Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kizzy

kizzy

Characters : Sparkpaw, Darkpaw, Emberpaw
Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 130

Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  Empty
PostSubject: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  EmptyFri 3 Feb 2023 - 10:24

Darkpaw ☆ RiverClan

Darkpaw didn't think he'd get in trouble for exploring just outside the RiverClan camp's borders. Sure, he was technically without a mentor, but he trusted that this close to camp was safe enough to be at on his own. Plus, he had to admit that the rather devious nature of the other RiverClan apprentices was starting to rub off on him. I definitely won't get in trouble with Fawneye for exploring, he thought, thinking of his new mentor and her excited and happy personality. In fact, she would probably encourage it; Darkpaw could sense, even in their short time as mentor and apprentice, that Fawneye wanted him to be a little less serious.

Darkpaw turned his gaze to the trees above him, their long branches reaching into the darkening sky. The light that filtered down between the crisscrossing limbs was delicate and warm, even this far into Leafbare. He closed his eyes for a moment, relishing the feeling of the sun on his back. Darkpaw was looking forward to when the snow finally gave way to green grass and wildflowers, but the bengal tom had to admit that this was nice, too. Maybe I can find somewhere quiet to watch the sunset, he thought.

Darkpaw jumped at the sound of crunching leaves behind him.

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc

Last edited by kizzy on Wed 8 Feb 2023 - 11:52; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  EmptyMon 6 Feb 2023 - 11:05

↞ TOADKIT ↠

”Darkpaw?” Toadpaw asked incredulously, large eyes even wider than usual. This is exactly what he didn’t want to see— someone sneaking out of camp at the exact same time and at the exact same place he was. Darkpaw was such a rule-follower, too; certainly he would just turn tail and tell on Toadpaw to every cat in RiverClan! He had just become an apprentice, taking advantage of his new freedoms; Perchstar would de-rank him to a kit again for sure! He had never seen her do it, but he’s heard her threaten it a couple of times.

He had to come up with a cover-up and fast. Head swiveling side to side wildly in search of some idea of clue, Toadpaw began to mumble rapidly— something he was very, very good at. If he played his cards right, he could keep Darkpaw busy until he came up with an excuse! ”What are you— I mean, why— I mean! Darkpaw! What are you doing out here after dark! That’s not allowed, you know!” Darkpaw continued at him a little too knowingly for Toadpaw’s liking, and the black tom began to sweat nervously. ”I was just, you know— Checking the camp! I heard a strange noise, and I wanted to scare whatever it was away, if it was a bear or an eagle or something… but it was probably you! You’ve gotta tell me what you’re doing out here!”

Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  EmptyMon 6 Feb 2023 - 18:52

Darkpaw ☆ RiverClan

Darkpaw flattened his ears as he recognized Toadpaw. "Toadpaw!" he hissed at his clanmate. "You scared the tail off of me." But Toadpaw wasn't listening — he was busy muttering to himself, something Darkpaw was starting to notice that he did all the time, and something the small tom looked absolutely mental doing. He only had to make his eyes roll back towards the sky for any cat to think he was being bombarded with visions straight from StarClan themselves. The medicine cats would have a fit if they saw him doing that.

What's he mewing on about? Darkpaw thought, padding closer to him. A bear? Isn't that what he said he scared off in camp the first time we met? "For StarClan's sake, there's no bears around," Darkpaw told Toadpaw. "What are you doing out here, anyway?"

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  EmptyWed 8 Feb 2023 - 11:24

↞ TOADKIT ↠

”I asked first!” Toadpaw mumbled under his breath, trying his hardest to ignore Darkpaw’s seemingly omnipotent knowledge. It was very difficult to pull something over his eyes; Toadpaw was charismatic, but not very bright, and Darkpaw was the exact opposite. Intelligent, strong, and already imposing at such a young age— Toadpaw envied him a little bit.

Not that he would ever tell anyone, of course.

”I saw you sneak out of the apprentice den.” Toadpaw admitted quietly, weaving through the weeds to join Darkpaw at his side. ”I wanted to know where you were going, so I… followed you… But it was for the safety of the clan, you know! I had to know if you were running off in the night to fraternize with the other clans!”

Looking Darkpaw in the eyes was getting increasingly harder as Toadpaw continued to dig himself into a hole. Looking out onto the river, he continued, ”But I knew you weren’t. I just wanted to check. What are you doing, anyway? Hunting? You know there’s owls and foxes out now, since it’s dark.” At that thought, Toadpaw let out a shiver— predators were his worst fear.

Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  EmptyWed 8 Feb 2023 - 12:10

Darkpaw ☆ RiverClan

Darkpaw rolled his eyes at Toadpaw's suggestion. The only cat from another clan that Darkpaw knew was Foxpaw, who he'd met at the last Gathering, and he definitely wasn't interested in sneaking off to SkyClan territory to see him. "I'm not leaving RiverClan territory," Darkpaw said. "I just wanted to explore for a bit." Alone, he added silently, ears flattened. Toadpaw was always doing this; for an apprentice that was hardly out of the nursery, he seemed convinced he knew everything, down to exactly what Darkpaw should be doing at any given moment.

"You may as well explore with me," Darkpaw told Toadpaw. He knew there'd be no convincing his clanmate to go back to his den now that there was even a glimmer of a chance at an adventure. "And we won't see any owls or foxes," Darkpaw added. Atleast, I hope we won't.

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  EmptyFri 10 Feb 2023 - 9:49

↞ TOADKIT ↠

”Yeah, yeah” Toadpaw snickered as he followed behind Darkpaw. ”Whatever you say, fraternizer!” He never did think Darkpaw was fraternizing, of course— Darkpaw would honestly be the last apprentice Toadpaw would suspect— yet the joke was just too good to lay to rest. It was just too fun to irritate and rile him up.

The forest was quickly getting dark and was frighteningly still, silent except for the lapping of the river against the rocks and the distant calls of predators Toadpaw couldn’t name; as a kit he would cover his ears and cry at those sounds, so he never listened when his mother attempted to teach him their names. The distance of the calls were the only thing keeping him held together, if he had to be honest, big yellow eyes flickering around wherever he stepped. He didn’t want to act like a coward in front of Darkpaw— he cursed his paws as they shook with every step. Though he couldn’t shake the feelings of fear and anxiety, Toadpaw could admit he felt a good margin better than he thought he would. Darkpaw was stoic and as silent as the trees as he walked in front of Toadpaw, confident and serene, and the tom felt as if he was accompanied by a senior warrior instead of an apprentice like him. If something bad did happen, at least Toadpaw had Darkpaw to handle it for him.

”We should go hunting!” Toadpaw announced after a pause, a little uneasy with the silence between him and the other tom. ”Catch some fish or some mice! Whatdya say?”

Speaking of mice… a bush by Toadpaw’s side shook with activity! Surely there had to be some prey hiding in there! He had yet to be properly trained for hunting, had little idea what to do, but Toadpaw was a cat above all else. He could just follow his instincts!!

He stopped, listened for the rustling to begin again, and when it did he leaped into the bush, and…

He caught it! He really, actually, caught it! Admittedly, he did drop the mouse in surprise when he realized what he had done, but he had been so quick to grab it again he was sure Darkpaw didn’t notice. ”Darkpaw! Look!” he called, words garbled by the prey in his jaws.

Last edited by Zeroh on Fri 10 Feb 2023 - 9:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15103

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  EmptyFri 10 Feb 2023 - 9:49

The member 'Zeroh' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  Mistpe10
Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  EmptyTue 14 Feb 2023 - 9:10

Darkpaw ☆ RiverClan

Darkpaw rolled his eyes dramatically. "I'm not a fraternizer," he insisted. He knew Toadpaw was just trying to get a rise out of him. Secretly, Darkpaw kindof liked the familiar back-and-forth banter. Toadpaw never took anything seriously, save for his anxieties about predators and the general dangers that the forest might hold. Darkpaw felt like everything was important, but being with Toadpaw made him feel less...intense. More like things actually could be fun, if he gave them the chance to be.

Darkpaw padded forward through the moonlit forest, Toadpaw following cautiously behind him. The trees and undergrowth were silent in the late evening, the patches of snow helping to muffle any sounds that might be around them. It's so peaceful, Darkpaw thought, purring slightly at the distant echo of the river water. I can't wait to see what it looks like in Green Leaf.

Darkpaw jumped at Toadpaw's suggestion to hunt. He'd almost forgotten the tom was with him. As much as the thought of a nice, fat fish made his stomach growl, Darkpaw didn't feel like getting his paws wet in the icy river this late at night. "I don't know about fish, but—" he broke off at the sight of Toadpaw throwing himself into a nearby bush. He emerged a second later with a mouse.

Darkpaw smirked when Toadpaw briefly dropped the mouse in surprise. He didn't expect to catch anything, Darkpaw guessed. But that was...sweet, he admitted to himself. "I—wow," he said, padding over to his clanmate. "That was a great catch, Toadpaw. Have you caught anything before this?"

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2023 - 12:16

↞ TOADPAW ↠

”No!” Toadpaw admitted without a second thought, before realizing what he said. Oh StarClan above, Darkpaw didn’t need to know that! ”I mean! I mean sure I have! I’ve hunted plenty before! This is– this is nothing! This is just some little mouse! Hardly enough to bring back to the clan!”

Stumbling out of the bush to meet Darkpaw halfway, Toadpaw spat out the little mouse at the dark tom’s feet. ”You can have it, if you want! It’s just something small, not anything to go cry home about. You know what– let's go and see if there’s any fish out on the river! You know they’re real active at night, I’ve been told. The water’s cold but It’ll keep us awake!”

It was getting to be more and more of a chore to ignore the heat flaring up in Toadpaw’s face as he ran ahead of Darkpaw out onto the shoreline. It was just some mouse. It didn’t mean anything.

Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2023 - 18:41

Darkpaw ☆ RiverClan

Darkpaw flattened his ears as Toadpaw raced away from him towards the river. Is he trying to change the subject, or is he just being...Toadpaw? Darkpaw thought, looking down at the mouse that his denmate had given him. Or caught for me? some distant part of him wondered, but he pushed the thought away, ears burning at the idea. Toadpaw was just being nice. He was probably trying to make up for following Darkpaw all the way out here.

Darkpaw shook his head, trying to clear it before he spoke to Toadpaw again. He stretched down to grab the mouse before heading toward the shoreline. The river was still high, bathed in moonlight and looking especially chilly tonight. Maybe I'll try and catch a fish, Darkpaw thought, placing the mouse safely away from the water. But what if he missed? That would be just what he needed — to totally embarrass himself trying to catch a fish in front of his clanmate who had just effortlessly caught a mouse, even if he hadn't expected to.

Darkpaw narrowed his eyes, feeling even more determined now. He crouched near Toadpaw at the edge of the river, looking for the familiar shadow of the fish. A moment later, he spotted a silver flash of scales beneath the moonlight, and he swiped a paw beneath the surface.

"Mouse dung!" Darkpaw cursed as the fish swam effortlessly away. He sat down on his haunches, embarrassed. He was about to see if Toadpaw had had any luck when a weird, wet little rat practically flew out of the shadows towards them.

Oh, StarClan, Darkpaw thought in exasperation. Not a weasel! "Toadpaw, look out!"

Weasel
20 HP / 135 SP

Darkpaw
20 HP / 60 SP

Toadpaw
20 HP / 60 SP

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc

Last edited by kizzy on Mon 20 Feb 2023 - 18:53; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15103

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2023 - 18:41

The member 'kizzy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  Mistpe10
Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  EmptyTue 21 Feb 2023 - 10:59

↞ TOADPAW ↠

If Toadpaw were to ever meet a predator, he promised himself he wouldn’t scream. He had spent his entire childhood screaming at anything that moved, from leaves to bugs, and it made him the butt of the joke for a lot of the nursery. He resented it, really, wished his clanmates found him brave instead of cowardly, so he promised himself the night after his ceremony he wouldn’t ever scream. He would be stoic and strong, never show fear again…

but a weasel popped out from the bushes, soaking wet and snarling, and Toadpaw shrieked. Toadpaw shrieked loud and long enough to wake all of RiverClan.

”Eeek!” Toadpaw squealed when the slippery, slimy little thing grabbed ahold of his foot from the brush. The weasel wouldn’t let go no matter how hard Toadpaw shook and hopped around— it didn’t look strong at all, at first glance, but Stars Above it had strong jaws! ”Get it off me! Get it off!!”

The Weasel used Gripping Bite, dealing 7 damage and costing 15 stamina! The weasel is now clamped onto Toadpaw and won’t let go for two turns!

Toadpaw:
13/20 HP (-7)
60/60 SP

Darkpaw:
20/20 HP
60/60 SP

Weasel:
20/20 HP
120/135 SP (-15)

Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  EmptyWed 22 Feb 2023 - 17:17

Darkpaw ☆ RiverClan

Darkpaw grit his teeth in determination as he flung himself towards the weasel, claws outstretched. This wasn't the first fight he'd seen, and he was certain it wouldn't be the last, but it was the first one with Toadpaw, and that certainly counted for something.

"Get off him!" Darkpaw yowled, slicing at the weasel's side with unsheathed claws. To his dismay, the thing stayed clamped to Toadpaw's foot. "It's not letting go!" Darkpaw told his clanmate, considering slapping the thing again.

Darkpaw used Front Paw Stike on the weasel!

Weasel
14 HP / 120 SP (-6HP)

Darkpaw
20 HP / 53 SP (-7SP)

Toadpaw
13 HP / 60 SP

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  EmptyFri 3 Mar 2023 - 10:31

↞ TOADPAW ↠

When Toadpaw was very young, his mother told him a story. Her pretty eyes, yellow like Toadpaw’s, staring wistfully at the sky, she told him how sometimes, things happen because StarClan wants them to. That his ancestors were looking down on him, watching him, and made sure his story was told exactly as it should be.

Whichever StarClan cat did this to him needed to be replaced. Toadpaw’s life was starting to look like one big joke, with him smack dab in the middle.

Darkpaw couldn’t get the blasted weasel to let go of Toadpaw’s poor, poor paw, its little jaws clamping tighter and tighter each time his friend tugs. At the beginning, when it first latched on, the pain was almost unnoticeable, but now… [color:8805=ffcc00]”Ow, ow, ow, ow!” Toadpaw squealed, swapping hopping around hopelessly for batting at the weasel with unsheathed claws. It didn’t seem to be doing much, however. ”Darkpaw, get it ooofffff!! It’s gonna take my paw off!!”

Toadpaw uses Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 points in damage and using up 7 points of stamina! Gripping bite continues to do 7 points of damage and cost 15 points of stamina! The weasel will release next turn.

Weasel: 8 HP (-6)/105 SP (-15)

Toadpaw: 6 HP (-7)/53 SP (-7)

Darkpaw: 20 HP/53 SP

Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  EmptyMon 13 Mar 2023 - 10:10

Darkpaw ☆ RiverClan

Darkpaw growled, determined to get this weasel gone once and for all. Raising his paw back once more, he clawed the weasel all the way down it's back, and the thing let out a shrill scream as it finally, finally let go of Toadpaw.

Darkpaw used Front Paw Stike on the weasel! It releases Toadpaw.

Weasel
2 HP / 120 SP (-6HP)

Darkpaw
20 HP / 46 SP (-7SP)

Toadpaw
6 HP / 53 SP

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)    Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Toadpaw & Darkpaw's Excellent Adventure (O for Toad)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next