Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T1 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6796

Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 12 Jun 2023 - 12:14

Perchstar felt once again the somewhat familiar swell of pride within her heart as she leapt onto the Willow Branch. Moons passed, the seasons turned, and greenleaf was approaching. A season of plenty. A season of promise. And just as the leaves grew on the trees, so too did her kits grow. One of them had worked hard to achieve this honor before her siblings did. And while Perchstar loved all her kits equally, she could not deny that she was proud of Mistpaw for putting in so much effort. Even with the warm feelings, though, came the same droplet of uncertainty. Perhaps... perhaps, now that they were old enough, now that one of them was strong enough to earn the name of a warrior, perhaps it was time. Though she had resolved to answer when they asked it of her, her kits may have been too polite to inquire. She told herself silently that perhaps after Mistpaw's vigil... she would tell her kits of their origin. She did not wish for any of them to feel caught off guard. But in the meantime, it was time for a ceremony--and time for celebration. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own fish gather for a Clan meeting."

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Tier 1 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowgrove ♀ | Mountainpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Windclan | Shadowclan | Thunderclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4977

PostSubject: Re: Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 12 Jun 2023 - 12:22

mistpaw
“Are you listening?”

She had fought, she had momentarily fallen, but she had overcome. Now, she conquered.

Thoughts still swirled within her young mind that had been left there after her moonstone, her encounter with the onyx tom at the edge of the territory, and her spar with Larkpaw. Memories of encounters, of words left unsaid, of questions unasked. But those thoughts were laid to rest as she had groomed her pelt, her feathery pelt that had finally gained a bit of that Riverclan sheen. Mistpaw had to make her mother proud, had to make her siblings proud. She'd felt like she was behind for so long. Always chasing after her sister Willowpaw, who was no short of perfection, or Wrenpaw, whose empathy could almost be nauseating at times. Even Tinypaw, who had seemed to always be able to grow past the secret expectations of his name.

She was in the background, she felt. A mist that was simply walked through. But not this time. No, she had pushed ahead. Worked hard to overcome the cough that had left her ill and matted. Fought to push herself to be better. It seemed it was time that effort was rewarded in turn, and Mistpaw took her place within the crowd. It didn't stop the anxiety that was quick to gnaw at her chest. Had she truly deserved to get her name before her siblings? Did she really work hard enough to deserve it before Willow? Wren? Tiny?

All the apprentice could do was sit up a little bit straighter, as if that act alone would silence the beating of her heart. It didn't, but it at least helped make her look stronger.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverSnowvixenHollowgroveMountainpaw
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T1 Warrior.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 12 Jun 2023 - 12:41

Perchstar watched her daughter make her way into the center of camp. Dappled white and silver fur shone like a cloud, one of the reasons for her name made apparent as the sunlight made it glow. The other reason... Mallowmist, long deceased, but whose memory lived on in one of the leader's gifted lives as well as the name of one of her daughters. Hopefully Mistpaw's tentative namesake would be just as proud as Perchstar, who met Mistpaw's gaze with a slow blink of approval. "RiverClan, we have gathered today for an apprentice to advance to the path of a warrior. Mistpaw, please step forward." Once her daughter had done so, coming closer to the Willow Branch, the leader continued. "I, Perchstar, leader of RiverClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I recommend her to you as a warrior in her turn. Mistpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" The question had weight as it entered the air, seeming to fall down upon the young she-cat below. It was heavy--but not too heavy to bear. That weight could be borne with pride, worn like an adornment of worth, or it could crush the unsuspecting. Mistpaw had worked hard to get where she was, but she had always seemed a little bit lost in the pressures of life. Would this one be too much to expect from her?

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 12 Jun 2023 - 13:11

mistpaw
“Are you listening?”

No, it would not. The apprentice found herself walking forward on surprisingly sure paws as her mother called her forth, and the molly listened with intent. She had known from other ceremonies what to say, it was simply a matter of repeating them back. But it wasn't just a matter of reciting. She had to embody those words, too. Taking a deep breath, Mistpaw allowed a single moment of silence between herself and her mother before speaking. "I do." There was nothing else that she wanted at that moment. Even if the anxiety pricked uncomfortably at her paws, tingling at the very edges where her claws could meet the earth beneath them. She kept them sheathed, she sat with pride. Her head tall, looking directly at her mother. Almost a mirror image, save the fluffed pelt and lack of many scars.

We fight our battles, and I will win mine. For Riverclan.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 12 Jun 2023 - 14:15

Perchstar gave an accepting nod at the resolve with which Mistpaw spoke. The feeling of pride grew. Her daughter had worked hard, despite the early setback of greencough, despite the pressure that likely rode on her shoulders as the kit of a leader, and despite the tensions rising ever higher in the forest. Mistpaw had done it. "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name." She had thought long and hard about what to say during this moment, for each of her kits. "Mistpaw, from this day on, you will be known as Mistwalker." For the paws that kept striding forward. For the determination that never stopped driving her onward. For the way that she came into the world, striding between the line of Clan and outsider. "StarClan honors your unique perspective and your perseverance, and we welcome you as a fully fledged warrior of RiverClan."

The final part of the ceremony required Perchstar to leap down from the Willow Branch, her form graceful and willowy, and rest her muzzle upon the top of her daughter's head. This moment of physical contact with her Clanmates used to make her uncomfortable. Recently she had become used to it. But now, with her own kit, it felt right. Though she rarely ever initiated physical contact with them since they became apprentices, once Perchstar had finished the ceremonial gesture, she briefly drew Mistwalker close, curling her tail softly around her form. The movement was unfamiliar and clumsy, but it was real. "Congratulations, my daughter." Her words were just as awkward, feeling thick in her mouth. But they were real. These emotions, the love and pride she felt--they were real. And she believed them with everything she had. A moment or so later, Perchstar stepped away, allowing the rest of Mistwalker's family and friends to come and congratulate her.

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 12 Jun 2023 - 14:21

Mistwalker
“Do you walk the line, too?”

Mistwalker.

Mistwalker.

It was a new name, fit for the new steps she was to take. She wasn't entirely sure what to do as her mother spoke the words, feeling warmth burning in her chest just as fiercely as she felt the tingling at the tip of her paws. With a smile that flicked the corners of her maw into a vibrant smile, the molly looked down at her paws. It was bashfulness. She felt improper in spilling such pride forth, to truly embrace her new name with an outward expressing, so she held in close instead. Tucked her head in for just a moment in reverence, to give thanks to the stars that had blessed her name, for her mother who had been the one to give it to her by tongue.

That reverence was pulled away by the prrt~? of surprise as her mother's nose pressed atop her feathery fluff. Blue eyes met a familiar hue of blue all on their own, blinking their gratitude. Then came the way her mother's tail moved around her. It was warm. Comforting. A movement that had Mistwalker instinctively pressing into her mother's side, her cheek brushing against Perchstar's own. "Thank you, ma." It was warmth that shone through her tone, perhaps borrowed from Poppyshine. Her mentor. She savored the moment before letting her mother and leader part ways, and immediately, she looked for her siblings in the crowd.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Mistpaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 1