Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit [F]oxkit [Fa]lconkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit [F] Unborn SkyClan Kit [Fa] Unborn WindClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2515

Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey   Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 4 Mar 2023 - 6:34

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

The penchant for ceremonies and Moonstones to come in pairs was entertaining to keep track of– most of the time. The ceremonies in particular gave Birdstar a little amusement, counting quietly how many days SkyClan would go before another one. Moonstones were less amusing. She was a bit grateful for how late in the day they’d get back from Highstones, because it kept her from hitting camp and turning right back toward Highstones with a different apprentice in tow. Still, even with a day or so’s rest between them, she felt bleary waking up at dawn again.

Ruffling what sleep she could from her fur, Birdstar ducked into the apprentice’s den and, once her eyes landed on Amberpaw, padded over and prodded her shoulder with a paw. Dropping the traveling herbs, she murmured, “We’re going to Highstones today, Amberpaw. Eat these.” With that and a nod, she stepped out of the den to wait.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E39D30
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2376

PostSubject: Re: Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey   Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 7 Mar 2023 - 16:33

Amberpaw pushed herself up on her feet to see Birdstar gazing at her. At first, she didn't understand why, but the herbs explained it. This must mean she was on her moonstone journey, and she could be a warrior soon. She grabbed the packet of traveling herbs, chewing them slowly before-

They tasted so gross.

But if she threw them up, she'd probably lose her chance of becoming a warrior, and the fear of staying an apprentice overwhelmed the disgust of the traveling herbs. Swallowing them down, the young she-cat turned to her leader. "I'm ready to go," she said, smiling at Birdstar. She wouldn't be turned away for making a face at her leader, right?

Laurelkit, WindClan Kit: 10/30

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey Image10
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit [F]oxkit [Fa]lconkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit [F] Unborn SkyClan Kit [Fa] Unborn WindClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey   Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 11 Mar 2023 - 13:16

Amberpaw’s disgust at the bitterness of the herbs was apparent, and Birdstar gave an entertained huff when she exited the den still wearing distaste on her face. She smiled quickly though, and Birdstar tipped her head as she moved to lead them out of camp. If the apprentice had been tired still, the taste of traveling herbs alone probably knocked it out of her. Just as well; they had a long walk, and light was just starting to break as they passed beneath the trees.

“Are you hoping to hear anything in particular?” She mewed as they crossed their stony territory. Regrettably, she didn’t know Amberpaw that well. The question served as a good way to learn a little about her while filling the hours of silence ahead of them.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E39D30
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey   Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 11 Mar 2023 - 15:12

When Birdstar led Amberpaw out of camp, Amberpaw breathed a sigh of relief. It was all fine. Everything was alright. She'd still be able to become a warrior. And if she was able to be a warrior...

She'd feel so much better about herself.

It was something she had dreamed of for the longest time. It was something that was always the end goal for her. Obviously, if she could become a warrior, she wouldn't have to listen to everything her mentor says anymore. And no offense to Ravenclaw (she was a great mentor and taught Amberpaw a ton) but she really wanted that freedom to do what she wanted.

When Birdstar asked if Amberpaw had something in particular she wanted to hear, the ginger she-cat couldn't really... answer. She couldn't say something that meant she wanted to be freer than her current position as an apprentice, and anything else she could try and think about just turned into mushy garbage that she didn't understand. Why can't I think of something?

"I'm not sure," she finally responded, continuing on the rocky path. She didn't want to look weak in front of her leader, though. "But I'm sure StarClan has something for me when we get to the Moonstone." Padding besides her leader, she decided to ask her a question. "What do you think leadership is, by the way?" she asked. "I'd love to be a leader like you one day, but I know I'd need to know a bit more about leadership before doing so." She wasn't flawless, after all.

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey   Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 11 Mar 2023 - 16:58

It look a little while for Amberpaw to respond, and the answer she eventually settled on was noncommittal. That was fine enough; it gave her little to work with, but Birdstar understood the lack of certainty… or lack of investment, whichever it were. She was searching her mind for something to follow up with when Amberpaw spoke again. Birdstar’s jaw set, and she was quiet while thinking on how to answer.

Eventually, “Well, it isn’t fun.” Wolfstar’s voice echoed in her mind, fuzzied from time. A rush of affection for her Clan went through her, a ripple of the life he’d given. Her first days as SkyClan’s leader– which came moons before she earned the title –fell like a shadow across her memory. Shaking the harrowing feeling away, she mewed, “It’s not as glamorous as it seems when you’re a kit. I’m the youngest and most recent of the leaders, as I’m sure you know, and I’ve already had my share of trouble. You’d be asked to make hard decisions, near daily.

What’s it about… hm. It’s about caring, I guess. I can’t imagine someone could pull leadership off without it. There has to be someone or something you love if you’re willing to give your life up nine times over for it.”
Her voice was somber, there was a sentimental softness in it too. The chill of remembering her own death passed through her, but that soothing adoration still warmed her fur. “Sorry, if that wasn’t the valiance you were expecting. I think it’s true, though.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E39D30
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey   Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 14 Mar 2023 - 16:14

Birdstar seemed to take a long time to answer her question, but when she finally responded she answered... somewhat thoughtfully. Amberpaw never realized that being a leader would be so... difficult. "Caring for something... or someone..." Amberpaw would have asked 'for what', but Birdstar had already answered that (annoyingly vaguely, but an answer nonetheless; she'd have a ton of trouble trying to pry further details from her leader).

"That's pretty interesting," Amberpaw replied. "I never knew how difficult leadership was." Somehow, a leader had to care about those 'under them' to be a good leader. Well, I'm glad you care about us. At least, she hoped she cared about her. She wasn't sure, honestly.

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey   Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 15 Mar 2023 - 17:33

Birdstar flicked an ear at the apprentice’s quiet repetition of her point. She didn’t sound particularly plussed by it, but Birdstar imagined she would have reacted the same way to such a sentimental response. Quietly, she shrugged, leading the way as the peak of Highstones rose over the near horizon.

“Yes. Very difficult,” she agreed, flicking her tail as the ground once more grew stony under their paws. “It’s not really about being ‘cool’, or anything. It’s just being… the one that answers. The one that goes first.” They’d made it to the base of the peak. Bunching her muscles, Birdstar leapt high along the rocks, swishing her tail to beckon Amberpaw follow. “Even when you’re dying. You answer, you go first. Be careful on the rocks– do you see what I mean? I wouldn’t mention that if I didn’t care. The snow and ice are thawing now, but its cold overnight, and it might refreeze. Stone is slippery; try not to fall.” Higher, she climbed.

When they’d each reached the top, Birdstar paused for a moment, giving them both a minute to rest. There had been something serious in her eyes when she was last speaking, but it faded now to her usual relaxed neutrality. “StarClan will have more answers for you than I could. Come.” Pushing on again, she led them to the mouth of the tunnels, pausing just outside. “It’ll be dark on our way to the Moonstone, and the walls can squeeze. Just listen and stay close to my tail.” She waited just long enough for it to seem Amberpaw understood before ducking through the shadowy entrance. Ever uncomfortable the tunnels were, but becoming ever-familiar with the path made the descent slide by faster with each trip. It wasn’t long before soft light shone over the path ahead, and only heartbeats after that was Birdstar leading them into the cavern where the Moonstone sat, glittering.

“Alright,” she mewed as she found a spot against the walls to settle. “Lay down next to the stone, and touch your nose to it. You’ll fall asleep quickly, and StarClan will find you in your dreams. I’ll see you in the morning, Amberpaw.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E39D30
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey   Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 18 Mar 2023 - 11:59

Amberpaw, honestly, had gotten a ton out of their conversation so far, but Birdstar kept on continuing, like she was hammering the same points down at her over and over again. It was frustrating, and she was barely listening as time started to pass. As she followed Birdstar on the path, the young she-cat felt her back paw slip on one of the rocks, before recovering. A few of Birdstar's words that were passing through her mind suddenly became crystal-clear:

"Be careful on the rocks. Stone is slippery; try not to fall."

Right... I don't want to plummet to my death and meet StarClan that way, after all.

As the young she-cat followed Birdstar to Mothermouth, Amberpaw sighed. She didn't expect to have to scrape her way through the tunnels and mess up her pelt that she was grooming perfectly, but perhaps that was a sacrifice she had to make to become a warrior. And she could always wash herself up after coming out of Mothermouth. "Thanks for the warning," she said, before following Birdstar inside.

Like she said, the tunnels did scrape her fur a lot. There were large spaces where she wasn't completely cramped, where she could feel the dirt accumulating on her pelt, but she had to follow Birdstar so she didn't get lost, so she instead growled silently until they reached the Moonstone cave.

The cave was massive, and Amberpaw could move freely now without worry. Immediately shaking the dirt off her pelt, the young she-cat quickly followed Birdstar's instructions. Quickly making herself to the glowing stone in the middle, the apprentice quickly lay down close to it, before touching the Moonstone with her nose. She didn't know what StarClan would have to say for her, but she wondered if-

She didn't get a chance to finish that thought before she passed out.

Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5896

PostSubject: Re: Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey   Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 20 Mar 2023 - 19:57

Having been resting under the shade of a starry trees, Tinylegs' white and grey pelt shimmered among the stars. Death was never a good thing per say, but being able to be reunited with family and friends had made it all worth it to the former SkyClan as well as RiverClan tom. He'd paid his dues and had lived a more than long life, and he had a full appreciation of how wonderful of a place StarClan truly was. If only the young cats down among the living were able to understand that more.

Noticing a shape begin to appear not far away from where he laid near the edge of the forest, Tinylegs focused his gaze on what seemed to be an apprentice. The young molly's pelt didn't shimmer with sparkling stars like those of deceased cats that had died and come to join the stars, which meant she was probably just visiting. Standing up, he gave long body a shake, sending specks of stardust falling back onto the misty ground. Well, he supposed he'd better say hello, it was the least he could do.

"Hello," Tinylegs mewed softly as he made his way over to the stranger as swiftly as his little legs allowed him. He wasn't a huge fan of padding through the waving grass, seeing as though some of it was almost taller than he was in certain spots, but he supposed it couldn't be helped. "Here for your Moonstone journey?" he asked, slowing his pace and stopping in front of the she-cat. He assumed that was what the younger cat was there for, but it didn't hurt to ask.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey VHQrlk5
Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey 1QYZaRo

Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey Molex311
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey   Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Amberpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: