Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

stranger like me [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 989

stranger like me [c] Empty
PostSubject: stranger like me [c]   stranger like me [c] EmptyMon 3 Jul 2023 - 22:27

skyclan's resident disney princess
THYME
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

The world was still so big, and the size of her surroundings was beginning to make Thyme realize that she was so... small. Would things tower over her like this forever? She supposed she wouldn't mind it if that were the case. However, she also wanted to know what it was like to be big. Tall or short, Thyme was sure that every size was able to see the world from a different, beautiful perspective. There truly was no such thing as inferiority to her. Then again, did any kits truly know the concept of inferiority? For a being that barely knew anything or anyone, everything and everyone was mesmerizing.

She also knew how to piece some things together on her own. For example, "warmth" was the strong feeling from the sun that hugged her pelt. "Hunger" was the empty feeling in her stomach when she hadn't had milk or food yet. She could also use what she knew to learn about new things. "Happiness" was "warmth" and "hunger" was "sadness"... but fortunately for Thyme, she was yet to knew what "anger" was.

Today was a new day with new chances to learn, and as Thyme waddled out of the nursery, she found herself looking around once again. She knew that it would take a while for her to memorize the layout of camp, but she also knew that it would be a fun adventure to find her way around in the meantime. Her thinking was interrupted as she stopped abruptly in front of a tom. She blinked once before looking up at him curiously. A new friend? Great!

"Mister! Hi!" She greeted the tom.
What a good day this was already.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
banana

banana

Characters : Whinchatpaw [W], Acornkit [A]
Clan/Rank : Skyclan [W], Windclan [A]
Gemini Pig
Number of posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: stranger like me [c]   stranger like me [c] EmptyTue 4 Jul 2023 - 0:03

◇   whinchatpaw   ◇
"you get one chance, make it count."

Whinchatpaw pounced on an imaginary mouse that sat a foxlength in front of him. After his first training session with Silverwing, he felt the need to master every bit of knowledge he had received and that included perfecting his hunting crouch. So here he was, just in front of the apprentices' den, practicing his lunge under the watchful glow of the sun.

When a little brown and white kit emerged from the nursery, the tom only gave her a quick glance. He hadn't decided if he liked kits or not. Making no move to approach her, he simply settled onto his haunches and observed as the kit wandered around the center of camp.

To his surprise, she seemed to be drifting towards him! If the kit had been another apprentice, he probably would have moved away, but for now he remained where he was until the kit was right by his flank. Whinchatpaw's tail flicked gently with wariness. It seemed as though the kit had caught him looking at her, because she piped up a greeting.

"Um... hello-" he responded quietly.

The tom found himself lowering his head just a bit so that there was not as large a difference in height between the two. It was then he noticed the kit carried an unfamiliar scent that had blended into Skyclan's. It was not quite Skyclan, but it had faded too much for him to be able to identify it. Whinchatpaw shrugged it off with a question.

"Who might you be... little one?"

whinchatpaw || skyclan || app || 15hp/30sp* || #91a3b0
acornkit || windclan || unborn kit || 10hp/30sp || #be6565
maplepaw || thunderclan || app || 20hp/60sp || #cea39e
art requests/trades || character profiles!
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: stranger like me [c]   stranger like me [c] EmptyWed 5 Jul 2023 - 17:21

THYME
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

"I'm Thyme." The kit said, continuing to smile.

"What's mister's name?" Thyme asked, sitting down and letting her little ears stand up straight, "Was mister busy? Sorry!"
She probably should've considered that before she started speaking to the tom. Thyme was determined to not be a nuisance to anyone even if she was new around here. She was still too young to understand the concept of other cats possibly talking behind her back, so right now she considered herself to be in the Clan's good graces. She wanted it to stay that way. Friends were better than not friends anyway.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
banana

banana

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: stranger like me [c]   stranger like me [c] EmptyFri 7 Jul 2023 - 8:16

◇   whinchatpaw   ◇

Whinchatpaw listened to the kit with an amused smile. Thyme was a herb, wasn't it? Thymekit?

"Mister's name is Whinchatpaw. ...You can call me Whin if it's too hard for you to say. It's a pretty big word... but you seem like a smart kit, so I think you can do it." he replied.

"Busy? Um..." the tom crouched down to the ground then told her in a hushed, secretive tone, "I was practicing my hunting crouch. Apprentice stuff." He was actually playing with the kit! Or... conversing. Either way, he felt a warmth budding in his chest from his interaction with Thyme.

Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: stranger like me [c]   stranger like me [c] EmptyFri 7 Jul 2023 - 22:39

THYME

Thyme blinked. She had never heard a name that long before, but it sounded beautiful anyway.
"Whin... whincha-atpaw? Whinchatpaw?" Thyme sounded it out slowly before saying it all the way through with a smile.

She was a bit surprised that she was able to say it, but she was proud of herself. She wanted to be able to say everyone's name the way it was intended to. Plus, it was a great way to practice her pronunciation.

"Hunting crouch? What's that?" She asked in curiosity.
She had never heard of it before, but she certainly wanted to know all about it now. The older cats seemed to know everything in the entire world, and Thyme wanted to be just like them one day.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
banana

banana

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: stranger like me [c]   stranger like me [c] EmptyTue 11 Jul 2023 - 6:20

◇   whinchatpaw   ◇

Thyme's efforts to pronounce his name got a rare soft chuckle out of the tom. Even though he hadn't taught the kit anything significant, he still felt proud of her.

"Yup, Whinchatpaw." he confirmed.

The young apprentice decided to show her rather than tell. He backed a few pawsteps back and sought out a target. Along with a light breeze, a leaf floated into sight. It landed gracefully on the ground just in front of Thyme.

Whinchatpaw lowered his body just above the ground and fixed his eyes on his new-found prey. Tail swaying side to side he waited in pretend anticipation.

"See how my bellyfur just barely brushes the ground? I'm trying to lower myself so I can hide in the grass without my prey being able to see me." His ears flicked around as he whispered an explanation to the kit.

In a sudden burst of motion, the grey and russet colored tom pounced with paws outstretched. The leaf now in his paws, he placed it on the tip of Thyme's nose.

"Want to give it a go?"

Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: stranger like me [c]   stranger like me [c] EmptyTue 11 Jul 2023 - 21:08

All Hail SkyClan's Resident Disney Princess
thyme
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing.
Thyme watched with a glimmer in her eye as Whinchatpaw demonstrated the hunting crouch. It was fascinating. She had never seen anything like it before. She nodded slowly to show understanding as the tom quietly explained his actions to her, and she gasped in awe as he soared through the air before landing on top of the leaf and trapping it beneath his paws. Her awestruck expression slowly transformed until Thyme was beaming from ear to ear. That was excellent! Thyme wanted to be able to catch leaves just as well as Whinchatpaw could.

She giggle softly as the leaf tickled her nose before the breeze carried it away to a spot a few tail-lengths away. Now was her chance.
"Yes! I can do it." Thyme said, proudly, before facing the leaf and lowering herself to the ground.

Her form was incredibly messy, but the she-kit fully believed she was doing just as well as a trained apprentice. She stalked toward the leaf silently before throwing herself at it and sloppily landing on top of it before it flew away with another gust of wind.
"I did it! I caught it!" She exclaimed, picking up the leaf with her teeth before scampering back over to Whinchatpaw to show him her "prey".
the dream that you wish will come true.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
banana

banana

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: stranger like me [c]   stranger like me [c] EmptySat 15 Jul 2023 - 7:20

◇   whinchatpaw   ◇

Whinchatpaw watched the fluffy kit ready herself to pounce. Even though her form was terrible, the apprentice couldn't bring himself to correct her. Dimming the wholesome glitter in her eyes was just out of the question. It simply wasn't possible!

So when Thyme thrusted herself into the air and landed clumsily on the little leaf, Whinchatpaw praised her, "You were soaring! What a powerful pounce." With the kit hurtling back to him, the tom received the fluffy bundle with a welcome hug. "That is a lovely piece of prey right there, little one. Would you care to share it with me?"

Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: stranger like me [c]   stranger like me [c] EmptySun 16 Jul 2023 - 2:33

thyme
Thyme let her happiness overflow into her smile as she gratefully accepted the praise and the hug. If an apprentice thought that she was great at hunting already, then she could only imagine how wonderful she would be when she was an apprentice herself.

She nodded eagerly at Whinchatpaw's question.
"Of course! I love sharing." She purred before using her little yet sharp claws to split the fragile leaf in half.
She then gingerly pushed one of the halves over to Whinchatpaw and sat down in front of her own half with a satisfied huff.
"Don't eat it too fast, or your tummy will hurt." She warned, letting her tail wrap around her paws.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
banana

banana

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: stranger like me [c]   stranger like me [c] EmptyMon 17 Jul 2023 - 21:02

◇   whinchatpaw   ◇

Whinchatpaw accepted the piece of 'prey' with a warm smile. He couldn't help adore the little kit. She was simply a bundle of joy to watch. The apprentice waited for her to settle down in preparation to eat the meal before taking a nibble of his own. At her warning, the tom nodded to show he understood how important it was. He then gave her a mischiveous grin before stuffing his piece into his mouth. Giving it a few heartbeats after he swallowed, he flopped over on the ground.

"Oh no...! My tummy!" he cried, desperately hiding an amused smile by flinging his paws about.
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: stranger like me [c]   stranger like me [c] EmptyTue 18 Jul 2023 - 23:12

thyme
Thyme smiled as Whinchatpaw ate his half of the leaf before gasping once he fell over. She momentarily abandoned her own leaf and hopped over with shock glittering in her eyes.
"Oh, no!" She exclaimed, placing her front paws on the apprentices' belly.
"It's okay! I think I know what to do."

Thyme turned around before picking up her own leaf half once again. She knew that medicine cats used herbs to help cats, so this would be the same, right? She placed the half beside Whinchatpaw with a worried expression. This would do the trick!
"Eat this, slowly. It'll make you feel better!" Thyme said, watching the apprentice to make sure that he wouldn't eat this half too quickly.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
banana

banana

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: stranger like me [c]   stranger like me [c] EmptyThu 20 Jul 2023 - 6:30

◇   whinchatpaw   ◇

Whinchatpaw nearly let an uncharacteristic giggle escape his maw when he felt the kit's paws on his belly. (ooc: he's ticklish apparently  Shocked ) He remained sprawled out on the ground, watching Thyme's strategy to cure him of his bellyache with an ache in his chest. The longer he spent with this kit, the more he realized he would do anything to protect her from harm.

As soon as Thyme returned, he went limp and reached out a tentative paw to take the uneaten half of the leaf. He would've stuffed that half into his face again if it weren't for the kit's watchful gaze. Very slowly he put the leaf to his mouth and munched. Genuinely feeling full of energy, he gasped, "It worked! You're a life-saver, Thyme!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stranger like me [c]   stranger like me [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

stranger like me [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp-
Jump to: