Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

the best laid plans [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6046

the best laid plans [c] Empty
PostSubject: the best laid plans [c]   the best laid plans [c] EmptySun 2 Apr 2023 - 13:49

Lightningbreeze had, for days, plotted out her course of action; and at last the time had come to act upon it. She nudged one of her oldest friends, fully intent on roping him into this newest adventure. "Rainfrost, I need your help with something- c'mon!"

There was no elaboration. Just that simple statement, and then she was gone: as a full-fledged warrior, there was no reason she couldn't explore SkyClan's territory at her own pace. Which she had done quite a bit of while planning this out.

She vanished quickly from sight, out of the camp's entrance and into the trees with her trademark speed.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: Re: the best laid plans [c]   the best laid plans [c] EmptyWed 12 Apr 2023 - 16:47

RainfrostSkyclan Territory

Rainfrost had been in the middle of deciding what to do with himself, standing idly in the middle of camp as he wavered between choices. Before he had even laid out all the options he had in front of him, a warm, lean figure nudged him, and Rainfrost blinked rapidly as he turned his head to look at Lightningbreeze. “Need me for wha-- oh, oh you’re gone, okay.”

“I can’t help you if you run off!” Rainfrost called grumpily after her, even as he launched himself into his own run. He was quick, thanks to his small size. He doubts he can match Lightningbreeze, just in terms of sheer endurance and energy, but he’s quick by non-Lightningbreeze standards. “Lighteningbreeze!” He called after her, chasing her scent.

As much as the sudden plan-change catched him off guard, it did solve his conundrum of what to do. And now that he was in it, the run felt good, wind rushing through his fur and leaves crunching underneath his paws. He idly thinks that he should challenge Lightningbreeze to a race, if for no other reason than to have an excuse to run around the territory.

…well, he’ll do that if and when he manages to find where she bolted off to.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: the best laid plans [c]   the best laid plans [c] EmptySun 16 Apr 2023 - 11:22

Lightningbreeze almost seemed to fly through the forest, moving from one branch to the next with practiced ease. As Rainfrost called her name, she only laughed; feeling the wind racing through her fur as she traced the path she'd chosen. At least he'd followed her- she had hoped he would, but wasn't entirely sure at first. "Try to keep up!"

Eventually she slowed, and finally came to a stop, waiting for Rainfrost to catch up to her. "Right here," she whispered. "This is what I need you for! Just stand there and look pretty- I needed someone to keep watch, since I'll be focused on what I'm doing."

Her actual destination was another nearby tree, but she had a perfectly clear view of it from her current perch. The beehive was right there- and so was the thing she was actually after: the honey. It wouldn't be easy to harvest, but she felt she was up to the challenge.

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: the best laid plans [c]   the best laid plans [c] EmptyThu 27 Apr 2023 - 16:24

Rainfrost grumbled under his breath as he heard Lightningbreeze’s voice goading him to keep up, and he ran harder. When she slowed, he caught up to her, finally spotting that yellow pelt. He slowed too, until he came to a stop on the ground below her, breathing hard. Though he may be fast, he wasn’t much for endurance, and he was winded already. Curse his ever-weak lungs.

His nose wrinkled as he listened to Lightningbreeze’s words. “Look pretty?” He repeated dumbly as he watched her move along her branch. “Lightning, what in the world did you drag me out here for?” He heaved in another gulp of air, panting, finally slowing to a stop as he watched her. He looked around, trying to determine what she could possibly have pulled him out here for. Everything just looked like the same old trees until he saw what her gaze was focused on.

“Lightningbreeze. Please. By all the stars. Tell me you aren’t doing what I think you’re doing.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: the best laid plans [c]   the best laid plans [c] EmptyTue 30 May 2023 - 8:21

"I don't know what you're thinking," Lightningbreeze called, as light and breezy as her name would suggest as she moved swiftly to forest floor and approached the tree in question. "But don't worry about it! This should be easy enough. I mean, medicine cats do it, right? So it's not something you need raw strength to do... Probably just precision? I can do that, no problem!"

And with that, Lightningbreeze crept slowly toward her target. If she could knock it to the forest floor, that would help. The only risk was getting harassed by the bees, but she was way bigger than any of them.

Slowly, she crept up the tree, reaching the branch in question and finding it- surprisingly devoid of bees. Not completely, but she only saw one.

Testing her luck, she moved to knock the hive down, aiming her paw to send it to the ground. It worked, and she swiftly returned to the forest floor to watch at a distance and see if any more bees left the hive, the single one she'd seen following her down.

She batted at it with her paw, chasing it away, and then turned to grin at Rainfrost.

"See? Look, no problem, and now I've got what I was after!" She nudged his shoulder. "Thanks."

Last edited by Holly on Tue 30 May 2023 - 8:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15096

PostSubject: Re: the best laid plans [c]   the best laid plans [c] EmptyTue 30 May 2023 - 8:21

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

the best laid plans [c] Mistpe10
the best laid plans [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: the best laid plans [c]   the best laid plans [c] EmptySun 4 Jun 2023 - 23:57

Watching in mild horror as his friend determinedly made her way right to a literal bees nest, Rainfrost reflected that Birdstar was going to kick both of their butts right across the border when they came back covered in bee stings. “Why would you do it at all??” He called, but he’s not sure why he’s even questioning it at this point. He certainly wasn’t going to walk away, so he was truly just along for this ride.

He jumped back when the hive came crashing to the ground, tense and ready to run from a swarm, but there was no sign of one. He let out a sigh of relief as Lightningbreeze made her way back to the forest floor. He stared at her, deadpan and unimpressed, as he said, “I did not do anything.”

He paused, blinked, looked between her, the hive on the ground, and the tree it came from a few times before finally he said two words with an explosive sigh. “So… why?

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: the best laid plans [c]   the best laid plans [c] EmptyFri 30 Jun 2023 - 23:02

"'Cause I needed honey for something," Lightningbreeze said, as if it should have been obvious from the start. Well, as far as she was concerned, it should have. "Hey, you gotta value yourself more than that! Your company's super important, 'kay?"

As he asked what the point of all this was, she grinned at him. "Testing a theory of mine. And, well, there's a second thing, too- it's a fun surprise, promise! Now, where'd I put 'em- somewhere around here, for sure..."

Poking around the base of nearby trees, she eventually let out a triumphant sound. "Aha! I knew I left 'em here. Look! Feathers," she declared proudly, a stack of colorful feathers piled together underneath a shallow sheet of leaves. "So, honey sticks to things, right? Your tongue. The ground. Your fur."

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: the best laid plans [c]   the best laid plans [c] EmptyThu 27 Jul 2023 - 13:58

Rainfrost slowly blinked at one of his best friends. True to her speedy nature, Lightningbreeze’s mind often moved faster than Rainfrost’s more deliberate nature could keep up with. Sometimes, like now, he had very little idea what was happening. Still, for better or for worse, time spent with her was always an adventure. And…seeing her all happy and triumphant had him fighting to keep a smile off his face, and stay serious.

“Feathers.” He repeated flatly. He lifted a paw to poke at the pile of feathers before returning his gaze to Lightningbreeze. Her next statement had him edging away from the honey-filled nest. “Mmhmm.” He drawled, eyes narrowing. “It sure does stick in your fur. It's a very gross feeling. But-- carry on. Honey’s sticky.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: the best laid plans [c]   the best laid plans [c] EmptyThu 27 Jul 2023 - 14:42

Lightningbreeze's nose twitched in displeasure at the thought, but she quickly brushed it off. "What's a little discomfort in the name of discovery?" she shot back with a grin, removing one of the honeycombs from the beehive and rolling over it until most of the honey was thoroughly stuck to her fur. Step one was officially complete.

"So, honey sticks to things, which makes it perfect for what I want to do. See, birds are fast-- even faster than I am, half the time-- and what do birds have that we don't?" She paused for emphasis, then gestured to the pile in front of her with her tail. "That's right, they've got feathers. We have fur, which isn't really the same thing, but if I could give myself feathers then maybe I could go faster!"

Without letting Rainfrost get a word in, she rolled through the pile of feathers. And then she rolled through it again from the other side, just to be sure she'd gotten as many as possible.

The sticky feeling of honey on her fur was pretty uncomfortable, but she could deal with this and worse for the sake of her curiosity.

"Time for a test run!"

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: the best laid plans [c]   the best laid plans [c] EmptyTue 1 Aug 2023 - 18:49

Rainfrost opened and closed his mouth a few times, baffled and confused as Lightningbreeze laid out her plan. “...Okay.”

He’s already knee deep in this. He is accepting it, at this rate. Might as well go deep in the crazy. He sat back on haunches and lifted a paw before Lightningbreeze could take off. “Two things. First, birds are fast also because they fly and have wings. I think that affects their speed more than the feathers. For best results we should test your speed in the trees as well.

“Second, if we want to actually measure how much faster the feathers make you, we should decide on where you’re racing to and I will time you. We should wash you off later and see how fast you are without the feathers also so we can truly compare the two numbers and find out the answer.” Taking a breath, Rainfrost continued. "Ideally we’d do that first but you already put the feathers on. How about you run to that tall pine,” He gestures with his paw, “Back to here, and we’ll use that?”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP