, his mouth dry. He didn't usually talk if he could help it, but he'd been so curious and he wanted to know more now.

Stars - he felt like his sisters. He was supposed to be the rational one.

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

Confrontation [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confrontation [c]   Confrontation [c] EmptyThu 6 Jul 2023 - 8:50

"Hmm?" Now that was certainly a question. Not one Beechfang had ever given thought to in the past. She was hardly grandmother to her own grandkits, let alone her grandson's kits... "Family will do, I think." If he'd asked Dawnfeather, the golden she-cat might have come up with something more creative. "Or great... grandma, I guess? Beechfang works too." She wasn't picky, really.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Confrontation [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confrontation [c]   Confrontation [c] EmptyFri 7 Jul 2023 - 19:11

Bearkit

Bearkit considered this for a moment, confused. Great grandma? But that was so many syllables. Greatma made more sense - it was just like grandma...but greater. Oh, and older. Beechfang did definitely look older than Wolfblossom.

He rolled onto his side, tired from all of the talking and moving around. His tail thumped on the ground and he tilted his head to get a better - yet sideways view of Beechfang. "I think greatma makes more sense."

His gaze fell on the big scar on the old she-cat's face and his brows furrowed. "What happened to you? You're all messed up. It looks like it hurt." Unfortunately, Bearkit wasn't a particularly tactful cat and unless it involved his sisters or parents, he didn't usually care much about what happened to his clanmates

Beechfang, however, was family. So he would put in the effort to get to know her. Even if she was old, decrepit cat that would probably die in a few seasons if not sooner.

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

Confrontation [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confrontation [c]   Confrontation [c] EmptySat 8 Jul 2023 - 12:39

"Greatma, then." Beechfang agreed. It was a very Dawnfeather nickname, she thought, smiling softly to herself.

The question of her scars wasn't an uncommon one, though she was sure it was actually asked a bit less than the number of cats who questioned it outside of her presence. The kit was bold enough to ask directly though, and Beechfang paused in thought for a moment. How to explain and not get her ears (or what was left of them) ripped off by the queens? Some things, she knew, simply weren't meant for kits to know. Not that she thought so, but she wasn't inclined to make a mess of things immediately upon her return.

"Lightning hit the tree I was in. Don't sit in trees when it's storming." She responded, "It doesn't hurt anymore, though." ...Much. Which was technically true. Most of the time.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Confrontation [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confrontation [c]   Confrontation [c] EmptyMon 10 Jul 2023 - 10:44

Bearkit

Bearkit nodded approvingly. Greatma was the perfect name. Beechfang certainly did look quite old and great - it was fitting. He tipped his head to the side as she considered his question. It was undoubtedly a difficult one to answer but he was curious to hear what she would say nonetheless.

He listened to her explanation which, though a bit of a let down, was interesting enough. "Lightning did that to you? You should be called Beechstorm. You're gray and everything." Was it rude to say that? No, probably not. He and his sisters came up with make-believe names all of the time.

Besides, it sounded like a perfect name. Suddenly, Bearkit had an idea. He perked up and stared intently at Beechfang. "Will you take me out of the camp? I wanna get a gift for my sisters." What kind of gift though he wasnt sure. Maybe some yummy fresh prey or something shiny they would like?

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

Confrontation [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confrontation [c]   Confrontation [c] EmptyTue 11 Jul 2023 - 8:19

"Yeah... Lightning is a force of nature - literally. I'm not really a fan of storms, though." Beechstorm... She would bet that a similar name had gone through her father's head during her warrior ceremony, if the names of some of her siblings were any indication. "I do like Beechfang, though." It was fitting.

"I remember trying to sneak out of camp as a kit... Always did get caught. But the forest isn't the place, even with a warrior to watch over you. Not until you're old enough." Beechfang mewed, "What would you bring your sisters? Maybe I can find it for you?"

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Confrontation [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confrontation [c]   Confrontation [c] EmptySat 15 Jul 2023 - 18:32

Bearkit

Bearkit tipped his head to the side, thoughtful. That made enough sense, after all, Beechfang had been struck and permanently scarred by a byproduct of storms. If he had been burned up in a fire, he probably wouldn't want to be named Bearfire, would he? So, the young kit begrudgingly accepted Beechfang's decision.

Besides, Beechfang was a good enough name. Maybe not the Beech part, but fang had a nice ring to it. It gave the impression of toughness or battle prowess. He certainly hoped he could have a nice, strong name like that. Bearclaw would be cool. Or, even better, Bearblood...something like that anyway.

He slumped a little when Beechfang shot down his proposition, tail lashing with annoyance. Sure, the forest had foxes and eagles and whatnot, but he wasn't just a weak little kit. He was larger than most kits his age and definitely bigger than his sisters. His pelt had already smoothed out and lost its kitten-like fluffiness.

Regardless, there wasn't much he could do to change a weathered warrior's mind. Especially one he didn't know all that well. So, Bearkit gritted his teeth and dipped his head. "Right, that makes sense." Though, maybe he could still get a gift for his sisters with Beechfang on his side to help.

"Something pretty. Flowers? Maybe some soft, colorful feathers?" He wasn't really one for any of that silly, kittish stuff, never was and never would be. But his sisters would certainly appreciate it.

=
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

Confrontation [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confrontation [c]   Confrontation [c] EmptySun 16 Jul 2023 - 18:22

The kit wasn't exactly pleased by being told he couldn't go out of camp, and Beechfang could sympathize. Rules were rules, she'd come to learn, even if she wasn't particularly good at following them herself, this one was at least for a good reason. "When you're an apprentice we can search for something for them together." Maybe offering him that much would soothe the frustration... Or just make him more impatient.

"Hmm. There's plenty of flowers that grow by the creek. And some blue jay or starling feathers won't be difficult to find. The starling feathers are eye-catching, black lined with gold, and flecks of color. Think your sisters would like those?"

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Confrontation [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confrontation [c]   Confrontation [c] EmptyTue 18 Jul 2023 - 21:35

Bearkit

While it wasn't ideal, it was better than nothing, so Bearkit dipped his head appreciative of the offer. He was a patient kit, probably the most patient one in the nursery right now - maybe ever. If Beechfang said that she would help him collect gifts for his sisters, he would hold her to it. Not that she seemed the type to make empty promises, but still, better safe than sorry.

"Hmm. Okay. That sounds good to me." It was for the best anyway. If his parents - or anyone else for that matter - found out that he'd snuck out of the camp. Ooooh, he'd certainly be in for it then.

He considered the options Beechfang proposed for a moment, uncertain. He didn't know what his sisters would like. They'd probably be happy with anything, though. "Cypresskit would like the starling feathers, I think. Bubblekit and Sorrelkit would like the bright stuff? And I guess Ploverkit would like flowers."

Bearkit was guessing more than anything else, but whatever.

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

Confrontation [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Confrontation [c]   Confrontation [c] EmptyWed 19 Jul 2023 - 20:11

Bearkit seemed pacified by her offer, and Beechfang almost wondered if he was the type to agree and then try to sneak out anyways. That's what she might've done, being impatient to see the world beyond camp.

"Hmm," Beechfang listened as Bearkit listed off ideas. It had been a long, long time since she'd done anything like this, but she found that she was looking forward to it. "Those are doable, yeah. I'll see what I can find the next time I'm on patrol." She promised.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8