Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

gather, girlboss generals [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4940

gather, girlboss generals [closed] Empty
PostSubject: gather, girlboss generals [closed]   gather, girlboss generals [closed] EmptyMon Jun 12, 2023 11:02 am

Mottlestar
“May the stars light our paths.”

Newleaf wasn't typically a time of year that bothered Mottlestar much. Water did little to assuage the molly from going out on her territory and patrolling, warmth and cold failed to bite at her in the same way that it did some of her longer-pelted clanmates, and the wind only ever brought her to occasionally flick an ear. Listen to how it rustled the forest around her, smell how it carried the pollen of plants about on its breeze. If anything, newleaf was perhaps one of her favorites. It was the signal of a new dawn, a new time in their lives that brought back the prey, saw kits born and made apprentices, apprentices grow into warriors. But this time? This time, Mottlestar couldn't help but look at it all with a tainted sense of scorn. A flicker of jealousy as she looked at every new blossom, a sigh of irritation as she couldn't seem to get the warmth out of her pelt.

She was the leader. It felt much more like she was in the middle of war every single day anymore. As if leafbare never truly left, it just brought biting heat instead of a biting chill. Perhaps that was why her steps were heavier as she walked- no, marched -her way to Fourtrees. The only ounce of luck that the tortoiseshell had was that it wasn't a death march that she took. It was a march that would bring her to collaborate, to assemble allies, to find a council where she could strengthen her Clan and provide support to others.

Terms of negotiation floated upon her tongue. What she could potentially exchange with each Clan, for their benefit, and for her own. It was easy enough to come up with something to trade with Riverclan: Sunningrocks. Those rocks that had been the sight of bloodshed and battle for many, many moons. What better symbol of peace than to attempt to make them neutral ground? It would be a potentially losing battle on Thunderclan's end, given that they didn't have claim to the rocks, but it at least also meant that she didn't have anything to really lose in that game. Skyclan was a different story, but in truth, she simply wanted to be on good terms. Far as she knew, Skyclan was large and plentiful. Simply having the protection of the other forest-dwelling Clan would be plenty enough in her mind.

But as the tortoiseshell was first to arrive, Mottlestar found herself almost feeling... lost on where to go. Would she assemble on the Great Rock? There was truly no need for that. They all held equal power at this gathering, there was no need to show power. So, the tortoiseshell found herself in a comfortable patch of the clearing, sitting comfortably. Being in the clearing where no other Clans were gathered, it had an eerie feeling to it. One that had doubt quick to nip at the edge of Mottlestar's heels as she pondered just what she was doing.

She was doing this for the good of Thunderclan. It would help them... right?

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: gather, girlboss generals [closed]   gather, girlboss generals [closed] EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 9:32 pm

Perchstar felt like things were simultaneously improving and deteriorating at alarming rates. On the one paw, RiverClan was beginning to flourish. Their many kits were becoming apprentices, and those apprentices were becoming warriors--including one of her own daughters. Prey was plentiful, and predators were few and far between. Twolegs had not been spotted nearby in quite some time. There were very few tensions between her Clanmates. However, outside of camp was where things got tricky. WindClan and ShadowClan were practically at each others' throats. War between those two was inevitable, and it would be a bloody mess when it did happen. Perchstar was worried that some of the blood might manage to trickle into her own territory. The forest's peace had certainly been shattered, perhaps for good. SkyClan seemed to be doing all right, and ThunderClan was doing a good job of at least putting on a facade of wellness--though the inner tensions must have been high after the revelation at the Gathering, if the raised voices had been anything to judge by. And then, of course... there was Drizzlepaw's injury. Just thinking about the recent event made Perchstar's skin prickle with uncomfortably angry heat. The plans were underway to retaliate, but... of course, that would open the door for further bloodshed. Though RiverClan was doing well off inside their own territory, taking a single pawstep out of those borders left them uncertain in the tide of hostility.

This proposed alliance would certainly take a large weight off of Perchstar's shoulders. She had already had talks with Mottlestar previously, but those had been interrupted by the awful state that the Twolegs' invasion had left both of their Clans in. Solidifying it for real would make her far less anxious about at least one of her borders, and about any potential retaliation from WindClan. Also including SkyClan was not something that she was averse to, despite the events of Cloverheart's murder still feeling relatively fresh in her memory. Birdstar had little do to with that, and had never displayed any sympathy for the murderers, that she had seen. And besides, with Beechfang and Bloodstrike exiled for good, she doubted that any more dangerous individuals were being harbored in their end of the forest. Birdstar herself seemed like a good cat, and Perchstar found herself feeling oddly at ease when conversing with the other leader. Their bonds had grown into some strange, unofficial, unspoken friendship--but the proposition of an alliance simply felt like the logical next step. It would certainly help the border of the river feel less anxiety-inducing... or at least she hoped so. Still, Perchstar felt uncharacteristically optimistic as she made her way to Fourtrees.

It felt odd to come here without leading her whole Clan. Her footsteps seemed strangely quiet falling on the mossy ground as she approached, ears swiveling to catch any sound in the deafening silence. It was also darker than usual, given that tonight was the new moon as opposed to the full one. The only light shining down was that of the stars, which seemed pale and lackluster. Or perhaps that was just her imagination, after the recent misgivings she'd had toward StarClan. Either way, the extremely dim lighting made it difficult for her to see, and the lack of companions with her made each shadow in the corner of her vision seem far more threatening. She couldn't deny that being here at such an odd time made a shiver of unease travel down her spine. After all of the awful things that had happened at Fourtrees, after all, she did not quite view it as a place of safety or peace, as much as it should have been. However, most of the uncertainty seeping into her bones dissipated at the distant sight of a familiar tortoiseshell sitting near the center. It was almost unnatural not to see her at the deputy's spot, or on the Great Rock, but Perchstar was not opposed to the idea that they would be meeting on such equal, almost friendly terms. It felt right.

The RiverClan leader approached, waving her tail slightly in a manner of greeting. "Mottlestar. I hope the night finds you well?" Perchstar settled down nearby--not pressing up as close as she had been on the Great Rock in Shrikestar and Nightstar's presence, given that there was no threat, but still close enough to easily hear the tortoiseshell's voice. It was... nice to sit here. Simultaneously, it was nice and it was bizarre to sit on the softer needle-carpeted ground of the clearing, rather than standing on cold stone. How long had it been since she'd entered Fourtrees this way? Far too long... and yet not long enough. She was still a leader. She couldn't forget the responsibility that trailed behind her, settling on her like a shadow--invisible in the night's darkness, but still very much present, if intangible. This was for the good of her Clan, not for her, as much as she might find herself feeling positively towards both Mottlestar and Birdstar. If any demands were too strict, or anything went wrong, then it was RiverClan she would be looking after--not her own feelings.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

PostSubject: Re: gather, girlboss generals [closed]   gather, girlboss generals [closed] EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 7:15 pm

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

Birdstar’s mind was unsurprisingly unquiet as she made her way through the darkened wood towards Fourtrees. Her thoughts lingered around Beechfang, as they had so often this recent moon. So far, RiverClan had done well at minding their borders. Birdstar didn’t expect this to suddenly change, nor did she expect Beechfang to spend any considerable time there. There was the concern of someone else in SkyClan spreading the news, but…

The large molly just shook her head. That would be a conversation to navigate when it came. The line of thought was quietly nudged down before it could continue.

There was one other concern that periodically poked through, though this one involved ThunderClan. Birdstar’s ear flicked. The long-buried question of her father’s death was yet to be answered. Birdstar took a deep breath, holding it a few moments before letting the air gradually release. That conversation would come soon.

Staying mindful of the bracken-tangled path, Birdstar picked up the pace slightly. Before long, she reached the ridge dipping into the hollow. Seeing it empty was an unfamiliar sight; eerie, if not for the two cats already waiting. They sat on the ground near the heart of the clearing; casual, but not entirely informal. Birdstar felt some of the tension unwind from her shoulders at the sight of them. Without waiting, she descended the slope and padded over to join them.

“Hello,” she said, nodding to each of them as she approached. “It’s good to see you both. I hope you’ve both been well since the Gathering.” Birdstar settled close close, wrapping her tail over her paws. Turning her attention more directly to Mottlestar, “I’m happy to listen to what you have to say. This was your idea, after all.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: gather, girlboss generals [closed]   gather, girlboss generals [closed] EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 7:54 pm

Mottlestar

On the nighttime breeze, the Thunderclan leader caught the river-borne scent before she saw the familiar two-toned pelt. She released a breath that she had been holding at the sight of the other powerful molly, a friendly lift of her head tilting towards Perchstar as she entered into the clearing. Part of her had truthfully expected the leader to come with another clanmate. Even if this was to be a diplomatic meeting, she wouldn't have blamed the other molly if she had brought some semblance of protection. Even the tortoiseshell herself had momentarily contemplated it, but wanted to arrive on good terms. With all that had gone on in the forest, it was usually better to err on the side of caution. Perhaps it was ill-fated of Mottlestar, but she decided to take it as a good omen.

"Tonight, yes. I hope it is the same for you?" Formality seemed to ebb in her tone, but for once, Mottlestar tried to dismiss it. She didn't want this to be a stiff meeting, held like the gathering. It was almost instinct to behave in such a way in the clearing. The two cats she was to be gathering with would not be held in a space she was forced to be amicable with. No, that kindness was to be genuine. Something that they all put effort into keeping as truth. Just as her head had tilted in curiosity, her gaze caught the large form of the Skyclan leader entering into the space, and the small feline found herself offering the same exact greeting toward Birdstar.

She couldn't keep herself from almost barking out a laugh at the idea of having been well. Oh, so much had happened. Just how much of it she wanted to reveal to the other two, she wasn't yet sure. They'd be bargaining chips, as she had to be careful. Reveal too much of her inner clan's issues, it'd likely damage their alliance. She didn't want to be the weak link of the trio, especially as she had been the one to propose it. On the other paw, it had mostly seemed to resolve itself. "It's been... eventful." Mottlestar eventually managed to answer.

Then came the prompt to begin true discussion. As leaders, there was no doubt that their time was precious. Extremely precious. It would be ill of her to presume they had the entire evening to burn, especially on a night that patrols were never organized around. For the gathering, she knew Thunderclan usually shifted its patrol schedule to reflect the fact that a majority of the clan would be operating on minimal sleep. On a night such as this, there was no need to account for just the leader taking time to travel away and hopefully provide some benefit to her Clan.

"Right. As I am sure we all here have become familiar with, the forest has seemed keen on providing all of our Clans no shortage of challenges. I come here firstly to offer my gratitude to the both of you for aiding me during the gathering two moons ago, in which Windclan showed their lack of care towards tradition. It meant a lot to myself and Thunderclan to be shown that kindness during such a chaotic event." She felt it proper to only extend her thanks, if even to simply make her slightly more amicable towards the other leaders. Mottlestar felt it wasn't necessary, but as a friend, she wanted to say thanks. "That support showed even during this past gathering in the way we stood. I feel our Clans have already sensed it, as have I. The main reason I have asked you all to join is for a proposition of an alliance, shared equally between our three Clans. To Riverclan and Skyclan both, as Thunderclan's leader, I offer our support. Should you ever need an ally in battle, my warriors will come to fight by your sides. I will come to fight by your sides. Fawnshine and Echopaw I'm sure would be willing to share herbs with your medicine cats if they are needed. For borders, while they would still be enforced, my Clan would allow a warning system if they are breeched before any consequences would occur."

"With Riverclan, I know our clans have had a history of being on less-than-well terms. Our predecessors only proved that rivalry to be long standing. However, Perchstar, I recognize and wish to honor the favor you have shown towards my late mate Minnowfin and myself. I feel that there is an opportunity to allow history to be rewritten in our favor, especially as our clans share a rather significant border with one another." Her appeal to Riverclan came first, especially as sunningrocks came to mind. Not to mention, the way Jaystar and Stoatstar had seem to be two toms that could never agree. A memory of the first gathering she had ever approached Perchstar floated through her memory, one where it seemed the theme of gatherings never knowing peace had continued, even that far into the past. "Birdstar, I know it can go unsaid on how Thunderclan and Skyclan share similarities. Clans that both come from the trees, but of different parts. The days of Dawnhawk are long gone, and I recognize the new era that Skyclan has entered. One of peace and kindness." She had turned towards the much larger molly, who practically dwarfed her in size. But within that giant appearance, she recognized the gentleness that was behind it all. Another warrior who was just working, day in and day out, to serve her Clan. To live up to the title that the three cats in the clearing shared.

She rambled through the diplomatic side of it all: What Thunderclan would have to give. "Foremost... I come seeking an alliance because I know our history has proven the three of us to already act as allies towards one another. I would love to see that become official. While it isn't against the warrior code for cats to have friends from other Clans, as I recognize both of you to be for me, as leaders, we have a unique ability to make that friendship into something beneficial for our Clans. I would be honored, and forever thankful, if you both would be willing to entertain this idea and make a positive ripple in the forest's history." Finally, she concluded her side. Her heart. Why she felt so inclined as to seek this alliance in the first place. Mottlestar wanted to enjoy the friendship she had come to share between the two mollies that were now gathering with her, but also knew that duty pulled them. So it only made sense to recognize how that duty could make their friendship worth something.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: gather, girlboss generals [closed]   gather, girlboss generals [closed] EmptyMon Jun 19, 2023 10:58 pm

Perchstar didn't miss the implications in Mottlestar's answer, but she chose not to comment on them. She couldn't expect that ThunderClan would be easy right now--and the position of leader was always hard work, even when one's Clanmates weren't crumbling beside them. She was surprised that the tortoiseshell was doing as well as she was at all. So instead she simply nodded, though understanding gleamed in the ice-blue of her eyes. "Similarly so. I hope that soon, you can say the same about more nights." It wasn't much longer until their other planned companion arrived. Larger than both of them, covered in soft tabby fur, Birdstar emerged from the shadows. It seemed that she was doing well, also. Or--as well as they could be doing. This would take some weight from all of their shoulders, it appeared. "I'm well," she responded simply. As the SkyClan leader turned to Mottlestar, she did the same. The ThunderClan leader had been the organizer of this small gathering, after all.

Soon, Mottlestar began to talk--and talk, she certainly did. She began by sharing her gratitude, which Perchstar responded to with only a dip of her head. I simply did what I believed to be right. The offer of support was a welcome one. Like Mottlestar said, they had unofficially felt positively towards each other for the past few moons. Ever since Minnowfin was in charge... things had been better than neutral. Which was surprising given their Clan's history. The mention of the first tom in leadership who'd shown her any small kindness made her heart pang slightly--as well as the word "late." All she had known was that he was no longer leader. Hearing her suspicions confirmed that he had passed was... unfortunate. She allowed herself a brief moment of grief, eyes closed, before opening them to resume focus on the conversation. The here and now. This was important for RiverClan.

Once Mottlestar had finished, there was a moment of silence in the clearing. Then Perchstar spoke. "I am in favor of such an alliance," she said directly. "Though our Clans are strong on their own, having each others' backs will lead us all to be able to grow and lead more efficiently. Especially with the tensions in the forest at an all-time high." An alliance. An alliance with ThunderClan and SkyClan--two Clans that had historically disliked her own. It felt like perhaps, for once, the stars might have been in her favor after all. "I echo your offer, Mottlestar. In such an alliance, RiverClan's assistance in matters of battle and medicine would be yours to request. Though some of our resources may be few, we are willing to share all that is necessary in interest of maintaining our bonds. While of course I cannot speak for the individual wills in all of my Clan, I promise that in the event of any trespassing, it will not be sanctioned by me--and that I will discuss with either of you the proper punishment necessary for such an offense. As long as borders remain clearly defined, I do not believe we will have any issues. And though hopefully WindClan and ShadowClan's battle remains between themselves, RiverClan stands ready to help either of you in a time of need. Our warriors will come to your aid, and stand in your defense."

After addressing both with broad matters, Perchstar turned first to the tortoiseshell--the one she had befriended first. The one that she felt most comfortable with, if she allowed herself to think of her own opinions for a moment. There was something about Mottlestar that always put her at ease. Perhaps it was because of Minnowfin... perhaps it was because of Poppyshine. "Stoatstar and I did not get along, but while Minnowfin's time as leader was brief, it led me to gain respect for your Clan. I have only been impressed with your leadership thus far. Sunningrocks has not been a point of contention for some time, and I appreciate that greatly. It has been far easier to focus on strengthening my Clan when I do not have to worry about keeping that part of the territory safe." And speaking of Sunningrocks... her last conversation with Mottlestar, the one unfinished due to the Twolegs' presence, came to her mind. "Regarding the territory of Sunningrocks, the one over which so much blood has formerly been shed, I do not wish to relinquish it. It is a very necessary source of prey for my Clan. However... in the interests of extending my trust to one that I plan to ally with, I would... accept the idea of something a little bit less strict. Perhaps ThunderClan could be allowed to share it. It could be a sign of our newfound alliance. I would prefer if your warriors did not hunt there, and especially if they did not fish. But Sunningrocks is also a place for leisure in my Clan. We might allow our Clanmates to share tongues there, and learn more about each other. It may ease any potential tensions that might begin to grow." Such an offer was bold. She had considered whether or not she ought to make it. However, this would not be a real alliance if she did not offer some sort of compromise. Besides... as ill-advised as it may have been, she trusted Mottlestar. She wanted to trust Mottlestar. This would be a good way to gauge if the alliance could truly work. If anything went astray... it could always be walked back. "Of course, in exchange, I would ask for your assistance in one small manner. Our medicine cat, Sandyshell, is overwhelmed at the moment. She will be training an apprentice soon, but I worry that the burden may become too much. If it is all right with you, could you send Fawnshine over to offer her some assistance in this matter? Perhaps they could take turns training the new medicine cat apprentice, or she could ease the load of my injured warriors."

While awaiting an answer, she would let Mottlestar consider. In the meantime, Perchstar turned to look at Birdstar. The silver tabby pelt was reminiscent of another SkyClan cat... or, well, former SkyClan cat. One she had run into recently, in fact. But there was no need for Birdstar to know that. With any luck, Beechfang would stay far away from Clan territory for the rest of time. "I know that relations with SkyClan in the past have been... tense," she began. "There was a time we very nearly went to war. However, I believe that such will no longer be necessary with you in charge. The offending parties have since been removed, and though Cloverheart will never come back to life, I trust that such recklessness will no longer be tolerated under your rule. Despite everything, I have nothing against your Clan. And I find myself feeling... positively... towards you. So, if you would be willing, I would like for us to put those events behind us and focus on moving forward. As long as no specters of the past resurface, our future ought to remain bright." Hopefully what she was saying made sense. She had tried to rehearse in her mind on the way here, but there were too many moving pieces to adequately follow. "I have no real squabble with the division of our territories. They hardly intersect, and the river remains RiverClan's, since SkyClan has no desire to fish. However, the same friendship I offered earlier, I extend to you and your Clan. If you should ever have need of our claws, or our herbs, or--in extreme circumstances--a warm nest in which to sleep, then they will be yours."

Now that the terms had been offered, it was up to Mottlestar and Birdstar to decide what to accept, reject, or propose on their own. But Perchstar was not finished. To create a foundation of honesty, she needed to be honest. "Since we will be allies, I would like to let you know the current state of RiverClan's affairs. Such things will be shared commonly when everything is official--but in a gesture of trust, I tell you now." A chilly breeze ruffled her fur for a moment as she stared into the darkness of the moonless night, in the direction towards which WindClan normally entered Fourtrees. "Though we all harbor no love for WindClan, I did not have any intent to battle them unless necessary. However, necessary it has become. One of WindClan's apprentices crossed our border, and violently attacked one of RiverClan's apprentices." At the reminder of the trespass, Perchstar allowed her tail to lash once behind her. Such a display was mild compared to the roiling anger it made her feel that such a thing had been allowed to happen under her watch once again. "Very soon, RiverClan plans to repay that action by reclaiming the territory of the Gorge. I do not trust Shrikestar to deliver an adequate punishment, and I do not barter with those who have proven themselves to be unwise. I do not believe that this battle need go any further beyond the border once we move the markers to their proper place. However... on the off chance that WindClan decides to retaliate, or futher action becomes necessary, I would like you to be aware. If such actions make you less likely to consider an alliance with me, then I understand." She could have kept it hidden. It probably wouldn't amount to anything. But even the slightest chance that a full-on war with WindClan might be looming inevitably, she wanted Birdstar and Mottlestar to know that their promised offerings might be required sooner than they may have expected.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

PostSubject: Re: gather, girlboss generals [closed]   gather, girlboss generals [closed] EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 12:28 am

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

Mottlestar’s response earned a brief twitch of her whiskers. Eventful was rarely good… but Birdstar only nodded quietly. It was not her place to pry, even if there was a flutter of curiosity in the back of her mind. The little tortoiseshell was going on, anyway, following the offer to begin their meeting. The thanks given for their protection during Batsong’s tirade made Birdstar shift slightly. It felt strange, to be thanked for that, but she quieted her protests. The gestures of support— both from Mottlestar and, several moments later, Perchstar —earned their own small nods of acceptance.

While Mottlestar had little to say or offer to her directly, it wasn’t long before RiverClan’s leader turned blue eyes onto her. Birdstar blinked slowly in acknowledgment of the bitter memories. Her nose almost wrinkled at the idea of specters of the past, but she maintained neutrality to nod again. This alliance would come to benefit SkyClan. She did not need to think about a war that had not and would not come. A war she prayed would not come.

As Perchstar finished, the larger she-cat shook her fur out slightly and sat up straighter. “I wish RiverClan well in your battle for the Gorge. If our aid is needed, SkyClan's aid you will have.” Her tail waved slowly and Birdstar shifted to look between both, rather than focusing on the gray-and-white leader. “That being said, I agree to this alliance as well. As you have both offered, SkyClan’s claws and herbs will be yours as they are needed. We have many warriors, and all either of you must do to receive our aid is ask. And to echo you both again, SkyClan’s borders will remain firm. Trespass will be greeted with civility sooner than teeth, but I hope there will be no great trespass to speak of.

“No hostility finds our territory, thankfully. We are too far for WindClan to bother, I imagine, and ShadowClan does not impose upon us. Life within SkyClan’s walls has been peaceful since new-leaf turned.”
They’d been thrown isolated tumults, but SkyClan thrived. Such tumults were not important to this meeting, anyway. “I have little to offer as for our state of affairs. The forest is healthy; we are doing well. I suppose that means we are not entangled in anything else, should our presence be requested.” An ear flicked towards Perchstar in further acknowledgment of their contention with WindClan. And with regard turned to her anyway, Birdstar again fixed her eyes on RiverClan’s leader.

“I’m grateful, that you’re willing to settle the tensions between our Clans. I cannot say my opinion on the matter was, or is, unbiased. I understand the weight of a life now, though, and wherever my bias lay, I am sympathetic to RiverClan’s loss.” The odd thought to tell Perchstar that Cloverheart had bestowed one of her lives sprang to mind, like it may smooth the subject. Shaking her head, “I would say I feel positively towards you, as well. The RiverClan cats I know are kind, and I consider you a friend. I am happy to bury grievances and stand on even, amicable ground with you and your Clan. The river will be peaceful ground again.”

A breath released, though it did not take all the weight from Birdstar’s shoulders. She’d said as much to Perchstar as she needed; now, it was Mottlestar’s turn. Green eyes moved to settle on the tortoiseshell, and Birdstar looked down at her in quiet for a few moments, contemplating. “I appreciate your kind words. I am glad to know SkyClan’s shedding of our bloody history is not my imagination.” There was light jest in her words, but the respectful bow of her bed was fixed and serious. “Of course I am happy to be your ally as well. I do have one thing to ask of you, though.” Birdstar’s eyes slowly closed. A few moments of unburied grief; of thought; of soothing.

Her eyes flicked briefly to Perchstar before refocusing. “Not long after I was appointed as SkyClan’s deputy, my father was murdered near the border with Twolegplace.” Her nostrils flared as she pulled in a stubbornly deep breath. “Your former medicine cat, Dovefrost. There had been ThunderClan scent on his pelt when he was found, but… nothing else. No leads. I could not act without allowance from Briarstar- Briarthorn. Before we could pursue it… the forest has an interesting way of turning our lives around doesn’t it?” Birdstar gave a rueful huff as an excuse for a laugh.

“I would like to know if ThunderClan has any knowledge of his death or the circumstances surrounding. I make this request publicly, but as its your Clan’s information I ask for, I will not demand a broach of your privacy and insist you answer tonight. If it is something you wish to discuss privately, so be it. But, while I will agree to this alliance as it stands, I would feel more secure in our partnership once we’ve had a chance to discuss anything you may know about my father’s death.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: gather, girlboss generals [closed]   gather, girlboss generals [closed] EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 9:41 pm

Mottlestar

To her significant relief, the leaders of the other clans who had come to meet with her seemed inclined on the alliance.

Mottlestar’s head inclined towards Perchstar as she followed upon her offers. It truly felt as if Thunderclan had little to barter with in the current age of the forest. The only territory they claimed which could have any semblance of being a barter-chip happened to be along the border between the two tree-dwelling Clans, and that had seen such a strong time of amnesty that the tortoiseshell didn’t want to risk it. Sunningrocks had belonged to Riverclan for quite literally as long as Mottlestar had been alive, once more treasuring the era of peace that had surprisingly washed over the lands. It didn’t mean that there hadn’t been times that the leader had wanted to rest upon the smooth stones, to enjoy the warmth that they had offered even during the harshest of leafbare. In fact, as a kit, she recalled stories that the stones were somehow Starclan-blessed, there to always provide warmth to the forest. To remind all Cats that even in the harshest of colds, there would be light, warmth, and love to come.

She almost loosed a laugh at the idea now that she was a leader.

But now, as Perchstar spoke… perhaps there had been some sort of truth to whisper when it came to those stones. Mottlestar visibly perked up, her entire body sitting just a bit taller with the surprise of the Riverclan leader’s offer. It was extremely generous, to put it mildly. ”Thunderclan would be honored to share that. I can ensure my warriors get the order not to hunt. I can nigh-on guarantee that we won’t know how to fish, and that the moment the stones end towards Riverclan’s territory, it would be considered trespassing.” The tortoiseshell dipped her head. Had it been a cat she was closer with, the jest about them growing particularly soft or needing a place to get some more company would have been quick on her tongue. But she tucked that thought away. Sure, Perchstar was perhaps the closest friend she had that wasn’t somehow her kin in one way or another. Even Fawnshine, her closest advisor, was in a strange way a half-daughter with how she had taken Comfreyheart and Thistlemask both under her wing in some sort of adopted kinship. Despite that, Mottlestar wanted to demonstrate nothing but respect for the Riverclan leader. All three mollies here had fought, lost, and sacrificed for their positions. Respect was the least that was due. ”I’m honored to take you up on that offer, personally. It’s… extremely generous of you, Perchstar. Perhaps I can see you at the rocks, then?” A smile graced the Thunderclan leader’s features as she slipped away for just a moment from all of the much more political manners of speech. Friend to friend, those words were conveyed.

Her head once more inclined as Perchstar continued on. With how small Riverclan had seemed to be in recent times, there was no doubt in the tortoiseshell’s head that it had put extra strain on the medicine cat. One would have thought that smaller numbers meant less injuries, but that was far from the truth. It stretched every cat within a Clan thin. “Given that neither of your medicine cats happen to have the name Batsong, I know Fawnshine and Echopaw would be willing to lend helping paws wherever both of you should need. Fawnshine can certainly help train whoever Starclan calls to walk the path alongside Sandyshell, and I’m sure Echopaw would enjoy having a new friend to learn with.” She extended the offer towards both Birdstar and Perchstar. However, it was the Riverclan leader who had first inquired about the assistance of her medicine cat. It’d be a good opportunity for both of her medicine cats to gain a tighter bond with Sandyshell, and whoever her future apprentice ended up being. That much, Mottlestar knew to be a certain truth.

”I forsee no battles in Thunderclan’s imminent future. For as much as Windclan has earned our wrath, I have no doubt that Shadowclan will be seeing to that manner. Perchstar, my warriors will gladly fight right alongside yours for that Gorge, and I wish nothing but Starclan’s blessings that it be turned to those that should possess it.” As much as she wished to sink her claws into Shrikestar’s pelt for allowing Batsong to make and break such strong promises… she knew when it would be time to retaliate. Now was not the time. Certainly, another Clan was there to do that for her. If they called for her aid? She would answer. Especially if Riverclan or Skyclan called for her aid. Mottlestar knew with no uncertain terms that her warriors would back up the Clans whose representatives now sat before her, too. After all, it was a shared sentiment between everyone in the clearing that night that Batsong had spoken out of turn. Even to simply be able to state their feelings on the manner would of no doubt be satisfaction towards all members involved.

There was little more to offer Birdstar’s way initially than a solid nod of affirmation and understanding. It seemed much of the negotiation when it came to this alliance for Skyclan’s part was with Riverclan, and the molly knew when it wasn’t her place to intervene. Memories trickled in when she had learned of Cloverheart’s murder, the tortoiseshell general’s whiskers twitching with recollection. Part of her almost found it ironic that it was those who were closest to the stars that fell from the swipe of the most vicious claws. If it had been her call as to who would find themselves harmed most often, she would have thought other warriors. Or leaders, if she were fully honest. But perhaps the fact that they had nine lives put the target off their backs… No, now that she thought about it, it made sense. Silencing the mouths of those who would be able to most easily speak out, to hear from the victims themselves? No wonder the medicine cats were targets, especially as they upheld a code of nothing more than peace. It made her heart ache, to truly consider the cruelty that walked among the forest at the worst of times.

“…I was going to wait until the gathering to announce this, purely to keep this meeting much more light-hearted… but I do actually have some news, Birdstar. Recent news, actually, that happened… just before this meeting.” Mottlestar had to take a breath, pausing to recover from the momentary shock that came from being asked. She didn’t blame the Skyclan leader, not in the slightest. After all, this was her father. Of all cats, Mottlestar had perhaps learned the hardest lesson in regards to what happened when keeping the truth of family away from others who deserved to know. “Dovefrost was a cat that I found myself particularly amicable towards. In fact, I was the one to wish him well when he left for Skyclan as Minnowfin was ill. Actually, it was… one of my first acts as Deputy.” She took a deep breath, as the loss clouded her gaze. For the first time during her meeting with the two other leaders who had seemed to bring her so much strength, she faltered. It wasn’t some act. It was a true sign of how she had regarded the late tom, the emotions showing in a genuine bid to Birdstar to show that she hadn’t attempted to harbor his murderer within her Clan. That it had eaten at her just as much as it no doubt had eaten at Skyclan, too. Nipped at them as if they were additional prey in the treason. “We found his killer, Birdstar. I do not say this lightly… he was discovered to be one of my own warriors. Starlingflare. I sincerely wish I would have known sooner, and it was a great surprise how my Clan even found out it was him. Starlingflare was the only warrior to walk Thunderclan longer than I have.” She didn’t like speaking highly of the tom, not anymore. If anything, she wished to spit on his name, fling dung all over it, and mash it into the ground to be nothing more than crow-food. He was a disgrace to the Clan, and it wasn’t lightly that Mottlestar wished that the one-eyed tom was now rotting in the pits of the Dark Forest. No- she wished he faded to the Mists, never to be heard or seen again in any capacity. “He was executed in camp for his crimes. If Dovefrost’s mate still walks this forest, please pass that message along to her. I still owe much to Dovefrost, including Fawnshine. She was his apprentice. Your father taught her well.” Mottlestar’s head dipped in reverence towards the former medicine cat, who she knew no doubt rested among the stars. “I… Again, I truly wish I would have known sooner. The Stars had been silent about who had killed Dovefrost for ages. It tore at Fawnshine and myself for moons. But… that is the carrion’s fate. He has been found, and I promise you, he has been punished.”

She couldn’t bring herself to mention that it had been her now-former deputy that had delivered that execution. That he had launched forward out of turn, almost harming her own daughter in that process. That Darkspirit no longer bore his title of deputy, but now found himself confined to camp to recover from whatever had shattered in his soul during that confrontation. Mottlestar couldn’t bring herself to mention, either, how it had been Burdockroot that got those prophecies. Not Fawnshine. That was information for Fawnshine to share among the medicine cats, or for Burdockroot to share, if they saw fit. No, she was there to see the judicial process of it all. Brewing in her emotions and frustrations would do her no good, as there was nothing else to do. Starlingflare’s corpse, as far as she knew, hadn’t even gotten a proper Thunderclan burial. If the venom in her voice when speaking that tom’s name hadn’t been any indicator… Well, perhaps Birdstar had missed her hint, then.

Her heart softened, though, as she offered a tentative press against Birdstar’s shoulder. ”I’m so sorry you had to lose your father that way, Birdstar. Truly, I wish Thunderclan could have found his killer sooner. Her words were spoken gently. While she would have typically enveloped her tone in that of the warmth of a mother, this was different. No, instead, they took on the warmth of a sister. That was what Birdstar would be to her in this alliance. An equal.

”…I do hope, though, that it does not harm our alliance? I fully understand if that… changes things. But otherwise… I feel confident in pledging Thunderclan's support to what we came to build tonight. The alliance between all three of our Clans.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gather, girlboss generals [closed]   gather, girlboss generals [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

gather, girlboss generals [closed]
Page 1 of 1