Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1433

Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed May 10, 2023 2:43 pm

Sandyshell

She’d swallowed her bitter herbs just a bit ago, but was nowhere near prepared for this trip. The night before anxiety raked through her mind, shoving all the horrid possibilities of death in her face. They would be travelling out in the open, through Windclan’s territory, all alone. Just Sandyshell and a spacey apprentice. The thought occurred, Maybe I can get someone else to take Egretpaw? but was promptly shot down. What kind of medicine cat was she if she couldn’t even step foot near the moonstone? It was her complete responsibility to guide apprentices to their Starclan meeting. If she were to fail that duty- and for what? Being afraid of the outside? Every cat goes outside every day!

Two massive fears opposed her, and unfortunately, ended up swallowing her whole. Sandyshell had to cope, and so throughout the morning she was next to catatonic. Walking on numb paws and focused on her physical tasks at hand. She’d gathered the right herbs, next was to deliver them. Sandyshell blankly walked up to the apprentice den and called out the apprentice’s name. “Egretpaw, it’s time to go.” She smiled her perfect smile and offered the herbs to her. “They will keep us strong for the journey.” Even if the apprentice’s head wasn’t in the clouds, it’d be easy to excuse Sandyshell’s demeanor by the bags under her eyes. She simply didn't get much sleep, right?

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP
Mushroomkit
TC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4951

PostSubject: Re: Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri May 12, 2023 6:25 am

egretpaw
“is it really so wrong to dream?”

Egretpaw's sleep could only be described as tumultuous at best. The slightest sounds stirred her, her ears perpetually flicking at the sounds in an attempt to swat them away like the bugs that swarmed carrion in the peak of greenleaf's heat. Somehow, she found herself rested enough for each day to come, tightly curling herself into a pale ball of a feathered pelt. The addition of her fox pelt had helped significantly in her rest, acting more as a weighted shield to soothe any anxieties that pricked as a result of the perpetual stimulation that rose her.

With her head snapping to attention at her name being called, her gaze couldn't quite focus in on Sandyshell as she gave a nod to signify she heard. A quick debate in her mind as whether or not to take her pelt with her, and the apprentice decided against it. She had heard stories of what it was like to go to Highstones, and she didn't want it snagged and lost. Especially not during an important journey. I will do right by my mother's traditions. She quietly whispered, the pelt sliding off of her frame easily and neatly staying within her nest.

It took her a heartbeat perhaps too long to finally find and eat all of the herbs. She had to go slow in eating them, their potent flavors threatening to entirely dysregulate the poor apprentice. Egretpaw had worked hard in at least being able to now hold conversations with her clanmates, but it was a facade painted atop a glass case. Anything more, and she felt herself ready to break down, especially with the constant beating of her heart she was ever-aware of. But finally she was ready, taking a quick moment to lap water from one of the safe, nearby pools to remove some of the potent, attention-stealing tastes from her tongue.

"Wherever you lead, I will follow." She stated, placing herself a few steps behind Sandyshell. A spaced-out look noticed just the slightest ever oddity in the medicine cat's breathing pattern, and so she kept herself just a little bit closer. For support. Perhaps it was her mind, but she figured every cat needed a bit of support these days. Plus, it helped hide just how much she needed support, too. "And I will help how I can."

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpawMountainkit
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6739

PostSubject: Re: Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu May 18, 2023 7:18 pm

Perchstar stepped out of the medicine den, trying to resume her neutral expression. Ever since Hickorypaw had woken up, she'd been quietly hopeful that he might recover at least some of his strength... but now the apprentice was feeling ill again. Her paws shook just slightly as she followed after the emerging Sandyshell. "Sandyshell, Hickorypaw is not doing well. He needs your assistance--" She stopped. Egretpaw stood there as well, her almost ephemerally slim form set against the backdrop of the late morning sun. Right. The apprentice had just passed her hunting assessment, after all, so it only followed that her Moonstone journey would be next. It only took one moment of shock for Perchstar to blink and recover. "Egretpaw, I can travel with you to Highstones. It may be inopportune, but I trust that I will be a suitable replacement for the journey." With one last nod to the medicine cat--who, at second glance, seemed like she might be grateful for the interruption--the leader began to set off, looking behind to make sure that Egretpaw was following.

It was mildly difficult to swallow her own worries about traversing through the territory of worryingly fanatical Batsong's Clan, let alone crossing the Thunderpath after losing her own life... but in the wake of the decision that needed to be made, it seemed unimportant. For now, she just needed to get Egretpaw to Highstones.

--Timeskip--

The journey had gone well... outwardly. Perchstar had managed to keep her panic attack to a minimum when confronted with the loud roar of a monster. One shaking paw after another had darted across the smooth surface, and she was safe. For now. Hopefully Egretpaw had not noticed the quickness of her breaths nor the wildness of her eyes. Hopefully her expression had remained as neutral as she believed it had.

Either way, struggles aside, they were there now. The journey had taken the better part of the day, and the sky was now pitch-black and studded with Silverpelt's many stars. Highstones loomed above them, just barely visible, Mothermouth open like a maw full of jagged fangs ready to swallow two cats whole. Perchstar had not been back here since... her leader ceremony. She'd meant to return with Poppyshine, but that had not gone as intended, so here she was with Egretpaw instead. Just a Moonstone journey. Just another rite of passage for an apprentice. With a silent nod, she led Harebounce's daughter through the dark and twisting passageways until they arrived at the Moonstone. Its tall crystal refracted with the light of the moon shining above.

"Touch your nose to the Moonstone," Perchstar instructed her, voice calm and clear. "StarClan will dream with you when you sleep." Should she...? No. She had intended originally to speak with her ancestors herself. But now, after the escapades in Twolegplace--after Stormbringer, after the raining downpour, after the four kits who were now home in camp--no. She would not speak to them. They did not want to hear from her. Instead, she sat and waited for Egretpaw to finish her dreaming.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri May 19, 2023 7:41 am

egretpaw

Post lost due to Kitty conducting an editing error.
tl;dr Egretpaw was shocked to walk with Perchstar, but fine with it, and went and touched her nose to the stone.

Last edited by Kitty on Sat May 27, 2023 8:04 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2545

PostSubject: Re: Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon May 22, 2023 6:03 pm

pixel-sprout-by-llngerle-da206yzCloverheart

A small molly sat less than a fox-length away, just in front of Egretpaw when she woke up to StarClan’s fields. The setting was a replica of their shared Clan’s, easy grasslands rolling into the dawn-lit horizon. The river, too, which the she-cat was sitting just on the banks of– it moved slowly here, babbling sluggishly along. But unlike their mortal territory, this land glittered with countless fragments from the stars. Even her visitor’s mostly white pelt held a soft dazzle.

“I’m a little disappointed I don’t get to talk to Perchstar. It’s been so long, and she came all this way.” The words were dry, but there was a wry humor that kept them from being unkind. “I’m Cloverheart. I was RiverClan’s medicine cat last green-leaf. It sounds too long if I say I came before Sandyshell’s mentor.” The sentiment made the back of her throat taste bitter. Cloverheart snorted to banish the thought before finally turning to face wide-eyed Egretpaw.

“I’m not exactly busy here, but you only have until dawn. Or you wake up.” She mewed, ear flicking once while she looked the apprentice over. A pleasant grin lightened her appraising stare, and Cloverheart angled her head to silently invite Egretpaw closer. “Take everything in, but try to think of something you want to hear while you do. I want to do something useful if both of us bothered to show up.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat May 27, 2023 8:02 am

egretpaw

As she absorbed the scene-scape around her, perhaps the first thing that the molly realized was just how silent everything was. Her ears twitched on reflex at this point, persistently swiveling to find something to hone in on. However, there was nothing for her to find. Her senses were stilled, calmed, soothed even. It was such an unfamiliar feeling that for a moment, Egretpaw couldn't help but contemplate if she was dead. Nothing had ever been so quiet.

Though, the molly that appeared before her was a welcome sight. Almost confirmation that she had simply drifted to sleep, to meet with a long-lost clanmate rather than ascend to the starscape of her inevitable eternity. She sat politely, though couldn't help but shake her head as if she was trying to readjust to being within her own pelt. The quiet was nice, but also unnerved her all the same. "Perhaps I could persuade Perchstar to have a conversation with you, Cloverheart." She finally found the words, having delivered them smoothly. To know that the cat had walked the forest at the same time as Perchstar soothed the idea this was some ancient cat.

Moving forward at the she-cat's beckoning, the semi-star-pelted feline found herself feeling... comforted by Cloverheart's presence. Somehow. Perhaps something was gravely wrong with her to be comforted by such a molly, but she had no clue. Settling in beside her, almost close enough to touch, she thought. But perhaps there was only one thing she could truly conclude to have any remote desire to discuss. "Walking the forest below... I feel persistently bombarded by everything. Every scent, sound, breeze, movement... Everything commands my attention. I hope it is okay with you if I take some time in your company to enjoy everything being... silent." The words didn't flow nearly as smoothly as she had hoped. But she did her best. "You were a medicine cat, so I feel improper asking for some sort of parting wisdom for living that life. However, you served a role vital to the life of my own. You still serve a vital role, I suppose, if the Stars deemed you the one worthy to visit me before I get my name. So, Cloverheart... what are herbs you believe every warrior should know? How could I find them?" It would be useful information, one she hoped she could carry even outside of this dream. Honey-toned eyes glanced towards the other she-cat to display her genuine interest. After all, in her mind, knowing basic healing was something that should have been part of a warrior's training. To be reckless was one thing, but to go into a battle and know what resources it would command beyond one's own blood was another.

As if she had been suddenly shocked to some sort of realization, the molly straightened. "I sincerely apologize for my rudeness. I am Egretpaw. Bric- Harebounce took me under her wing when the twolegs invaded the forest and brought me to Riverclan as a young kit."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Egretpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1