Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

this is war [c]

Go down 
+3
Grey
Honey Badger
Holly
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6066

this is war [c] Empty
PostSubject: this is war [c]   this is war [c] EmptySat 20 May 2023 - 20:35

[directly follows this topic]

Leopardsun waited for the rest of the council (and the cats she'd called to join them) to assemble before speaking. "I'm sure everyone wanted nothing more than to rest, and I apologize for keeping you awake even longer after such a stressful night. That said... There is still the matter of Batsong's actions to address. She has crossed every line I can think of, shoving her nose into the matters of Clans that do not involve her whatsoever- and Shrikestar has clearly endorsed her overstepping of boundaries. Such brazen accusations against a cat she believes to be some sort of murderous tyrant can only be considered a declaration of war."

And if she doesn't know that, she's even less intelligent than I thought. Which is admittedly somewhat impressive.

The acting leader's tail-tip flicked from its place against her side.

"I would prefer, personally, to remain neutral where possible and maintain positive relations with the other Clans while minding ourselves. But we cannot let this stand unchallenged. As I see it, ShadowClan is not cruel- but we must be practical, and even somewhat ruthless, particularly when dealing with WindClan. Their leader has clearly shown that he supports Batsong's actions, and so I doubt simply demanding he remove her from her position will go over well." She was as certain of that as she was of the sunrise, in fact. WindClan had proven themselves to be stubborn and nosy, and she wasn't about to give them the benefit of the doubt. "Meanwhile, if we let this go with anything but a strong response, who knows what boundaries they'll think of crossing next? They already barely mind their own borders. As Batsong's grudge comes from Nightpaw's past actions, part of his atonement will be assisting us in solving this problem."

Leopardsun looked over the cats around her.

"Given WindClan's inability to mind themselves and their own Clan, both historically and in the present, I see only one path forward."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1

Last edited by Holly on Sat 20 May 2023 - 21:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7406

this is war [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is war [c]   this is war [c] EmptySat 20 May 2023 - 21:22

The last few moments had been quite the shock for Badgermask - while she had certainly voted in favor of Nightstar being temporary demoted...She hadn't expected down to being an apprentice. Then she being chosen to step up to her mother's place in the meanwhile while Nightst-Nightpaw was force to regain the Clan's trust. Then, she was called to join the council. ...Well, this was very much not how she expected this night to go - and here she had been expecting a boring Gathering.

However, she admittedly had her own reservations about being named deputy - however temporary it may be. She was honored that her mother had such faith in her and she would do her best to live up to it, but she was curious what had caused Leopardsun to choose her...And would perhaps seek out a moment to speak of it at a later point. For now...It was time for her first council meeting. She took a seat not far from the others, but also distinctly away - wanting to stay out of the way and not sure how much she could give option-wise as she curled her tail around her paws.

She listened quietly as Leopardsun finally spoke, turning their attention onto the matter of Batsong and WindClan as a whole. Truth be told, she had come to the conclusion that it wasn't worth giving the entire Clan the light of day - or moonlight, in their case. She wouldn't speak to them, grant them one sliver of attention after tonight - if they were so attention-hungry to derail an entire Gathering for business not their own, then she would starve them of it. And truthfully...They just felt not worth her time anymore. But she also couldn't deny her mother's option - even if she wasn't happy to give WindClan any attention, even if it would come in the form of her claws.

Her eyes narrowed as she spared a glance around at the other cats, ears perk with a curiosity to see what the others would have to say first. She would need more time to form her own words for how she felt on the matter and couldn't deny the interest in witnessing a fabled council meeting after all of this time.

this is war [c] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon ~ Flurrykit
TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

this is war [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is war [c]   this is war [c] EmptyMon 22 May 2023 - 9:33

It was a very surreal moment for Nightpaw as he padded into his(?) den. His skin felt like it was on fire with the suffocating amount of emotions that were surging through him at that moment, the whites of his eyes were visible and his hackles prickled, even as he was desperately trying to show that he was unphased by the whole event. He just wanted to run off into the forest, he wanted to be alone right now but was demoted to an apprentice but still expected to perform leaderly duties apparently. Anger continued to simmer just below the surface, his thoughts raging like the flood waters that swept them all away. How dare they call for his exile? He broke the code, he knew that and he understood that. There was a reason he never said anything, after all, they descended on him like raging badgers. How rocky was his leadership really? How unliked was he when he was absolutely ready to throw his lives away for them?

Of how little worth was he to his clan really? Were they just biding their time until he croaked? While he assumed that they liked him? He was never rude or mean or cruel to them unless the situation called for punishment, he picked the less-than-good prey on purpose when he wasn't given one by the apprentices. He entertained the youth the best he could, he thought long and hard about warrior names when they came of age and training. He would lay down his life for them, but he never considered if they would do the same for him. No cat liked him, the only cat he had to lean on was Swiftheart. Even Pineblossom a cat he loved and considered a friend used his concerns and bursts of emotion against him. He renamed her a name to be truly fitting, but perhaps he never needed to do that in the first place.

He gave so much good! He gave cats ways to prove themselves in a more controlled environment, he instated practices to save lives when a clanmate was sinking, and he gained knowledge to advance Shadowclan's advantages against other clans. He committed so much of himself and gave so much that he never realized that they were never interested in giving back. The roaring and the rushing under his skin started to hum silently, a gentle thrum as his thoughts chilled him to the bone.

If Leopardsun wanted to lead such a selfish clan, for now, she could. Starclan help her if she makes a mistake. A cruel part of him hoped she would, but Leopardsun was the perfect golden child of Shadowclan leadership, the clans favoritism would keep her safe, fat, and happy. How selfish and greedy was Shadowclan?

Leopardsun spoke, blabbering on about him fixing the problems he made, his atonement, and she stopped. He knew what she was waiting for. Fine, he was already public enemy number one, his clan declared him the enemy, the big evil? Fine, he'd be just that and take this rotten situation and make himself the worst of it.

"We give them a very good reason to keep their noses to themselves. We go to war. We strike fear into their hearts and show them exactly what Shadowclan is made of." Nightpaw hissed, feeling maybe just a bit empty.

this is war [c] Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2988

this is war [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is war [c]   this is war [c] EmptyWed 24 May 2023 - 14:00

Pineblossom

Pineblossom followed in after the meeting. She felt exhausted, but there was still much to be discussed, as Leopardsun showed by jumping straight to the point. Pineblossom took a seat beside Nightpaw, though she did not look to him. She knew that he would be upset, and she was still angry about everything. Perhaps she would talk to him another day, but for now, it was just the meeting and then rest.

Her ears turned towards Nightpaw, listening to his response and she nodded. “I concur,” she meowed. “We have done our best in just ignoring them following the break in alliance with WindClan, and they have only pushed further and sought to humiliate ShadowClan. Their actions cannot be brushed aside any longer; nor can ShadowClan look weak by ignoring the problem. If Shrikestar is going to continue to let his clan run rampant, then he and WindClan shall pay the price.”
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1864

this is war [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is war [c]   this is war [c] EmptyThu 25 May 2023 - 10:14

Burdockroot padded into the den, unsure if she wanted to expose Harrier to this yet but... It was too late anyway. She had been exposed to the horrors that was Nightstar. The medicine cat, Burdockroot's former apprentice, had held her tongue in the meeting. Her own reputation was a perilous one and the way the clan turned against Nightstar in an instant made her anxious about her own. It was remarkably clear in the short time Harrier (for, -talon seemed to no longer fit) had joined her in healing that the entire clan preferred to go to her. It was delightful that Harrier was so well loved and she enjoyed having her around. But with this incident, the path she walked seemed to narrow to a tail-width ledge and on either side of her was cliffs. Now would be the time to take the instability to her advantage. Not for nefarious reasons, but to show the clan she had grown and wanted to nurture them along.

Which felt counterproductive when taking the matter of this conversation.

She listened to Leopardsun and Pineblossom speak before clearing her throat and standing up. "Before this conversation goes on further, I would like to speak. I held my tongue in front of the clan and it will be heard now." Her paws took her to a few paces before Nightpaw as she started speaking, her voice a low growl.

"First, Batsong was in the wrong to bring it to the entire Gathering. However, she is not 'nosey' and as ashamed of her as I am, it is not her fault she received this message. Do you not forget, Leopardsun, that I was given a ThunderClan and SkyClan and whoever else clan murder prophecy? I think I made it clear I no longer regard her as a medicine cat, but we will not start building a culture of hating medicine cats for sharing what StarClan tells them. I taste vile when I get another clan's prophecy." She stopped in front of Nightpaw on the last word and now stared at him straight in the eyes with her cold, hard, multi-colored gaze.

"I am disgusted with your actions. Not because of the romance, I couldn't care less about a fling. I am disgusted with the fact that you did not tell me, your medicine cat, what you have done so I could interfere with others to protect our clan. If you would have told me, I could have stopped Batsong before she did all of this. I could have known to what look out for. Instead, you decided to be a selfish coward and disregard your entire clan's safety and peace because you are truly the only one you have ever cared about.

I have spent moons being your medicine cat, silently tending to all of your dimwitted mistakes. I have done your bidding and demands and orders. I was your apprentice as a warrior as well - your actions have made it clear that you are simply incapable of loving anyone but yourself and your power. You think you're always the victim and never take responsibility. And oh, Nightpaw, I am here to point out how you have always been wrong."
She started pacing.

"Do you remember when you took me to Highstones to ask StarClan if Froststar was still alive and along the way, and we discussed why I was the outsider to the clan? You said I needed to speak more and to open up. You said you had to do the same as being Deputy, and yet... I haven't seen that growth you shamed me into doing myself. In fact, your flaws have only grown as Leader. Meanwhile, I work on myself diligently for the clan every day and yet... You still look down upon me, Nightpaw. You are a hypocrite, and the fact you refuse to even see that is your biggest downfall. Even when I have begged you to listen to how you have been treating me and all you do is argue, deflect, blame, and gaslight.

Speaking of hypocrisy, Redice. You executed him, correct? For mauling a trespasser, hmmm? Correct. We all saw it with our own eyes. I don't disagree with it, in fact, I warned you about Redice for moons before and you blatantly disregarded my opinions. You threw them away like I was some moronic apprentice. However, even that is not the point I am making bringing up Redice. Did you and your little pet Locustcall not do the same to allies in a state of emergency? Where is Locustcall's execution for the same crime Redice committed? Where is yours?

Oh, that's right Nightpaw. It didn't happen and it won't happen because that's where the problem lies. You believe you are above every other cat Nightpaw. You break your own rules because you want to. You allow a rogue in despite you refusing others just because you decided it's okay because it's what you want. It's okay when you maul literal allies to near death because you wanted to. It's okay to allow your little rogue pet to maul another cat and not face equitable punishment because you wanted to. I wonder what you would have done if another cat in our clan had committed a forbidden romance... In fact, I can almost guarantee them you would have sat upon Jaggedrock and publicly shamed them before exiling them. And yet... Nightpaw... Here you sit..."
Burdockroot circled back around to face Nightpaw again, her large size to her advantage.

"We are now having to go to war because of you, Nightpaw. ShadowClan cats will die because of you. Perhaps even apprentices. When they die in my den Nightpaw, I want you there to witness every single last breath of the clanmates you claim you love as they join StarClan. Because if Harrier and I have to, you must as well. I want you to sit there and watch the consequences of your actions. You will tend to the survivors as well. To their every need. And you will apologize to them. If you don't, I will speak with StarClan myself and speak to them about how I do not see you fit as Leader. They may not care, they may care. I don't think you want to risk it, Nightpaw, and you deserve this as your punishment. I did nothing wrong, our clanmates did nothing wrong, so you must repent by witnessing every death you caused." She let her last words hang in the air like a weighted cloud as she retained eye contact, searching for any sense of regret or emotions in his eyes.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

this is war [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is war [c]   this is war [c] EmptySat 27 May 2023 - 10:37

Nightpaw's lips peeled back into a snarl as he drew himself high and tall, making an effort to lean over Burdockroot. "All I have ever done is tell you to do your job. Redice did what he did on Skyclan soil, Locustcall was attacked on our own soil. He is no rogue but was born and raised in Shadowclan, not outside it, so watch your tongue. I have never stepped off of Shadowclan's soil to attack any cat, so there are your differences, Redice was hunting while I was defending so don't you foxing compare me to that monster" Spit flew as Nightpaw snarled, his hackles up and wild now as he glowered at Burdockroot. "Never did I ignore you, but it seems that your own fragile ego has become a personality trait. In fact, you're the reason I caught him before he dragged that poor thing to camp. But go ahead, see me for the monster you think I am, I'll play that role since you so desperately want me to be the villain in your life. But I know that I am doing my best each and every day." It was remarkably easy to let the anger loose and become the sole reason for every cats anger and hatred, releasing any other cat of their piece of the blame. But fine. It was almost cathartic to be the thing every cat wanted him and expected him to be.

He couldn't bring himself to care in the moment, his anger, grief, and every bit of complicated emotion surging through him. "I already remember each cat that has died, even if I was not the cause, so that is not the punishment you think it is. You are dead to me, as it is obvious that I am dead to you, and that will have no effect on our working relationship I expect as I am not your leader at this moment, but just a cog in the machine as it'll be Leopardsun and Badgermask heading this battle. To outsiders, this will fall on my shoulders still, but know that within this den it is they who are calling the shots, who will be making the choices to go to war. But that is fine, because I'm just over-emotional and brash, just a tom that makes the wrong calls and never does anything correctly. Am I wrong?" Nightpaw hissed, his gaze flicking over sharply to Pineblossom at his last remark before turning back to the large medicine cat in question.

"Now, if we are done having our hissy fit that we get down to business, get this done, and I can go be ostracized by my entire clan. " His fiery amber gaze looked to Rookfire, "What say you? Are you in agreement?" He could hardly contain the rumbling growl in his throat. He'll be the very thing his clan saw him as, if that is what they wanted. There was no trust anymore, no trust in him, and no trust in them.

this is war [c] Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2378

this is war [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is war [c]   this is war [c] EmptySat 27 May 2023 - 11:26

Rookfire quickly made his way into the leader's den to talk about a conflict with WindClan. In his anger, he wanted to refuse. This was Nightpaw's fault, wasn't it? His actions were what got ShadowClan into this mess anyways! At the same time, he knew his emotions were raging after the former ShadowClan leader admitted his crimes, and Leopardsun was making good points about WindClan being dangerous if they pushed themselves as the clans' police force.

He needed to calm down before speaking.

Listening to the other cats talk about going to war, he found himself leaning more towards it. He didn't like the thought that war was inevitable, but he did think that ShadowClan's demands wouldn't go off with a war. And there wasn't a guarantee that sending a warrior to WindClan territory to offer an ultimatum would result in them returning to ShadowClan. Letting out a long sigh, he opened his mouth to speak.

Burdockroot's voice caused the black tuxedo to stop to listen to her speak. As the ShadowClan medicine cat spoke, Rookfire felt his hackles raise. He had only heard about the incident that caused the ShadowClan and WindClan alliance to break into the cold relations they had right now, but it made him furious as she spoke. Nightpaw defended himself, of course, but it felt like he started to crumble.

"I don't want a monster as a leader, Nightpaw," the black tuxedo snarled. It was hard to not call him 'Nightstar' still in his head, but he'd probably get used to it as he thought more. "If that's your thought process after being called out on your flaws, then I don't see a world where you can return to leadership."

At Nightpaw's comment directly at his opinion on the war, Rookfire glared at him, before shifting to the rest of the council. "I'd say that war is inevitable at this point." He didn't like it, or even agree with it, but what could he do at this point? WindClan and ShadowClan hated each other, and WindClan seemed to cross the line by announcing Nightstar's fling in the Gathering, of all places.

Stars, this is a mess.

Laurelkit, WindClan Kit: 10/30

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

this is war [c] Image10
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [SKC] Peatkit | [WC] Moosekit | [R] Grub Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [V]T5 Warrior | [GJ] T1 Rogue | [P] Kit | [M] Kit
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4530

this is war [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is war [c]   this is war [c] EmptySat 27 May 2023 - 11:57

War. She had only just become apprenticed under Burdock, and there was already plans - not just suggestions - about going to war with WindClan. And for what? A public shaming? The trespassing happened moons ago, yet it was Batsong's tongue lashing that pushed them over the edge.

That was no cause for a war. That was certified egotism, and she was not a fan of it. It was very surprising for Harriertalon to hear Leopardsun put the idea out on display, given she had been the only one in a high position to be more level-headed than this. This could end lives. Not just for WindClan, but the the one clan that mattered: ShadowClan.

She watched and listened as Nightpaw and Pineblossom agreed with one another on the next course of action. Followed closely by a very heated Burdock, no longer holding back now that the public eye was no longer on them. She didn't enjoy the threat - or promise - to make Nightpaw watch his clanmates die, but what Nightpaw said in response baffled her.

"I already remember each cat that has died, even if I was not the cause, so that is not the punishment you think it is."

"-not the punishment you think it is."

She hadn't felt this angry since her talk with Nightstar about how StarClan doesn't treat any cat equally. And that had been moons and moons ago, when she was still in training to become a warrior. Twice in her life had she ever been angry, and both of those times they had involved Nightpaw somehow. Except this time, the anger was directed solely at him. Disgusting. Did his clans lives matter so little, that the thought of them dying because of his final say meant absolutely nothing to him? It very much contradicted what he had previously told her.

So this was ShadowClan's leader.

His tantrum that shortly followed Burdockroots piece made her roll her eyes. He could play monster if he liked. If that was what made him think he's done right for once. Did she feel sorry for him? Not really. His actions up to this point were on him. And she had nothing to say to him that would make him stop and think for once. Rookfire had a point.

Not wanting to be dragged into their temporarily demoted clan leaders little tantrums, Harriertalon opted out of saying anything or agreeing openly with anyone.

The war would play out regardless. This was out of her paws. They would do what they wanted. She was just sad that Badgermask was dragged into it.

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

this is war [c] JPzjwJV this is war [c] JPzNeMg this is war [c] JGg2mwx this is war [c] JPzwPEb this is war [c] JPzwXQn

this is war [c] JcTsSP1  this is war [c] JcnAVnI this is war [c] JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6066

this is war [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is war [c]   this is war [c] EmptyTue 30 May 2023 - 8:02

"Enough," Leopardsun raised her voice over the argument that had started, not liking how natural it felt. "Whether or not you get along outside of this meeting, we need to present ourselves as united to the rest of the forest, if not the rest of ShadowClan."

She regarded both her (temporarily former) leader and her medicine cat with resignation. "I've made my thoughts on Locustcall clear, I believe- and that I don't entirely trust him. He was born and raised as ShadowClan, perhaps, but he spent my entire lifespan some distance from the forest and the code. A great deal of things can change in just a few seasons, you know that as well as I do. That said, Locustcall is not in this den."

And thank the shadows for that small mercy.

"And we all will tend to the dying. Or I will, at least- if I'm to lead us into war, the least I can do is acknowledge the cost. Lives may well be lost as a result of this."

She nodded to Burdockroot. "The problem is not that StarClan spoke to her-" at least, not the main one; Leopardsun's petty grievances against StarClan were her own problem and she knew that perfectly well- "but what she did with that information. You received knowledge of other Clans' happenings and went to speak to their leadership. Batsong received knowledge of other Clans' happenings and used it to further her own personal agenda. You quite pointedly did not take over the Gathering to try and depose SkyClan or ThunderClan's leaders. To do so because you hold a grudge against one cat strikes me as a flagrant abuse of power, and one I'm quite certain is beneath you. But, seemingly, not beneath WindClan."

Now, the time for strategizing had arrived. Leopardsun was an impulsive, reckless force by nature- but she had learned patience young, as deputy and as a hunter of the predators that haunted the forest, and she understood the value of a well-laid plan.

"WindClan has clearly overstepped, but unless they've got nothing between their ears but moor-grass and flower petals they'll be expecting retaliation. We're left at a disadvantage." Her tail lashed once. "To counter that, I propose an assault with multiple layers. First, we launch a smaller attack party to lull them into a false sense of security. Then we give them time, just enough that they think it's over, and we attack in full force." A deep sigh. "Those who can't keep to their own side of the border will be taken prisoner- they will be treated with courtesy, but prisoners nonetheless, until this war is over. At that point, they will be safely returned."

She closed her eyes for just a moment, recalling the battle against the Dark Forest. Soon to be joined by new bloody memories, she supposed.

"I want to end this quickly, to keep the damage to ShadowClan as minimal as possible. We've suffered enough, but it's clear now that WindClan will keep pushing unless we push back. The Gathering proved that words won't work on them, after they stole a night meant for peace to further their own petty conflicts."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

this is war [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is war [c]   this is war [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

this is war [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp-