Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

to be good for your age [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit [F]oxkit [Fa]lconkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit [F] Unborn SkyClan Kit [Fa] Unborn WindClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2515

to be good for your age [C] Empty
PostSubject: to be good for your age [C]   to be good for your age [C] EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 9:42 am

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Rowanpaw

Days had passed, and the initial zeal of being home again had started to dull. Not entirely: Rowanpaw was still shocked for a few moments when he woke in his nest each morning, still felt a brief wave of warmth at seeing his Clanmate's faces like he had just returned to camp, still reveled in the little things he had missed. There was still a bit of uncertainty in the air, but the routine of being a Clan cat came back to him swiftly. He felt a little less disjointed; he felt comfortable, again. His shoulders could relax for the first time in moons.

But at the same time, he still felt incredibly bothered. There were apprentices in the den he did not recognize. Rowanpaw learned their names quickly, and he made sure they knew his, but he could not bring himself to make proper introductions. And he caught his reflection periodically, in the river and in broken pools scattered across the territory. The sight of himself made Rowanpaw's throat burn. No matter how often he scratched and gnawed at it, he could not manage to pull his collar off. Trying only served to frustrate him further. He could not pray his ear back into place either, and no matter how long he closed his eyes for, the ugly line drawn across his muzzle was still there when he opened them. And Sandyshell was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on her, and though his weren't quite as bad, there was still a mild limp to Stormdance's gait. The thoughts made Rowanpaw's claws flex, stirring the slush underpaw. The last in particular made his tail flicker with agitation.

It was late into the evening now, only a thin few streaks of light left in the sky. Earlier that day, a quick hunting patrol (which he'd failed to catch anything on, something that also made him fret) had led him to a corner of the territory that was familiar, but... haunted, almost. Though so much of RiverClan's fields made his paws halt to take in the stark contrast between leaf-fall and leaf-bare, and what the twolegs had left in their wake between seasons, he knew the thin trees there in a moment. It was hard to forget the scenery when he was being thrown through the air, or the beeches that stood in his periphery while Stormdance's leg was broken.

The encounter with the fox lingered in his mind for the rest of the day. He spent considerable time staring at the uneven patch of white fur on his hind leg, and more time seeking out his mentor to bother him– a covert way to ensure his leg was healing well. And... he spent some time just brooding. He was not often the sort to brood, but he could not help it today.

It felt as if the maturing he was meant to go through gradually just fell atop him all at once. It was heavy, sobering. Rowanpaw had not intended to seek Perchstar out... and yet when he crawled out of his nest, restless and unable to relax, stony paws dragged him to the mouth of her den. He stood there for a while, wavering, silently debating if this was worth the bother. More than once he turned away, started to pad back across camp, then just as swiftly turned again on his pads to jog back. He had just come back from another failed attempt at walking away, facing down the reed curtain with fretfully narrowed eyes. Without giving himself another chance to overthink it, Rowanpaw briskly cleared his throat and called out, "Perchstar? May I come in?"

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E39D30
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6726

PostSubject: Re: to be good for your age [C]   to be good for your age [C] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 11:18 am

The lost had returned. Relief had sunk into the sand of RiverClan's camp, and it seemed to be thick in the air, as palpable as the stench of blood or the freezing, biting cold of the wind. At first, Perchstar had been among those who allowed the sudden sense of warmth and slight return to normalcy to lull her back into the soft, sinking feeling of security. However, looking at the joyful reunions between friends, family members, and mates had reminded her of her own losses. It didn't help that Larkkit's recent intrusion had brought previously repressed memories back to the forefront of her mind, making them more difficult to dismiss. It was unlike her to feel any sort of jealousy. It must have been one of those stars-cursed transplanted emotions from her lives again. But which? She couldn't place what it was stemming from. Instead, she tried her best not to become withdrawn, but found herself spending slightly more time in her den, staring at the empty nest whose only inhabitant was a layer of dust she couldn't bring herself to touch. It wasn't as if she was needed for more patrols, anyway, now that the warriors and apprentices had mostly returned.

And speaking of returned apprentices... Perchstar was surprised to see the very warrior-sized form of Rowanpaw slinking shadowlike outside the reedy entrance of her den. What could he have to discuss? Perhaps his long-delayed warrior ceremony, postponed even further by his abduction. It had certainly been quite a while since his injuries and less-than-ideal escapades. "You may," she answered simply, allowing him to come into the small, private space. It was immaculate, mostly--one sparse nest tucked in by the reed walls, surrounded by a small assortment of objects--a rock, a leaf, feathers--that were now half-hidden due to a recent encroachment into her privacy. The only out-of-place item to any wandering eyes would be the dust-buried nest in the far corner. One could be forgiven for believing it was simply part of the floor.

Rowanpaw looked different. It was not just the age that had changed him, but there was a change in his eyes. A slightly deeper, but duller, light aching behind them. What had he seen when he was captured by the Twolegs? What experiences had changed him so much... and were all those changes for the better? He had needed to grow up, it was true. But she couldn't help but feel a momentary worry that he would have changed too much for Poppyshine to recognize him. "What did you need? If you had come to speak about the possibility of a ceremony, I would have expected Stormdance to accompany you."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit [F]oxkit [Fa]lconkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit [F] Unborn SkyClan Kit [Fa] Unborn WindClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2515

PostSubject: Re: to be good for your age [C]   to be good for your age [C] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 3:30 pm

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Rowanpaw

At her invitation, Rowanpaw ducked carefully into Perchstar's den. The coolness of the space gave him the distinct feeling he wasn't supposed to be there. It wasn't for lack of feeling welcome– the leader's level focus on him gave him no pause. Maybe it was just the oddness of never having entered her den before. Whatever was in the air, it made his shoulders stiffen, straightening his posture. Despite the arresting feeling, Rowanpaw couldn't ignore his curiosity. As he padded in a few more steps he glanced around. Stray items were tucked neatly away, as was what appeared to be... a nest? He had to squint against the dim light, but before he could study it further, he remembered where he was. Quickly, green eyes sought Perchstar's nose, focusing there instead.

He was grateful that she took the lead in addressing him. He had no clue in how to start this, though answering a question was a good place– but the statement following pushed the air out of his lungs before he could speak. "My– ceremony?" Rowanpaw's voice cracked sharply, and his brow furrowed at it. It was a mundane thing, and it was reasonable that that might be the cause of his visit, but- but it wasn't long ago he thought he would never see his ceremony. In truth, he still wasn't entirely sure. To hear it– or even just the idea of it –mentioned so easily... A wheezy noise somewhere between a sigh and a strained laugh rose out of his chest.

"No, no. Though if you are preparing for it, I am not in position to complain." He couldn't manage the proper lilt for the remark, and the wit in it dissolved halfway through. Bowing his head, Rowanpaw finally settled back on his haunches, thick tail curled comfortingly against his forelegs. Though he was in a more relaxed position, his muscles remained tight. He was starting to wonder if the chill that crept on him when entering the den was nothing to do with the space itself, but the onset of anxiety. A huff through his nose dismissed the wonder. He had no reason to be anxious– yet.

"No... no, something is on my mind. Nothing so important as to demand I appear in your den. I am sure it could wait until morning–" Rowanpaw stopped himself, tossing his head backwards to stare the den's ceiling.. His words were fluttering, staggered together and pitch rising and dropping unevenly. A tight breath in through his nose, and as loosely as he could, out through his mouth. He tried to force his shoulders to relax, but they remained tense, and he could not bother to fight it. With a quick clear of his throat, "One moment. Allow me to restart."

Even though he was only staring at the ceiling, Rowanpaw screwed his eyes shut. He allowed himself one more practiced breath before speaking again, forcing his voice– with considerable effort –to remain steady and slow. "I am sure you remember when Stormdance and I were attacked by a fox. I imagine that is hard to forget. As far as I have told you, it was only an unfortunate encounter during a routine hunting patrol. However, I would like to inform you that that is false." His chest constricted, and Rowanpaw's nostrils flared when he remembered to breathe again. Silently he swore he would never engage in another important conversation again.

"At the time, I had considered myself lucky to escape Stormdance's attention, as well as that of the other warriors present in camp. I am sure Stormdance considered himself lucky to escape my presence then as well. He just happened to cross my path on a walk, and... we argued. I was the first to raise my voice. And... and suppose our bickering attracted the fox's attention." Rowanpaw's closed eyes tightened briefly before gradually opening. He blinked twice to readjust to the dim light, then returned his gaze to Perchstar. His eyes were soft now, almost pleading. "Despite how I was wont to behave, he fought hard to protect me from it. And- and I to protect him. If nothing else, please do not let him incur any punishment from this. He– we did not want to lie for the sake of deceit. He felt being thrown about like a mouse was punishment and lesson enough for me. I am... I am sure he was right." Rowanpaw's voice finally faltered again, and he only sighed.

He could not imagine what Perchstar was thinking– it had always been impossible for him to read her. He wondered if she would heed his request, and allow Stormdance go without reprimand; if that ceremony she'd so idly mentioned would ever be a reality. Bowing his head deeply, Rowanpaw finished in a small voice, "Stormdance has been a good mentor, and he has taught– and raised –me well. I do not want to see him troubled for daring to protect me. If there are to be consequences, I hope they all befall me." He let the quiet hang for only a moment before an afterthought struck him and he hurriedly added, "Apologies for saying so much at once, Perchstar! I... I hope it was not too much of a bother to hear."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E39D30
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6726

PostSubject: Re: to be good for your age [C]   to be good for your age [C] EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 9:13 am

Not for his ceremony? What was he here for, then? Perchstar kept her mouth shut, simply nodding as Rowanpaw offered to explain what was on his mind. She settled into a sitting position as he did. It seemed that he planned to be here for a while... whatever this was, it was no small matter. It occurred to her just how different he looked. Though she'd been able to get a glimpse of him as he entered the den, now that they were closer, it was easier to see just how ragged his normally well-kept pelt had become. Moons of being stressed would do that to a cat. There was something deeper about his voice, as well. The last time they'd spoken, on their patrol together, he'd been flippant. Other than when he'd seemed uncomfortable with her authority, he'd been carefree. That didn't seem to be the case anymore. Whatever had brought him to her den at this hour, it was obviously weighing on him heavily.

Rowanpaw's voice was slow, even shaky, as he laid out his tale. Perchstar remained silent and listened until he was through. But when he began by mentioning the fox attack, her ears swiveled forward. There had always seemed to be something off about that whole situation--especially the way the apprentice himself had acted when initially questioned about it--but she had let it go, trusting that whatever the matter was, Stormdance was more than capable of dealing with it. Despite the anxiety that was obviously truncating his every breath, Rowanpaw managed to explain that their cover story had, in fact, been just that. It had been a foolish attempt to sneak out on his own, disregarding the rules that had been put in place for nothing other than the chance to do so. Stormdance had encountered him, and during that argument, the fox had appeared. It made more sense the more she thought about it... especially the uneasy air of Stormdance upon returning so badly wounded. At the time, she had thought it a mere side effect of the injury, and that it had happened in front of his apprentice, no less. But now she knew the real cause.

The way that Rowanpaw was pleading, almost begging for her to refrain from punishing Stormdance, was unlike him. Despite the circumstances, Perchstar felt a moment of pride in Poppyshine for matching mentor and apprentice together. They had clearly grown to care for each other deeply. It was almost touching. Once the apprentice finished speaking, silence hung heavy in the air for a moment as the leader considered what had been said. There were decisions to be made... and it was her job to make them.

"Rowanpaw," Perchstar finally said. "It speaks well of you that you decided to tell me this, for no reason other than to come clean honestly. However, I wish that both you and Stormdance had not been so cautious in treading around me in this matter. Do my Clanmates truly believe that I am so unreasonable as to fear my punishments so greatly?" Though her voice remained calm, the words pierced her deeply even as she said them. Had she truly been so far removed from the lives of those she was sworn to protect that they would avoid telling her the truth, simply out of worry of how she would react? She sighed. "Never mind. Your reasons for doing so in the past are of no consequence--and if the fault lies with me, then so it is. In the meantime, you chose to tell me, and I do appreciate that. Obviously you have your heart in the right place, given how genuinely you entreated me for Stormdance's protection. I am glad that despite the initial animosity between you two, that you have both learned so much from each other. And yet... rules were broken. Rules that could--and did--cause injury to those who broke them. This you know."

Light blue eyes met Rowanpaw's, peering at him carefully. He certainly had changed. What to do? A punishment for a trespass so long forgotten would mean nothing at this point... and even at the time, if they had simply been honest, her punishments would have been light. Perhaps some elder duty for Rowanpaw, but nothing more. Their efforts to protect each other had been misguided, despite coming from a place of affection. But such things didn't matter. Thinking or speaking of "what would have been" was a waste of time.

"Rowanpaw. My punishment for you is this." Perchstar swept her tail imperiously over her paws. She felt the tenseness of the apprentice as he waited, no doubt imagining what she would say next. Then--her face relaxed into a gentler expression. Not a smile, certainly, but what might as well have been one for a cat as stoic as herself. "You must tell Stormdance what you have told me. Tell him that you appreciate his mentorship, and that he has done well to teach you as he has. Statements that I agree with wholeheartedly. Nothing else could fit such a trespass. Doing such will earn forgiveness for the rules that were foolishly broken so many moons ago, for the cause of escaping the very mentor you have grown to adore so much... unless my judgements are incorrect." She blinked at Rowanpaw, and then turned her head away. "...Have you any other questions?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: to be good for your age [C]   to be good for your age [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

to be good for your age [C]
Page 1 of 1