Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2912

Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 19 Jun 2023 - 19:53

Batsong silently worked preparing the needed herbs for the upcoming moonstone she would be going on with Nectarpaw. She hummed a little to herself thinking over what she would need.

She gathered together Chamomile to ease the mind and heart, Daisy leaves to prevent stiff joints and sorrel to help with strength.

Bundling them together neatly she had one for herself and one for her companion tonight and one more for the warrior she would be taking with as an extra measure of security.

Taking a deep breath she looked out of camp across the moorlands. All seemed calm for now, a stark contrast that followed the battle that had just occured. She hesitated wondering if she should bring a warrior with them as well... Would shadowclan be bold enough to attack a med cat and an apprentice on their way to the moonstone??

She was not sure, but with the recent battle having a warrior along seemed like a good idea.

So before going to the apprentice den to get Nectarpaw she stopped by the warriors spot and saw Eaglefly there.

"Eaglefly, can you accompany Necterpaw and I tonight to the moonstone? With the recent events we need to be cautious as ever.

Eaglefly glanced up nodding in agreement as batsong set down his herbs for the trip.

She then went to the apprentice spot and called for Nectarpaw. "Nectarpaw? It is time for your moonstone trip" she explained.

Putting the herbs down for the apprentice to eat. "These will give you strength for the trip." she purred.

"Eaglefly is going to come with us as well, just to be on the safe end of things" she purred filling in the apprentice of their plan.

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [M]oonkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [M] WC Kit
Number of posts : 767

PostSubject: Re: Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 20 Jun 2023 - 10:12

Nectarpaw

Nectarpaw was relaxing in the camp after a long morning of tending to the elders and the kits in the nursery. Finally, she had finished with taking out bedding and replacing it with new grasses, as well of some personal touches the kits were bound to love. Mostly, it was just little flowers and soft feathers she'd found while out.

Now, the tortoiseshell apprentice was sitting by the nursery, grooming her ruffled pelt to get the bits of grass and dirt out of her fur. It had been a few sunrises since the battle between Smallbean's patrol and Shadowclan...the camp still didn't feel the same.

The tension filling the camp was like a tangible object, permeating through the air and choking out any laughter or cheer. Even Nectarpaw couldn't bring herself to joke around anymore - not now.

As she finished prying the last of the grass from her flank, Batsong's voice cut through the delicate silence.

Nectarpaw looked up curiously, her eyes tail twitching. She'd never had a reason to visit Batsong in the medicine den and thus hadn't gotten much of a chance to speak to her before. Then, she looked at Eaglefly, silently wondering why he was here as well.

Though, she was more familiar with him at least. Even if only because they had gone on patrols together every now and then. "Oh, uhm, okay! I thought that with...everything going on, Shrikestar might have wanted to delay it a bit."

After pausing a moment to listen to the older she-cat, Nectarpaw dipped her head and quickly swallowed the herbs, scrunching her nose at the odd taste. Then, she peered back up at Batsong and Eaglefly, her nose still wrinkled. "The more the merrier, right?"

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 21 Jun 2023 - 16:47

Batsong gave a little nod of agreement and once they were all ready to go she led the way out of camp and towards the moonstone. She wanted to make sure that nectarpaw was doing alright with all the training. How is the training going? she asked quietly as they got closer to the moonstone.

Eaglefly stayed a little ways back letting the two talk to themselves as he kept lookout for any potential danger.

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [M]oonkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [M] WC Kit

PostSubject: Re: Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 24 Jun 2023 - 15:46

Nectarpaw

Nectarpaw padded after Batsong, her green eyes fixed on her paws as they walked. It had been a great past few moons and until recently, all worries about Shadowclan had slipped from her mind. Now, however, it was all she could think about.

The tortoiseshell apprentice considered Batsong's question, then smiled weakly. "It's going well! Sootstorm is a wonderful mentor - I've learned so much from him."

She paused thoughtfully before adding, "Sootstorm said I'm a natural fighter. It's what we work on the most in case things with Shadowclan get...worse." Nectarpaw frowned slightly. How could things get worse? Cats were already dead and her clan was fearing for their lives.

Which, honestly, was sort of Batsong's fault. Nectarpaw glanced sideways at the medicine cat, her thoughts tumbling around in her head like stones.

She wasn't angry with Batsong, just confused. Surely the black she-cat could've found another way to confront the issue without incurring the wrath of multiple clans. Regardless, there was nothing that could be done about it now, so there was little point in making an outcast of her.

"I have to ask...what do you think about all of it? I've heard some of the story, but not your side of things."

So far, she had only heard the biased opinions of a few, it was about time she came to her own conclusions
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 24 Jun 2023 - 22:53

Batsong nodded listening to Nectarpaw's answer remaining silent until they had said everything before speaking herself.

"It's good to hear about your training.  Sootstorm is a good cat, and I am glad you work well together"

She gave a little sigh nodding at Nectarpaw's questions.

"I think that things escalated so fast on both sides.  For the longest time before I spoke up, shadowclan had been bullying our warriors or stealing information from us with the tunnels we had built.  This combined with border crossings when the confusion of the twolegs happened did not help things." she looked to her paws thinking about it all.

"I regret what I did.  It brought about more pain for both clans when I thought it would resolve the situation better.  I thought that by getting in front of things it would somehow help things by making us realize that the near deaths that had happened up to that point would only get worse if we did not take a change of course and action. I was wrong,  I cannot change the past however.  The mistakes I made were wrong yes and for a long while I felt broken over it.  I still feel bad about it yes, but I'm also slowly learning that mistakes of the past are not the only things that define us. Nectarpaw, even if you forget everything else tonight, I want you to remember that all cats make mistakes. And while we might feel terrible about them, a cats character of how they act to try and fix their mistakes is equally important too. There will come a day when you make a mistake too, and that is okay. As long as you are willing to learn from it and try your best to fix things you are already ahead in lots of ways."

The cave to the moonstone was close and Batsong slowly led the apprentice through the dark tunnel till they got to the moonstone the moon light shining in from the window hole illumintated the stone in a beautiful display.

Batsong gestured the apprentice over to it. "alright, rest now, touch your nose to the stone and dream. I will be here keeping watch till you wake up again" she explained

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 25 Jun 2023 - 13:02

Nectarpaw

Nectarpaw hummed softly. She could empathize with Batsong's reasoning. Though she still didnt feel like she had the whole picture, Batsong's explanation did help her piece things together.

She didn't think she would have made the same decisions if she had been in the black she-cat's place, but it wasnt up to her to judge her actions. Then again, it must feel a lot more pressing in the moment.

Batsong truly did seem regretful for what had come of her actions, so Nectarpaw couldn't really fault her. The medicine cat had enough cats against her as is, she didn't need another. "Thank you for telling me." She glanced at the older she-cat, thoughtful.

"I know I'm just an apprentice, but I'll have your back from now on. I dont like how some of our clanmates have been treating you...you couldn't have know Shadowclan would take things so far. It's not your fault."

They lapsed into a somewhat comfortable silence and as they approached mothermouth, Nectarpaw felt her pelt begin to bristle. She pushed her fears aside though and followed Batsong in silence.

After several long moments of pitch darkness and only the echo of their pawsteps to accompany them, they came into an open cavern with a shining stone in the center of it. The glow alone was beautiful, but the way the moonlight hit it was so ethereal.

She nodded calmly and settled down beside the moonstone, taking in all of its otherworldly splendor. Once she was sure the image of it was engrained into her mind, she gently tapped her nose to the moonstone and just like that, the cave around her melted away, replaced by the serene moorland of Windclans territory.

Nectarpaw got to her paws and looked around, awe written on her face as plain as day. If it weren't for the stars and the blue hue to everything, she would've mistaken if for the moor of her home.

She padded along for a few minutes until she eventually created a hill. Down the hill, in the valley, were endless rows of starry flowers, almost exactly like those back in the flower fields.

No one was here though...

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2603

PostSubject: Re: Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 26 Jun 2023 - 22:13

f2u-decor-gogoriki-background-by-mairu-doggy-dbj2ej2Adderdawn

Shortly after Nectarpaw paused to survey the sea of wildflowers, another form appeared atop the hill, just a few fox-lengths away from her. His approach was silent, and even when he came into view, the tom said nothing. His dark pelt was brightened by countless tiny stars, golden eyes made to burn from the pinpricks of light within them. He hadn’t known Nectarpaw, beyond quiet patrols together or pleasantries. He doubted she had any particular regard for him, either, beyond being a senior warrior. They were both too young for their first proper conversation to be here.

“The stars make everything too bright. I prefer the fields down there, on the real moors.” Adderdawn’s ear flicked once. He kept his gaze on the meadow below, watching the blooms sway ever so slightly in the weak breeze. The dying wind carried his voice away, leaving him to stand in silence for several long moments. Eventually, “You’re kind to Batsong. I wouldn’t have been.” He’d been watching their approach to be ready for her arrival. His ear flicked again, eyes narrowing sharply. “But oh well.”

Adderdawn finally lifted his head to turn toward Nectarpaw. He studied her, quiet and considering, before speaking again. “I don’t know what I’m supposed to tell you. I don’t know what you expect to hear. You tell me what wisdom you think I’ve gained after being dead a half-moon. Hopefully I’ll have something acceptable to say.”

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 27 Jun 2023 - 8:20

Nectarpaw

Nectarpaw stiffened as the form of a cat came into her view. She turned a little and watched as he approached, his starry pelt slowly coming into focus. Adderdawm...one of the cats Shadowclan had murdered.

He looked good, healthy even - much better than he had in his death.

Though they had never spent time together outside of patrols or the occasional greeting as they passed each other in the camp. Now, she regretted not taking the time to get to know some of her older clanmates.

Looking at Adderdawn now, with starlight brightening his fur and his body healed from the trials of life, she could see that death wasn't as bad at some cats made it out to be. Things seemed peaceful here. Though, leaving everything you've known behind must be hard. Nectarpaw looked over at Adderdawn, wondering if he missed anyone.

She nodded gently as he spoke, gazing out at the fields. He was right about that...it was almost too bright up here in the stars. She shrugged when he began speaking again, turning her pale green gaze to him.

"Everyone deserves some kindness and forgiveness, I think. I don't agree with what she did, but I won't condemn her for it either. Especially since she feels remorseful already." Despite Adderdawn's seniority, she wouldn't allow her opinions to be swayed by him, even if he was right.

She frowned though, at his next statement. Wasn't Starclan supposed to know everything? How was she supposed to know what wisdom she needed? Her tail lashed once and she looked away, toward the ocean of flowers before them.

"You would know better than anyone, what should we do?" Nectarpaw fixed her attention back on Adderdawn, her heart heavy.

"About Shadowclan, I mean."

She sighed softly before continuing. "I want to hope that there is a chance for a peaceful resolution, but with everything they've done...I just don't know."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Nectarpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1