Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

the start of forever [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

the start of forever [c] Empty
PostSubject: the start of forever [c]   the start of forever [c] EmptyWed Feb 15, 2023 11:58 am

Days after he'd returned from the Moonstone, Lichenpaw found himself on a hunting patrol. He didn't particularly enjoy hunting, because obviously, the prey never stood a chance against his prowess. Darkspirit had trained him well, though, and he did enjoy tracking... if a threat to ThunderClan ever made its way on to their territory, he was confident he could track it for miles, and, honestly, probably take it on himself. Though... he still hadn't beaten Darkspirit in a spar and that was annoying, but a small setback at best! Eventually, he would come out the victor, right?

Once the hunting party had split to do their own thing, the apprentice stumbled across the scent of a rabbit, and that's what he was after. Sure, he could find a squirrel or a mouse or something, but those were too easy. He wanted a challenge. Lichenpaw had been tracking it for some time when the scent of SkyClan reached him. He paused, lifting his head... he hadn't realized he'd come to close to the border. Curiosity seized him... of course, Darkspirit had taken him on a patrol of the entire territory, and he'd marked borders, but he was here alone this time... he could take his time looking.

Suddenly, the crack of a branch underpaw had him sinking quickly into a crouch. The rabbit! It was close. Border forgotten, exploration put on the backburner, Lichenpaw wove through the undergrowth towards his prey... one paw in front of the other, silent, tactical, his pelt blending in with the shadows cast by the trees overhead. He saw a flash of cream fur ahead through the foliage, and grinned, adjusting his stance in preparation for a sprint. He made the calculations in his head, bunched, and then exploded forward, legs churning beneath him as he beelined for his target. He seemed to catch up quickly, to his surprise... except then the smell of SkyClan was growing rapidly closer, and as the border came and went beneath his paws, Lichenpaw put on the brakes.

He didn't stop quickly enough, though, and as he accidentally crossed the border, trying desperately to stop, he managed to slam right into the rabbit... except it wasn't a rabbit, it was another cat, who was sent into a full tumble by the momentum of his charge. Together, they went head-over-tail once or twice before coming to a stop, with Lichenpaw on top and nose to nose with the other, apprentice-sized she-cat. He blinked down at her, a sheepish grin crawling across his face. "Hey - you ain't a rabbit."
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: the start of forever [c]   the start of forever [c] EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 6:50 am

↞ JUNIPERPAW ↠

Juniperpaw couldn’t do much more than stare, a little wild and a little bit more fearful. This was just her luck, really— she had such a great track record when it came to patrols. From falling from trees to getting attacked by geese, it didn’t seem like the poor molly could get a break, and yet again there she was with some unknown ThunderClan apprentice pinning her to the grass and moss beneath her head. The tom did seem a little aggressive, though not exactly bloodthirsty; pretty green eyes leered over at her with a worried, kind smile. He must’ve been hunting around the border, too, and for the first time in her experience as Creamsky’s apprentice did Juniperpaw wished he had just told her to stay in camp. InterClan dealings were not Juniperpaw’s strong suit.

”No, I’m certainly not!” Juniperpaw retorted, teetering from side to side in attempt to roll out from under this tom. Her dainty little paws were no match against his broad chest, but she had always been a slippery one— she was sure if she wiggled just right, she could crawl free. ”And you’re no SkyClan cat, either! What are you doing in our territory? You better give me a good reason, or I’ll get Birdstar faster than you can blink!”

Finally, after some time wriggling, Juniperpaw managed to squeeze out from the ThunderClanners grasp. She was quick to stand up straight and shake her coat off, ice blue eyes staring at the tom with some resemblance of anger or seriousness. She was never very intimidating, but Juniperpaw sure could try. ”What’s your name, ThunderClanner? So I can report you back to my mentor and leader!”

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: the start of forever [c]   the start of forever [c] EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 3:06 pm

When he noticed that the she-cat was trying to get up, Lichenpaw leaned back, allowing her to slip from beneath him more easily. He shook his pelt and flopped down on his haunches, head tilting slightly as the SkyClanner went on her tirade. Pale green eyes stared at her, squinted slightly with unrestrained amusement. "Aw, listen, it was an honest accident," he told her earnestly. "See, I was trackin' this rabbit, and then I saw ya, through the bushes, y'know - your coat does look awful rabbit-like, an', I, well I mean that as a compliment, cuz I really do like rabbits, but anyway... I was tracking this rabbit, and I tried to stop before I crossed the border, really, I just... well, I didn't."

Lichenpaw grinned again. "But then I got to meet ya, so, worth it?" He lifted a back leg to kick lazily at an itch behind his ear, then straightened and looked her in the eye, "Oh, I'm Lichenpaw - who're you?"
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: the start of forever [c]   the start of forever [c] EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 11:38 am

↞ JUNIPERPAW ↠

Juniperpaw narrowed her eyes at Lichenpaw,not exactly sure if she should be flattered or even more incensed. He clearly didn’t take her threats seriously at all, the mirth in his green eyes evident even without his irritating grin. Though, even if he found the situation much funnier than Juniperpaw did, he seemed to tell the truth when he admitted it was an accident. The ragdoll molly wouldn’t exactly consider herself very rabbit-like, but then again, she couldn’t really fault him for an honest mistake. And if she was being honest, Juniperpaw wasn’t exactly jumping out of her pelt to go and tell Birdstar like she wanted Lichenpaw to think. She would prefer any encounters to stay, well, courdial. Birdstar was really trying with the whole “reinstating alliances” thing.

”Juniperpaw. My name is Juniperpaw.” The molly admits after a moment of studying Lichenpaw’s annoyingly pretty face. ”You must be some tracker then, Lichenpaw, if you followed that rabbit all the way into our territory! Though, that nose of yours may be busted– I don’t smell anything like a rabbit, I don’t think!”

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: the start of forever [c]   the start of forever [c] EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 3:20 pm

"Aw, no, you smell nicer'n a rabbit," Lichenpaw grinned. He whipped his tail to curl around his paws, kneading the grass beneath him gently. "It's nice to meet ya, Juniperpaw. Even if it's under weird circumstances. An' I'm sorry for scarin' ya, too."

Thankfully, the SkyClan she-cat's anger seemed to have abated, for now at least, which meant the odds she would run home and tell on him were slightly reduced. Lichenpaw wasn't super worried about it... he knew that Mottlestar would probably realize it truly had been a mistake, and no one had actually been harmed, so there was really nothing to tell. But regardless, even he knew that tempers between the clans had been running hot lately, and anything that could contribute to that was something that he had no desire to be a part of.

Speaking of which... the fact that he was still standing three fox lengths inside the SkyClan border was probably not ideal, and if the rest of his patrol came looking for him - or Juniperpaw's, for her - it was bound to get ugly one way or the other. So he popped up, and leaned in to gently headbutt Juniperpaw's shoulder, giving her a nice slow blink as he pulled away. "Anywho, I should prolly get back on my side of the border, huh? See you around?"
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: the start of forever [c]   the start of forever [c] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 11:52 am

↞ JUNIPERPAW ↠

Juniperpaw wasn’t sure if she liked how Lichenpaw made her feel. The molly loved making friends, loved meeting new people— even if other clans made her uneasy— but this tom… this tom was something new.

New wasn’t good. Juniperpaw quickly decided she didn’t like new.

Lichenpaw was visciously charismatic, and while it would have charmed her on any other basis, watching him teeter around clan borders and sweet talk made it feel like her heart was at the back of her throat. It wasn’t even disgust or dislike either, which worried Juniperpaw even more. A tom had never bothered to talk to her this way ever in her short life, and even though Lichenpaw wasn’t SkyClan blood she still felt giddy.

Juniperpaw didn’t like that one bit. She wasn’t very sorry to see him go, if she had to be honest. It was better if she never saw him again!

”It was nice meeting you too.” Juniperpaw muttered after a moment, forcing herself to answer. She had to be an upstanding example for SkyClan, even if she didn’t actually think it was nice meeting Lichenpaw at all. ”It’ll be in your best interest to stay on your side of the border from now on, I think. If we do meet again, it better be at Fourtrees and not in this forest, or you’ll be rather sorry!”

With that, Juniperpaw turned and stalked away with a dramatic flourish of her tail. It took a lot more energy than she wanted to admit to not look back to see if Lichenpaw was still there.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the start of forever [c]   the start of forever [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

the start of forever [c]
Page 1 of 1