Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

let it stay this way (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

let it stay this way (c) Empty
PostSubject: let it stay this way (c)   let it stay this way (c) EmptyTue May 16, 2023 7:42 pm

Newleaf had come in full swing to the forest. Every willow, aspen and beech tree on the territory was covered in bright green leaves that rustled and swayed in the breeze. Birds had returned to the forest, and their chirps filled the early morning air when Perchstar stepped out into the territory. As the sun slowly rose, its light warmed the earth, seeping into her thin pelt and brightening the ground on which she walked. It seemed almost symbolic that the season had truly flourished when she had returned to RiverClan... almost as if it had been waiting for her arrival to thrive. Of course, that was not how seasons worked. But on a morning as nice as this, she could almost believe it was so.

But not everything that came with her sudden departure to Twolegplace had been bad. Perchstar glanced once more at the apprentice accompanying her. Wrenpaw--one of her kits; the second-oldest; one of the two who had inherited her father's pelt color. The loudest and most vibrant personality among her kits, whom Poppyshine was currently mentoring. They were a good fit together. However, the deputy was currently busy with other duties, and so Perchstar had taken her own daughter out on this hunting patrol. It had been a while since they'd been alone together. Wrenpaw was an apprentice now, far larger than her kit self, but still as enthusiastic as always. Hopefully she could learn how to subdue her excitement and move carefully so as to not disturb the fish in the river. For now, though, it was okay that half of her steps found some kind of stick or twig to snap. "How has your training been going?" Perchstar asked. She trusted that Poppyshine would be a wonderful mentor, but Wrenpaw was not the calico's only apprentice. And besides, this question was the best way to lead into anything else that Wrenpaw might like to tell her about.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: Re: let it stay this way (c)   let it stay this way (c) EmptySat May 20, 2023 2:36 pm

WrenpawRiverclan Camp

Wrenpaw was happy to be out with her mom. She loved Aunt Poppyshine, and she loved training underneath her, but… well, she’s not as much of a mama’s girl as Willowpaw may be, but she’s missed being with her family most of the time. She likes training, she likes being an apprentice, but her siblings are busy with their own training, and she never gets time alone with her mom anymore. Which is totally fine! She’s a big girl, and she can handle that.

Still, if she kept drifting back to be close to Perchstar’s side every time she wandered off, if she took great comfort in being in Perchstar’s sole attention, well, that was no one’s business but her own. She liked being out in the territory too. It was so beautiful, and Wrenpaw liked investigating all the different plants and bugs and wildlife that she could see.

After falling a few pawsteps behind, having gotten distracted by the sight of a ladybug on a leaf, Wrenpaw sped her pawsteps up until she was all but pressing against her mom’s side once more. “Good!” She declared with a firm nod, fluffy tail swishing behind her. “Auntie’s really nice. She’s good at explaining things. I’m still getting the hang of everything, but it’s good. I think I’m good at sparring.” She puffs her chest out in pride. "At the very least, I like it!" She laughed.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: let it stay this way (c)   let it stay this way (c) EmptySun May 28, 2023 4:13 pm

It was good to see that everything was going well for Wrenpaw--or, at least seemed to be. Perchstar didn't know if her daughter had the prescience to pretend to be happy with her training, but if she had learned to fake emotions, she was doing it very well. It would be easier to take her word at face value. Her laugh certainly sounded delighted, anyway. Wrenpaw's closeness was not unpleasant. She was much bigger than she had been as a kit, and seemed only to be growing further. "I'm glad you and Poppyshine work well together," the leader said, satisfied. "I hope that you will have no need of fighting anytime soon, but it is a valuable skill to have. What sort of things have you learned? Has Poppyshine taught you yet how to use the water against your enemies?"

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: let it stay this way (c)   let it stay this way (c) EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 12:49 am

WrenpawRiverclan Territory

Wrenpaw shook her head no. “Not yet-- but she said we would soon!” She bounded ahead of Perchstar a few paces, crouching down in front of her in her best demonstration of a hunter’s crouch. “And she taught me how to do this!” Leaping forward, Wrenpaw ‘tackled’ a nearby patch of reeds, landing amongst them with a laugh as she turned her head to look at Perchstar again. “Well, against another cat, but y’know, same principal.” She shook out her fur and leapt back up, trotting back to Perchstar’s side. “But yeah, Auntie’s pretty cool.” She bumped her shoulder against her mother's. “Not as cool as you though, mama.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: let it stay this way (c)   let it stay this way (c) EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 9:49 pm

No, there was no guile in Wrenpaw. Not an ounce. Only pure joy radiated from the black and white she-cat as she leapt forward, tackling a patch of reeds in an excited but tactical manner. Though the movements were hasty and still had yet to be refined, the energy behind them would serve her well in hunting and fighting alike. Perchstar found her facial expression relaxing further. She was so much like Poppyshine when she was younger. Though she loved all her kits equally, she couldn't help but be glad that at least one had escaped her legacy of being unable to show emotions. Warmth followed her as she walked. It glowed even brighter when Wrenpaw complimented her. "Mama" was still not a moniker she was used to, but coming with such love and happiness from a cat who gave all of herself to the motion... it helped. It helped a lot.

"A very impressive tackle," she said, feeling her mouth move into the semblance of a smile as she did so. It was easier for the lip to curl higher when she was speaking. "I'm sure Poppyshine would be glad to hear you say so. I can't recall if I've ever been called 'cool' before, in the way that you seem to mean it." Cool-headed, perhaps. Or that she spoke too coolly to some. Or that the cool of her eyes chilled like ice. But not... cool. Not the approving term of an apprentice who found one awe-inspiring or otherwise worthy of praise. Another moniker Perchstar supposed she would just have to accept. "I don't doubt that Poppyshine will teach you many good things. Would you like me to teach you something?"

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: let it stay this way (c)   let it stay this way (c) EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 5:27 pm

WrenpawRiverclan Territory

Perchstar praised Wrenpaw’s tackle, and Wrenpaw went bright with joy, her already big grin widening and her tail swishing happily in the air. Perchstar was even practically smiling, which Wrenpaw took as an absolute win. Her siblings and mom were all quieter in their emotions, which was okay of course, but sometimes it felt nice to see them express happiness, especially if it was because of Wrenpaw.

Wrenpaw hummed disapprovingly that no one had called her mom cool before. Her mom was so cool! She was the leader of the whole clan, and she did amazing at it! Her brief internal rant was cut short by Perchstar’s offer, and Wrenpaw lit up all over again with a soft gasp. “Yes please!” She says, bouncing onto the tips of her paws. She loved her aunt, but her mom was indisputably the coolest cat in the clan, so of course Wrenpaw wanted to learn from her.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: let it stay this way (c)   let it stay this way (c) EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 7:52 pm

Perchstar felt her whiskers twitch at Wrenpaw's enthusiasm. "All right then. I'll teach you a fighting move that only RiverClan cats get to know." A curve of the river was nearby, so the leader began walking towards it, motioning with her tail for the apprentice to follow. She knew that Poppyshine would have gotten to this move eventually... but the idea of teaching her own daughter something sounded very appealing right now. Besides, Wrenpaw was happy to learn anything, and she wanted to extend their time together.

It didn't take long to get to the river. Perchstar made sure that she was downstream of Wrenpaw, then turned to look at her. "Here. This move can be dangerous, so I will use a reed to demonstrate." Gracefully, she reared up on her hind legs, then used two white forepaws to grab the very top of a cattail reed and shove its tip under the rushing water. She held it there for one moment--two moments--three moments, until she finally released it. It looked waterlogged and droopy. "It's called an underwater cinch," she explained, meeting Wrenpaw's gaze. "It's a move that must be used carefully. We do not intend to drown other cats, ever. Instead, we simply use the water--which they are not used to--to temporarily stun them, allowing us to gain the upper paw in battle. If you ever use this move on others, then you must be sure to use it sparingly, and not hold your opponent under the water for too long." Once more, Perchstar demonstrated, pushing the reed under the river's current for a few seconds before letting it back up, this time batting at it with her paw when it emerged. "Here, you try it."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: let it stay this way (c)   let it stay this way (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

let it stay this way (c)
Page 1 of 1