Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

For now we'll say goodbye (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

For now we'll say goodbye (c) Empty
PostSubject: For now we'll say goodbye (c)   For now we'll say goodbye (c) EmptyMon 29 May 2023 - 18:37

HoneylightFourtrees

Honeylight’s mind had been plagued with anxiety since the gathering. It seemed his clan could never find peace. That he and his family could never find peace. He understood why his clanmates were angry and upset, really, he did. A part of him was too. It was hard not to get swept up in the tidal wave of emotions his clanmates were experiencing, and he just… he just needed air. He needed to get away from camp, all the talk of war, all the angry comments about Windclan, all of it.

It was suffocating in camp, but it was calmer out here. Honeylight felt like he could breathe again. He hadn’t had much time to just go out with all that was going on, his focus split between trying to support his clanmates through this and prepare Silverpaw for the moons ahead. Poor Silverpaw. Honeylight knew all too well what it was like growing up in tumultuous times. His little brother had already been through so much…

Honeylight heaved a sigh, trying to calm himself down with the cool Newleaf air. The marsh had returned to its full beauty as the seasons changed, and Honeylight tried to appreciate it. Flowers weren’t as common in Shadowclan’s wet and pine-filled territory, but Honeylight knew where to find them. He found his paws leading him to the places he visited frequently the last time the forest was in bloom, when he was still an apprentice.

It was almost instinct that had him collecting the blooms, gently gripping the petals between large jaws. He didn't know the purpose right then, and he didn’t care. He just wanted to do something that felt good. It was as he collected the flowers that his mind inevitably turned to who he associated the soft blossoms with. Purple blooms and green clovers turned his mind to Flutterpetal. Yellow dandelions brought thoughts of Adderdawn to his mind.

It made him incredibly sad to think that his clan was all but officially their enemy. Flutterpetal especially was someone Honeylight considered himself very close with, even if they tended to only see each other every now and then and at gatherings. He hadn’t even gotten to see this gathering, since he hadn’t been in attendance, and his heart squeezed painfully when he considered the question, “What if that was my last chance?”

Maybe it was those musings that drew his wandering paws away from the territory and down the familiar path to Fourtrees. He’d never been to fourtrees outside of a gathering before, except during his rescue from the Twolegs, and it was odd to see it empty. He was so used to hearing the chatter of cats here, to feel the press of warm bodies and the air heavy with the smells of so many mingling clans.

Honeylight slowed to a stop in the clearing. It was neutral territory here, so no one could fault Honeylight for sitting down and taking a moment to breathe. Maybe it wasn’t very warrior-like, being so worried about the cats of other clans and dreading fighting, but Honeylight was always an odd warrior. He set down his bundle of flowers and almost mechanically began to weave the blossoms into a flower crown. His eyes drifted across the clearing to where Windclan usually entered, and his mind churned once more.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: For now we'll say goodbye (c)   For now we'll say goodbye (c) EmptyWed 31 May 2023 - 20:01

It was getting harder to breathe every day.

It should have been a time of warmth and relief. The long, cold leaf-bare was long gone. Greenleaf was on its way; a time of life, a time of plenty for every Clan. Abundant prey. Blooming flowers. But instead, all of WindClan hung under a heavy cloud of darkness. It was choking, smothering, almost smoky invisible anxiety and worry that wouldn't leave them alone. Because of their leadership, they were no longer safe. Because of ShadowClan's tempers, war could happen any moment. Because of the stars, the moors were a place of danger rather than freedom. Flutterpetal no longer knew who to blame. It would be so easy to blame Nightstar, as Batsong did. After all, he had violently mutilated their warriors and snarled threatenings without offering a single kindness in return for their alliance. It would also be easy to blame Batsong, whose vendetta ensured she could not keep her mouth shut, or even Shrikestar, whose lack of care about his Clanmates in the name of "righteousness" sealed the bitterness with which every other cat would now speak the name of WindClan. He could also blame the stars. Silverpelt had taken away nearly every cat dear to him, one by one, with cold, unfeeling paws. And now, due to a revelation that had nothing to do with the moor-dwelling Clan, they were in even worse danger than anything they had ever faced before during Flutterpetal's lifetime. If the stars truly cared about their wellbeing, wouldn't they have stopped the Gathering? Or told Batsong to stick her fangs together? Or said nothing, or revealed it to the proper Clan medicine cats, or literally anything else? But blaming did no good. No matter how much his Clanmates snarled at their leadership, how much they cursed the skies, how many angry insults they hurled over the border, nothing could save them from this trap. They were surrounded on all sides. There was nowhere to flee. Fight, or die.

His long-trusted getaway technique of patrolling borders alone was no longer advisable. No matter how much he might wish to see his friend again, if he ran into any other ShadowClan cat, Flutterpetal knew it was more likely than not that he might be the inciting incident that caused his Clanmates to be hurt. The righteous vengeance infusing each and every other ShadowClan warrior must have been the same as Batsong's, to be so thirsty for WindClan blood. But even though his single patrols were dangerous, he still found himself slipping away in the middle of the moors, trying to get a breath. Camp was suffocating, stifling. He couldn't stay under the dark cloud of apprehension and burdened, simmering resentment for a moment longer. He hated feeling upset, and every time he saw the face of his leader and medicine cat, something unpleasant churned in his stomach. He had to get away. And so, for not the first time this moon, he found his paws wandering the well-traveled path to Fourtrees.

He didn't know why. He had very few pleasant memories of Fourtrees. Well--that wasn't exactly fair. Perhaps it was better to say that his feelings about the clearing were... mixed. It was where he'd met many friends and spent nights sitting close to his brother under a full sky of moon and stars. It was also where they'd been forced to live for almost a moon before the Twolegs descended, driving them to the hard, cold surfaces of Highstones for nearly two more moons afterward. And, just earlier this moon, it was where Batsong had doomed WindClan to be the forest's pariah. But... with fewer cats in it, Fourtrees was less stressful. Surely no one else would come there, right? Perhaps he would be free to gather flowers in peace, without the looming shadow that leaked from camp.

It wasn't the first time he'd found himself here alone... or, that he thought he'd been alone. Last time, someone else had stumbled upon him. And apparently that would be the case this time too. When the scent of ShadowClan hit his nose, Flutterpetal bristled, bracing himself to turn and sprint back across the relative safety of the border. However, that was only for a moment, before he looked further down the path and saw the source of the scent. Then all hackles fell and he was running--but not running away. Running forward. "Honeylight!" There was surprise and delight in the tom's voice as he dashed towards his friend, green eyes that had previously been weary and downcast suddenly alight with warmth. Some part of his mind, the kittish side that had been deeply buried since everything bad cascaded down on him, urged him to tackle the tom. However, he managed to regain control of his paws just in time to dig them into the ground, skidding to a belated halt. Still his smile was wide and genuine. "It's good to see you! What are you doing here? Those flowers look wonderful! I...." Wait. Honeylight was ShadowClan. He wouldn't blame Flutterpetal for the recent events... would he? What if he thought it was their fault, too? The smile on the fluffy black tom's face fell slightly, and he took a hesitant step back. Uncertainty colored his tone. "I...I'm sorry about... the Gathering. I, maybe I shouldn't...."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: For now we'll say goodbye (c)   For now we'll say goodbye (c) EmptyMon 5 Jun 2023 - 16:16

HoneylightFourtrees

Honeylight’s ears pricked up when he caught the scent of Windclan amid the strong scents of his flowers. Tensing up, Honeylight lifted his head, sitting up all the way. However, all worry about a possible conflict fell away immediately at the sound of his friend calling his name, and the familiar, welcome sight of a black pelt and bright green eyes. Puffing up, Honeylight felt a huge smile split his face as he leapt up from his work and hurried to greet Flutterpetal.

“Flutterpetal!” He greeted with a rumbling purr. He saw the uncertainty in Flutterpetal’s gaze and the way he took a step back. Normally he tried to restrain himself in his usual affection with Flutterpetal. Either they were separated by a border, or surrounded by other cats who might interpret such open displays of affection between cats of different clans in a poor light. Right now though, he didn’t want Flutterpetal thinking for a minute that Honeylight wasn’t happy to see him or was angry at him for a conflict that was far out of both their paws.

Moving forward, Honeylight pressed his forehead against Flutterpetal’s shoulder, purring louder to make sure he knew the gesture was a friendly one. “The gathering wasn’t your fault,” He promised, leaning against his friend for a moment before pulling back to look at him. “You don’t have anything to apologize for. I’m glad to see you! I dunno what I’m doing here, honestly. I guess I just needed to get away from it all.” He pulled away to look at Flutterpetal full on again and gave him a soft smile.

Stepping back to his flowers again, Honeylight smiled. “I’m glad you like the flowers! There aren’t too many patches in the marsh, but I know where to get all the good ones.” He chuckled a little bit, before he looked at Flutterpetal again and softened. “...How about you? What brought you here? And… are you doing alright?”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: For now we'll say goodbye (c)   For now we'll say goodbye (c) EmptyFri 9 Jun 2023 - 18:23

Flutterpetal's uncertainty melted in the face of Honeylight's warm purr. How could he even have dared to worry that his friend would be swayed by the tension between their two Clans? The two of them had never cared for the thin border lines between their territory. Here, on neutral space, far away from any other prying eyes, they could be friends visibly. It was just like when they lived together at Highstones. The WindClan warrior allowed his tense muscles to relax. Honeylight pressed up against him, and Flutterpetal returned the gesture, allowing his dark fur to mesh with light golden brown.

"I'm glad to see you too," he responded, hearing the truth of the words as relief made his ears perk a little taller. "I'm here... well, for the same reason as you, I guess. To get away." His tail flicked slightly as Honeylight pulled away, and he glanced back to his own moor territory. Normally he loved WindClan. But right now... "It's stifling. Everyone's waiting for it to happen. Kind of like a rain cloud on the horizon. You know it's coming--you just don't know when. So you huddle and you wait. But any more waiting is going to make me sick." Flutterpetal's previously friendly tone had grown weary as he spoke. But she shook his head, fluffing his fur out and allowing himself to smile again. That was a problem for later. He didn't have to worry about it right now. He spoke again, tone warm once more, eyes sparkling. "Anyway! If I'd known you'd be here, I would've brought some flowers. I'm doing about as well as I can, at the moment. What about you? Last time we spoke, you said your mom was pregnant! How about it? Are you a big brother now?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: For now we'll say goodbye (c)   For now we'll say goodbye (c) EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 21:59

HoneylightFourtrees

Honeylight relaxed further when Flutterpetal leaned against him in return, and he sank against Flutterpetal’s black fur with a sigh, letting himself sink in the comfort of a friend. With no prying eyes about and no borders in sight to worry about, it felt that much more right to snuggle against his friend, whatever scent clung to their pelts.

He nodded understanding as Flutterpetal spoke, pulled back just enough to look at his friend. “I know what you mean,” He murmured quietly as Flutterpetal spoke of the heavy storm clouds that hung above their heads. Then Flutterpetal smiled again, and it drew a smile to Honeylight’s weary face again. He straightened back up, taking a deep breath and shaking off the sorrow.

And then his last question made his lungs grow tight and his smile faltered. He swallowed hard, inhaling shakily. “Well,” He said carefully, “Yes and no.” He smiled weakly. “Pineblossom’s kits… didn’t make it.” His voice grew a little choked, and he swallowed hard as he weathered a fresh wave of grief. He found himself settling down, laying on the ground and sweeping the spot next to him to encourage Flutterpetal to lay down next to him. “But she adopted another boy, Silverpaw. Like me he doesn’t really have any family to really rely on, and he lost his mom shortly after she lost her kids. I’d say they were meant for each other, but… I don’t really believe in that kind of stuff.”

“But Silverpaw’s a sweetheart, and he fits right in with our little family.” Honeylight rested his chin on his paws with a soft chuckle. “I actually get to mentor him, which is really nice. He’s learning and growing so fast. I’d do anything for the kid.” Moving his eyes back to Flutterpetal, Honeylight managed another soft smile. “How about you? How’s Adderdawn? And I don’t think you’ve spoken much about any other family you might have, or friends. I’d like to hear about them too.” He wanted to hear about the things that made Flutterpetal happy, for the two of them to speak of nothing but good things instead of the storm clouds above.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For now we'll say goodbye (c)   For now we'll say goodbye (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

For now we'll say goodbye (c)
Page 1 of 1