Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

as if i'm displaced in this space [open]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

as if i'm displaced in this space [open] Empty
PostSubject: as if i'm displaced in this space [open]   as if i'm displaced in this space [open] EmptySat 8 Apr 2023 - 18:36

Whisperear

Whisperear had struggled to stay conscious the past few days. It was hard to identify what exactly had happened to them in the forest on their patrol. After discussion and mending, it was assumed that they had pushed their already-fragile body too much. That didn’t entirely explain why they didn’t seem to be getting better. They were finally more awake today, but that has just allowed them to see just how badly their body was listening to them. They tried to stand up to go out and get some food on their own, and ended up collapsing out of their nest, so others had to care for them. Whisperear hated it. They felt like a burden on Batsong and Birchgaze. They hated worrying their friends. The break was nice, but they would rather not feel so awful.

Would they ever get better…? Whisperear wasn’t sure. They feared they wouldn’t.

[OOC: This take place after this topic!]
WindClan • Tier 5 • They/Them • 65 | 130 • #9999cc
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5683

PostSubject: Re: as if i'm displaced in this space [open]   as if i'm displaced in this space [open] EmptySat 8 Apr 2023 - 19:42

Since Whisperear had been returned to camp and been mostly confined to the medicine den, Brackenwing fretted in silence. She had never seen them in this poor of a state, and as the days wore on there seemed to be little improvement. There was no enemy to fight to make the problem go away, and it made Brackenwing antsy. It made her claws itch. All she could do was watch as Batsong and Birchgaze did what medicine cats did. She tried her best to stay out of their way while checking in on Whisperear.

And that was where she headed now. Whisperear had tried to get out of their nest, and she was almost certain that the medicine cats had already scolded the pale warrior for it. Brackenwing wasn't going to be the one to, although it was sure tempting to do so. If only whatever was plaguing Whisperear could be scolded into leaving them be.

"Hey, Whisperear," She mewed softly, sitting next to the nest the warrior was in, "How are you feeling?" A question they would be annoyed at, maybe, but Brackenwing was just glad to see them awake.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2858

PostSubject: Re: as if i'm displaced in this space [open]   as if i'm displaced in this space [open] EmptySat 8 Apr 2023 - 22:00

The day that Whisperear had been taken back to camp by Adder had sent Batsong into a very protective state. After the initial shock had died down and they were situated in the med den she had been keeping a close eye on them and doing her best to get them medicine, food and whatever else they needed.

She sat nearby them checking up on them very often. Whisperear had pushed too hard on patrol and their body in protest had shut down for a bit... the thing that worried batsong the most was it was not getting better.

She had to force herself to calm down a little, any other patient and she would just allow for more time, it was just harder when the patient was the kit you helped to raise.

Batsong hadnt spoken alot. There was not alot of time whisper was awake and when they were, Batsong was more trying to get them to eat to keep what strength they had up. It wasnt like she knew what to say anyways, words had never been her strong point.

She was sitting stuck in her own thoughts not fully aware of anything else.

The sudden breaking of the silence caused by her sister caused her to jump up startled

"B-Bracken!!" she meowed startled and with a bit of annoyance from the scare.

She huffed a sigh forcing her raised fur to slowly lower again. She had been on edge ever since and hadnt exactly slept well for quite awhile. Bracken was just here to help though, and a visitor would do Whisperear some good maybe. "s-sorry" she flicked her tail at her sister though in a kit-ish retaliation for the jump-scare.

None of this felt real, it wasn't really sinking in. That she had tried all sorts of medicine and nothing had gotten them going again... they must have really overdone something to cause this.

She went back to looking at the herbs before her and at her paws. She felt like sometimes she herbs were easier to talk to than other cats... she just wished the herbs would talk back, share secrets of which ones could heal whisper.

She blinked rapidly her eyes un-focusing again from the drifting they had started. She really was losing it huh? Or maybe it was just the lack of sleep since this had happened.

come on you... focus can we?

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: as if i'm displaced in this space [open]   as if i'm displaced in this space [open] EmptyMon 10 Apr 2023 - 17:33

Flutterpetal was having difficulty standing still. Every time he stopped moving, his paws would itch, urging him forward again. He found himself pacing the length of camp as he thought. Just as he had begun to get comfortable with the status quo again, disaster struck. The day Adderdawn had returned with a sickly-looking Whisperear leaning on his shoulder hadn't left his mind since it happened. He'd been in to see his mentor every day--every few hours, even--but most of the time, they were asleep. Whisperear had always been low on stamina. Flutterpetal remembered several patrols where the warrior had become out of breath after a short sprint. However, this level of exhaustion was abnormal, even for them. Dark circles under their eyes, lanky form growing only thinner, a dragging undertone to their voice the few times they were awake enough to say anything....

Flutterpetal gnawed at the inside of his mouth, trying to calm his thoughts. Batsong had been almost constantly hovering at Whisperear's side, too. He could recall when he had enjoyed spending time with the medicine cat, learning herbs from her and relaxing in her company. He'd been upset when Daisybreeze had been unkind to her, just as Whisperear had been. However.... after she'd admitted that Daisybreeze died to save her, and after she'd been unable to do anything either for his friend or for Hazelpatch.... Well, it was difficult to admit, but he had simply been avoiding her. It was obviously not her fault, but that didn't stop the strange twist to his stomach whenever he spoke to the medicine cat. So he'd been pacing around camp instead of going into the medicine den again. But he wouldn't let her stop him this time. He needed to see Whisperear again. Maybe they were finally awake. He needed his mentor to know how much he appreciated them in case... in case....

Stop it. Whisper's not going to die. Stop thinking that.

Blinking hard to wish the thoughts away, Flutterpetal finally steeled himself and stepped closer to the medicine den, set apart from the rest of the camp by the well-kept nests and piles of herbs.

Batsong was there, of course, but thankfully she seemed preoccupied with something else. Brackenwing was sitting next to a nest, looking attentively at Whisperear--whose eyes were open. Flutterpetal breathed an inaudible sigh of relief. Maybe it would be best for him to just walk away and not disturb their rest. However, his paws itched again, and he ended up sitting near Brackenwing, offering a shaky smile to his mentor. "Hey. Need anything? A rabbit, or... some flowers? The field looked really nice today." His attempted offering was meagre--even pathetic. But it was all he could do right now. It was all he could do to keep smiling and not think about the fact that so many cats he loved had already gone to sleep with the stars. It was all he could do to remember that there was nothing he could do.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

PostSubject: Re: as if i'm displaced in this space [open]   as if i'm displaced in this space [open] EmptyWed 12 Apr 2023 - 20:02

f2u-decor-gogoriki-background-by-mairu-doggy-dbj2ej2Adderdawn

Just like his brother, Adderdawn had been restless since Whisperear’s collapse. He took as few patrols as he could get away with, unwilling to leave camp for long just in case something… happened. Nothing would happen. Adderdawn kept telling himself that, over and over. Nothing would happen. Whisperear was fine; not fine, no, but– but… They were breathing. And conscious, at least sometimes. Batsong would… Batsong and Birchgaze would help. They would make a full recovery soon, and they were not going to die.

Movement by Batsong’s burrow caught his attention, and the small warrior paused, watching cats slip through the entrance. Brackenwing, Flutterpetal. Ears swiveling, Adderdawn stopped hard on his heels, canceling his anxious circling to head straight over there. Ducking inside, he brushed up against Flutterpetal, catching the tail end of the darker-furred tom’s words. Glancing between the gathered cats, Adderdawn sighed and looked finally towards Whisperear. How weak they looked made him wince, but he forced a calmer expression. “I’m glad you’re awake,” he mewed, voice thick with the agitated concern that hadn’t left him. He was sure the others had already said as much, but still he added, “I hope you’re alright, Whisperear. I’m glad you’re… I’m glad.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: as if i'm displaced in this space [open]   as if i'm displaced in this space [open] EmptyWed 12 Apr 2023 - 20:37

Whisperear

As more visitors entered the medicine den, Whisperear tried to muster up their energy to greet them. It took some coaxing from Brackenwing to make their eyes focus and to manage to lift their head. Even that made their mind fuzz and their vision dip a little bit, so it took a few blinks before things cleared enough and they felt steady. Whisperear gave an apologetic smile to Batsong. I’m up, they promised softly.

They looked to Brackenwing first, smiling warmly at her. Hi Brackenwing, they murmured. How I am feeling, well… They offered her a humorless smile. I’m disappointed that we need to postpone our date—I’ll put it that way. They did hope that they would get better soon so they could go out together. If nothing else, then to at least get some fresh air and stretch their legs.

Flutterpetal’s appearance perked Whisperear up a little more. It was not very often that they were conscious when they had a guest, let alone multiple. It made them happy to see people visit them.

Flutterpetal, Whisperear purred. I’m not terribly hungry right now, but you know I’ll never say no to flowers that you gather. The mention of the fields made their ears perk. The snow must be all melted by now. I can only imagine how pretty it looks now. I’ll have to join you there once I’m better. Which…they would be. They would get better soon. Batsong was working hard to ensure it.

Finally Adderdawn made his appearance, and Whisperear smiled. They could see the worry wearing down on all of their guests, and it made their stomach tight with guilt. It was not their fault necessarily, but they wished they could have done something to avoid causing this worry. It’s great to see you, Adderdawn. All of you…I’m thankful to have such wonderful friends who look after me.
WindClan • Tier 5 • They/Them • 65 | 130 • #9999cc
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5683

PostSubject: Re: as if i'm displaced in this space [open]   as if i'm displaced in this space [open] EmptyThu 13 Apr 2023 - 10:49

Brackenwing let out a soft snort as Batsong practically jumped out of her fur. "You ought to get some rest, I'd never be able to sneak up on you like this." She mewed, though not unkindly. She knew Batsong worked her tail off for her clanmates' health, and that work was appreciated, but the medicine cat needed rest too. She had retreated to her herbs, leaving her and Whisperear in relative silence until Flutterpetal and Adderdawn made their way into the den. She could see the worry she felt mirrored on their expressions.

Brackenwing nodded at the brothers in greeting, offering them a soft smile, as Whisperear murmured a soft reply. Her whiskers twitched, though Brackenwing found it difficult to keep up humor when seeing Whisperear in such a state. "The weather's still got a bit of a temper even without the snow... Delaying it won't be such a bad thing." She tried, albeit weakly. Disappointment over not going for that walk was vastly outweighed by her disappointment in seeing Whisperear in the condition they were in. Anything else could wait, as long as they got better.

"Friends looking after you is the least you deserve." Brackenwing shook her head at the thanks. Adderdawn and Flutterpetal cared... She cared too. Whisperear's visits to the medicine den and elder's den when she had been recovering from her own injury were remembered fondly.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: as if i'm displaced in this space [open]   as if i'm displaced in this space [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

as if i'm displaced in this space [open]
Page 1 of 1